Super Fighter Thread 9x Turbo Final Edition! (Fighter Thread 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
anyone up again for putting together an online CAG tourney via MAME or Xbox Live? we got alot of good play doing that, and I think everyone would enjoy it. I say we need to get everyone back into the fighting mood.[/QUOTE]

hells yeah! this is exactly what i need to get back into the scene.

[quote name='gigan54']hells yeah! this is exactly what i need to get back into the scene.[/QUOTE]

the only difference this time is no VGM. We need another bastard to ruffle everyone's feathers here.

We should prob take vote on the game, then someone upload all necessary stuff, and have a go at it. I'm game (fianlly have dsl, so I am able to join now).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the only difference this time is no VGM. We need another bastard to ruffle everyone's feathers here.

We should prob take vote on the game, then someone upload all necessary stuff, and have a go at it. I'm game (fianlly have dsl, so I am able to join now).[/QUOTE]

the game wouldn't matter because I would DESTROY YOU regardless. send whatever you've got on me, it doesn't matter. you wanna use rolento's pussy little baton on me? bah, go ahead! you can try all you want, but you ain't gonna beat me! I'll spank you like a red-headed step-child!

WEEZY BITCH!! [/vgm rant mode]

;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']... there is a tag system in the new SFA3... so you got your dream...

I love the sig by the by! Is that Billy Kane sprite the new KoF2003 version of him? He looks damn badass! I can tell his design was based off a design Falcoon did...[/QUOTE]

Is the tag mode for SFA3 in PS2 or PSP version? I thought the PS2 version was gonna be a straight arcade port?

The Billy Kane sprite is from 2K3. Billy's jacket was taken from FF: Wild Ambition. I kinda miss the Billy's overalls look from KOF 95. I was gonna use it but figured it'd probably have an older look than the other sprites.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Is the tag mode for SFA3 in PS2 or PSP version? I thought the PS2 version was gonna be a straight arcade port?
.[/QUOTE]

Its only in the PSP version. PSP version has a new tag system in addition to the new 3 on 3 KoF style battles. Then you've got Eagle, Maki, Yun, and Ingrid on top of that, this time with storylines and nobody is missing frames of animation like the GBA one.

I honestly can't wait, this is one of the main reasons I bought my PSP since SFA 3 is by far my favorite Street Fighter title of all time.

And from what I've read, that adhesive dpad is a joke... it makes the PSP too big to fit inside the cases made for it, and the adhesive apparently dosen't last too long and the dpad will stop sticking to the PSP. It also leaves behind a nasty film.

[quote name='Roufuss']

And from what I've read, that adhesive dpad is a joke... it makes the PSP too big to fit inside the cases made for it, and the adhesive apparently dosen't last too long and the dpad will stop sticking to the PSP. It also leaves behind a nasty film.[/QUOTE]
Thats true but while it lasts its nice.

actually, the arcade version of SFA3 DOES have a tag mode, but in order to access it, you have to hold down certain buttons to activate it.

[quote name='gigan54']actually, the arcade version of SFA3 DOES have a tag mode, but in order to access it, you have to hold down certain buttons to activate it.[/QUOTE]

??? Divulge further please :)

- So are we genna have a CAG throwdown fighting match? Is everyone up for it? aye? hello?

nice vgm rant gigan... watch, it you might get banned now! jk

i'm down for a match right now if you want to rolento. MAME of course. ;)

oh and tag mode code taken frmo gamefaqs:

Dramatic Mode

Hold all 3 kick buttons, insert coins, press start, and then let go of the buttons. Select a character and you will be paired with a CPU partner. If you want a friend to play to, start only ONE Dramatic Mode game, then have your friend join in.

Actually I was reading some info in the SFA Collection and it said all of the games will have a 2 on 1 tag team mode, like in SFA3 for Dreamcast. I know the first SFA had one, but from what I remeber it was just Ryu & Ken vs Bision.

[quote name='gigan54']actually, the arcade version of SFA3 DOES have a tag mode, but in order to access it, you have to hold down certain buttons to activate it.[/QUOTE]

dumbass me accidently deleted my mame emulator... grrr...

if you can post me a linkaroony that would be great (forgot which version of mame needed... 64 something...?).

I can't totally play right now, but later today or this week would be fine... i'm studying for my Computer Fundamentals test tmmrw... it's all binary and curcuitry.. *barf*

http://anti3d.com/downloads.php

scroll to the bottom, it should be there

rolento: haha sounds like you're studying to be a computer technician. I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding the fundamentals of electronics myself ( i can't tell the difference between a series-parallel and a complex circuit) but with time and studying, i'm sure i'll get it.

[quote name='gigan54']http://anti3d.com/downloads.php

scroll to the bottom, it should be there

rolento: haha sounds like you're studying to be a computer technician. I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding the fundamentals of electronics myself ( i can't tell the difference between a series-parallel and a complex circuit) but with time and studying, i'm sure i'll get it.[/QUOTE]

awsome. thx much!

actually I hate computer stuff, but computer science is my degree... :lol: it's a bit ironic, but I need it for what I plan on doing down the road: work with the art industry and pull it in to work with the gaming/software industry... kinda odd for a guy who loves his fighters as much as Rez and Electroplankton :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']awsome. thx much!

actually I hate computer stuff, but computer science is my degree... :lol: it's a bit ironic, but I need it for what I plan on doing down the road: work with the art industry and pull it in to work with the gaming/software industry... kinda odd for a guy who loves his fighters as much as Rez and Electroplankton :lol:[/QUOTE]

maybe you can incorporate the 2 into 1, sorta like super puzzle fighter. i dont know, i'm just throwing ideas your way (and terrible ones at that).

[quote name='gigan54']maybe you can incorporate the 2 into 1, sorta like super puzzle fighter. i dont know, i'm just throwing ideas your way (and terrible ones at that).[/QUOTE]

any ideas are welcome... i've got some art games under my belt already, so i'm doing decently well ATN with it...

as for online fighting, I'll prob be on l8r tonight, but no guarantees. I'll prob post here to notify u if I'm on or not, and anyone else who wants to join in... most likely either MvC1 or SFA3...

sorry dude, but i've got classes tuesday and thursday nights. is tomorrow good?

I've got all night tomorrow. and either of the 2 games is ok with me.

[quote name='gigan54']sorry dude, but i've got classes tuesday and thursday nights. is tomorrow good?

I've got all night tomorrow. and either of the 2 games is ok with me.[/QUOTE]

lol I'm gone all day tommorow... maybe let's just pull something tgther for this weekend for all CAGS maybe like a firday or saturday thing...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol I'm gone all day tommorow... maybe let's just pull something tgther for this weekend for all CAGS maybe like a firday or saturday thing...[/QUOTE]

late saturday sounds good. and maybe a bi weekly tourney can be scheduled? it would be great if we can host videos of the fights, but I dont' know how to do that.

[quote name='gigan54']late saturday sounds good. and maybe a bi weekly tourney can be scheduled? it would be great if we can host videos of the fights, but I dont' know how to do that.[/QUOTE]

hmm need some video captureing tools or smthing.. dont know either...

sounds like a plan.

can't find any video capturing programs for mame, so let's just forget about it.

apokalipze, I would play some guilty gear with you (even though I suck at it) if I only had an Xbox. I didn't like the box before, but with all of the great fighters in it's library, I might have to go pick one up soon.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Any cags here play 3rd strike or GUilty gear on xbox live? Looking for new peeps to play.[/QUOTE]

I got Guilty Gear X2, and always welcome a challange. Currently looking for a copy of SF AC, can't find it at any of my local stores.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Any cags here play 3rd strike or GUilty gear on xbox live? Looking for new peeps to play.[/QUOTE]
I got both. But I suck. So if you want to play me, prepare to win...

About the tourny - saturday sounds good, but can it be evening? I'm busy until 5-ish.

I have these Live games if anyone isn't so great at fighters and wants some competition:

Fighters:
Street Fighter 3: 3S
Hyper Street Fighter 2
Capcom Fighting Evolution
Capcom vs SNK 2
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
Dead or Alive Ultimate

Non-Fighters:
Halo 2
Far Cry Instincts
ESPN NFL 2K5
Project Gotham 2
Burnout 3
Outrun 2

I play both, my gt is Kuma79

Gah, I'd be down for this tournament but I'm traveling next weekend. I'll have to fight some of you CAGs in SOMETHING soon. I think the only CAG I've played anything against was Scorch, and he's not even one of the fighting thread regulars (and it was only 1 match).

I played SFA3 on Kaillera a couple weeks ago, for the first time in a while. It felt very refreshing! The only annoying thing was that the winner (which was the other guy 99% of the time) has to keep the same character every time. So the session just boiled down to me losing to Ken over and over again. It really got me thinking about how cool a version on LIVE would be, with a true "versus mode" available.

Would anyone happen to be going to 8 On The Break on the 18th? I'll be taking a mini-roadtrip there. Ooh, and this time I've got a DS... should be a blast!

[quote name='MarkMan']If anyone wants to battle in Tekken 3 online... let me know :)[/QUOTE]

Tekken 3...online? You have my attention.

I haven't updated my MAME in a while... have they got Tekken 3 running at a decent level? Last time I updated MAME they still hadn't got any of the 3D games close to full speed.

Unless, MarkMan, you were referring to ePSXe with Kaillera? I haven't tried many games on that yet (only MK Trilogy).

Btw I just wanted to point out that the pad that comes with alpha 3 for the psp sucks. I just received it and it's difficult to even jump forward. Not worth the extra 9 bucks I paid:bomb:

For the record, SFA 3 on the PSP is phenomenal.
Controls are spot on (as much as they can be with four face buttons), definitely a step up from Darkstalkers.
Totally worth losing the homebrew for (runs on 2.5 or higher).

[quote name='Kuma']really? 2.5? [/QUOTE]

Yes, really. 2.5 update is on the disk.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I thought 2.5 was already hacked? Not that I have a PSP anyway.[/QUOTE]

It has. But it doesn't run everything and you need GTA:LCS to make it work.

IMO the controls on SFA3 are fine, just need to get used to them. No need for the dpad add on. In fact I'd rather do the dpad hack thingy because I can't stand putting that lil sticky thing on it.

Darkside Hazuki, your sigs are awsome!!!

EDIT - Heard a PSP version of Tekken will come out. I'm wanting a PSP more and more.

The Dpad add on is pretty good once you use it. They made the game easier to control then Darkstalkers though so its not really needed. And it does make you psp all sticky so its just poorly designed. Great port though, i been telling you guys for a week when i had the import..

Hmm...dunno. We also have to decide on what game.

10 EST is fine, but I'd rather have it earlier, before the South Park marathon on Comedy Central starts :lol:

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Hmm...dunno. We also have to decide on what game.

10 EST is fine, but I'd rather have it earlier, before the South Park marathon on Comedy Central starts :lol:[/QUOTE]

that south park marathon sounds tempting, but i need my fighting game fix! we could start it a bit sooner if we've got enough people online. i guess we should vote for a game to play

and the nominees are:

street fighter alpha 3
marvel vs. capcom
super street fighter 2 turbo
king of fighters 98
king of fighters 2002
the last blade 2

I would like to play either SFA3 or KOF2002

... hmm lol sadly i think I might not be able to play this weekend... my sisters wanted to hang out and conceptualize some art... it's up in the air ATM, so we'll see...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']... hmm lol sadly i think I might not be able to play this weekend... my sisters wanted to hang out and conceptualize some art... it's up in the air ATM, so we'll see...[/QUOTE]

I'll be up and visiting CAG until possibly 2-3 EST.

if youre around at that time, and have a hankering for a match, feel free to PM me.

I remember our previous match when you had dial-up and even thought that you had a decent rolento with all the lag. I look forward to destroying you with my gief (the POWAH!!!! too strong 4 U) ;)

[quote name='gigan54']I'll be up and visiting CAG until possibly 2-3 EST.

if youre around at that time, and have a hankering for a match, feel free to PM me.

I remember our previous match when you had dial-up and even thought that you had a decent rolento with all the lag. I look forward to destroying you with my gief (the POWAH!!!! too strong 4 U) ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can setup something in the next few mins... i just gotta set my buttons and reinstall all my crap. I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back