Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='The 7th Number']Has anyone seen this youtube video, its boss battle on intense. This guy gets through it all with no hearts, and some bosses without even getting hit. Anyway, i had 2 questions.

1. How do you do that side step move during the tabuu fight when he does those 3 rings moves.

2. What in the world is that at 1:32 when he goes from 73% damage to 0% by blocking those shots that are fired at him. Is that a special move for lucas, or something about that boss that i never knew?[/quote]I can't see the video at work but sounds like:

1. Block and down does the sidestep move.
I used this as well to dodge that stupid insta-kill attack he does.

2. Lucas and Ness have a move which absorbs energy-type projectiles and such.

I wanna play brawl right now (1:30 central) but no one is online. If you would like to play send me a friend request. My code is in my sig. But tell me if you add me so I can add you.

I like how you posted the question as a comment on the youtube video too. I don't know because I don't play with Lucas, but I think dallow is right or at least seems right.

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']I like how you posted the question as a comment on the youtube video too. I don't know because I don't play with Lucas, but I think dallow is right or at least seems right.[/quote]

Well i posted it there first, then figured i could get an answer here faster. :D

Dallow was right on that one. You can also reflect projectiles with the Starfox characters, Zelda, and Pit. Theoretically, you could even use Mr. G&W's bucket to gather them...

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It feels amazing to reflect almost all of Meta Ridley's projectiles back at him for more than 50% damage.[/quote]

When I read this, I read 'Meta Ridley' as 'Meta Knight,' and almost replied with that assumption in mind.

As it turns out, Hooked on Phonics didn't work for me.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It feels amazing to reflect almost all of Meta Ridley's projectiles back at him for more than 50% damage.[/quote]As someone who just did a boss run as Wolf, I can indeed confirm this.

Wait, what projectiles can you absorb from the bosses? I tried to absorb that pokemon's hyperbeam once and it didn't work, so I just assumed that they wouldn't allow you to absorb the boss's attacks.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Wait, what projectiles can you absorb from the bosses? I tried to absorb that pokemon's hyperbeam once and it didn't work, so I just assumed that they wouldn't allow you to absorb the boss's attacks.[/quote]

The only one i saw was from Duon, when he shoots blue lights at you.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Gonna play now, who's in?[/quote]
I'm on now if you want to play. PM me your code and I'll PM you back with mine.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I think you can absorb some of Meta Ridley's fireballs, but I'm too scared to try it.[/quote]
I guess I'll have to run through it on easy to find out.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Made a new room. Anyone joining best have items turned off.[/quote]
I have to go now, but thanks for playing with me.

I changed my router channel from 11 to 1 and the lag is significantly less. I'll still getting input lag and that's messing up timing terribly, but oh it's so much better now.

[quote name='suko_32']I changed my router channel from 11 to 1 and the lag is significantly less. I'll still getting input lag and that's messing up timing terribly, but oh it's so much better now.[/quote]

If you are playing tonight I would like to test it out. My connections with you have been laggy as hell.

Also, does anyone know if my name displays as ADS or Matt when I am brawling? My settings file is set to "Matt," and that is what I see when I am online but I wasn't sure what others see.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']If you are playing tonight I would like to test it out. My connections with you have been laggy as hell.

Also, does anyone know if my name displays as ADS or Matt when I am brawling? My settings file is set to "Matt," and that is what I see when I am online but I wasn't sure what others see.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be on brawl again later tonight around 10 EST after my business law exam. Expect me do make spacey & stupid moves. Take out your tournament round 1 loss on me :whee:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No need to flood the Wii Forum with a whole bunch of SSBB threads. Merged the "Online Only Talk" thread into this one.[/quote]
????
this thread has already been flooded with comments like "oh, I think sonic's going to make the list".
Plus, like i've said before, stuff like "oh, i got the game today, and it seems pretty average" doesn't mix with "anyone wanna play the game now?". I demand it to be reversed.

And what do you mean their's tons of threads. There's only 3.. The tournament one will be closed once it's done. Im sure everyone else will agree online discussion is different from general discussion. Plus, if anything, this thread should have been closed.

I'm kinda with Blackbird here. Wading through two pages of "hey, good game" or "sorry I disconnected" or "Anyone wanna play?" to find comments and questions related the the game is not all that fun. Especially when each page takes five minutes to fully load.

[quote name='suko_32']We could make the friend code topic the online discussion.[/QUOTE]
but then naes would be searching page after page looking for friend codes...

[quote name='blackbird3216']but then naes would be searching page after page looking for friend codes...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I deleted my post after thinking about it.

Tried to get people to use it , but I'm still suggesting getting someone to permanently host an IRC channel for online related Brawl stuff.

If enough people use it, it'd be a lot easier to find games, trade FCs, chat, run live tourneys, etc.

[quote name='aTOH']Tried to get people to use it , but I'm still suggesting getting someone to permanently host an IRC channel for online related Brawl stuff.

If enough people use it, it'd be a lot easier to find games, trade FCs, chat, run live tourneys, etc.[/QUOTE]

I'd be able to do that.

I don't think there are enough IRC users on CAG to justify it though.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Still playing, and I added you Hero.[/quote]

I'm gonna add you Cklear and Hero, PMs are on their way

I shall be available later tonight for Brawlings.

CK, I believe I owe you a Mage Punch, or whatever the hell it is called.

Of course, that requires me unlocking Ganondork. I should get on that. (That's what she said.)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I;m gonna go get some KFC and then I'll do some ass-kicking-recieving[/QUOTE]
Game made, you're one of the few people who isn't a red orb to me.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Game made, you're one of the few people who isn't a red orb to me.[/QUOTE]

What do the orbs mean? I have about 8 people reg'd, about 20 people "Connecting" and one that had a red orb which now appears to be orange. This is the only one that has ever shown the "orb" dealie. That would be Suko if you're out there ;).

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Connection strength from the last time you played with them, I believe. Red = bad, green = good.[/QUOTE]

But I haven't played online with anyone yet :whistle2:k... And I believe his is still one of the "Connecting..." ones (or whatever it says - "Awaiting registration"?).

I'm playing at a new location than I have been in the past, so I need someone to test it with me. So if someone wants in my room, it's open. Please join - I have 45 minutes before hero and I need to throw down.

bread's done
Back