Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

"Get over here."

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Lies. The only improvement to the gameplay was the speed increase. Everything else was just needless complication.

Also they transformed Ness from a god to a little bitch, which was unforgivable. :shame:[/QUOTE]
QFT.

But my major problem with Melee was the massive rape to throws. Added way too much recovery time, and they don't have the launching power they did.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Lies. The only improvement to the gameplay was the speed increase. Everything else was just needless complication.

Also they transformed Ness from a god to a little bitch, which was unforgivable. :shame:[/QUOTE]
There were so many things horrible with the 64 version. Not that Melee is perfect. I mean throws where just massive in 64. And the addition of air dodging, spot dodging, more edge recovery options, wall jumping, and wall teching in Melee made the game even more balanced I thought. Once a person was thrown off the stage in 64, they were pretty much dead, as long as a thinking person guarded the edge. And correction... Ness was always a little bitch. Now Pikachu, he was god tier back in 64.

I admit, I was one of the many who were reluctant on going over to Melee and tried to remain on 64 for as long as possible. But after giving Melee a fair chance, I saw that Melee was definitely superior.

[quote name='option.iv']There were so many things horrible with the 64 version. Not that Melee is perfect. I mean throws where just massive in 64. And the addition of air dodging, spot dodging, more edge recovery options, wall jumping, and wall teching in Melee made the game even more balanced I thought. Once a person was thrown off the stage in 64, they were pretty much dead, as long as a thinking person guarded the edge. And correction... Ness was always a little bitch. Now Pikachu, he was god tier back in 64.

I admit, I was one of the many who were reluctant on going over to Melee and tried to remain on 64 for as long as possible. But after giving Melee a fair chance, I saw that Melee was definitely superior.[/QUOTE] And Ness' throw was the most massive of all. :twisted: :lol:

To me the 64 version was simply perfect. As in, perfectly simple. The more things they keep adding in, the more difficult it becomes for new people to jump in and play competitively.

Pikachu was the first character I tried in SSB and the one I stuck with until I unlocked and mastered Ness. Pika is great, but Ness can do a few things that put him over the top. Besides which, he's a bit more difficult, and fun, to use.

I gave Melee more than enough of a chance, but it simple was not as much fun. And that's really what it's all about.

Japanese version of Ashley's theme is better, because it doesn't have a woman-sounding voice for Ashley.

I like the rhythmic overhaul, not crazy about the vocals. I wonder if they are including both, but it sounds like they aren't. Oh well.

Also, you know when you run across people who swear McDonald's food is the best food in the world?

Those are the same people who prefer the N64 Smash to Melee.

You heard me.

[quote name='Strell']Also, you know when you run across people who swear McDonald's food is the best food in the world?

Those are the same people who prefer the N64 Smash to Melee.[/QUOTE] Why don't you go choke on a bag of dicks, supersized? :roll: :bomb: :lol:

You might ask, are the dicks supersized, or just the bag? Both, my friend. Both.

:hot:

But seriously, Melee is shit compared to the awesome that is the original. SSB with the extra characters from Melee added in on the VC would get me to buy a Wii. But that will never happen.

Just for fun ...

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KRkpzFQBkkE[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2J3i9gFKz48[/MEDIA]

Damn, now I want to play. Of course, I've no one to play with at the moment. Also I have to be at work in 5 hours. Shiiit.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']

Damn, now I want to play. Of course, I've no one to play with at the moment. Also I have to be at work in 5 hours. Shiiit.[/QUOTE]

..it's just Ness spamming the same two moves over and over again...

I like how they took everything that was awesome out of Ashley's song; the nearly apathetic voice of the original was what made it fun, not this enthusiastic ashley

[quote name='Yertle']I like how they took everything that was awesome out of Ashley's song; the nearly apathetic voice of the original was what made it fun, not this enthusiastic ashley[/quote]--
good point but I still like it. i definitely think she sounds good grown.

[quote name='InuFaye']That said I have to say Nintendo has done an excellent job marketing this game. The daily updates keep people really interested in this game.[/quote]--
here's another off-update query. Lately the updates have been rather exciting: Kirby FS; ZSS Special Moves; Dodging; Fox's FS; Snake Videos, Newcomer Lucas. Before this however I felt like we weren't really getting those high profile updates that get me excited. Or at least not with any sort of consistency. Now whether you agree with that assessment or not it occurs to me that there is a possibility of burn out. Getting information drop by drop so much might become annoying after an extended period of time. Is anyone else worried about getting burned out?

[quote name='InuFaye']That said I have to say Nintendo has done an excellent job marketing this game. The daily updates keep people really interested in this game.[/quote]here's another off-update query. Lately the updates have been rather exciting: Kirby FS; ZSS Special Moves; Dodging; Fox's FS; Snake Videos, Newcomer Lucas. Before this however I felt like we weren't really getting those high profile updates that get me excited. Or at least not with any sort of consistency. Now whether you agree with that assessment or not it occurs to me that there is a possibility of burn out. Getting information drop by drop so much might become annoying after an extended period of time. Is anyone else worried about getting burned out?

Want to Play Galaxy and Brawl? Visit Nintendo’s Booth at E for All.

You might want to get in line for Nintendo’s booth at the E for All Expo now.

Nintendo will be showing a huge lineup of cool games for both Wii(TM) and Nintendo DS(TM), including the hugely anticipated Super Mario(R) Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. (R) Brawl. The Oct. 18-22 event at the Los Angeles Convention Center will be the first opportunity for the public to get their hands on these games and take them for a test drive.

In addition, Nintendo will host a daily Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. Competitors get a free Wii-themed T-shirt, and a different T-shirt will be available each day of the show.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

[quote name='dallow']Want to Play Galaxy and Brawl? Visit Nintendo’s Booth at E for All.[/quote]

lmao

Bet all the folks that blew off the 25 free E for All passes Cheapy was giving away a couple weeks ago are kicking themselves now.

[quote name='Tybee']lmao

Bet all the folks that blew off the 25 free E for All passes Cheapy was giving away a couple weeks ago are kicking themselves now.[/quote]E for All itself is fairly cheap... it's the associated costs of travel and lodgings that are killer.

[quote name='botticus']E for All itself is fairly cheap... it's the associated costs of travel and lodgings that are killer.[/quote]

No doubt, but surely there are 25 CAGs in L.A. that would have been more motivated to get passes had they known these games were going to be there. Cheapy couldn't even get 25 people to post in the thread to claim them.

Unless you live in LA already though, it's a hell you don't want to endure for any game. Really, California is a shithole that no amount of great new games can make ok.

[quote name='hohez']Unless you live in LA already though, it's a hell you don't want to endure for any game. Really, California is a shithole that no amount of great new games can make ok.[/quote]

Hahahaha

[quote name='Tybee']Bet all the folks that blew off the 25 free E for All passes Cheapy was giving away a couple weeks ago are kicking themselves now.[/QUOTE]I know I am. My friend in LA has been harassing me to visit her, too. Ah well.

[quote name='hohez']Unless you live in LA already though, it's a hell you don't want to endure for any game. Really, California is a shithole that no amount of great new games can make ok.[/QUOTE] When I saw that you're in Texas this statement became that much funnier. :lol:

I used to live in LA... I'd play the waiting game and refuse to drive up there. Free shirts and a couple hours of playing time doesn't seem worth the whole ordeal, unless you live in LA of course or were planning to go to the event anyway (like who was?).

Anyone have any requests for me to do while I'm there? I could wear a Halo 3 shirt at the Brawl booth to mix things up.

[quote name='Wolfkin']--
good point but I still like it. i definitely think she sounds good grown.
[/quote]
Yeah, the song is different, but I like both versions.

And did the new english version of the song slightly remind anyone else of the theme song to Freakazoid? I'm not a huge fan of the show or anything, but that song sticks in your head, apparently enough so that something as unrelated as this song will call forth those memories from the recesses of your mind.

[quote name='Zen Davis']So Luigi hasn't been confirmed?[/QUOTE]
lug4x18x04x02xg.jpg

OH NOES!!!

Good point though.

I don't think we have to worry about Luigi being in Super Smash Brothers.
I would bet that his proton pack vacuum cleaner will be a special move like how Mario has FLUDD.

bread's done
Back