Stu Hart's wrestling topic

Anyone here get wwe 24/7? Cox just added it here and I was wondering if it would be worth the $7 a month to get it.

[quote name='ace25one']Anyone here get wwe 24/7? Cox just added it here and I was wondering if it would be worth the $7 a month to get it.[/QUOTE]

I'm still hoping that my cable company gets WWE 24/7 soon. It's definitely worth the $7 a month, from what I hear.

I didn't watch SmackDown! this week, so I don't know if this made TV or not.

During velocity, a front row sign reads: "Kurt Angle Fathered My Kittens"

myke.

[quote name='mykevermin']
...I'm so glad to hear that it's only $7 a month, but when will DirecTV get it?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that DirecTV is getting it. It says that it is for digital cable only. Unless, does DirecTV now get Video on Demand? If so, then WWE 24/7 is definitely a possibility.

I am going to try to watch RAW since the draft is coming up soon but everytime Edge and Lita comes on I am going to moon the damn TV.....

From what I have heard Lita is uncomfortable with the whole angle (probably because she realizess she fucked up royally). Edge seems to not give a shit in the slightest. WWE putting all this on the TV is classless even for them.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't think that DirecTV is getting it. It says that it is for digital cable only. Unless, does DirecTV now get Video on Demand? If so, then WWE 24/7 is definitely a possibility.[/QUOTE]

Well, technologically speaking, I don't think they can do "on demand" style service. On the other hand, they might offer a subscription station with a rotation of the 24/7 programs. You lose the ability to watch what you want, when you want (unless you have tivo), but I think it's the only way they can do it.

myke.
...I haven't heard anything about negotiations, but the above scenario is the most likely if it were to happen.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I am going to try to watch RAW since the draft is coming up soon but everytime Edge and Lita comes on I am going to moon the damn TV.....

From what I have heard Lita is uncomfortable with the whole angle (probably because she realizess she fucked up royally). Edge seems to not give a shit in the slightest. WWE putting all this on the TV is classless even for them.[/QUOTE]

I've taken the position of not caring; if I get pissy, the WWE might make the wrong impression that I want to see this more.

The angle demands that Matt Hardy be brought back into the WWE. Really, who could be a more sympathetic babyface at this point? Also, why else go through this angle, if not to bring Hardy in?

On the other hand, having Hardy be angry with Lita for leaving Kane would just seem downright absurd in regards to WWE storylines. Maybe they just put them together to (1) concentrate all the "you screwed Matt" heat into one television segment, and (2) make some new uber-heels.

myke.
...so whaddya think? Will V1 return or not?

That is what I don't understand about Matt's release. WWE exploits as much for their bottomline as possible. It didn't take a genius to see that Matt would have gotten HUGE responses from the crowd.

man I hope cena does not drop the belt tonight. I for one think he has much bigger pops that jbl ever has had even when he was with apa

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What is she wearing?[/QUOTE]

I saw her on Velocity last night; normally, I don't fawn over divas, much less ones who are known (literally!) for spreading their legs, and little else.

However, she had her hair in this totally hot pigtails/pompadour do, that made her look like a slightly latino Psychobilly chick. The clothes kill the image, but, well...

myke.
...the Guerrero/Mysterio match is *very* tempting, but I'm not buying.

Hey, I was looking through my CD's and I happened to find an entrance video for Daffney in WCW and I got to thinking....what is she doing now? There were rumors of her coming to WWE at one point weren't there?

Yeah I thought it was pretty good too, but a shitty ending. I guess that's really the only way to end it, with JBL quitting thinking of protecting his career. Overall, the PPV was a lot better than what I expected, plenty of solid matches.

[quote name='mykevermin']That Val Venis/CM Punk match was a lot of fun to watch; also, Regal's physical shape is just incredible. He needs to be a heel, though.

Hard Justice update guyver?

myke.[/QUOTE]

I just watched a tape of that match. Val really put CM over. Even Coach was talking him up. Has he wrestled for ROH? I've heard his name but never seen him wrestle before.

[quote name='neocisco']I just watched a tape of that match. Val really put CM over. Even Coach was talking him up. Has he wrestled for ROH? I've heard his name but never seen him wrestle before.[/QUOTE]

yea hes on ROH and used to be on tna.

i also saw him live a few times at mlw

[quote name='guyver2077']yea hes on ROH and used to be on tna.

i also saw him live a few times at mlw[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, I think I did see him a couple of times on TNA.

[quote name='neocisco']Now that you mention it, I think I did see him a couple of times on TNA.[/QUOTE]

He might even be coming back to TNA, word is they're interested in putting him in a match against Daniels at an upcoming PPV, and they have a story setup for him in case, (story for them probably being that he says hi to rhodes on his truck).

[quote name='guyver2077']yea hes on ROH and used to be on tna.

i also saw him live a few times at mlw[/QUOTE]

You've been to "a few" MLW shows? So you've been to them all?

:rofl:

myke.
...the only wrestling shirt I'll ever wear (in public) is my MLW Satoshi Kojima t-shirt.

lol im watching nwwl... the naked women wrestling league...or something like that..

this is so fucking funny...naked women wrestling!!!! and jimmy harts involved with the company

wwe champion john cena def. jbl
Booker T def. kurt angle
rey mysterio def. eddie guerrero
Carlito def. Big Show
WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS MNM def. hardcore holly & charlie haas
U.S. Champion Orlando Jordan def. heidenreich
Cruiserweight Champion Paul London def. Chavo Guerrero

Don't blame me for the punctuation, WWE.com is the culprit, and no Carlito Def. Big Show is not a typo :roll:

Here are my pics from Thursday when I met Edge and Stacy:

th_b0c0103b.jpg

th_7d0bb992.jpg

th_7364f7ea.jpg

As I explained in my original post, Edge made me laugh by comparing me to Bud Bundy, so that explains the funny face.

You can view the full size pictures on pages 2 and 3 of my E3 Photobucket album, located at http://photobucket.com/albums/y215/MattYoung/

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']wwe champion john cena def. jbl
Booker T def. kurt angle
rey mysterio def. eddie guerrero
Carlito def. Big Show
WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS MNM def. hardcore holly & charlie haas
U.S. Champion Orlando Jordan def. heidenreich
Cruiserweight Champion Paul London def. Chavo Guerrero

Don't blame me for the punctuation, WWE.com is the culprit, and no Carlito Def. Big Show is not a typo :roll:[/QUOTE]

Was the show any good? People seem to be saying that the main event match was the kind of match they should have had at WM. What was the story with JBL quitting?

I'm blown away that Booker T won; when the hell has he ever "won" a feud, much less with the next guy to go after the title?

Carlito rules; he can kick Show's ass any day (and I'll gladly watch).

myke.
...my favorite 'I Quit' match was WM 11(?) between Bret Hart and Bob Backlund, with Roddy Piper as the guest referee. Backlund never said "I quit," nor did he make any noise into the mic, when Piper called the match. Given WWE's propensity for editing, you think they'd fix that by the time they release it on video.

That had to be the most predictable PPV they've done this year(although WM was very predictable too). Seems like they are not even trying to mix things up, they're just giving the old crap over and over.

The JBL quitting supposedly was that he didn't want to get hit with the metal pipe that Cena had. But I think they cut the match early due to the amount of blood that Cena lost(just look at the photos on wwe.com).

Booker T winning was something of a mix result, think what would happen if Angle won. What would they do if he won? Have him take Sharmell off to a hotel and do the nasty?

[quote name='supermariomelee']Booker T winning was something of a mix result, think what would happen if Angle won. What would they do if he won? Have him take Sharmell off to a hotel and do the nasty?[/QUOTE]

Well, they have been known to recycle storylines...

myke.
...I'm reading a paper from a communications journal that was a content analysis (which is a research method just like it sounds) of televised wrestling. It has statistical proof that ECW was much more violent than WWE or WCW, though they averaged 20 min of wrestling per hour, compared to 11 min 18 sec for WWF and 8 min 45 sec for WCW. Neat-o!

Happy birthday MorPhiend! I wish you an excellent episode of Raw tonight; with the ECW "funeral" and potential clusterfuck of an Edge/Lita promo, it just might be worth watching (like a good car accident).

myke.

Wow, thanks Myke.:D

And I will be recording the middle hour of RAW again. But I will be there Live for the first and last half hour. I look forward to it.

Carlito's mic work is superb. He is very articulate and has a unique voice. That is the main reason I like him. The Cabana shows are good.

*EDIT*

Didn't realize it was your B-day Morph. Feliz Cumpleaños and all that!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Carlito's mic work is superb. He is very articulate and has a unique voice. That is the main reason I like him. The Cabana shows are good.[/QUOTE]

I, for one, had written him off as a budget Razor Ramon initially. I'm pleased to say that he's nothing of the sort.

myke.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']One thing is for sure, he has the best afro this side of Haku/Meng![/QUOTE]Word. Yeah, Carlito is definitely stupidly entertaining, but in a good way.

04002X.JPG

00039X.JPG

00981X.JPG

Wow, it's very hard to not buy those.

I read that Court Bauer (owner/booker of MLW) is on WWE creative now. MLW had good wrestling, and some decent storylines (the Extreme Horsemen versus Terry Funk, for example). I hope this works out.

CM Punk and Colt Cabana are at Raw!!! I hope they get to work!!!

but of course I know better.

myke.

[quote name='Matt Young']No comments on my pics? :(

Also, any downloads of Judgment Day floating around?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't realize that was you. I was thinking wtf is this guy posting a link to Bud Bundy's website for ;)

He fires Matt and then puts this on as the focal point of his show... such a hypocrit :roll:
Ya know, when I'm burning in Hell, after I sodomize and overthrow the Devil, I'm going to shove a 12 inch metal spiked dildo up Vince McMahon's ass, in front of a huge crowd of course. Then we can see how Vince enjoys the unecessary exploitation of an individual for business purposes.

There needs to be an organized online effort to get people at RAW events to stand up and turn their backs on Edge and Lita whenever they are in the ring. For real. Maybe Vance will get the idea. For now, I am just gonna change the channel when that goofass Edge is on.

At least the NBA playoffs are on!

bread's done
Back