Super Fighter Thread 9x Turbo Final Edition! (Fighter Thread 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much ready to go now (with SFA3 at least).. i just need the link to the server and I'm good to go. hit me up with a PM and I'll try to be on.

and what button is for chat again? "K"?

[quote name='gigan54']that south park marathon sounds tempting, but i need my fighting game fix! we could start it a bit sooner if we've got enough people online. i guess we should vote for a game to play

and the nominees are:

street fighter alpha 3
marvel vs. capcom
super street fighter 2 turbo
king of fighters 98
king of fighters 2002
the last blade 2

I would like to play either SFA3 or KOF2002[/QUOTE]
Errr...I was thinking we'd be playing over Live. I'm too lazy to set up Mame on the internet, not to mention playing fighting games with a keyboard isn't my cup of tea.

[quote name='gigan54']the radioshacks around my area have a converter that allows you to use ps2/ xbox controllers on your computer. it 's fairly similar to this product.

http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?p=psxusb4&Category_code=PSX

I picked one up for $10 abotu 2 years ago and have sworn by it for pc gaming.[/QUOTE]

I got this type off ebay a while ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PORT-USB-ADAP...258585669QQcategoryZ41059QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I orderd 3 of them for all under $8 with shipping off ebay.. 2 of them were used for art shows while I use one for my own personal use. The nice thing about it is that it has dual ports, but the second port dosn't work with all applications... but most programs support it (works great with NeoRagex!). Also, at the ar show they were used at, they took a ton of abuse and still work perfectly.

As a side note, anyone have tips for playing K' in Neo Geo battle coleseum? I'm mainly trying to work on him so I can play better at my campus... also need to work on Hoamaru...

The information was going around last year about Tekken on PSP, Famitsu finally reported that Namco has said they intend on releasing one this year. Great news.

Now let's hope for more fighters on PSP!

Everyone do the d-pad fix!

[quote name='gigan54']sorry, i don't play with k' much. I'd much ratherhave rock on my tea in NGBC.

oh, and good games last night rolento ;)[/QUOTE]

yeah, good games last night! that double K.O. came outa nowhere...

I'm happy to hear Tekken comming to the PSP! I wanted it since launch of the PSP, and rumors kept bothering me... Yay! I just hope the d-pad is responsive enough with the game.

[quote name='evanft']Needs more DR on PS2 for $20.[/QUOTE]

double dippinlgy agreed... if anyone wants some SFA3 action on mame, lmk. just pm me or AIM me at relentlesrolento

we have a tourney tonight. seems like alpha 3 will be the game of choice. of course, we can always play something different if you'd like.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']right click the game you want to play online and choose the network option... hope that helps[/QUOTE]
Yeah. But it won't connect to anything. It says 'connecting' and just sits there.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Yeah. But it won't connect to anything. It says 'connecting' and just sits there.[/QUOTE]

does the same for me, but it works when i just keep trying to reconnect randomly on different servers... if it's trying to connect longer than 1 second, then unconnect from it and try again. just keep doing it till itchanges to the server screen.

k, sounds good cuz I need to turn my computer off and on again (been on too long). just give the heads up on the official start time. Also, if I lag, it's cuz everyone in my house is busy using different computers on one connection >_

the one i listed is full. it'll be hard getting in. and i'm having a hard time logging in to any of the other servers, so i guess it's the only choice as of right now.

82.165.178.145:27888

I hope FotN will get a PS2 release in Japan. that'll make me get another set of Swap Discs. I'm already considering them for Guilty Gear Slash...unless Majesco has the cash to bring it over, since Sega refuses to for some reason...

ahhhh FOTN im hoping for a stateside release

and that Kyo figure is cool, im gonna have my friend check his store for them

I liked Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution alot, the new one should be even better...

I'm trying to figure out the name of an old arcade fighting game I played only a handful of times and liked. I think it was out around the time that the TMNT: The Arcade Game was out and possibly around the time the first MK Arcade game was out.

At the moment, the only thing I can remember about it is a stage that was based off a wrestling arena and the match was fought in a ring. I think I may have used to play as a wrestling character as well. I'm wanting to say that the title of the game had either the words "world" or "warriors" in it. I did a Google image search and I thought this it could have been a Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting game.

The game is so vague to me at the moment, and I'd like to figure out what the name of it is. It is really starting to bug me.

*edit*
I'm also thinking that there was an old man character that had huge hands/feet or something like that, and another stage that is outside which has a big tree on the left side of it. Possibly a night stage with rain and/or lightning. I could be mixing two games together though, so if my original description rings a bell for you, just ignore this one.

i think the game you played was an incarnation of world heroes. and the character you described sounds sorta like rasputin from the same game.

[quote name='Kuma']no, and i BELIEVE, and i could be wrong here but it is because it was made by Data East[/QUOTE]

Data East is/was a subsidiary of SNK as far as I know...

I wanna say there's some World Warriors chars in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, but I can't think of who.... some names would help!

[quote name='Gameboy415']I wanna say there's some World Warriors chars in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, but I can't think of who.... some names would help![/QUOTE]

Hanzo, Fuma, Mudman and Neo Dio.

I love this picture of Billy Kane from KOF Max Impact:

billy.jpg

The game is looking "nice", but will it play "nice"? Here's a link to some recent pics if you're intrested:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0602/game060212b.shtml

Those shots for VF5 look awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on it. That and MGS4 are the main reasons I would pick up a PS3.

Anyone know how this next generation of fighting games will shake out?? If Sony has a good online service, VF, Tekken, and Soul Calibur, it might be the system of choice for fighters. Microsoft has Xbox Live, DOA, Samurai Shodown, and ummm...The wild card will be the Revolution. We'll see what games will really be online enabled. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out would be phenomenal if it's online enabled.

Well, what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back