Super Bowl XLII

If you expect quality from the half time show then you probably were the guy who expected the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl.

[quote name='tehweezner']i liked the halftime show, some good sounding live music is the best. Prince last year was awesome as well[/QUOTE]

While I'm not a huge Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers fan I will admit that they sounded great during Halftime. That should certainly get a nice spike in sales for sure.

Tom Petty was just fine. A good musician, a good band, with good songs. It was perfectly mundane.

Also, the commercials were boring as all get-out this year. Which was nice. All in all, this year's Super Bowl was entirely about the damned game, which it should be in the first place.

Now let's get on with exposing the cheating patterns of the Patriots for the prior years in this decade. Get on with it, Arlen Specter!

A little bummed since I wanted Seau to get his ring. Can't stand the Pats in general, though, especially Belichick and Brady.

Brady is a good quarterback, but he's so fucking overrated it's unreal.

[quote name='captainfrizo']No matter who won today I wasn't going to like it, at all.

I can't stand the Pats. Belichick is a classless prick that only a Patriots fan could love. Then you have Spygate, their at times arrogant attitude, and the biggest sin of all: beating my Panthers a few years back.

Then you have New York and their quarterback, Eli Manning. The same Eli Manning that pissed and moaned about being drafted #1 by San Diego and essentially had his daddy do all the work for him to land up in New York. I can't respect anyone (or any family) that pulls a prima-donna act like that. For that alone the thought of him having a ring makes me want to vomit. But at least Tiki wasn't there to get the ring.

[/quote]

I'm San Diegan. Took the the words right outta my mouth. Difference is NE took us out of the playoffs twice.

I'd didn't have much expectations for this game when I sat down to watch it, but that was an awesome game.

I'm glad the Patriots lost (as mean as that might sound), but either way it was a very fun game to watch.

Did Eli deserve the MVP? I can't help but think that that's purely the result of a bias on the side of offense, as the Giants' defense has many more players deserving of an MVP title than Manning. Christ, how many times was Brady sacked tonight?

Unbelievable game. Maybe the best of all time as a Giants fan. I'm still in shock. The Giants stepped up and punched them in the mouth... except that weasel Welker. WILL SOMEONE COVER HIM PLEASE!!!

Super Bowl CHAMPS!!!!

Saw something funny a few minutes ago, I'll share.

1202096844383.jpg

some anon made it. not me.

its actually catching on over there.

[quote name='mykevermin']Did Eli deserve the MVP? I can't help but think that that's purely the result of a bias on the side of offense, as the Giants' defense has many more players deserving of an MVP title than Manning. Christ, how many times was Brady sacked tonight?[/quote]

2TDs in the 4th quarter including the game-winning drive will get you the MVP every time. If they could split it up though I agree the defense was definitely the difference. They were up in Brady's kitchen all night - 5 sacks and probably 10 more hits.

[quote name='gokou36']LMAO, ESPN just replayed Brady's comment on Wednesday.[/quote]

I just saw that... so funny and how embarassing for him...except he gets to go home and bang Giesel so I guess even when he loses he wins.

[quote name='javeryh']I just saw that... so funny and how embarassing for him...except he gets to go home and bang Giesel so I guess even when he loses he wins.[/quote]

So true. Lucky bastard. He played terrible tonight though. Maybe he'll have to sleep on the couch.

ZOMG Giants won, i call for a national holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck i still have school tomorow aghhhhhhhhhh.

[quote name='mykevermin']What was his comment?[/quote]

Something along the lines of "He thinks were only going to score 17 points?"

He was referring to Plaxico's prediction earlier in the week which was 23-17 Giants.

[quote name='primetime']ESPN is about ready to crown Plax as the best receiver in the game :roll:[/quote]

I thought Tyree was the better reciever. The one hand helmet catch was unbelievable.. That catch kept the drive alive.

[quote name='nickmad']that was a fucking fluke. f the giants.[/QUOTE]

The humility and good grace shown by people like Plaxico make your sour grapes, and especially Bellichick's sour grapes especially amusing.

[quote name='spamfree2']I thought Tyrese was the better reciever. The one hand helmet catch was unbelievable.. That catch kept the drive alive.[/quote]

Tyree? Plax is probably the best reciever the giants have, but he's definetly not the best in the NFL.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Tyree? Plax is probably the best reciever the giants have, but he's definetly not the best in the NFL.[/quote]

Fixed... NY isn't my team :).. Ok.. they are my team tonight

What was up with the Giants stealing the dead ball from the Patriots when they were on the ground in the 1st half? Pats clearly had possession & the replay showed it clearly multiple times Giants stealing the ball. And why the hell did Belichik go for it on 4th & 13 instead of kicking a field goal in the 1st half?

Another thing, the Giants only caught one of their longest passes in a drive for a TD by slamming the Pats defensive player in the face mask. Also to blame is the Pats offensive line for giving Brady no protection. Oh well, Giants got lucky. 18-1 is still more impressive than a 1 game win. And we have next year to look forward to where Pats will be even better.

[quote name='mykevermin']The humility and good grace shown by people like Plaxico make your sour grapes, and especially Bellichick's sour grapes especially amusing.[/QUOTE]

eat my ass. people are allowed to get emotional. if you live anywhere in NE you would feel the same.

[quote name='nickmad']eat my ass. people are allowed to get emotional. if you live anywhere in NE you would feel the same.[/quote]

NE takes sports too seriously. Chill.

[quote name='J7.']What was up with the Giants stealing the dead ball from the Patriots when they were on the ground in the 1st half? Pats clearly had possession & the replay showed it clearly multiple times Giants stealing the ball. And why the hell did Belichik go for it on 4th & 13 instead of kicking a field goal in the 1st half?

Another thing, the Giants only caught one of their longest passes in a drive for a TD by slamming the Pats defensive player in the face mask. Also to blame is the Pats offensive line for giving Brady no protection. Oh well, Giants got lucky. 18-1 is still more impressive than a 1 game win. And we have next year to look forward to where Pats will be even better.[/quote]

:roll:

[quote name='J7.']What was up with the Giants stealing the dead ball from the Patriots when they were on the ground in the 1st half? Pats clearly had possession & the replay showed it clearly multiple times Giants stealing the ball. And why the hell did Belichik go for it on 4th & 13 instead of kicking a field goal in the 1st half?

Another thing, the Giants only caught one of their longest passes in a drive for a TD by slamming the Pats defensive player in the face mask. Also to blame is the Pats offensive line for giving Brady no protection. Oh well, Giants got lucky. 18-1 is still more impressive than a 1 game win. And we have next year to look forward to where Pats will be even better.[/quote]

being someone who hates both teams, you really just need to suck it up and admit you lost. Don't try to make excuses. Some calls went for the giants, some went for the Pats. Prob 9 out of 10 games Pats would have won, but the Giants out played them this one time.

They arent going to sign Moss again. So they will not be better next year. Just be happy with the 3 championships you have already, don't know how long they will possibly last.

[quote name='nickmad']eat my ass. people are allowed to get emotional. if you live anywhere in NE you would feel the same.[/quote]

At least the better team won today

:rofl:

[quote name='J7.']. And we have next year to look forward to where Pats will be even better.[/QUOTE]

seems like Pats fan has been saying that for the last 3 years

[quote name='primetime']I was wondering when Pats fans were going to start blaming the refs.[/quote]
It's beyond no doubt that the Pats had possession of that ball & the Giants stole the dead ball. How is that blaming the refs? Yes the refs should've seen that, but the Pats player who had it stolen from him should've done something like tell his team to throw a flag and have the call checked. Of course I expect people to hate on Pats fans because they're jealous of Pats in general. Pats, Red Sox, Celtics. New England.

Eli impressed me today, this certainly won't be his only superbowl win. The Giants defense played great. Tom Brady was off, from the start of the game to the end, he just couldn't get it done, and his O-Line was doing a bad job of protecting him. I was rooting for the Patriots, but congratulations to the Giants.

All of us (the large group I was in) here in Central Illinois were cheering for the Giants even though we are mostly Bears fans, with a few Packer fans thrown in the mix. Congratulations to the underdogs.

Maybe Bellicheck should stop cutting the sleeves off of his sweatshirts...

Also, who would have ever thought Tom Coughlin would be the "warm and fuzzy" coach in a game?

[quote name='usickenme']seems like Pats fan has been saying that for the last 3 years[/quote]
And they've improved each year...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']being someone who hates both teams, you really just need to suck it up and admit you lost. Don't try to make excuses. Some calls went for the giants, some went for the Pats. Prob 9 out of 10 games Pats would have won, but the Giants out played them this one time.

They arent going to sign Moss again. So they will not be better next year. Just be happy with the 3 championships you have already, don't know how long they will possibly last.[/quote]
I did admit Pats lost, but I'm pointing out some stuff that was complete BS. I'm not going to just ignore it when it was so ridiculous & any of those incidents decided the game. There were no examples like the ones I mentioned that went in favor of the Pats.

Another thing, the Giants only caught one of their longest passes in a drive for a TD by slamming the Pats defensive player in the face mask. Also to blame is the Pats offensive line for giving Brady no protection. Oh well, Giants got lucky. 18-1 is still more impressive than a 1 game win. And we have next year to look forward to where Pats will be even better.[/QUOTE]

You don't watch football much do you? Stealing balls happens ALL the time, what matters is who comes up with the ball after the refs pull the players out. Also that long pass didn't result in a TD.

bread's done
Back