Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='crystalklear64']lol, this kinda sucks then. Just sitting at the menu with no way to start it. Time to see if I can steal some batteries from something.[/quote]
Hehe, been there.

I'm going to go back and play Kirby Superstar just so that I can kill every single Waddle Dee I find. You can't block my Grand Viper when you're DEAD, bitch!

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm going to go back and play Kirby Superstar just so that I can kill every single Waddle Dee I find. You can't block my Grand Viper when you're DEAD, bitch![/quote]...That's not nice.

I wish I was able to go to that Carson City tournament next week, but I have work on Sunday evening, and a long-ass drive back from Nevada doesn't seem like it'd be time-efficient, especially with one of my friends and his love of sleeping until noon.

Daisy+Friend+Mush

I'm gonna do my tourney matches now, but I'm gonna play some more afterwards if ya'll are still willing. Nice to finally have a non-laggy match with 4 people.

[quote name='crystalklear64']
The "real" Daisy must be Shiek ;)[/quote]
No, I'm best with Link. Shiek/Zelda was my brother. I wanted him to see how good you are with Ike and Marth but you just kept picking Bowser :lol:

[quote name='crystalklear64']Daisy+Friend+Mush

I'm gonna do my tourney matches now, but I'm gonna play some more afterwards if ya'll are still willing. Nice to finally have a non-laggy match with 4 people.[/quote]
So that's why. Well we had fun.

Except Mush???! That was incredibly boring. What were you trying to do?

I'm practicing with Mario right now. He pales in comparison to Dr. Mario from Melee, but I've already gotten used to his range in Brawl, or lack thereof.

One nice thing I learned however, is that Mario is a fantastic counter-pick to a handful of characters, like Ike, the Earthbound kids, GDorf, and Captain Falcon. Why, one may ask? The FLUDD. That thing just wrecks them.

I can't play with Mario near as well as I could with him/Dr.Mario in Melee.

I really miss his down A air kick. As much as I like the spinning attack, it was a nice to pair the two together.

I just wish his attacks had the range they did in Melee. I tried to grab someone, in what I thought was "normal" grab range, and I missed. Then I went and looked at how much range it has, and I think it's actually negative range. He doesn't even try to extend his arms, he just kinda...hugs himself.

Just got back from GameStop's round three tourney. Nine people showed up. Default rosters (so I couldn't bust out the Captain), items on their default settings, five minutes, Battlefield. I debated between Wario, Olimar, and Zero Suit Samus. I almost went with Wario, since if I were to get a smash ball as ZSS, I'd change back into Samus, and I'm just not as good with her as I was in Melee. After a bit of pondering, I decided to go with Zero Suit.

Round one, I'm up against a Donkey Kong user. Yes, a Donkey Kong user. He's good, too. He got a ton of good luck with items as well. Two smash balls, a hammer, and a poison mushroom falling right on top of me. I managed to grab a smash ball and KO'd him with it, changing me into Samus. He has a poison mushroom fall on him, and I managed to spike the hell out of him while he was jumping away to avoid me. I wind up winning by one KO.

Next round is the semifinals, and I'm up against a Pit user. After a slow start by me, I manage to gain some ground. The game eventually goes even. I get a smash ball, and blow it at a bad time... and it would have KO'd him. I should have baited him into a roll and used it. With about ten seconds left, I'm still Samus and have Pit running for his life. He's at a high percentage and just waiting to be KO'd. He's playing keep away for the last ten seconds. I manage to hit a forward smash on him and it's going to KO him. However, time expires. One more second, and he would've been gone. We go into sudden death. I drop down and fire a super missile. Pit takes a step forward with the super missile about to hit. I dash forward, expecting him to block it, so I get ready to throw him. At the LAST possible second, he pulls out Pit's down B shield and reflects the missile back at me. Blows me away, game over. I should have expected it, since my brother plays Pit, but I didn't realize how fast he pulls the shield out.

The guy that went on to win was a damn good Lucas user. He won by +3, so he's got a shot to fly out to San Jose. We played each other after the tournament was over in a 3-stock, no item match on Final Destination. I wind up beating him 3-2 in a damn good match. Just makes me wonder how things would have been different had I won my semifinals match.

I'm disappointed that I fell for the reflector, but then again, I'm not disappointed in my showing. I played well all tournament, and I think had I won that semifinals match, I could've won the whole thing. I didn't expect to get this far, so I'm pretty pleased with my showing.

Great job, Arikado! I know you did the best you possibly could - congrats on doing that! Man, getting to Round 3 and playing what it sounds like two really close matches - that's just astonishing. Way to go!

[quote name='Strell']
We need to have a CAG TX tourney. There's more than enough people for it.[/quote]Shit, all the non-Texan CAGs could disappear tomorrow, and I don't think anyone would even notice here.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']...That's not nice.[/quote]You know what's not nice? Being all like, "Okay, I'm gonna whiff this quick draw to get nice'n close to that motherfucker with no lag then shorthop for a nair. 'Cause my nair is really cool, and he's totally not gonna expect it. After all, I'm all the way over here. Oh, wait, he's chucking those little orange whores again. Guess I just have to walk."

[quote name='seanr1221']Oh thanks for having great games with me too Blue :[[/QUOTE]

That was you? I thought it was a friend on his Wii since the character/stages were coordinated. Good games too in any case!

Was your list full? It wouldn't let me register you.

[quote name='Strell']Arikado is in Arlington?

We need to have a CAG TX tourney. There's more than enough people for it.[/QUOTE]

I would be all for it. I was gonna go to Dallow's place last night to play with him and DMK, but my car has been having problems. Had to borrow one today to get out to the tournament.

Maybe we could get something organized? I've got a few friends that would be interested, too.

[quote name='zewone']'Kado suck smash.[/QUOTE]

fuck you.

Well, seems like there's four basic TX groups - the Austin crowd, the Dallas crowd, the McAllen crowd, and everyone else.

Wouldn't be all that difficult to set up a weekend tourney for everyone but the McAllen doods, since they'd undoubtedly be the farthest away. But the Austin/Dallas people would be pretty easy to coordinate, and I could head to either place.

It's always an idea at least.

Good games dyeknom. I shoulda figured by your profile pic that you were good with g&w. Hopefully ill see you in the tournament end.

Sorry i can't play longer but i have some other things to take care of.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']That was you? I thought it was a friend on his Wii since the character/stages were coordinated. Good games too in any case!

Was your list full? It wouldn't let me register you.[/QUOTE]

Thats cause I'm pretty sure we're already friends ;)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I got 3rd at a 62 player tournament in Plano today. $30. I had a solid shot at placing higher but I screwed up.[/quote]

Wow, congratulations, man! Third place is definitely nothing to be ashamed of, especially considering the level of play! :applause: (And, hey, $30!)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']That was you? I thought it was a friend on his Wii since the character/stages were coordinated. Good games too in any case!

Was your list full? It wouldn't let me register you.[/quote]
Yeah, you should have recorded it.
Me and Sean were talking on AIM and decided to go Olimar on you. :lol:

Up for some games later today?
[quote name='Strell']Well, seems like there's four basic TX groups - the Austin crowd, the Dallas crowd, the McAllen crowd, and everyone else.

Wouldn't be all that difficult to set up a weekend tourney for everyone but the McAllen doods, since they'd undoubtedly be the farthest away. But the Austin/Dallas people would be pretty easy to coordinate, and I could head to either place.

It's always an idea at least.[/quote]

I think the McAllen dudes would be up for it.
Except for the one that hates having fun.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I got 3rd at a 62 player tournament in Plano today. $30. I had a solid shot at placing higher but I screwed up.[/quote]
That freakin' Kirby........

Your MetaKnight is still bad ass DMK.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']
I think the McAllen dudes would be up for it.
Except for the one that hates having fun.[/QUOTE]

I think there's only one person in McAllen who appears to like fun.

The other is a whiny little bitch, one of them is an assuming little asshole, and the rest either aren't around much or aren't worth worrying about.

[quote name='Strell']I think there's only one person in McAllen who appears to like fun.

The other is a whiny little bitch, one of them is an assuming little asshole, and the rest either aren't around much or aren't worth worrying about.[/quote]
I'm guessing I'm the whiny little bitch? :lol:

I'm going to be on in a bit, if anyone wants to play a few matches.

I am having such a hard time doing all of these modes with everyone. I wish there was a character to unlock this way. I would have been more motivated. :(

Those were some damn good games Dmnky and Hero.

I've never seen anyone that good with G&W before. I had a good time thanks for the matches!

EDIT: I'll definitely hop back on later tonight, I look forward to playing with you both again.

bread's done
Back