STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamer Box - 4 lbs
20 PC Games - 10 lbs

Supposed to get them both tomorrow.

Seems like some of us might be getting the same thing for the gamer box.

How often do they do this?

Checking on Stootsi, for the PC games, a good chunk are expansions and even a handful of Mac titles.
Civ II, Neverwinter Nights expansions, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and 3 expansions, etc.

Also, all the boxes had the same weight:

Gamer: 4
Bronze: 4
Silver: 8
Gold: 10
Platinum: 15

For comparison, I was recently shipped the Nyko Frontman guitar for the PS3. That was 6 lbs, I believe.

read on another fourm the PC boxes went out on the 11th... other boxes will start going out on the 18 aand some might not even ship until the middle of SEPT

if this is true that would be total BS

[quote name='Robman62']I Emailed support and they told me they have 15k boxes to process[/QUOTE]

I would email them back and tell them i dont give a flying #$#$ how many packages you have to ship

you said the items would ship AUG 11 and they didnt ship them therefore they lied

I doubt i deal with this company again and have already wrote in saying

WHERE IS MY PACKAGE (not in caps though)

if i dont have it by friday i just dispute im not going to wait 4 to 6 weeks like some other boards are saying they have been told

more like they dont have the crap to send out yet they are sitting there with the money

Just say it would break down this way

10000 5 buck boxes == 50,000
2000 10 buck========= 20,000
2000 25 buck====== 50,000
1000 50 buck ===50,000

that is 170,000 bucks they get to have back on AUG 2 while the people who gave them the money gets their items who knows when

hell 170,000 bucks put in a month cd would net them an easy 425 bucks per month for free

Yea, $425 is really going to make or break their finances for the year, and certainly not that potential $170,000! And they certainly aren't coming close to losing any money on shipping out orders to people who bought hundreds of PC games and have no cost for goods or operation. You keep fighting the good fight, slidecage.

I wonder if you guys are gono get your product before we get our Turtle beaches some people have been waiting two weeks and havent got them.

Well, the .25 cent games seems like a loss leader type of offer to me. The idea that some people that already have their games might be unhappy is somewhat laughable in my mind, these appear to be new games and shipping alone seems like it would cost more than people are paying for games.

One guy is unhappy, another guy says "Unbelievable, such great games...I envy you guys soo much right now"

If we are buying new games by the pound, that's a amazing deal.

My only concern is if they keep up their standards. I'd hate to ship off 50 pounds of games to someone, while making a attempt to give them unique games and only getting a few bucks to cover costs. Given the amount of orders they have to fill I could easily imagine them sending off jewel case only games, or finding other ways of cutting corners if they manage to fill all the orders at all.

For the record, I have no email from UPS but the Stootsi page has now been updated to say my 75 games have been shipped in one box. Let's see how they fit 75 games in one box, or how big the box is...

I think the .25 game thing could either endear Stootsi to a lot of people or end up ruining their reputation. I can tell you this, if I get my 75 games and I have 30 unique games in keeping with what I've seen so far from Stootsi I would be very pleased...

[quote name='Robman62']I'd any1 who got their games not have the billing info thing change[/quote]
Can you type that so i can understand it better ty

[quote name='omegam14']Can you type that so i can understand it better ty[/quote]
He was asking if anyone has received their games/box(s) but their tracking still says "Billing Information Received".

[quote name='SynGamer']He was asking if anyone has received their games/box(s) but their tracking still says "Billing Information Received".[/quote]
I want to know that too.

[quote name='Robman62']I'd any1 who got their games not have the billing info thing change[/quote]

my games shipped last friday and my info was updated late saturday to show that it had a departure scan from New Stanton,PA , then updated again late sunday to show that it had an arrival scan in syracuse,NY...it was delivered on monday.

got my shipping notification yesterday for my gamer box, and as of right now still shows "billing information received" but sched. for delivery today

[quote name='hobomatt']my games shipped last friday and my info was updated late saturday to show that it had a departure scan from New Stanton,PA , then updated again late sunday to show that it had an arrival scan in syracuse,NY...it was delivered on monday.

got my shipping notification yesterday for my gamer box, and as of right now still shows "billing information received" but sched. for delivery today[/quote]
Let us know if you get it today

I wish they'd be a bit more upfront when things are going to ship, they said stuff would go out the week of the 11th, I'm going out of town for a couple of days and would be a bit annoyed if they delay shipping long enough that I miss out on my sadness guarantee, since that is a big part of the reason I decided to throw caution to the wind and get a platinum box.

:/

[quote name='omegam14']Let us know if you get it today[/quote]

will do, don't get UPS stuff delivered until around 5 PM EST, but will post later with my results

[quote name='hobomatt']my games shipped last friday and my info was updated late saturday to show that it had a departure scan from New Stanton,PA , then updated again late sunday to show that it had an arrival scan in syracuse,NY...it was delivered on monday.

got my shipping notification yesterday for my gamer box, and as of right now still shows "billing information received" but sched. for delivery today[/quote]
I live in Potsdam, NY, not sure if you've heard of it but it's about 2 hours north of Syracuse.

[quote name='hobomatt']will do, don't get UPS stuff delivered until around 5 PM EST, but will post later with my results[/quote]
iam supposed to get my product today too ill post if i get it or not

[quote name='omegam14']Can you type that so i can understand it better ty[/quote]

I was typing from my itouch and it was going crazy, the predictive text made did i'd....but you got the message

[quote name='SynGamer']I live in Potsdam, NY, not sure if you've heard of it but it's about 2 hours north of Syracuse.[/quote]

Oh Yes, I have heard of Potsdam...have family living up there....another month or so and you will be having your first blizzard

I have 32 pounds of games coming. 60 are in one box, and 15 are in another (according to the UPS info, one is labeled as 15 games and is 7 pounds from what I can tell).

I ordered 60 pc games on the 4th. Yesterday, on the stootsi order page, the status changed to shipped. I just received the UPS Ship Notification email. The email gives a Aug 15 delivery date and a single package at 24lbs. UPS site, just says Billing Information Received.

[quote name='biggdog']I ordered 60 pc games on the 4th. Yesterday, on the stootsi order page, the status changed to shipped. I just received the UPS Ship Notification email. The email gives a Aug 15 delivery date and a single package at 24lbs. UPS site, just says Billing Information Received.[/quote]
Lol dont expect it to change for a while

Don't get your hopes up. I ordered the Turtle Beach headphones, got an email saying it would be deliverd by the 11th. Well, guess what, its the 13th, no headphones and its still says Billing Information Received. And good luck getting any kind of informative response from them. I sent 3 nice emails asking for some information...the 4th message was not so nice.

[quote name='ksteele76']Don't get your hopes up. I ordered the Turtle Beach headphones, got an email saying it would be deliverd by the 11th. Well, guess what, its the 13th, no headphones and its still says Billing Information Received. And good luck getting any kind of informative response from them. I sent 3 nice emails asking for some information...the 4th message was not so nice.[/quote]

Did they inform you of any backorder?

yeah, a 3 day one but i had to ask what was going on. They said it shipped out officially on the 11th. My tracking still says Billing Information Received. We ship UPS all the time where i work and i have had stuff shipped to me via UPS all the time and it never takes 2 days (if they really shipped it) to get updated info on UPS's website. So IMO, there is no way this was sent out on the 11th or any proof it has even been sent out yet. Their email responses are terrible and vague. Once this is over, i will never be buying anything from them again. Terrible customer service.

[quote name='ksteele76']Don't get your hopes up. I ordered the Turtle Beach headphones, got an email saying it would be deliverd by the 11th. Well, guess what, its the 13th, no headphones and its still says Billing Information Received. And good luck getting any kind of informative response from them. I sent 3 nice emails asking for some information...the 4th message was not so nice.[/quote]
Get a refund i payed with paypal just to be sure.

lol UPS said expected delivery was today but I just saw a UPS truck drive by so yea.. don't get your hopes up for those Gamer Boxes

[quote name='Genocidal']Yea, $425 is really going to make or break their finances for the year, and certainly not that potential $170,000! And they certainly aren't coming close to losing any money on shipping out orders to people who bought hundreds of PC games and have no cost for goods or operation. You keep fighting the good fight, slidecage.[/QUOTE]

still its 425 bucks WOOO i would get it all in pennies

i doubt that they will lose tons of money on the pc games. Short term maybe but long term they will make cash since those games will not be taking up space.

I just like like to #$#$#$ and complain

i hope my box has a pony

[quote name='ksteele76']yeah, a 3 day one but i had to ask what was going on. They said it shipped out officially on the 11th. My tracking still says Billing Information Received. We ship UPS all the time where i work and i have had stuff shipped to me via UPS all the time and it never takes 2 days (if they really shipped it) to get updated info on UPS's website. So IMO, there is no way this was sent out on the 11th or any proof it has even been sent out yet. Their email responses are terrible and vague. Once this is over, i will never be buying anything from them again. Terrible customer service.[/QUOTE]

this is what i got sent back

This promo was meant to be fun - not cause aggravation. Do you want us to cancel your order or can you wait for us to ship out the thousands of fun boxes to our customers?

Never gave any idea when or IF these boxes will ship

First off if they never intended to ship the items out then they should of never put the AUG 11 shipping date. IF they cant handle the load THEN DONT TAKE THE FREAKING ORDERS

remember all these said it could be anything for a game system...... Why do i expect everyone to get PSP CABLES that you can get anywhere for around 1 to 2 bucks now

Hell iit cant be any worse then TRU.... I was told on the 800 line TOYS R US DOES NOT HAVE TO TAKE RETURNS .. ALL SALES R NOW FINAL lol

It will be interesting to see how many disputes and complaints they get from the BBB
Wee 2 disputes in 2 weeks

I thought about buying something... but then i have to question why... becaue of the issues everyone is having... either you expect it or don't buy it.

they may not be prepared for the onslaught of 1000s of orders in a day.... and they are just human.

I'm not saying that they aren't at fault... but it's not like stootsi is a major corp retailer chain or anything... hell...

I ordered from Woot... and that took 2.5 weeks... just for small kites... I'm not going to call the BBB for that... woot is slow and they make no effort to hide that fact though.

[quote name='slidecage']this is what i got sent back

This promo was meant to be fun - not cause aggravation. Do you want us to cancel your order or can you wait for us to ship out the thousands of fun boxes to our customers?

Never gave any idea when or IF these boxes will ship

First off if they never intended to ship the items out then they should of never put the AUG 11 shipping date. IF they cant handle the load THEN DONT TAKE THE FREAKING ORDERS

remember all these said it could be anything for a game system...... Why do i expect everyone to get PSP CABLES that you can get anywhere for around 1 to 2 bucks now

Hell iit cant be any worse then TRU.... I was told on the 800 line TOYS R US DOES NOT HAVE TO TAKE RETURNS .. ALL SALES R NOW FINAL lol

It will be interesting to see how many disputes and complaints they get from the BBB
Wee 2 disputes in 2 weeks[/quote]
Get the fuck over yourself, anyone with half a brain knows that something of this size will take time to get your order, just be patient. I received my 40 games today and was not expecting them til next week. And yeah the UPS site seems a little slow updating, my order was already halfway here when it decided to update. But seriously, get the fuck over yourself.

Edit: I see you weren't the idiot freaking out, I apologize. The idiot you quoted however does need to just get the fuck over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xycury']I ordered from Woot... and that took 2.5 weeks... just for small kites... I'm not going to call the BBB for that... woot is slow and they make no effort to hide that fact though.[/quote]Woot isn't slow, Fedex SmartPost is slow.

[quote name='Zabii']I received my 40 games today and was not expecting them til next week. [/QUOTE]

Anything new/different from what we've been seeing (the only games I've seen so far are the ones from people that got 20 games and the 30 game deal Stootsi had on their site)?

UPS just updated the info for my PC games. All 60 are in Secaucus NJ right now and should arrive tomorrow. Gamer Box is still at the Billing Info Received status though.

[quote name='adawg555']UPS just updated the info for my PC games. All 60 are in Secaucus NJ right now and should arrive tomorrow. Gamer Box is still at the Billing Info Received status though.[/QUOTE]

from what i read on other sites they will be shipping out the PC packs first

I got to wonder if they didnt have a hell of a great deal on a bunch of gamer junk and they never got it in yet ( that is why the gamer boxes are not shipping)

werid they are shipping out the PC games but not the gamer boxes

So did anyone get anything remotely good? Zabii, from your latest posts, you don't seem to sound very thrilled with the results.

The lack of excitement seems to be confirming many peoples' opinions that these "surprise" deals are pure shit...

Got my box.

20 titles:
Civ II
RCT2 Expansion: Time Twister
RCT2 Expansion: Wacky Worlds
RCT3 Expansion: Soaked
Neverwinter Nights Expansion: Shadows of Undrentide
Neverwinter Nights Expansion: Hordes of Underdark
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer for Mac OS X
Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales
Pat Sajack's Lucky Numbers
Arther and the Invisibles
Deer Hunter - 2005 Season
TV Land Trivia
Terminator 3: War of the Machines
Deadly Dozen
Magic: The Gathering Battlegrounds
Hero X
Taz: Wanted
Starlancer
Peal Harbor: Defend the Fleet
Dungeons & Dragons Online - 30 Day Trial

Sold Civ II for $10. Kept a few RCT expansions I didn't have.

bread's done
Back