Super Mario Maker discussion (update)The imaginary game that will get me to buy a WiiU - Super Mario Maker

Do you think you will go back and put checkpoints on your old stages? I can think of a few of mine that would benefit from them.
I might add them to a couple of my stages that have low success rates. But overall I don't feel like anything I've made thus far has been "ridiculously" hard, either. But the checkpoint addition is more than welcome and it does inspire me to make more stuff.

Do you think you will go back and put checkpoints on your old stages? I can think of a few of mine that would benefit from them.
Some of my old stages could do with checkpoints, but I'll prefer to keep them the same and not change anything. Once checkpoints appear, I'll be more willing to make my stages slightly longer and make things a bit more difficult near the end of levels.

Good news on the checkpoint thing.

My stages haven't been that hard, but seem to have abysmally low completion rates regardless. Perhaps a checkpoint would help. Seems a lot of people give it one go, and if they don't beat it, they skip and move on.

It's nice that you can go in and see where the majority of the deaths are happening, so proper checkpoint placement should be easy.

The checkpoint update is nice, but I wish you could place more than one.  I have a level I'm building with branching paths, and now I have to decide which is the harder one to put the checkpoint in.

The event levels are pretty cool though, offers as another source of advertising for them for their other IPs, mutually beneficial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to update courses you've already uploaded?

Good news on the checkpoint thing.

My stages haven't been that hard, but seem to have abysmally low completion rates regardless. Perhaps a checkpoint would help. Seems a lot of people give it one go, and if they don't beat it, they skip and move on.

It's nice that you can go in and see where the majority of the deaths are happening, so proper checkpoint placement should be easy.
is there a way to put in checkpoints (or edit anything for that matter) if you've already uploaded the course for others to play?

Seems a lot of people give it one go, and if they don't beat it, they skip and move on.
I'm thinking I'll put the words "with checkpoint" in the stage title to see if it makes people stick with it until they get to the checkpoint. And then they will be obligated to finish the stage since they're already invested.

Hopefully some of the Hard 100-Mario stages will have them because I would like to complete that someday :lol:

Made 2 levels using new Checkpoints.

Bowser's Fortress - 4966-0000-00D8-CA49
A straightforward fortress level.

Nikki's Long Day - 5F59-0000-00D8-066D
Made mainly because I never see anyone use Nikki's costume.

I just got the game and made a level. Its very basic but I feel also challenging. I'm not a developer so don't expect grand shit. I just have two packages of items to work with.

Lakitu Love D555-0000-00E3-E5FF

I'll give a $5 amazon card to the first person to beat it and record it.

About to go through and play some of the levels posted here!

Here's a couple more of mine:

Escape From King Koopa's Cavern!
596E-0000-00AF-C43B

use the thing
EC51-0000-00EE-3464

Super Wario Bros 1-1/1-2
865F-0000-00DA-C5C0

I just got the game and made a level. Its very basic but I feel also challenging. I'm not a developer so don't expect grand shit. I just have two packages of items to work with.

Didn't record but I beat it and starred/commented.

I hate lakitu!

Went through a bunch and left some stars/comments. I'll probably hit a few more tomorrow. Saw some clever stuff, good work fellow makers :D

Can't wait for the website update in December to allow for ease of searching and queueing, one step closer to avoiding the sixteen digit code punches.

Didn't record but I beat it and starred/commented.
I hate lakitu!
Went through a bunch and left some stars/comments. I'll probably hit a few more tomorrow. Saw some clever stuff, good work fellow makers :D

I saw, you're the only I one to beat it out of 32 people. I'll get your gift card later. I have to ask how long did it take you.

Nintendo is launching the Web portal on 12/22 and is adding some new stuff to the game to celebrate. P-Switches in NSMB mode actually have the look from that game instead of the question switch. Also, shake doors to make them P-Doors which require a P-Switch to activate. Shake Grinders to make them bouncy doughnuts. Finally, shake the Koopa Clown Car to make it a Fire Clown Car. Normal shots are just straight fireballs, but you can charge for a bigger fireball that destroys blocks. No word on whether enemies can fire too.

They'll also add the first to clear / fastest time records for uploaded courses as an extra incentive to try out new courses and replay the popular ones.

Part Five: The Final? 2.0

87F5-0000-011D-BBCA

So I originally made a small level with the first set of items. As I unlocked new sets, I added onto the previous level. 

I only have one friend with the game and he never plays the damn thing so I'd like some feedback.

1.0 was up and never beaten. I don't know what makes a level disappear but 1.0 is gone so I don't know it's finally stats.

The level has amiibo mushrooms and I feel the make the level a bit too easy. I can get Isabelle (the first amiibo) to the part with the spikes and fire and thomp but haven't passed that with her. I have played the level so many times I don't know how hard the level is anymore. I even added a check point.

I was trying for a hard but fun level? I'm not sure if it is anymore and any suggestions would be awesome.

I'll play a lot of the levels everyone has been posting too.

It was a fun level. You should make it longer. It was like Plinko only with death.

It was a fun level. You should make it longer. It was like Plinko only with death.
How in the holy fuck did you beat it in less than 10 seconds?

Also, I just made that level using the most basic items available to me. I will make a longer one when I unlock everything.

I miss Mario Maker. No internet/wi-fi in my house at the moment (I'm between providers and probably won't start a new service till February) so I can't download or upload anything. I have a couple stages waiting to be uploaded, but it's not the same when you don't have the motivation to get something posted for people to play.

Been making a few levels based on YouTube channels I like.

GameXplain Discussion - ID: 26EB-0000-0115-B612
A new trailer has arrived, so it's time for a discussion with Andre, Derrick, and Ash!

And We're the Game Grumps! - ID: D033-0000-0133-3C4A
Each Grump gets their own room. Including Suzy and Kevin.

Do you like birbs? - ID: AC50-0000-0133-ED9A
Based off of Commander Holly, you have to try and rescue her birbs from capture!

Capture Comicron One - ID: AC80-0000-0133-FB48
Based on Atop the Fourth Wall, Linkalcon infiltrates Comicron One to defeat his major enemies.

bread's done
Back