Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

I been thinking about online. I think they are waiting to release info that this game has wifi if any. Think about it with games like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3, Metroid Prime 3 coming out you don't want people to know everything about this game. You want to keep the hype factor way up there so when they are playing all these other big budget titles they still have to wait for surprises about what is in the game so they don't lose interest in this game to another. I would expect an online announcement if there is going to be one either at TGS or if not there maybe in November.

[quote name='Foo228']so 3 days til sonic is in?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EXStrike']2 days, actually. 26th is Thursday.

And either everyone kills the guy for posting fake news, or the internet implodes.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you guys talking about?

[quote name='Greetard']What the hell are you guys talking about?[/QUOTE]

Some gaming mag (I want to say from South America and that it was in Spanish) claimed that Sonic is already in Brawl, but that the announcement wouldn't come until the 26th, when I guess Sega is supposed to say so.

Sonic in Brawl? Do not want.

Yoshi's second jump already gives him HUGE distance and air. I think he's third jump would be like the ice climbers third jump without your buddy.

[quote name='Strell']Some gaming mag (I want to say from South America and that it was in Spanish) claimed that Sonic is already in Brawl, but that the announcement wouldn't come until the 26th, when I guess Sega is supposed to say so.

Sonic in Brawl? Do not want.[/quote]

i'd love Sonic in Brawl... Sonic, Tails, Knuckles...that would be hot

[quote name='Strell']Some gaming mag (I want to say from South America and that it was in Spanish) claimed that Sonic is already in Brawl, but that the announcement wouldn't come until the 26th, when I guess Sega is supposed to say so.

Sonic in Brawl? Do not want.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and sub-question, why not? I can't really think of another third party character that would fit in as well (maybe someone from Rare). It's at least a little more logical than Snake, who, save for two remakes on the GC, has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo.

Sonic in Brawl? Do not want.[/quote]

Didn't they already come out and say it was a haox though?

[quote name='Strell']Some gaming mag (I want to say from South America and that it was in Spanish) claimed that Sonic is already in Brawl, but that the announcement wouldn't come until the 26th, when I guess Sega is supposed to say so.[/QUOTE]
The source who broke the "Sonic already in, wait 'til 26th" rumor rescinded it soon after it broke.
http://abxy.org/a/sakurai:_sonic_will_be_in_brawl_if_sega_approves/

EDIT: So to recap, Sonic is not in. The rumor was fabricated. There will be no announcement on the 26th.

No confirmation until very close or on release. Reactions will be insane, demand skyrockets, media moves in, more press for Wii, more shortages, checkmate.

Thats my guess anyway.

Megaman NEEDS to be in this one. He's been on the SNES, and gameboy games, and has had more connections with nintendo then the rest of the third party members.arghar

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm guessing Strell does not want Sonic in on account of the crippling mediocrity of his recent games. I disagree with him greatly on this, and see it as a great throwback to the Genesis days.[/QUOTE]

Motherfucker apparently can't beat Mario in a foot race, I don't want his weak shit in a fighting game.

Send that bitch home.

[quote name='Under_Score']Any oppinions about the Fire Eblem characters?
Personally, I'd like to leave them out.[/QUOTE]

That would piss off way too many people.

Leaving one out would be at best passable.

Besides there is strong suggestion that there's an FE level, meaning at least one FE character will most likely show up.

[quote name='Strell']Motherfucker apparently can't beat Mario in a foot race, I don't want his weak shit in a fighting game.

Send that bitch home.[/quote]Hey, if he's in, you've found yourself a new training dummy.

Fire Emblem characters are just fine. Just not one with all the power concentrated at the tip of an abnormally long sword.

I'd be up for Lyn and Ike, or maybe even something more radical like a Soren/Rolf/Ilyana

[quote name='Under_Score']Anyone think more Pokemon will be added? (as characters.)[/quote]Lucario, now that Deoxys is only in pokeball form. I had a whole theory about him being playable, and being able to shift through all 4 of his forms. Now my hopes rest on Lucario and Mewtwo.

Sonic, maybe. Megaman? NO.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Fire Emblem characters are just fine. Just not one with all the power concentrated at the tip of an abnormally long sword.

I'd be up for Lyn and Ike, or maybe even something more radical like a Soren/Rolf/Ilyana[/quote]that would be awesome, though i'd prefer boyd just to balance out all the sword wielders

It's a good level. It doesn't really remind me much of anything from either Kid Icarus game though. I was hoping for an underworld/temple level, with some eggplant wizards as level hazards. Then again, there's a good chance an eggplant wizard is one of the assist trophies.

As far as new characters go, I'd almost say for sure Lucario will get Mewtwo's spot in this one.

And I'd be fine with Megaman & Sonic being added. Actually, Megaman would be perfect for Smash Bros. Sonic, not so much, but even though I can't really imagine how he'll work, he should be in. Beyond those, it gets hard to even think of any third party characters that should make it in.

[quote name='Greetard']Keep the interesting stages coming.[/QUOTE]
I found this both interesting and amusing. From gonintendo
1185347525424_1.png

[quote name='seanr1221']I can't say I'm not disappointed in this stage.[/QUOTE]
We can't say we aren't surprised to hear that you can't say you're not disappointed. Can't we? Or can we? I don't know that I haven't lost track of the negation in all this.

[quote name='seanr1221']I can't say I'm not disappointed in this stage. The floor crumbling would be cool if the Zelda stage didn't already do it.[/QUOTE]

The Twilight Princess stage is completely flat, though, which is kind of boring.

[quote name='seanr1221']I can't say I'm not disappointed in this stage. The floor crumbling would be cool if the Zelda stage didn't already do it.[/quote]

Your avatar looks super emo-depressed. Of course you're dissapointed.

Anyways, this level looks alrght, but it's nothing fantastic. Now if it has time lapse and it changes from day to night then this could be breathtaking eye-candy.

[quote name='Magehart']Your avatar looks super emo-depressed. Of course you're dissapointed.
[/QUOTE]

? A smirk is now considered emo?

Lets all throw personal attacks at each other until the game comes out to keep it interesting while we are waiting.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
Sonic, maybe. Megaman? NO.[/quote]

ppl wnats rockmans.

GO PLANT SOME TREES, DARWIN. I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO.

WHAT ABOUT THAT, A_CROTCH?

MARVEL AT MY REFUSAL TO USE THE PROPER IDENTIFIER! MARVEL WITH RAGE!

[quote name='AmigoOne']ppl wnats rockmans.[/quote]Noe rokmns 4 mee, kthnx.

Personaly, I would hate it if Megaman slithered his way into Brawl. To me, he'd either be a "better" Kirby, or a "worse" Samus. None of those 2 scenarios seem pleasant to me. As for Sonic, after really thinking about it, I don't see what he could possibly bring to the game, aside from nostalgic value. And if I want Nostalgia from Sonic, I'll play Sonic Mega Collection to bring back the good SPECTACULAR ol' days.

As a character, Mega Man would probably fit in better than Sonic (although I don't like admitting it). But for novelty (which seems to fit better for the Smash Bros games), Sonic is the best one for the job.

I can't understand all the speculation against Sonic. I mean, Jigglypuff pretty much already does his signature move in Melee. I'm strongly against clones, but one move wouldn't be too bad.

[quote name='Greetard']I can't understand all the speculation against Sonic. I mean, Jigglypuff pretty much already does his signature move in Melee. I'm strongly against clones, but one move wouldn't be too bad.[/quote]Wait......what?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Wait......what?[/QUOTE]

Sonic's big move would most likely be his Spindash, which Jiggly already has. You can make the argument Yoshi has it too.

Megaman needs to be in much more than Sonic, because as assist trophies Rush > Every other Sonic Character including sonic combined.

Also that isn't a smirk.

I am taking a strict anti-sonic stance for Brawl. Sonic should have been killed inhumanely years ago. He's nothing but a childhood star struggling to make a comeback. and his stupid trademark Sonic the Hedgehog smirk makes me angry.

sonic-the-hedgehog-1922.jpg

argh, I HATE YOU argh, I HATE YOU argh, I HATE YOU argh, I HATE YOU argh, I HATE YOU argh, I HATE YOU argh, I HATE YOU

hate is cool.

Who will join SSNBB (Sonic Should Not Be in Brawl)?

Just imagine if he ends up being a GOOD character! Then people will use him all the time! AAAAAAAAAAAAA

:note: I will use Sonic if he is a good character

AAAAAAAAAAAAAa

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Just imagine if he ends up being a GOOD character! Then people will use him all the time! AAAAAAAAAAAAA

:note: I will use Sonic if he is a good character

AAAAAAAAAAAAAa
[/QUOTE]

Then there will be more Sonic furries drawing pics of him having sex with tails. and if 30 more of those hit the internet, the gates of hell will open.

[quote name='Apossum']Then there will be more Sonic furries drawing pics of him having sex with tails. and if 30 more of those hit the internet, the gates of hell will open.[/quote] Real Spoiler
1175179687879lq5dc6.jpg

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Real Spoiler
1175179687879lq5dc6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

thanks, I'm blinded by the cheese that just attacked my eyes ;)

I wonder how much you have to pay Sakurai to include a 3rd party character. Kojima seriously must've gone on his knees to get Snake in there (either that, or Sakurai is a true MGS fanboy). It certainly is great advertisement to have your character become part of the Smash roster, compared to being only featured in cameos. That's why Roy was introduced to advert. for FE6 or was it 5, ahh who gives a shit, Roy was seriously bad anyway.

But if the process of getting Snake in Smash was easy as apple pie, I would expect many more 3rd party chars (but not so much that it essentially becomes MUGEN from oversaturation).

By the way, wasn't there a survey addressing Sakurai a while back asking which characters should be in Brawl? Or was that just a hoax, too? I'd like to see that list if it turns out to be legitimate. CAGBookie sounds damn good right about now.

There was indeed a survey, and supposedly one of the most requested Nintendo characters was Geno. Others included King Dedede and more Pokemon.

There's no telling if that data is being put to good use or not.

Also, I don't know what Sakurai's opinion of MGS/Snake are, but Kojima approached them for Melee to include Snake. I don't know why he wasn't included then as versus now, but I'm thinking that Melee opened the series up to much greater exposure, which would be a good reason to throw in some third party characters.

bread's done
Back