Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

Got a stick. It's pretty neat.
3277417939_8d9d0c2dfe.jpg

My store only got one TE stick in D: .. we had at least four pre-orders.. hopefully more come in on Monday. We got plenty of the fight sticks in though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I got the wrong impression at first.

Was about to bust some virtual heads![/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm talkin' about that other $$$$a Jim who loves jumpin'

The funny thing is that Gamecrazy pulled a GS on me and said they couldn't sell it until Tuesday and only got enough to fill pre-orders. Then I went to the GS across town and picked up the fight stick. Fail.

Well I drove 25 miles and picked up a ken fightpad. I was please and yet dissapointed. I was able to play the arcade versions along with mortal kombat much much better. The pad response was excellent but My particular fightpad has the same issue the first psp had when I try to jump say from left to right (I press the 1-2 oclock ) The character jumps straight up. I have to press it multiple times.

Upon further review I find the hole that the dpad rest in cut off centered, example more space on the left between the dpad and the controller than on the upper right.

I am really stuck on whether I should return it to the store but there aren't anymore kens availible. Even with the glich the pad is an awesome upgrade from the 360 controller. Any tips or mods.? Anyone's dpad hole looks uneven?

Well my A button sticks on my TE joystick. :cry:

I can play without it if I reset the buttons, I wouldn't normally use it the way the buttons are layed out. But, for the money, I guess I better find out if I can get a replacement.

Mike.m try removing the button and putting it back in. Sometimes the plunger gets lodged incorrectly during installation.

[quote name='eastx']Mike.m try removing the button and putting it back in. Sometimes the plunger gets lodged incorrectly during installation.[/quote]

Wouldn't that void his warranty though?

Unless the button itself is glued in, there's no way they could tell (provided he opened it from the top).

Last edited by a moderator:
My gf put a full preorder down on this for me (vday gift) according to her, Best Buy was sold out and this was the last one from Gamestop. Take that for what it's worth.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You can play imports on a North American 360?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the game. Some aren't region locked.

So I'm watching a stream of this, and I may have the wrong impression here, so please correct me. It seems that, no matter what characters you've unlocked, you can use them in online play.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4423008&CatId=3836

if your PC can run it the Torrent is up on many sites, works perfectly with the 360 PC adapter

I picked one up at Circuit City today for $10

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows-Pc/dp/B000HZFCT2

my Laptop runs its just fine.

I decided to get the PC version because its $20 cheaper and User will probably create custom alternate costume which will put the Console version to shame.

[quote name='Ice Cold']http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4423008&CatId=3836

if your PC can run it the Torrent is up on many sites, works perfectly with the 360 PC adapter

I picked one up at Circuit City today for $10

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows-Pc/dp/B000HZFCT2

my Laptop runs its just fine.

I decided to get the PC version because its $20 cheaper and User will probably create custom alternate costume which will put the Console version to shame.[/QUOTE]

Uh ohs...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']So, has anyone answered the question of how some of the poeple in this thread have the game already?[/quote]

AH YOU OKAYYYY???

[quote name='GuilewasNK']So, has anyone answered the question of how some of the poeple in this thread have the game already?[/QUOTE]

C'mon, you're not really asking this and not knowing the answer, right?

[quote name='Strell']C'mon, you're not really asking this and not knowing the answer, right?[/quote]

Nah.

I just got tired of everyone passing over the question.

Even though there is not a lobby system (like the one featured in SSF2THDR), I still look forward to enjoying this game. :mrgreen:

Thankfully, at least we have the Xbox Live Party system. I suppose spectating matches would lead to more data transferred and could have lead to online lag. That said, it would be much appreciated if Capcom patched the feature into the game (if that's even possible).

Here's a question for all of you who have the game and have unlocked everyone. If you get to Akuma/Gouken in Arcade mode, what happens if you lose to them?

You can continue until you beat them.

I've never lost (I'm too good), but some other people I know lost and were able to retry.

Let's keep this discussion on topic please...

Regarding the games online play, overall, its pretty disappointing, especially compared with SF's XBLA brothers and other current gen fighting games.

No Quarter Match/lobby system, a non-functional Quick Match and this annoying "Now Saving" sequence that appears after every match all lead to a bare-bones experience.

At least I haven't encountered any lag yet.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Wouldn't that void his warranty though?[/quote]

I'm going to talk to Mad Catz about it. I have spoken with a certain very helpful someone here on the boards. :)

Mike.m try removing the button and putting it back in. Sometimes the plunger gets lodged incorrectly during installation.

That was my thought too. I used to work in an arcade so I thought about opening it up just to check it out, but I wanted to be sure there would be no issues if I had to return it.

[quote name='CheapyD']Let's keep this discussion on topic please...

Regarding the games online play, overall, its pretty disappointing, especially compared with SF's XBLA brothers and other current gen fighting games.

No Quarter Match/lobby system, a non-functional Quick Match and this annoying "Now Saving" sequence that appears after every match all lead to a bare-bones experience.

At least I haven't encountered any lag yet.[/quote]

If what you're saying is true, it seems like another case of Japanese companies "not getting" online play. I saw what RE5 had in terms of co-op and it also looks pretty disappointing. I will say that lag is going to pickup come Tuesday though, when more people get it.

Also, good to hear that you don't have to beat them in 1 go. It'll make it that much easier :cry:

[quote name='CheapyD']Let's keep this discussion on topic please...

At least I haven't encountered any lag yet.[/quote]

Cheapy here's the Championship DLC pack that's free and is supposed to be out I assume this week with the game (from Kotaku:)

"The Championship Mode Expansion Pack, which Capcom says will be out "post launch", will include a replay mode, two new points systems and an enhanced tournament matching system.
• Replay Mode – Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.
• New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)
• Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments."

All that matters is there is no lag.

Go play halo or gears if you wanna chat it up with your brah's.

I love how all posts get deleted that ask any questions about how legit this shit is.

No, the lack of lobbies sucks. Multiplayer games with lobbies have wayyyy larger communities in general than games that lack lobbies.

Anyone have hands-on impressions of the SE Fightstick? I bought one last night but haven't opened and I'm wondering if I should keep it. I grew up playing SF on a pad and I bought 2 of the fightpads and have been really satisfied using them in HD Remix. Now don't get up all in my grill about you HAVE to have a stick to be competitive, don't give me that garbage. I can hold my own.

I've never used a stick before, only briefly on the SNES for SF II and I remember not liking it (I was also like 8), but if I can improve my success rate for pulling off a move from like 95% to 100% using a stick, I'll pop open the box. If anyone can give me impressions as a person who has never used a stick either, that'd be appreciated.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone have hands-on impressions of the SE Fightstick? I bought one last night but haven't opened and I'm wondering if I should keep it. I grew up playing SF on a pad and I bought 2 of the fightpads and have been really satisfied using them in HD Remix. Now don't get up all in my grill about you HAVE to have a stick to be competitive, don't give me that garbage. I can hold my own.

I've never used a stick before, only briefly on the SNES for SF II and I remember not liking it (I was also like 8), but if I can improve my success rate for pulling off a move from like 95% to 100% using a stick, I'll pop open the box. If anyone can give me impressions as a person who has never used a stick either, that'd be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

How serious do you plan on taking the game?

I mean, the stick isn't going to turn you into some godly player, but I think you already know that. If you really, really want to be in the upper-tier of players, you could probably use a stick. But without a doubt you'll be able to win your fair share of matches just by using a pad. I would say that it will probably improve your success rate once you really get used to it, but that may take awhile.

I think the bottom line is, if you're comfortable with the pads, and really enjoy them, and don't think you're much of a stick guy, then do not keep the stick.

I've been playing my SFs on SNES, PS1, and DC pads.

The only time I've ever played using a stick is when I was a youngin'.

I have recently become more interested in the novelty of having a stick and decided to pick up the FS SE (Fight Stick Standard Edition).

I fell in love with playing with a stick right away. It's definitely a new experience and I have to get used to it, but I can already tell that I am playing better and I love the ability to pull off moves more often.

That said, the FS SE has an issue that causes the stick to get stuck in place and you have to wiggle it out of it. You can fix this problem by upgrading the joystick to a Seimetsu or Sanwa stick which will set you back $20-$25.

I'm probably just going to end up returning it and getting a HRAP EX from Amazon.

In my opinion, I think you should open it and try it. If you got it from Gamestop, you have 7 days to decide if you like it or not.

I think the TE stick is the best stick I've used and I've used a variety of sticks over the years with different systems. It feels very natural and precise. Now if only my A button didn't stick. I can get around it for now though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']How serious do you plan on taking the game?

I mean, the stick isn't going to turn you into some godly player, but I think you already know that. If you really, really want to be in the upper-tier of players, you could probably use a stick. But without a doubt you'll be able to win your fair share of matches just by using a pad. I would say that it will probably improve your success rate once you really get used to it, but that may take awhile.

I think the bottom line is, if you're comfortable with the pads, and really enjoy them, and don't think you're much of a stick guy, then do not keep the stick.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* That's pretty much what I've been telling myself, but for whatever reason I REALLY want to play with a joystick. I feel like it'd make me feel like I'm better or something. The thing that makes me want to open it is for the charge characters, my down -> up charge moves don't come out reliably as I'd like them to. I've actually had to learn to play with the Fight pad using the piano style with my right hand because I couldn't pull off charge moves reliably as I like to, but with the piano style my success rate is much much much higher now and I'm almost as good with my Deejay as I am with my Ken.

I'll wait a bit longer and see if any of my friends or cousin picks up a stick so I can try it out on theirs to see if I wanna keep mine. If not, it's goin' back to GS. Thanks Jimbo.

If anyone wants to play HD Remix, hit me up with a FR since that thread seems to be dead.

[quote name='Trakan']Panda, give me the stick.[/QUOTE]

You and X must be strapped for cash or somethin.

[quote name='zewone']
In my opinion, I think you should open it and try it. If you got it from Gamestop, you have 7 days to decide if you like it or not.[/QUOTE]

I might do that right now actually...

Also Zew, how long did it take for you to get adjusted to the stick? I know its gonna be different for both of us, but I'd like to know how much time I potentially might have to put into getting used to using a stick.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']

Also Zew, how long did it take for you to get adjusted to the stick? I know its gonna be different for both of us, but I'd like to know how much time I potentially might have to put into getting used to using a stick.[/quote]

You've never been to an arcade?

[quote name='mike.m']You've never been to an arcade?[/QUOTE]

I said I never used a stick extensively....is that hard to believe?

I've been to arcades, but not to play fighters

bread's done
Back