Stu Hart's wrestling topic

[quote name='YeahRight13']i dont like wrestling that much[/QUOTE]

Then this topic isn't for you. This topic may deal with things (HHH for example)about wrestling we don't like but everyone likes some wrestling to some degree here.

Jericho is awesome, especially in person. He loves his fans, and I thought it was so cool at a house show when he took a kid's camera, put his arm around the kid, and took a picture with him. That's really cool.

[quote name='YeahRight13']i dont like wrestling that much[/QUOTE]

I think I said this before...

take it elsewhere, post whore; if you want proof that status is not gained by one's rank, take a good, long look at help1 or Kayden.

myke.
...you're on that same road, my friend.

"Booker.. I want to have sex with your wife. Not just any sex, that dirty beastiality sex" -- Kurt Angle

WTF have they done to his character.. my god.

[quote name='mykevermin']...take it elsewhere, post whore; if you want proof that status is not gained by one's rank, take a good, long look at help1 or Kayden.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I agree that your Y2J question is important. I'd like to know what others' answers would be who aren't such avid fans of Jericho as I.

And that has always been my impression of him, as well, Saucy.

I think that Jericho's mic work has been a bit on the ropes recently as well. It's been a couple of years since I have seen him on a constant role with the mic (although he does have his moments now a days). But I think that all is due to WWE not using him well. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too big of a Jericoholic mark...

[quote name='Scorch']"Booker.. I want to have sex with your wife. Not just any sex, that dirty beastiality sex" -- Kurt Angle

WTF have they done to his character.. my god.[/QUOTE]

Is that from Smackdown! tonight? It doesn't start for another fifteen minutes here. I'm going to miss the second thirty minutes to tune into the MTV show tonight. But I'll be back for the last hour.

[quote name='Scorch']"Booker.. I want to have sex with your wife. Not just any sex, that dirty beastiality sex" -- Kurt Angle

WTF have they done to his character.. my god.[/QUOTE]

In the words of Farooq......

DAMN.

Probably the first and last beastiality reference on network TV. I can understand the sex with Sharmell part (she is a hottie anyways). But the beastiality comment doesn't make sense any way you look at it.

WTF have they done to his character.. my god.[/QUOTE]Yeah... I think he meant animalistic sex. Which isn't quite the same thing. But it's still awful. Damn you WWE, I don't tune in for the fiendish sex angles.

I did love the Eddie stuff, though. His heel turn is going a lot better than I expceted. His opening monologue was pretty good, and the mood lighting actually helped. It was much better done than when they attempted it with HHH on RAW after WM, sitting in the ring, lights dimmed, spotlight, sitting on a steel chair in the middle of the ring. The red crowd lighting and the ground lighting added a lot.

Of course, that all would have gone to crap if Eddie didn't deliver a great promo, which he did.

Man, when I become a parent, I'm afraid I'm going to become *soooo* conservative. Who in the world would let their child watch TV, when athletes are talking about bestiality at 8PM? Jesus Flippin' Christ on a Pogo Stick.

myke.
...Eddie is good, though.

I watched the Xbox program instead of the end of SD! Did Angle force himself on Sharmell at all, or did he merely *attempt* to? In either case, it's simply appalling television when you consider that they advertise lollipops on the show, which is not exactly an adult demographic.

myke.
...going to ROH again tomorrow! Homicide and American Dragon in a cage! austin Aries versus Jamie Knoble! Nigel McGuinnes and Chad Collyer versus Colt Cabana and Doug Williams!

[quote name='mykevermin']I watched the Xbox program instead of the end of SD! Did Angle force himself on Sharmell at all, or did he merely *attempt* to? In either case, it's simply appalling television when you consider that they advertise lollipops on the show, which is not exactly an adult demographic.

myke.
...going to ROH again tomorrow! Homicide and American Dragon in a cage! austin Aries versus Jamie Knoble! Nigel McGuinnes and Chad Collyer versus Colt Cabana and Doug Williams![/QUOTE]

I don't think so, I think he gave her a demented look and acted like he was. He basically did it to lure Booker backstage and fuck him up.

the best part tonight was Big Show eating a poisoned apple. It was cool

[quote name='mykevermin']I watched the Xbox program instead of the end of SD! Did Angle force himself on Sharmell at all, or did he merely *attempt* to? In either case, it's simply appalling television when you consider that they advertise lollipops on the show, which is not exactly an adult demographic.

myke.
...going to ROH again tomorrow! Homicide and American Dragon in a cage! austin Aries versus Jamie Knoble! Nigel McGuinnes and Chad Collyer versus Colt Cabana and Doug Williams![/QUOTE]

After Booker and Angle fought for a few minutes, Angle ran to the back into "Booker's locker room" where Sharmell resided. We then got Sharmell screaming like Angle is raping her. However, Booker came in the room and Sharmell was pretty much screaming for no reason. Then, Kurt jumped Booker and trashed him, although not without yelling "I want your wife!"

...Just in case we didn't get it already.

[quote name='Scorch']"I want to have sex with your wife. Not just any sex, that dirty beastiality sex"[/QUOTE]
I switched to that just as he was saying it and it gave me a good laugh. I'm surprised he was able to keep a straight face.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I switched to that just as he was saying it and it gave me a good laugh. I'm surprised he was able to keep a straight face.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I would have busted out laughing soo many times. I wonder how many takes they had to do to get it right.

Here is an interesting story about the Matt and Lita angle. It's from Wrestling 365 newsletter. I think putting them together, as much as it sucks for Matt, instant heat.

"A note which you could call rough justice regarding Lita. A number of
WWE wrestlers were hanging out at TGI Fridays in Wilkes-Barre following
Raw this past Monday night. There was Lita, Edge, Benoit, Christian,
Tomko, Victoria, Maria, Hurricane, and a few others. Lita, Edge and
Benoit all sat and ate together while the other wrestlers sat away from
them. There were dozens of fans who were pretty much treating them all
like rock stars. Edge and Lita later got up to leave together and then
at least 30 fans surrounded them and started chanting "Your A Whore!"
Needless to say Lita and Edge then made a hasty exit. "

[quote name='vrs1650']Here is an interesting story about the Matt and Lita angle. It's from Wrestling 365 newsletter. I think putting them together, as much as it sucks for Matt, instant heat.

"A note which you could call rough justice regarding Lita. A number of
WWE wrestlers were hanging out at TGI Fridays in Wilkes-Barre following
Raw this past Monday night. There was Lita, Edge, Benoit, Christian,
Tomko, Victoria, Maria, Hurricane, and a few others. Lita, Edge and
Benoit all sat and ate together while the other wrestlers sat away from
them. There were dozens of fans who were pretty much treating them all
like rock stars. Edge and Lita later got up to leave together and then
at least 30 fans surrounded them and started chanting "Your A Whore!"
Needless to say Lita and Edge then made a hasty exit. "[/QUOTE]

Ouch! It's one thing to do it in an arena and quite another to do it in a restaurant. Hopefully there were no children around.

Not sure, but I think that is pretty funny stuff. Also interesting to hear what Foley had to stay about the situation.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Ouch! It's one thing to do it in an arena and quite another to do it in a restaurant. Hopefully there were no children around.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If there were children, I'd slap the shit out of the dumbass parents who have their children in a loud, screaming bar at midnight or later.

myke.

EDIT what did Foley say?

I know someone had mentioned Snitsky was gone, but I read today:

Gene Snitsky has had a blood clot in his stomach, which explains his lack of TV time. This was very unfortunate for him, because RAW just made a round of shows in his hometown area. He will be cleared next week, and may get involved in the Kane/Lita/Edge stuff this week on RAW.

So I guess he's still around, just Reigns is gone.

Just watched the end of Smackdown(I too was watching the Xbox 360 special). Man, Sharmell could've tone down on the screaming. Didn't catch much of the Big Show angle, but it looked decent enough to sell to the crowd.

That sucks about Snitsky though. Seems like him & Heidenreich are people that WWE don't know what to do with after feuding with Kane & Taker.

Reports from backstage sources leaked on Thursday indicate that Luther Reigns' release was actually the result of a personal request from the superstar. Reigns felt that he was not being utilized to his maximum potential and asked the company to release him from his contract. There is absolutely no heat on Reigns from management, with many praising the wrestler for being upfront about his concerns.

Reigns currently plans to devote more focus to his real estate investments in Arizona. Although he did leave on great terms, the likelihood of a return is unknown as Reigns is very interested in his real estate venture.

The rumor that Reigns' release was related to his leaving the European tour, which was due to injury, appears to be unsubstantiated.

Speaking of the Edge/Lita/Hardy drama, John Cena recently spoke out on the situation on an appearance of the Opie & Anthony Radio show. Cena said "I gotta move to the other show" because it seemed all the excitement was happening on the Raw brand. He said he thought the way WWE handled the situation was odd because "Matt sold tickets," but he added that Lita is "hot" and that, while he considered Matt a close friend who helped bring him up when he first came in, "there's another side to the story that I can't speak on." He noted that it "takes two to tango." O&A joked about how if it was Cena screwing your girlfriend, there'd be nothing you could do about it.

-- Lita is apparently not in a relationship with neither Edge or Matt Hardy at this point in time, however is on friendly terms with both.

-- When the situation between Matt Hardy, Lita, and Edge first went public, Edge was described as nonchalant and didn’t take it very seriously. However, over time Edge has been expressing regret over his actions and the situation.

-- Friends to both Hardy and Edge say that if their jobs depended on it, they would most likely be willing to work together.

The LifeWay website has an article up on how Steve "Sting" Borden he became a Christian. As mentioned before Sting will be in Birmingham this Saturday to promote his book and DVD.

(I couldn't find the article)

Here is what Foley said, once again courtesy of Wrestling 365 newsletter:

"Mick Foley spoke recently about the Edge-Lita affair during a speech at
the Long Island Nassau County Young Author's Conference. He said when he
heard the news he felt disheartened noting that it's an unwritten rule
in the locker room that you don't get involved with someone elses
girlfriend. He said he hopes that Edge and Lita are happy but also hopes
that they understand all the pain they've brought on other people. He
said that Hardy's release was a sad deal but thought he would do well on
the indie circuit. "

Interesting about Chris Benoit still letting himself be seen with Edge and Lita, especially when you consider that whole business about his wife being Kevin sullivan's ex.

Can't find the article, but Sting has on TV yesterday. He basically said his days as "The Stinger" are over. Which he basically meant that he's not going to return to wrestling.

Also, it seems Trish is really injured(a herniated disk), she posted that in a article on her site. Which makes you wonder if they're going to strip her of the title or just keep it on her until she comes back.

[quote name='supermariomelee']Can't find the article, but Sting has on TV yesterday. He basically said his days as "The Stinger" are over. Which he basically meant that he's not going to return to wrestling.

Also, it seems Trish is really injured(a herniated disk), she posted that in a article on her site. Which makes you wonder if they're going to strip her of the title or just keep it on her until she comes back.[/QUOTE]

Yep, better strip Trish of the title so we can all see that Christy Hemme/Candace Michelle feud.

Actually, how about they strip Trish of the title, but don't give it to anyone else. Just get rid of the damn thing.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Actually, how about they strip Trish of the title, but don't give it to anyone else. Just get rid of the damn thing.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think that would be right. There's only two real contenders besides Trish for the title, Victoria & Lita. Eventually we're going to get tired of it unless they bring some talent from outside or start training some of the women they're just using for eye candy.

That Val Venis/CM Punk match was a lot of fun to watch; also, Regal's physical shape is just incredible. He needs to be a heel, though.

Hard Justice update guyver?

myke.

raven xpac the best match so far....

right now its naturals and amw...great respect shown for candido. they placed a chair ringside with his towel on it

Awesome that AJ won. Now would be the time for TNA to really "go for it". With AJ as champ, TNA can legitimately give wrestling fans something unique.

Why would you want Hardy gone? Like it or not, people show up to the events (and watch television) because he is on it. Sometimes they are the wrong crowd (they show up for Hardy and leave after he's done), but he is a draw.

Would you rather see Mikey Batts or Cassdy Riley?

myke.
...as shameful as it is, if they want to go the prime time television, they need people such as Hardy (more than an old man like Raven).

Wow, someone other than Jarrett has the world title when they still have a TV deal. It was also a good choice to put it back on AJ.

According to some reports, Jeff Hardy was too stoned to catch his plane for the PPV. That's definitely not good if he wants to keep his job. Plus Matt Hardy is in talks with TNA too and one of the things they want to do is reunite the Hardy Boyz.

[quote name='supermariomelee']Wow, someone other than Jarrett has the world title when they still have a TV deal. It was also a good choice to put it back on AJ.

According to some reports, Jeff Hardy was too stoned to catch his plane for the PPV. That's definitely not good if he wants to keep his job. Plus Matt Hardy is in talks with TNA too and one of the things they want to do is reunite the Hardy Boyz.[/QUOTE]

Interesting; despite my previous post, I believe Jeff Hardy has a drug problem. Even if he's only smoking weed, it has sporadically impaired his ability to show up to work on time, in a business where timeliness is crucial to give the fans the show they want.

They ought to do a PSA; showing Jeff Hardy (cue "this is your brain") doing what he does best. Next, they can show X-Pac ("this is your brain on drugs. Any questions?"). That would be some civic responsibility.

How did they find out he was messed up? Whenever I was too incapacitated for work as a teenager, I knew well enough even then to not call in "fucked up" to work.

Moments like these, unfortunately, serve to vilify Jeff Jarrett retaining the title over other TNA members. Much as we want to hate him, he is (by default) the most dedicated TNA worker out there, and the only dependable guys that have been in his league recently have been Monty Brown and AJ Styles.

myke.
...the unfortunate relaity is that, based upon the promise of a Hardy Boyz reunion, and the merch he pushes, I doubt they'll let him go, or even punish him.

So I rec'd the WM21 dvd today; nice package altogether, very good deal for the price.

I noticed that they acknolwegded both Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider, but not the Black Eyed Peas, at least one of whom was sitting behind Sandler/Schneider. Perhaps you're only important if you're a movie tie-in.

Although I would have suspected it does not, this does have a "Wrestlemania" feel to it. the "money in the bank" match is awesome fun.

I also noticed that, to my knowledge, UT hasn't been on TV since WrestleMania. Am I right?

Last, but not least...

worrior.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']
Regal's physical shape is just incredible.
[/QUOTE]

That's Matt Furey's combat conditioning for you, Regal claimed it saved his life.

Hot Forza action is gonna win again because I can't stand to watch a Kane/Edge match. What good can come from it?

"How can an Ace be one AND eleven? What kind of God would allow that?"

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']That's Matt Furey's combat conditioning for you, Regal claimed it saved his life.[/QUOTE]

Vampiro has a testimonial on his website as well; I recognize Furey's face from banner ads on conservative websites (e.g. newsmax.com). I typically try to steer away from companies that are right-wing (which is why I will never buy Coors, aside from the obvious reasons); In Furey's case, his website has some convincing testimonials, so if I had $130 to blow to get in shape, I wouldn't mind trying this.

Regal shoud feud with Benjamin (and they can turn Tajiri heel too - them japs are easy to boo, right?); he totally deserves a more prominent role on Raw.

myke.
...still in awe of the welt he gave Antonio of the Heartthrobs.

LOL at that Ultimate Warrior action figure. It looks like they took a photo of I.R.S. and put Ultimate Warrior's head on it.

*The Ultimate Lawyers sold seperately

bread's done
Back