Super Mario Galaxy - Gen. Discussion & Info.

[quote name='lilboo']Actually Wanker is the maiden name of the lovely woman who you see in my avatar :D

I have this pre-ordered at Amazon. I sure hope this ships tomorrow..as I'll get it on Tuesday :)[/quote]

But.. But.. TRU! You get a free $25 GC.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']But.. But.. TRU! You get a free $25 GC.[/QUOTE]

True.
But I got it for free via Points2Shop. It was free AND overnight delivery. I'm happy with that :)

Points2Shop ftw. I'm hesitating getting it from there though. Hopefully a kind CAG can get it for me since nearest TRU is 2 hours away. Or, I heard that Circuit City is selling it too for $35 on BF. Pondering whether to get RE:UC or MoH: Heroes 2 on Points2Shop. Waiting for that IGN/Gamestop review.

I got the awesome Gamestop preorder phone call from Mario himself tonight. It was on our answering machine. My 4 year-old came running up to me when I got home and said "Mario called us! Mario called us!" and then laughed hysterically during the rather lengthy message.

I had this preordered there from the trade 2 deal. Of course, I'm going to go get in on the TRU deal, too, if I can. My son wants a second coin anyway. Then I just have to figure out what to do with the second copy of the game :).

I can't wait for Tuesday. Just preordered it on friday. This will definitely be the direct cause of me failing out of school.

I beat this game last night. I didn't want it to end :( !

But I'm going for 100%! So all is not lost!

241 stars here I come!

[quote name='MarkMan']I beat this game last night. I didn't want it to end :( !

241 stars here I come!
[/quote]

I thought it was
... You have some explaining to do...

[quote name='MarkMan']I beat this game last night. I didn't want it to end :( !

241 stars here I come!
[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of stars.

[quote name='MarioColbert']I thought it was
... You have some explaining to do...[/QUOTE]

After getting 120 stars with Mario, you unlock Luigi's game. There you have to get the 120 stars with him as well if you want the FINAL stage and the 241st Star!

[quote name='io']I got the awesome Gamestop preorder phone call from Mario himself tonight. It was on our answering machine. My 4 year-old came running up to me when I got home and said "Mario called us! Mario called us!" and then laughed hysterically during the rather lengthy message.

I had this preordered there from the trade 2 deal. Of course, I'm going to go get in on the TRU deal, too, if I can. My son wants a second coin anyway. Then I just have to figure out what to do with the second copy of the game :).[/quote]

Io, help us out here, buddy... did the message say to pick it up Monday or Tuesday? I'm still looking for some sort of definitive answer on that, and I figure if GS will have it tommorow, it's guaranteed to be EVERYWHERE tommorow.

My TRU told me that they'd it on Tuesday. Then again, the rep sounded impatient as it was near the end of his working day.

Most shipping companies don't work tomorrow right? So most stores should already have it I'm thinking...

Here's a youtube link to the message I found:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WlXaUs-W1A4

See... that's exactly what we're discussing in the other thread.

All TRU employees seem to be saying Tuesday... but if AT LEAST (no other confirmations yet) Best Buy has them, logic would dictate that everywhere would.

Hell, even if someone found one at Wal-Mart already, we'd be set.

[quote name='MarkMan']
After getting 120 stars with Mario, you unlock Luigi's game. There you have to get the 120 stars with him as well if you want the FINAL stage and the 241st Star!

[quote name='carthitup']Io, help us out here, buddy... did the message say to pick it up Monday or Tuesday? I'm still looking for some sort of definitive answer on that, and I figure if GS will have it tommorow, it's guaranteed to be EVERYWHERE tommorow.[/QUOTE]

My GS is getting them on Tuesday, and I haven't gotten the dreaded phone call confirming my preorder yet so they are probably right.

[quote name='carthitup']Io, help us out here, buddy... did the message say to pick it up Monday or Tuesday? I'm still looking for some sort of definitive answer on that, and I figure if GS will have it tommorow, it's guaranteed to be EVERYWHERE tommorow.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, I just assumed... Of course, it said pick it up tomorrow. And I got this call mid-day on Sunday. I would have assumed every store got these pre-shipped and they all have them, but it doesn't seem like that will be universal. I know I asked at my local Fred Meyer, which is probably below the video game retail food chain than TRU and they said they'd have it Monday at opening, or *possibly* a bit later in the day if it comes UPS. I believe UPS still ships on this "holiday", right? This is one of those postal/govt only holidays as far as I know (I've never gotten it off).

Anyway, I'm getting up around 9 out here on the West Coast and I'll know all the answers by checking CAG at that point. But then I'll still probably call my TRU to make absolutely sure one way or the other. I sure as hell hope they don't hold them till Tues if they have them now, thinking the ad means it won't be available UNTIL then. Tues. is not a good day for me to do anything...

The Youtube video of the answering machine :)lol:) that fdu posted is exactly what I heard too - it simply says "tomorrow". But I got this EARLY on Sunday. Usually I get the calls from Aeris late in the evening the day before a game comes out. It also doesn't specify a time like they usually do (no "after noon" or whatever). Again, all this led me to believe they already have them.

Ugh I guess Amazon ran out of games.. lol they are going to be in stock on November 15th. Which isn't THAT bad. Hopefully mine was in the batch that shipped today :)

I called my TRU this morning where I have it pre-ordered. The guy there said that they do not have any copies yet and that it could be tomorrow since today is a holiday. Then again, he said he wasn't sure since it would most likely be coming RPS or UPS. He said to call back around noon or 1:00 pm just to verify.

So it is looking like tomorrow for TRU at this point. Like the other posters, I just assumed the stores had their copies already and were just sitting on them.

Even now, though, there are people on there who've said they called TRU this morning and were told that 'the game was there, but they can't sell it until tommorow'.

Plus, like I pointed out in the other thread, the pre-order slip has the first expected in-store day as TODAY.

I was unable to pre-order at Toys R Us (tried two stores). At one of the stores they told me they didn't think the stores would be getting copies to fill the pre-orders, let alone walk-in shoppers. Looks like I won't be getting in on that particular deal. :(

(Not that I still won't try tomorrow! ;))

Just got off the phone with TRU:

It's tomorrow, all pre-orders get the golden coin. ALL purchases, whether pre-ordered or not get the $25 Gift Card - the lady was so excited to tell me about it...

[quote name='MarioColbert']Just got off the phone with TRU:

It's tomorrow, all pre-orders get the golden coin. ALL purchases, whether pre-ordered or not get the $25 Gift Card - the lady was so excited to tell me about it...[/quote]

I'm glad about that. I preordered last week but saw nothing about the coin so I was afraid I missed out on it. Normally I wouldn't care but I saw a picture of it in a post and well it looks pretty darn sweet

[quote name='dallow']Since it's not in stores yet.... can I still pre-order it for the coin? :)[/quote]

Not if you're sitting around asking people if you can on a message board. You CAN if you get your ass to the store, and start asking the hard questions. If you have a beard, or just look scary, and preferably smell bad, and yell a lot, there shouldn't be a problem getting the coin out of THEM ARE TOYS people.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Just got off the phone with TRU:

It's tomorrow, all pre-orders get the golden coin. ALL purchases, whether pre-ordered or not get the $25 Gift Card - the lady was so excited to tell me about it...[/quote]

I believe you, but I am going to call again in a little while just to confirm. ;) Glad to hear that pre-orders are going to get the coin, I wasn't even expecting that.

[quote name='lebowsky']I believe you, but I am going to call again in a little while just to confirm. ;) Glad to hear that pre-orders are going to get the coin, I wasn't even expecting that.[/quote]
Dood, I only speak on behalf of TRU in Lewisville, TX (North of Dallas) - so if you're "wondering" - stop wondering and call. It's just lazy not to...

Plus, maybe your TRU has some incompetent manager that's all about selling the game early? That's probably the only time I really love High School Aged People these days - when they fuck the system and I prosper at the cost of their inadequate responsibility. Hell yeah.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Dood, I only speak on behalf of TRU in Lewisville, TX (North of Dallas) - so if you're "wondering" - stop wondering and call. It's just lazy not to...

Plus, maybe your TRU has some incompetent manager that's all about selling the game early? That's probably the only time I really love High School Aged People these days - when they fuck the system and I proster at the cost of their inadequate responsibility. Hell yeah.[/quote]

Yeah, I called - tomorrow on my end as well. Oh well, it will give me time to create a Mario with no hat Mii.

Tomorrow at TRU, sadly. Stopped by Walmart to check and it wasn't there either. Hopefully someone will have it tonight (Best Buy, maybe?). I fully plan on taking the day off tomorrow, but that will further come into question if I can't count on having it very early in the day.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Will TRU be giving out the giftcard all week? Since it's not out today, I'm going to have wait until freakin' Saturday to pick up a copy.[/quote]

You are in luck - the lady at my local TRU did say that the offer lasts until Saturday. I assume she meant "inclusive" but I suggest you call your local one and ask about that deal.

Gamestop on the westcoast is getting them air-shipped today. They said more stores will be getting them in the 'evening'.

Mario also called me at 3:30 PM, 11/11

Called the Fullerton, CA TRU...she said to check back tomorrow. Still debating on what else to buy to use the $10 GC coupon...

EDIT: Didn't see any boxes (I work @ UPS) with "Super Mario Galaxy" stamped on them...did see a few boxes going to a Target and a K-Mart...I can't open them, folks; I'd rather not be fired, y'know. :shame:

Yeah, everyone's sticking to Tuesday it seems. I might call some Wal-Marts around and see if anyone else has it in this evening.

Bummer cause I have to work Tuesday night. If I really can't get it till TRU at 5:00 ish, I won't be playing till Wednesday afternoon

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Gamestop on the westcoast is getting them air-shipped today. They said more stores will be getting them in the 'evening'.

Mario also called me at 3:30 PM, 11/11[/QUOTE]

Just called my Gamestop here on the West Coast at 11:30 AM and they have it now. Ima gonna go get it!

I dunno, maybe because I'm in the Pacific NW and close to NOA?

I really wish I could grab this tonight and take tomorrow off, but I doubt my Toys 'R' Us will be willing to sell it even if they do have it.

I can't think straight! I'm trying to get work done today but I can't stop thinking about Mario Galaxy!! ARGH!!

I do have to say that Nintendo must have known that this was the week of the ELECTRIC LATEX conference AND I have my shit due in Counterpoint tomorrow morning. I'm going to pull an all-nighter tonight for both, and then have the rest of my week to be all about plumbing, italians, and locating all the hidden treasures in the true game of the year, which as you all know is ZACK AND WIKI: THE QUEST FOR BARBAROS' TREASURE.

Can I get a HELL YEAH?

Dammit. I guess I'll go to Target and get the copy I "reserved" in order to get the coin, and then take it back a little later in the week, since I doubt they'll give me a coin at TRU since I didn't officially pre-order it there.

[quote name='MarioColbert']
Can I get a HELL YEAH?[/quote]

[quote name='Strell']Dammit.[/quote]

... Wow, you failed at this thing MISERABLY.

So my son will be born tomorrow which is sort of the release date (according to TRU anyway ;)... I'm seriously considering Mario for the name. And no, not JUST because of this game, as it was on the "list" anyway. But this may push it over the edge.

[quote name='io']So my son will be born tomorrow which is sort of the release date (according to TRU anyway ;)... I'm seriously considering Mario for the name. And no, not JUST because of this game, as it was on the "list" anyway. But this may push it over the edge.[/quote]
DO IT. DO IT. Oh man you should do it. NAME HIM MARIO.

Can I get a HELL YEAH, people?

NM: Kevlar gots it.

[quote name='MarioColbert']... Wow, you failed at this thing MISERABLY.[/QUOTE]

THANKS.

Now it's ALWAYS too late to say "HAYL YEAH" for you, with the inclusion of this post.

I can't even retroactive this bitch.

You've brought the Sierra curse in here.

[quote name='io']So my son will be born tomorrow which is sort of the release date (according to TRU anyway ;)... I'm seriously considering Mario for the name. And no, not JUST because of this game, as it was on the "list" anyway. But this may push it over the edge.[/QUOTE]

Mario is much better that Waluigi.

[quote name='io']So my son will be born tomorrow which is sort of the release date (according to TRU anyway ;)... I'm seriously considering Mario for the name. And no, not JUST because of this game, as it was on the "list" anyway. But this may push it over the edge.[/quote]

You better. It would be a great story.

bread's done
Back