Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

yo man turn that beast sideways. You mightbe able to get a decent price at Goozex. i haven't checked in a while but yeah if you're going to be plugging in gamecube controllers you're Wii shouldn't be vertical. I mean they give you a nice stand and all but it just means it has more room to fall. I always put my consoles horizontal for precisly that reason.

yeah I don't see PC happening anytime soon, but if they did I think this time they'd put smash on the list.

I never liked seeing a console stand vertical. It always seemed to me that so much could go wrong as far as the disc not staying in the tray right. Not so much a problem with the Wii I guess, but the other disc based systems at least.

[quote name='JStryke']I never liked seeing a console stand vertical. It always seemed to me that so much could go wrong as far as the disc not staying in the tray right. Not so much a problem with the Wii I guess, but the other disc based systems at least.[/QUOTE]
It's what killed my disc 3 of Final Fantasy 9. Thank, PS2. :(

I always had my PS2 horizontal, I didn't know it could go vertical, lol. But, I should go change my Wii position soon...

But, uh.... when I do play Brawl (at my friend's house), I always choose Ike. Who do you guys play as?

Lucario. I don't play nearly as much as I used to though. There's some small tournaments coming up in my area though, so I'll at least get to practice some more.

My friend is a big SSBM fan. He hates SSBB though. He entered a couple tournaments before, and him and his friend did.... decent.

I like Lucario as well, his Final Smash (I forget what it's called, hopefully it's called that) is pretty awesome looking. GIANT KAMEHAMEHA!!!!

I don't play often as of right now, but until I find the character I'm best with (I just got the game and the wii this past christmas), I tend to always use Pit. Usually with his black wings color scheme as well.

Pit can be quite cheap though, with his B+ move. Where if you keep tapping B he'll continue to spin his blade. It's fun to use though, when you want to annoy people. :D

That's kind of what I notice as well. How easy it is to spam that. One of the things I liked though (and probably why Fox was one I used fairly often in the original) is you can use his arrow attack to try and keep people from coming back once they fall off the edge.

I also think Mario is harder to use now than the original as well now that I think about it. IIRC, his tornado move was down+b with his coin move being up+b. His coin move is the same, but if I'm not mistaken, his tornado move can only be done from the air now. Another combo from my early days that I remember falling in love with.

I haven't tried that, but that sounds pretty cool though. I can just imagine a friend/sibling getting mad when you do that, lol.

I usually like to play with Nunchuk and Wii Remote. I really want to play this game now. :Q

If you're referring to the Mario combo, it's probably why I regard him as my best character in the original, just for how easy it was to pull off.

And I'd get on myself, but I should be getting to bed soon as I have work in the morning. :p

Oh I meant the Arrow thing, lol. I didn't see the Mario tornado part. o.o

But, my copy of the game doesn't work so I can't really play. lol.

It works well enough, but (at least for me), using Fox / Falco / Wolf and their gun seems to work the easiest just as it feels a bit quicker.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Pit can be quite cheap though, with his B+ move. Where if you keep tapping B he'll continue to spin his blade. It's fun to use though, when you want to annoy people. :D[/QUOTE]that little voice of his can totally get grating on that move.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I haven't tried that, but that sounds pretty cool though. I can just imagine a friend/sibling getting mad when you do that, lol.

I usually like to play with Nunchuk and Wii Remote. I really want to play this game now. :Q[/QUOTE]
Nunchuk and Remote? aka the worst control scheme ever? one of my nephews uses that. I mean you do what you gotta do but I'm a NGC man all the way. I bought a new one just for brawl. Since i'm by myself i haven't invested the time I put into Melee but I'm still a Marth man with Pika and Ness as backups.

I love the control scheme, but I could go back to Gamecube style... Just, I need to get used to it again, lol.

I can do pretty good with the wiimote and nunchuk, but I don't know how it could compare to me using a GC controller.

[quote name='evergoo']I'm also playing. Post if you intend to play and Blue will send you an PSN chat invitation. :D[/QUOTE]
I want in on this next time.

We could probably schedule a time in advance if more people were interested in playing. I'm definitely up for it, since Goo and I only got to play for about an hour last night.

PSN Smash, baby. :cool:

Unlike Skype, there is no crazy lag using PS3's voice chat while playing Smash. It only does everything. ;)

How 'bout Friday night everyone?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Since I'm sure not even Goo would sing the theme...[/quote]
That extended version sounded like ass.

9:00 (my time)? I might be able to jump on.

Though, I don't think I know where my Bluetooth headset is (for PS3 chat).

[quote name='Rig']9:00 (my time)? I might be able to jump on.

Though, I don't think I know where my Bluetooth headset is (for PS3 chat).[/QUOTE]

That's okay. We can still send you an invite so goo and I can taunt you. :cool:

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Thanks for the games goo and Jack. That was funtastic![/QUOTE]
Good games even with the lag.

My PS3 auto-shuts off after an hour. That's why our voice chat ended.

I went on a 3-hour SingStar spree afterward to reclaim all the high scores I lost via hard drive format. My lovely voice is now raspy due to binge singing. :whistle2:(

Bumping, also I got a new copy of this game (Thankfully it's not broken yet... my Wii just fell, due to small Gamecube cords.... and siblings being alone in my room)

So, anyone want to revive this thread and gameplay matches?

[quote name='evergoo']Some Fat Princess Smashers have urged me to host another tourney. Expect one around February. :cool: I have some fresh ideas in mind. It'll probably be a season thing to give everyone an opportunity to play multiple games. There will be a gimmick that will help balance matches while also expanding our skill level.[/QUOTE]

February has come and gone. Do you still plan on hosting another tournament anytime soon? Just curious.

[quote name='Jack']February has come and gone. Do you still plan on hosting another tournament anytime soon? Just curious.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Hero has gone to the Navy, the Fat Princess clan STILL hasn't won a clan match, my backlog is ridonkulous, and I'm going back to school in June. All signs point to...
YES if there's still interest. :p I need at least 7 holla backs to make this tourney worthwhile. I have a very interesting gimmick this time around.

kirbyobrienpleased.png

Did Hero even say goodbye :(

[quote name='soonersfan60']I wish they had live tournaments for SSBB...[/QUOTE]

www.allisbrawl.com

What? It's not like I'm a mod there, or something.

[quote name='Strell']Did Hero even say goodbye :([/QUOTE]He probably didn't get permission from LT. L.T. Smash.

[quote name='Strell']Beef plays Super Streetbloo 13, what the hell would he know.[/QUOTE]
What the fuck is that? Did I miss the first 12 games of that series?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']www.allisbrawl.com[/quote]
Hahaha! :rofl: We only play with LAG. Local Smash is soooo amateur. :roll:

Hero did say goodbye...at least to those with AIM. Also, that bastard sold Smash. I'll get him good when he comes back. :evil:

[quote name='evergoo']:lol:

Hero has gone to the Navy, the Fat Princess clan STILL hasn't won a clan match, my backlog is ridonkulous, and I'm going back to school in June. All signs point to...
YES if there's still interest. :p I need at least 7 holla backs to make this tourney worthwhile. I have a very interesting gimmick this time around.
[/QUOTE]
Hero's gone? That jerk!
We'll win an FP match someday!
And, I'd probably be interested in a tourney. I'll lose in the first match anyway so I won't have to worry about being in it for the long run. I win Smash matches like we win FP matches.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I win Smash matches like we win FP matches.[/QUOTE]
So damn true. I think you're the curse of our clan. #-o

Btw, this is a SEASON thing. So at least a 3 game commitment is required.

bread's done
Back