Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Magehart']Pokeballs only is for rookies. It's all about only using motion sensors.

Nice update, I think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel now.[/QUOTE] The actually pokemon are generally worthless, but they're great for throwing. Nailing someone with a pokeball from clear across the stage is one of the most satisfying acts possible.

That does sound like fun, though.

[quote name='foltzie']Peaches FURY![/QUOTE]

I'm just waiting for her to snap and point and like 87,000 Toads rush out and start taking names. That would be so fuckin funny!

The landmaster flipping over actually made me laugh. That's pretty funny. As for the dodging, don't they seem to be hinting at something about being proactive and try it to make things clearer? Doesn't that sound like some levels might have multiple playing fields? Perhaps I am reading too much into it.

I plan to use the term "Landmaster" in much the same way my brother and I used the term "Steamroller" from Strange Brew when we were kids.

"I'm going to Landmaster you! LANDMASTER! LANDMASTER!" *roll and repeat*

fox_071004d-l.jpg

HURRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Now here's why I like this update. Final Smash for the old players to enjoy and dodging for the new comers.

With over a month to go i doubt they're scraping the bottom of the barrel but it does make me wonder. What will they leave out? Will all the secrets be unveiled on the website? I can tell you right now I'm going to feel a bit pissed off if I have to earn Diddy Kong, Pit or MetaKnight. If we do get Sonic will they unveil him or keep him a secret until release.

[quote name='option.iv']It's already reflex for me to punch the person who screams "Pokeballs only, on very high!"[/quote]we never did that too much b/c it got real repetitive/boring real fast but MAN those were fun times. So many pokémon everywhere at once. You just lost track of which monster belonged to you.

Items only get chaotic when you have them at High or Very High. I like to take out the big changers and keep it on Medium or even low and it's just the dash of spice the cake needs to flavor.[quote name='maigoyume']i was expecting an arwing, but landmaster is good too, especially since its SO BEEFY[/quote]I would have rather had the airwing. Starfox belongs in the sky. The sooner we can forget about all this 'get out of the plane and fight' nonsense the better

The tank is rolling. ROL'D.

LOL'D.

So yeah I don't think it would have made sense otherwise.

Explaining it - or, at least, having to - doesn't help.

[quote name='Strell']The tank is rolling. ROL'D.

LOL'D.

So yeah I don't think it would have made sense otherwise.

Explaining it - or, at least, having to - doesn't help.[/QUOTE]
I liked the part where the tank rolled and they tried to dodge it. :lol:

[quote name='dothog']I liked the part where the tank rolled and they tried to dodge it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I can tell you now that if Peach's priority is the same way it was in Melee, she will be able to down smash that tank to hell.

[quote name='Strell']I can tell you now that if Peach's priority is the same way it was in Melee, she will be able to down smash that tank to hell.[/QUOTE]

:shock:... :drool:
/orgasm

Wow, the landmaster looks ginormous. I was expecting some sort of agile Final Smash for Fox, but no one can resist the Land Master. It's just too bad ass. The Shield and Rolling update is just making me more anxious for when they reveal the crawling mechanic (if it's for everyone) and the air dodging physics. I'll just laugh if one of their updates said wavedash.

[quote name='option.iv']Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have items off. It just seems less chaotic which seems more fun for me. Meh, must've be all those hours I played with items back on SSB64 or even Powerstone. Shit got damn annoying. It's already reflex for me to punch the person who screams "Pokeballs only, on very high!"[/QUOTE]
Items off is the only way to go. Its a massive confusing mess with all that stuff turned on and theres always the arguments of zomg you got the hammer/pokeballs/exploding container/whatever, thats luck not skill!11!

[quote name='crystalklear64']Items off is the only way to go. Its a massive confusing mess with all that stuff turned on and theres always the arguments of zomg you got the hammer/pokeballs/exploding container/whatever, thats luck not skill!11![/QUOTE]

And people who act that way are complete douchebags. It shouldn't be "You got the so-and-so, NOT FAIR". It should be "Damn, you got the so-and-so, im screwed :lol: "

Learn to not act like a 9 year old

Ya know, if they take the rage emotion from Super Princess Peach..

super_peach_10.jpg

Add that "Smash Bros" feel & element, and I think we could have a really awesome final smash. Ok, maybe I'm just being partial because I love that bitch!..But still.

My vote is for that OR her having a massive army of Toads come out and fuck w/ people.

[quote name='SMMM']And people who act that way are complete douchebags. It shouldn't be "You got the so-and-so, NOT FAIR". It should be "Damn, you got the so-and-so, im screwed :lol: "

Learn to not act like a 9 year old[/QUOTE]
When theres money on the line, its sris busnis.

For Peach's FS, here's hoping for an emotion-based one, where she starts ripping shit apart in rage mode, then for the post-lag, she starts crying.

I'm getting curious as to what Kirby's FS actually does. I mean, I know he uses his Cook power, but I wanna know what it actually does. Huge damage to one person? Explosion? Will it leave lots of food for Kirby to eat after it's done, or will it just regen his health instantly?

that backflip dodge by zero suit looks so hot...uh, i mean sweet

i just hope when people vs. online they don't do the "hide behind the enemy approach" all the time (so far thats my only major gripe with this game/updates)

[quote name='option.iv']Awesome update. Co-op is definitely awesome. I hope there's some sort of internet co-op play, but that may be asking too much.[/QUOTE]

asking too much

:applause: I like this update a lot.

So basically, it's like Sonic 2 when someone plays as Sonic and someone plays as Tails.

Remember the Petey Piranta update? Where he kidnaps Peach & Zelda and uses them as weapons..and "What happens to the one you save".. going by the screen shot, whoever you save joins your party :D

Yay co-op!

Yay adventure mode screens!

Your stock count, or the number of lives you can lose, is set for each stage.
In single-player mode, each time you lose a life, you switch to a different character on your team and are revived as that new character until you run out of stock lives. (You choose the character order for your team members at the start of each stage.)

Interesting.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Items off is the only way to go. Its a massive confusing mess with all that stuff turned on and theres always the arguments of zomg you got the hammer/pokeballs/exploding container/whatever, thats luck not skill!11![/quote]bah. i still say that only happens when you have the level to high. You put items on low, take out the big items, and it's not that big of a deal, except for the 'money match' people. I put a lot of time into my item catching skill I'd like to make money of it. I'm sure Smash isn't the only game(money matched) with random events that can influence tide of battle.

[quote name='lilboo']Remember the Petey Piranta update? Where he kidnaps Peach & Zelda and uses them as weapons..and "What happens to the one you save".. going by the screen shot, whoever you save joins your party :D[/QUOTE]

Good call.

Of course, as I established at the time, Imma save both of them at the same time, like a true hardass pimp.

This could be an amazing mode to mess around in.

Sort of makes me think that when the successor to Brawl comes out, I hope there's a way everything is online, cuz this could be expanded in dozens of ways.

But that's another day and another discussion.

I noted his comment about the end about powering up your character. Does this mean the single player game will have some RPG elements, where you can power up characters with experience? Or possibly you power them up in the mulitplayer Brawl mode and then take them into single player?

[quote name='SpottedNigel']successor to brawl? With everything in this game, do they ever need to make a new one?

This game is going to be amazing[/QUOTE]
I think that was their philosophy with Melee. There was no reason for a sequel too soon unless they could really offer something new and different, which this game seems to. Nintendo is the worst offender of milking franchises, I'm sure they churn out a Smash Bros. every year if they thought they could without killing it off.

I just can't really get a grasp on the scope of this game. Almost TOO much in one game...then again, I still play Melee years later and I still dont have all the trophies (argh)

[quote name='Wolfkin']bah. i still say that only happens when you have the level to high. You put items on low, take out the big items, and it's not that big of a deal, except for the 'money match' people. I put a lot of time into my item catching skill I'd like to make money of it. I'm sure Smash isn't the only game(money matched) with random events that can influence tide of battle.[/QUOTE]
I don't doubt the usefulness of catching items, for it could help against characters like Peach and Link/Y.Link. But never have I heard of money matches involving items...

Well the next smash bros can always improve with a better online system.

Still, this game is looking VERY good. I will get a Wii for this game alone.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']successor to brawl? With everything in this game, do they ever need to make a new one?

This game is going to be amazing[/quote]

I can't wait for Brawl, but I especially can't wait for Super Smash Bros quarrel or Super Smash Bros unfortunate occurance.

bread's done
Back