Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Gameboy415']Jay Sherman cardboard cut-out yelling "BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY BOOK!"

=

BEST ASSIST TROPHY EVER.[/QUOTE]

"Why did you shoot it? It was only saying 'BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY--'"

*Jeremy cocks his gun*

"...Ok I'll stop."

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Gamestop/EB Games are now taking preorders for SSBB in store along with Super Mario Galaxy and Fire Emblem.

Prior to that, they were only online.

At the top, above the ridley and to the right of bowser you can clearly see Sonic's buttcrack. I think it's obvious that he's included in the game.

Hmm, I'm kinda having doubts that Megaman is going to be in this game. However I still have hopes for Sonic. Sonic and Mario are going to be in the olympic games together after all. Though they claimed that it'll be the first instance and the game comes out after Smash Brawl I believe, so eh....

So much for the Hammer being the ultimate item.

Edit: Wait--going back to the Samus final smash, could it be possible that after a certain period of time, you can hold down "A" or something, and for like 3 seconds she'll regain her armor, but it has to be an undisturbed 3 seconds, like if she was....
CHARGING HER LAZAH

It does look like a Jungle Beat level!

Of course, it'll play similar to the Ice Climbers stage from Melee, and my friends didn't care for that one much.

whats the general consensus on climbing/moving levels?

They where always my favorites as it was more interactive and made you think more than just about the fighting. My favorite all time smash level is the F-zero level from SSBM when you are on top of the racers going through the track and you had to keep jumping from car to car to stay alive.

My friends (like rig's) also hated playing on the moving levels.

personally i didn't like the moving levels much, me and my friends preferred FD for our 1 on 1 bouts, course with 4 players anything goes :applause:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Pit is in the background of one of the images, which seems odd.

I wonder whats at the top![/QUOTE]

unless I am missing something I believe he is one of the characters fighting in the picture, not in the background.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Never liked Icicle Mt. in Melee, so I don't imagine myself liking this new level very much. It DOES look nice, though.[/quote]I feel the same way, lol.

Poke Floats is a good level, and so is Mute City. I hated Big Blue, mainly because even with L-Canceling, you were boned if you landed on the track.

If its a slow consistent scroll i wouldnt mind, but if it has random high speed scrolling like icicle mountain, then its a different story.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Pit is in the background of one of the images, which seems odd.

I wonder whats at the top![/quote]???

Maybe the stage stops at the "top" whatever that is. Or most likely drops everyone back to the beginning, resetting it's awesomeness...

My thoughts:
You can climb latters (look at Mario.)
You can go in water/be hit by water.
At the end, you all fall back down, kind of like in the first F-Zero stage.
There appears to be some sort of button you can press (like a POW).

[quote name='mr ryles']Maybe some DK barrels launch you back down, that would be sweet.[/quote]

No! All the players jump into one massive barrel, that you can fight in, and that takes you down.
That would be sweet.

Oh please be DK's awesome tree hut with a stash of bananas and a pimpin' boom box at the top with Diddy blasting the beats and Cranky Kong getting funky with Granny Kong.

Online is all I care about. I'm already sold on the game, so these updates are frustrating. Online is the difference between "buy it on release" and "wait for the $19.99 bargain edition".

[quote name='MisterHand']Online is all I care about. I'm already sold on the game, so these updates are frustrating. Online is the difference between "buy it on release" and "wait for the $19.99 bargain edition".[/quote]
Waiting for it to hit $19.99 might not be practical, after all Melee still sells for $30. ;)

[quote name='MisterHand']Online is all I care about. I'm already sold on the game, so these updates are frustrating. Online is the difference between "buy it on release" and "wait for the $19.99 bargain edition".[/quote] You know you're getting it on release day whether it has wi-fi or not.

It wil have online but they're saving it for a big announcement that their stock my see a big rise, I predict.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Waiting for it to hit $19.99 might not be practical, after all Melee still sells for $30. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it went to player's choice for a moment, and quickly went back up to normal price. I doubt the same will happen with this game if it proves to be on par or better than Melee.

[quote name='MisterHand']Online is all I care about. I'm already sold on the game, so these updates are frustrating. Online is the difference between "buy it on release" and "wait for the $19.99 bargain edition".[/quote]

Dude... this game will be a system seller for me regardless of Wi-Fi... i've held off on buying a Wii specifically because this game wasn't out.

[quote name='Magehart']Dude... this game will be a system seller for me regardless of Wi-Fi... i've held off on buying a Wii specifically because this game wasn't out.[/QUOTE]

metroid prime 3 is out in a month or so.

They never added him on the characters page though.. lol :(

WHERE IS PEACH!?
I REALLY hope she makes it in the game.......

[quote name='lilboo']They never added him on the characters page though.. lol :(

WHERE IS PEACH!?
I REALLY hope she makes it in the game.......[/quote]sakurai would be insane not to, well more insane at least

bread's done
Back