Super Meat Boy 800Msp until sometime in november

i unlocked the kid last night. that was probably one of the hardest achievement's i've gotten. felt so great to finish that level. 100% here we come!

[quote name='Izod517']I doubt you'll see that. 560 maybe but not 400.[/QUOTE]

600 is more likely, seems like they did away with the 560 price and replaced it with 600.

[quote name='mang9432']i unlocked the kid last night. that was probably one of the hardest achievement's i've gotten. felt so great to finish that level. 100% here we come![/QUOTE]

I felt relieved just to beat the final boss in the light world lol

I don't like hard games, especially hard 2D platformers.
I didn't even get halfway through N+.
I'm still struggling with New Super Mario Bros Wii.
I beat Super Meat Boy.
Some of the levels are incredibly difficult but doable.
The game entices you to play just one more level.
Then you cannot stop until you beat that level.

It is called "I wanna be the guy" (free - kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/) and it is a pretty challenging platformer indeed - favorite level: the computer is "playing" tetris and you have to avoid all of the blocks, climb up the blocks that have been laid down to get to the exit of that level.

I've been thoroughly enjoying super meat boy as well.

[quote name='Pck21']Picked it up after playing the demo. Reminds me of a weird indie game called "I Wanna Be The Boshy" that is played by some German kid on JTV. Difficult as all hell, but rewarding in the end.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sonicradiation']It is called "I wanna be the guy" (free - kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/) and it is a pretty challenging platformer indeed - favorite level: the computer is "playing" tetris and you have to avoid all of the blocks, climb up the blocks that have been laid down to get to the exit of that level.

I've been thoroughly enjoying super meat boy as well.[/QUOTE]

That's from IWBTG? lol I always thought it was just some guy trying to make a artistic and creative video!

Man, I wish I had a X360 to play this. So tempted to buy a X360 just to join in the madness!

What's the chance this thing would come out on the psp? It'd be so FREAKEN SWEET!!!

[quote name='Asgardian']Man, I wish I had a X360 to play this. So tempted to buy a X360 just to join in the madness!

What's the chance this thing would come out on the psp? It'd be so FREAKEN SWEET!!![/QUOTE]

It will come out on Steam. The PC version should have an exclusive level editor :hot:

[quote name='Asgardian']Man, I wish I had a X360 to play this. So tempted to buy a X360 just to join in the madness!

What's the chance this thing would come out on the psp? It'd be so FREAKEN SWEET!!![/QUOTE]
"Crazy Ass Game Collector" o_O

How can you be a crazy ass Game Collector without having a 360?!
(Super Meatboy on PSP would be pretty awesome.)

Last night was probably one of the most exhilarating moments i've had gaming in the past few years.

I got hit with the save bug twice in a row on this level (5-11x), so i had to run through it 3 separate times and get the bandage. Needless to say, I got pretty good and by the time i finished it and it saved, I put up a top 50 global time. I was chatting with a friend of mine at the time, and it quickly became apparent to both of us that The Kid was the character we needed to use to get higher on the leaderboards. I put up the #9 score, and shortly after, he tied the #1 time. 7.41 sec. He said to me, if you just get a little closer to the saws you can make up a few ms. My next run I did that exactly, and put up 7.39, putting me at #1 (really #4, but there are 3 0.00 sec times which are either cheaters or glitches on there) I fucking love this game.

scaled.php

[quote name='Japakneez']It will come out on Steam. The PC version should have an exclusive level editor :hot:[/QUOTE]
True. But it won't have Teh Internets, with its exclusive bonus chapters. And since the level design is kind of the star of Super Meat Boy, I'd frankly rather have more developer-created content than a whole bunch of user-created stuff.

Don't get me wrong: Level editors are a wonderful thing, and I'm all for openness and user-generated fun. But in this case, Teh Internets excites me more.

[quote name='mokmoof']True. But it won't have Teh Internets, with its exclusive bonus chapters. And since the level design is kind of the star of Super Meat Boy, I'd frankly rather have more developer-created content than a whole bunch of user-created stuff.

Don't get me wrong: Level editors are a wonderful thing, and I'm all for openness and user-generated fun. But in this case, Teh Internets excites me more.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably get both. Btw its funny to me that some want developer made levels of Teh Internets rather than levels actually made by Teh Internets :lol:

If i can make bosses then the steam version would be pretty cool

[quote name='Pck21']Picked it up after playing the demo. Reminds me of a weird indie game called "I Wanna Be The Boshy" that is played by some German kid on JTV. Difficult as all hell, but rewarding in the end.[/QUOTE]
Yeah IWBTB was played by Michael_1985 on JTV. Supposedly the game is a tribute to IWBTG. I truly can't say which is harder though.

[quote name='Master Troll']Yeah IWBTB was played by Michael_1985 on JTV. Supposedly the game is a tribute to IWBTG. I truly can't say which is harder though.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. IWBTG is obviously harder. In SMB you can actually see what is coming. In IWBTG it's trial and error period. You can't advance without knowing that an apple will fall from a tree or that a specific spike in the wall is what you'll have to shoot to turn into a platform. It's pure masochism.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Yes you can. IWBTG is obviously harder. In SMB you can actually see what is coming. In IWBTG it's trial and error period. You can't advance without knowing that an apple will fall from a tree or that a specific spike in the wall is what you'll have to shoot to turn into a platform. It's pure masochism.[/QUOTE]
Or to put it another way: Super Meat Boy is too well-designed to be as hard as I Wanna Be The Guy.

bread's done
Back