Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site! Discussions Inside. Release Date: December 3, 2007

[quote name='Tybee']Oh, I dunno. I'd say Link's swallowed a few bananas here and there.

Ahem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MarioColbert']Link always chews his food well. That's why he's so strong that he can kill Ganon. I don't like where this is going.
[/QUOTE]

NO HE DOESN'T

HE DRINKS MILK

LOTS AND LOTS OF MI-

OMG

[quote name='Mr. Beef']So a Mario basketball game akin to the likes of NBA Jam?

Actually, that'd be pretty bad-ass...[/quote]:drool: :drool: :drool:

[quote name='seanr1221']*wants to set it up so his foe slips on a peel and into a mine*[/QUOTE]

Stuff like this is what makes me

[quote name='bigcomicbookfan']:bomb: :whistle2:# :booty: :bouncy: how can you guys talk about a game that isnt even out yet??? :) :D :D[/QUOTE]

I do it without using every smiley I can think of. That's just one way.

[quote name='dallow']Stop using every damn smiley in every post you make![/quote]

Also notice the Best Buy tag in the title. Fantastic.

:cold: [quote name='Lan_Zer0']Also notice the Best Buy tag in the title. Fantastic.[/quote]:hot: :hot::cold: :bomb: :bouncy: How can he say it's a good deal at Best Buy when the game isn't even out yet? ;) ;) :D

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Speaking of giant gorillas, I wonder if Ganondorf shall be using his bright glowing sword of show-offyness?[/quote]complete with his TP character model and wicked laugh

[quote name='maigoyume']complete with his TP character model and wicked laugh[/quote]He was way huge, although I couldn't take him very seriously, thanks to his ridiculous hair.

My favorite Ganondorf is the WindWaker one. Going face to face with him was exciting (first time around).

Predictions for tomorrow's post? (Satistically, sooner or later someone will be dead the fuck on, and the rest of us will all be like "whaaaaaa?")

Well, I doubt that they're going to debute another character this week, but I'm predicting that we're going to see Donkey Kong. And if not Donkey Kong, then we'll be treated to the good ol' fashioned Baseball Bat.

[quote name='suko_32']I'll laugh/cry if they put the lightning bolt or blue shell from Mario Kart[/quote]It'll give me more blue shells to dodge, I suppose. Although I couldn't dodge them in Mario Kart DS...

Wow, I'm impressed. I wasn't expecting this at all, but it's a nice thing to have. Perhaps it can be possible to map the controller so that up =/= jump anymore?

Yeah, I'm thinking they're limited to 4 (or 5) letters, as they look pretty squeezed in the boxes, and they only use 4 letter names entirely except for Tom.

My real first name is precisely 4 characters in length. I love it for that.

The hints they be dropping about the controls and whatnot... I'm scratching my head. But I like what I'm hearing.

Hmmm. This update is very interesting. Almost makes me wish there was more memory on the controller for devs to play with.

I do wonder if this creates a situation where lesser players can even the game mechanics a bit. For example (and I think someone mentioned this earlier), removing the ability for up on the dpad/control stick to cause you to jump, and instead only use it for attacking and smashes. 'Course better players just deal with this, and have trained themselves to do so, which (again) makes me think it might level the game a bit (somewhat unfairly to the more dexterous players).

Maybe it's more complex than that. Hmmm.

The character-selection screen is still a secret!

*raises fist*

[quote name='Strell']*raises fist*[/quote]

Reax, Che. It'll be there after we know who is in the game. You have high blood pressure. You're not allowed salt.

Last chance this week to put in a prediction that is actually CORRECT. Don't forget, kids, Friday updates are usually "sweet." And I'm using your responses to write my thesis on the topic of "lim t-> inf. of f(Sakurai) does not exist due to oscillation between mundane and awesome."

Hyrule Temple. Again.

[quote name='MarioColbert']And I'm using your responses to write my thesis on the topic of "lim t-> inf. of f(Sakurai) does not exist due to oscillation between mundane and awesome."[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='EXStrike']:applause:[/quote]
See, I knew you'd appreciate it from:

[quote name='EXStrike']Hyrule Temple. Again.[/quote]

Your odds improve every day!

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm going to guess that the next update will be that stupid metal fan that does nothing and no one ever picks up.[/QUOTE]

Bitch is you kidding? I love that thing.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm going to guess that the next update will be that stupid metal fan that does nothing and no one ever picks up.[/QUOTE]

obviously u have no idea how to use the fan

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']obviously u have no idea how to use the fan[/quote] I must not, I'm not a hard core smash brothers fan, and no one I knew ever used it. ;)

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm going to guess that the next update will be that stupid metal fan that does nothing and no one ever picks up.[/quote]thats my favourite weapon man, i love OHKO shields with that

heh it was Hyrule, actually it was a decent update detailing Wario's B moves and surprise surprise, Wario Waft isn't the super special.

Hmm Wario moves look neat so far. I wonder how the Wario Cycle will work if you turn off items. This might be a very clear FU to people who play without items if it stays on screen even after you've turned off items.

The waft is a great idea (move that grows with power the less you use it). The "chopper" there left me confused. I only can think of Yoshi's Egg and Jiggly's natural B move (when Jiggly rides spinnaz also cocks). And the bike can get stolen? No, I don't understand that mechanic at all.

[quote name='MarioColbert']The waft is a great idea (move that grows with power the less you use it). The "chopper" there left me confused. I only can think of Yoshi's Egg and Jiggly's natural B move (when Jiggly rides spinnaz also cocks). And the bike can get stolen? No, I don't understand that mechanic at all.[/quote]

Maybe if he eats food, or a heart/tomatoe, it'll regain it's power.

Hmm Wario moves look neat so far. I wonder how the Wario Cycle will work if you turn off items. This might be a very clear FU to people who play without items if it stays on screen even after you've turned off items.
That's why I like Peach as she always creates her own items.
Love it when she pulls out a Bo-Bomb out of nowhere.

[quote name='dallow']Love it when she pulls out a Bo-Bomb out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

What?

Never seen this happen, and this is even with playing with DrMarioKart, who somehow found a way to pull Peach's items in the fucking character selection screen I swear.

[quote name='Strell']What?

Never seen this happen, and this is even with playing with DrMarioKart, who somehow found a way to pull Peach's items in the fucking character selection screen I swear.[/quote]

It's rare but it'll happen after a while.

I believe she can pull out a Pokeball sometimes as well, but the Ba-Bomb is more frequent.

I pull out turnips like a robot though.
Love when I get the Ba-Bomb in a no items game and everyone is like WTF?

(EDIT: One must be careful, as the Bomb has killed me a few times. In close quarters, I would just constantly throw them, sometimes the I get the bomb and don't notice, or notice too late, and boom, there I go.)

The mechanics of the motorcycle are kind of confusing? Can other players ride the motorcycle? If not, can other Warios ride the motorcycle? Only time will tell...

[quote name='Kaijufan']I must not, I'm not a hard core smash brothers fan, and no one I knew ever used it. ;)[/quote]

Even if you don't use it as an attack item, the fan is great for throws. Sends enemies flying straight up into the air.

[quote name='dallow']It's rare but it'll happen after a while.

I believe she can pull out a Pokeball sometimes as well, but the Ba-Bomb is more frequent.

I pull out turnips like a robot though.
Love when I get the Ba-Bomb in a no items game and everyone is like WTF?

(EDIT: One must be careful, as the Bomb has killed me a few times. In close quarters, I would just constantly throw them, sometimes the I get the bomb and don't notice, or notice too late, and boom, there I go.)[/quote]I think it's about a 1/300-something chance, but Peach can pull out a Bomb, Beam Sword, or Mr. Saturn, a.k.a Shield Eater Extroardinaire.

That's right. No pokeball.

I rarely pull out the beam sword. Only has happened a few times.
I get lots of Mr. Saturn though, and see bombs more often than the sword.

One of my friends pulls out Beam Swords like they're going out of style. Everytime I prepare for the "dead turnip" (the one that does 30% damage), it's a sword, and I get the beating of a lifetime.

bread's done
Back