Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Strell']Maybe you can have a mode where someone is sitting there and they don't actually fight, but they use a Wiimote as a pointer and draw stuff on the screen the whole time.

Damn, that would be cool as hell![/quote]

A Picross mode where you can't get back into the action until you reveal your character in Picross form. ;)

[quote name='zerowing']Or Mike Tyson[/quote]
[quote name='SSB Website']I always wanted a rapist in Super Smash Bros. We just didn't have the space. But now is our chance to "shine" so to speak. Wait, that doesn't make sense.[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Strell']Maybe you can have a mode where someone is sitting there and they don't actually fight, but they use a Wiimote as a pointer and draw stuff on the screen the whole time.

Damn, that would be cool as hell![/quote]

Either that or a fly swatting mini game.

...I had Mario paint.

They didnt name him Ash because he's not Ash. Its a throwback to the original games. I think Sakurai is also on record somewhere about no anime specific characters.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']who the hell wants Dragon Chan when they can have Bald Bull or King Hippo[/QUOTE]

I'd honestly be astonished if King Hippo wasn't in some way incorporated, considering his popularity.

[quote name='jeremywoods']how come there was no topic on pokemon trainer ash for SMBB???

and why didnt they just name him ash/satoshi?? we all know who he is..[/quote]

Because he's Red.

Wow, i believe many said any sort of pokemon traner isn't going to make it... Now I wonder what his moves will be. wewps, nevermind, saw previous post.

I think the game is done. They're probably just messing with us for the next few months.

Today's update leaves many online/WC24 possibilities open.

various03_070815c-l.jpg

I'm confused about the GC buttons being shown. Especially for something like stickers that should be using the Wiimote. I'm hoping they re-release Wavebirds under the Wii brand, maybe white ones. I love the classic controller but prefer the Wavebird all the way.

[quote name='CouRageouS']
I'm confused about the GC buttons being shown. Especially for something like stickers that should be using the Wiimote. I'm hoping they re-release Wavebirds under the Wii brand, maybe white ones. I love the classic controller but prefer the Wavebird all the way.[/quote]

My guess is that when you sign in with your profile, it adjusts to your preferred controller (the buttons shown on screen change).

The white Wavebirds would be very cool, though I already have four Wavebirds!

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']That seems like a nice add on to the final game.
Man, they're adding all this cool/unique stuff, it's a bit overwhelming.[/QUOTE]
It needs to have everything and more. Once this is out in Dec, there probably won't be another Smash Bros game until the next console.

hmmm, I wonder if they are going to have some sort of online ordering where you can have actual stickers mailed to your house for the low low price of 100 wii points a sticker.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'm hoping they re-release Wavebirds under the Wii brand, maybe white ones. I love the classic controller but prefer the Wavebird all the way.[/QUOTE]
In light of Courageous's reminder here and the lull in news that is, umm, stickers, I have a question for the serious Smash Bros gamers re: wavebirds.

Do you have problems with the Wavebird not registering all of your activity due to the wireless feature? That is to say, the game won't register any kind of simultaneous presses of multiple buttons due to the Wavebird being limited by the nature of the wireless communication between it and the receiver. Does anyone have links/analysis as to whether this is true/false?

When I kart in MKDD for funsies, sure I'll use a wavebird, but if I'm doing some serious time trialing, I have to be wired. If I'm on the wavebird, only 1/3 to 1/2 of my mini-turbos will register. I don't know if this little anecdote holds for the larger case or if I'm just out of my gourd.

[quote name='dothog']In light of Courageous's reminder here and the lull in news that is, umm, stickers, I have a question for the serious Smash Bros gamers re: wavebirds.

Do you have problems with the Wavebird not registering all of your activity due to the wireless feature? That is to say, the game won't register any kind of simultaneous presses of multiple buttons due to the Wavebird being limited by the nature of the wireless communication between it and the receiver. Does anyone have links/analysis as to whether this is true/false?

When I kart in MKDD for funsies, sure I'll use a wavebird, but if I'm doing some serious time trialing, I have to be wired. If I'm on the wavebird, only 1/3 to 1/2 of my mini-turbos will register. I don't know if this little anecdote holds for the larger case or if I'm just out of my gourd.[/quote]

I've never once had a problem with my wavebird being anything less than the best controller I've used. Only time I see it not registering any buttons is when the batteries are crapping out.

Dothog: When DMK showed up a few months ago to play Smash, he insisted he use his own corded controller. I exclusively use Wavebirds since I like the portability, but DMK said there's some lag.

I've never noticed it, but if it's there and anyone knew, it would be him. Again, I've never noticed it, even when we'd play 4 player with Wavebirds. So eh.

As for update:

THIS IS AWESOME
STFU
STFU
THIS IS AWESOME

Stickers are kind of goofy, but also kind of fun. A game like this needs collectibles and plenty of stuff to keep you playing, especially when no friends are around. It would be cool if you could use the stickers to deface the levels. For instance, in the Earthbound city level from SSBM, you could have placed them on the buildings. Goofy, but also kind of fun.

The stickers could be awesome, granted there are a lot of them - at least 1000. Certainly no reason there couldn't be at least 10 times more than that, considering how they're all relatively low-res 2d images. What's more, there'd be a reason this time, unlike with the trophies, to collect more than one of some of them.

[quote name='Strell']Dothog: When DMK showed up a few months ago to play Smash, he insisted he use his own corded controller. I exclusively use Wavebirds since I like the portability, but DMK said there's some lag.

I've never noticed it, but if it's there and anyone knew, it would be him. Again, I've never noticed it, even when we'd play 4 player with Wavebirds. So eh.

As for update:

THIS IS AWESOME
STFU
STFU
THIS IS AWESOME[/quote]

I go corded too.
F yall Wavebird Smashers.

Sitckers?! Stickers?!

That's it, I am not buying this game anymore, it will suck. I am literally angry with rage.

[quote name='Apossum']Sitckers?! Stickers?!

That's it, I am not buying this game anymore, it will suck. I am literally angry with rage.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to beat your ass anyway.

There are much nicer asses to beat. Rounder, firmer. Less hairy. Some even have 42 different flavors!

[quote name='Strell']I didn't want to beat your ass anyway.

There are much nicer asses to beat. Rounder, firmer. Less hairy. Some even have 42 different flavors![/QUOTE]

mine has one flavor. it's kinda like listerine mixed with saline solution.

they better announce Von Kaiser as a newcomer to redeem themselves. (jk, I like dumb collectibles.)

[quote name='Apossum']
they better announce Von Kaiser as a newcomer to redeem themselves. (jk, I like dumb collectibles.)[/QUOTE]

GIVE HIM ZE UPPERCUT!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBER4iVwCw[/MEDIA]

You know how Cartman can't start hearing Come Sail Away without finishing it? That's how I am everytime I see that video posted.

EDIT: I just now finally saw the results of the Nintendo Short Cuts Showcase. That video not even making the finalists is a crime.

A little off topic, but :

Stickers should have been nintendo's achievement system and (as Wombat said in an old CAGCast) you should be able to attach them to your Mii's to showoff your skills.

at first i thought they used the "sticker system" from contact, but i'm pleased that they kept the trophy system AND added this as well

[quote name='rupan_sansei']I love having more stuff to get.[/QUOTE]
Let me introduce you to Donkey Kong 64, and perhaps you haven't met Star Fox Adventures? I'm certain the three of you will be best of chums once you've had a chance to get to know one another. ;)

[quote name='dothog']Let me introduce you to Donkey Kong 64, and perhaps you haven't met Star Fox Adventures? I'm certain the three of you will be best of chums once you've had a chance to get to know one another. ;)[/QUOTE]

Obligatory:

20020927h.gif

[quote name='dothog']Let me introduce you to Donkey Kong 64, and perhaps you haven't met Star Fox Adventures? I'm certain the three of you will be best of chums once you've had a chance to get to know one another. ;)[/QUOTE]

Nah, Smash Bros' trophies are something different. Each one's unique, so it's like collecting trading cards or action figures. Where as all the junk in DK and Star Fox is more like deciding to collect all the pennies you find on the ground one day.

bread's done
Back