Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Yeah, you should have recorded it.
Me and Sean were talking on AIM and decided to go Olimar on you. :lol:

Up for some games later today?

I think the McAllen dudes would be up for it.
Except for the one that hates having fun.[/QUOTE]

Sure am. If you want to do "same character/stages" like before, let me know beforehand and I'll record them for posterity. You can catch me on AIM or Skype at "scurker".

So far out of the 25 people I pm'ed to add over the weeks only Suko, Dmunkee, the two Seans and chibijosh have added me... :kicks dirt like Luigi:

Mad D, I'll add you after this tourney match.

I'm going to delete all the people who are still showing as "awaiting registration" on my end.

Sorry for the delay!

[quote name='Mad D']So far out of the 25 people I pm'ed to add over the weeks only Suko, Dmunkee, the two Seans and chibijosh have added me... :kicks dirt like Luigi:[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, I thought I had added you, but it appears I forgot. You're on my list now.

[quote name='Mad D']So far out of the 25 people I pm'ed to add over the weeks only Suko, Dmunkee, the two Seans and chibijosh have added me... :kicks dirt like Luigi:[/quote]
Why am I the only one to not get capitalization? Am I just not important enough for my name to be a proper noun? *also kicks dirt like Luigi*

But seriously, I think out of the 25ish that I've added, I still have 6 or 7 awaiting registration, and I've only ever actually played about 8 of them.

Strell are you dueling someone right now? I am attempting to join your game.

*I started up a room if anyone wants to join, I put it at 3 stock with items, but can change it to anyone's preference*

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']Strell are you dueling someone right now? I am attempting to join your game.

*I started up a room if anyone wants to join, I put it at 3 stock with items, but can change it to anyone's preference*[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was playing Riyonuk in the tourney. We had just finished when you asked to join, and I hit "ok" since we were done, but then you didn't show up.

No big deal.

I'm done for a while, in terms of today at least. Been playing for a few hours I think. Lots of games with Eco at one point. GGs everyone (JFD, bitchfornow, principe).

Thanks Blue and Strell, maybe I'll finally get to play someone more than once who isn't just Suko!

Don't worry chibijosh your name is on cap locked on my brawl friend list.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']People have found 25 tracks on the SSBB disc, there were used in the final game. I'm largely pissed that "Eight Melodies" from Mother (and the other couple Mother songs, Mother was underrepresented when it came to music) happens to be one of them.

http://www.editorartist.com/album.php?id=smash_brawl_!_lost_tracks[/QUOTE]

Sons of Liberty Theme? MGS Theme Remix? Stunt Race FX? Beware the Forest's Mushrooms?!

Oh, what could have been. :cry:

[quote name='Mad D']Blue and MnkyD, was I the only one that was dropped from that game?[/QUOTE]

I got dropped, but I only came back a little later because I'm making a pizza, so I've been checking on it every few games.

Is there a way to start the game off as Zero Suit Samus?

I'm trying to beat Classic with everyone but I never get a smash ball the entire game to turn into Zero Suit!

[quote name='CombatCraig']Is there a way to start the game off as Zero Suit Samus?

I'm trying to beat Classic with everyone but I never get a smash ball the entire game to turn into Zero Suit![/quote]

I believe you hold the 'R' button when selecting her, assuming you use the Gamecube controller or classic controller.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Is there a way to start the game off as Zero Suit Samus?

I'm trying to beat Classic with everyone but I never get a smash ball the entire game to turn into Zero Suit![/quote]
Assuming your playing with a wavebird, hold L at the character select screen.

[quote name='dmunkee']I believe you hold the 'R' button when selecting her, assuming you use the Gamecube controller or classic controller.[/QUOTE]

It's the shield button on whatever configuration you are currently using.

This works on Mushroomy Kingdom as well to select the underground level.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It's the shield button on whatever configuration you are currently using.

This works on Mushroomy Kingdom as well to select the underground level.[/quote]
Psh, I don't need to hold the shield button to get to 1-2, since I never even get to see 1-1. I've picked Kingdom several times, but I've only seen 1-1....4 times.

I've come up with the conclusion that I can't eat and then play Smash.
I didn't do very good earlier when I played with BL and Sean. :/

But when Strell was on, I was doing great.

Who else has crazy excuses?

[quote name='BlueLobstah']This works on Mushroomy Kingdom as well to select the underground level.[/QUOTE]

Huh... learn something new every day.

Haha sorry suko, that was some terrible timing. My batteries died (twice today now) on the wiimote... and while i was changing them I hit the B button when you tried to join :/

Yo, sorry MnkyD for screwing around in our matches. I'm in a not caring about results mood right now for some reason.

JohnnyFoxDarko, I don't think so. I'll add you now anyways.

[quote name='suko_32']Yo, sorry MnkyD for screwing around in our matches. I'm in a not caring about results mood right now for some reason.[/quote]

Lol it's okay. Just passing the time, myself. I wish we could pick the music to play with as well >.

[quote name='dyeknom'] My batteries died (twice today now) on the wiimote... [/quote] I was wondering why you started to run off the edge in that one match we played earlier.

[quote name='Mad D']I was wondering why you started to run off the edge in that one match we played earlier.[/quote]

Yeah, lol. I replaced those batteries with new batteries, but they weren't charged -_-

Suko: Yeah. I'd love to choose my in game music to that DK rap song >.

G&W Protip:

If you pick the blue one, the blinking of air and ground dodging will be more or less completely hidden. The only way to tell if he's dodging is a subtle animation change. It totally sucks to whiff a move when you didnt expect to.

G&W's turtle attack(back air? or is it forward air) is some broke shit. Also, one of his throws gets you a guaranteed down smash? (the one with the hammers) unless they tech it.

Down tilt I think it is, can come out ultra fast after a landed down air or forward smash? (the one with the fire) and is very spammable. You can also have it hit pretty far out if you are standing at the ledge.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']G&W's turtle attack(back air? or is it forward air) is some broke shit. Also, one of his throws gets you a guaranteed down smash? (the one with the hammers) unless they tech it.

Down tilt I think it is, can come out ultra fast after a landed down air or forward smash? (the one with the fire) and is very spammable. You can also have it hit pretty far out if you are standing at the ledge.[/quote]
His bair, yeah, that's brutal. I mean, I like Ike's bair and all, but that frigging turtle...
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']A tentacle monster.
:twoguns::whee:[/quote]

tentacleshw9.jpg

If you're sucking, here are some basic pointers, which may or may not apply to you.

You're not shield grabbing, or maybe not even throwing at all. Seriously.

You're not air or ground dodging.

You're not short hopping and/or fast falling.

You're not tech recovering when you hit a surface.

You might not know that you can cancel your dash into a sliding up smash if you just hit the c-stick up while running.

You might not know that you can jump forwards while facing backwards, thus letting you use your back air in front of you (a lot of people have good back airs). This is done by tapping the opposite direction that you are running in as quick as you can and then going back to holding the direction you were running in. You hit jump at the exact moment that you hit that opposite direction. Your character will now be turned around but still jumping the same direction, allowing you to back air forwards out of a full run. If you see the turning around animation, you're jumping.....too late.

bread's done
Back