Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='MarioColbert']I think Phoenix Wright should be an assist trophy.

*BOOM*

OBJECTION!!!

What just happened?

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT![/quote]
The Judge should also be an assist trophy, we could hit people with his gavel.

[quote name='evilmax17']I'm sure there'll be a way to start with ZS Samus, like you could hold B to start as Shiek in SSBM.

We're basically getting two characters for the price of one, without having to sacrifice a move like with the Zelda/Shiek transformation. Not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

Well, unlike Shiek, the transformation is only one way. But then, perhaps ZSS's final smash will include her summoning a giant magnet and having a power suit gather around her, thus becoming... er... One Suit Samus.

[quote name='EXStrike']I am interested in how Zero Suit Samus is handled. They did put Zero Suit Samus as her own character, and not just a thing under Samus.[/quote] Interestingly enough, giga bowser seems to be only accessable using bowser's final smash, technically the same way as ZSS, however he didn't get his own char slot, which as you said leads me to believe that once you use samus's final smash once ZSS will be unlocked for play w/o using the smash ball

This World sounds...different.

The "???" must mean we will probably get more information later.

Anybody know who/what the thing is in the last picture? Don't remember seeing that before.

I wonder if that thing in the last picture is the new thing you have to fight 30 of before Master Hand in this game. They look kinda drone-ish.

[edit]...drat[/edit]

I thought that thing was a super pissed off version of the sandbag in the home run contest. Just imagine, thats what happens when the sandbag gets the FS.

This is the best update yet. I don't even care if they resolve it.

Screenshots? Awesome.
Commentray? Mysterious.
Overall? Ominous!

Something tells me we just saw the opening few frames of the new intro cinematic...

[quote name='RollingSkull']Uh oh. Someone left Strell switched to Twisp and Catsby.[/quote]Away from his usual Tycho mode? ;)

[quote name='MarioColbert']Commentray? Mysterious.
[/quote]

I never realized there was commentary until you said it.

Did anyone else had to highlight to text to know it was there?

I thought it was a pure picture post when I first saw it.

[quote name='dallow']Away from his usual Tycho mode? ;)[/QUOTE]

Again, I cannot convince everyone Tycho is merely in Strell mode.

This is a sad state of affairs.

[quote name='Strell']Again, I cannot convince everyone Tycho is merely in Strell mode.

This is a sad state of affairs.[/quote]:lol: Haha, oh that's right. I forgot this.

Is that MetaKnight's ship in the background of the second to last picture? He may or may not have anything to do with this, but on second look, the thing in the last picture's head looks suspiciously like MetaKnight's without the mask...

[quote name='EXStrike']I never realized there was commentary until you said it.

Did anyone else had to highlight to text to know it was there?

I thought it was a pure picture post when I first saw it.[/quote] woah sakurai is getting all mysterious on us, i find this quite intriguing

[quote name='AmigoOne']master hand is tired of being beaten so now they send the big guns.[/quote]by guns you mean metaknights friggin ship right?

That's totally Metaknight's ship in the picture. Makes me wanna play as him even more.

As for that.....thing in the final pic, it looks oddly familiar because of the stringy arms and puffy gloves, but I can't put my finger on it.

[quote name='Strell']Again, I cannot convince everyone Tycho is merely in Strell mode.

This is a sad state of affairs.[/quote]

Inconceivable. Tycho could never pen a two sentence forum post. Just two sentences... no way.

[quote name='maigoyume']woah sakurai is getting all mysterious on us, i find this quite intriguing

by guns you mean metaknights friggin ship right?[/quote]

I'll bet the ship just the intro cinematics. The guy who showed up all shadow like, however, will have to do with the story.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Inconceivable. Tycho could never pen a two sentence forum post. Just two sentences... no way.[/QUOTE]

I am most certain I have seen one sentence posts from him, usually as insults projected at Son Gabriel.

I wouldn't know how to go about tracking something like this down aside from good old fashioned drudgery, but maybe everyone here is just so lucky for such a possibility.

[quote name='The Crotch']I looked through some Brawl pictures a while back, and saw shots of Meta Knight's ship. I thought it was the Delphinus from Skies of Arcadia.

Finding out the horrible, horrible truth was like watching the Easter Bunny die of sadness after learning Santa Claus doesn't exist and his parents were taking baby teeth from under his pillow.[/quote]
I'd feel bad for you, but unless "a while back" was circe E3 2006 when the Smash Bros. Brawl video featuring Meta Knight (and his ship) was first shown, you should have known better. ;)

It's gotta be a fake story. However, the premise is believe (it's been believable forever).

This World is under Game Modes, and not Locations on the Smash Bros. site. Meaning...it could be the New Adventure Mode. Or an additional Adventure Mode.

[quote name='evilmax17']http://gametrailers.com/player/22608.html

Reggie gets asked straight out if it's online, and doesn't give an answer. Eegh.[/QUOTE]

I'm startingto worry it won't be, despite all the talk at the beginning that it would. I'm sure we'll get some word that "we couldn't effectively negotiate the lag issues to give a good experience online, so we focused entirely on the local end to provide the best possible game."

Which would suck, because I have friends I desperately want to play online.

But I just can't ignore the signs. They have every reason to champion it being online, and none to dance around it like it's a secret.

DMK delights in our misery, it is delicious pleasure to him.

[quote name='Strell']"we couldn't effectively negotiate the lag issues to give a good experience online, so we focused entirely on the local end to provide the best possible game."[/QUOTE]

Yea that's what I was thinking. They'll give the usual bullshit answer, and some people will find it acceptable.

If there's no online, I'll have to send a vial of my tears to DMK so he can drink them.

[quote name='Apossum']If there's no online, I'll have to send a vial of my tears to DMK so he can drink them.[/quote]2nded. :cry::cry::cry:

I'll just tally up the vials and go punch him that many times instead. He's not far. He might even be closer to dallow, but I always get confused on how far away Dallas is from Austin.

[quote name='Strell']I'll just tally up the vials and go punch him that many times instead. He's not far. He might even be closer to dallow, but I always get confused on how far away Dallas is from Austin.[/QUOTE]

Tell him "This one's for next gen!" before my punch.

as for the World mode-- I thought the last pic looked like Rob the Robot on first glance. but he doesn't have the clamps. CLAMPS!!!!

[quote name='The Crotch']Wow, I feel like I'm missing every single in-joke in the history of the fucking universe.

Also, isn't it "Vive le Quebec!"?[/QUOTE]

Clamps = Futurama, a mobster/mafia robot found in a few episodes.

"VIVA JAY SHERMAN! VIVA QUEBEC!" is from The Critic, a cartoon series that starred Jon Lovitz as a pear shaped movie critic who hated every move that was released. In some episode he has this strange fantasy where he's liberating Quebec from fascist French rule. He envisions the Quebecians shouting this out. Edit: I think it's in this episode. Edit 2: Yep, starting at 7:43.

I am not surprised if true, reggie likes to give a kind of false hope for features they don't have. Mario Kart was announced online and that comes out next year and if a came coming in a few months they won't say anything its kind of a given.

modea01_070720j-l.jpg

faceshd8jy2.gif

another example of people with too much time on their hands.

[quote name='SMMM']
modea01_070720j-l.jpg

faceshd8jy2.gif

another example of people with too much time on their hands.[/quote]

OMG I see the mother mary, praise god /crosses chest.

[quote name='Strell']Clamps = Futurama, a mobster/mafia robot found in a few episodes.

"VIVA JAY SHERMAN! VIVA QUEBEC!" is from The Critic, a cartoon series that starred Jon Lovitz as a pear shaped movie critic who hated every move that was released. In some episode he has this strange fantasy where he's liberating Quebec from fascist French rule. He envisions the Quebecians shouting this out. Edit: I think it's in this episode. Edit 2: Yep, starting at 7:43.[/QUOTE]

Jay Sherman cardboard cut-out yelling "BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY BOOK!"

=

BEST ASSIST TROPHY EVER.

bread's done
Back