Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site! Discussions Inside. Release Date: December 3, 2007

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Plus just holding it down doesn't do the full combo, I gathered.[/quote]

That is what I assumed

We get some weird updates, like picturing the controllers and this one is along those lines too. Maybe a new character tomorrow on the site or sometime this week at E3, I'm thinking they'll confirm 4 characters this week one of the being new, and probably delaying the game until March '08. It not being playable is frightening and the site says "planned" 2007 release. Nintendo is famous for pulling the hood over their fan base when it comes to release dates and this smells like another instance.

It not being playable doesn't mean anything, expecially if we go by what Kojima said. This E3 is a smaller event by far, so they decide to focus on newer titles. They ARE supposed to announce release dates on Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy.

Also for playability, there still is TGS, if Nintendo decides to show up.

Do we really need a playable SSBB at E3? Everyone knows how Melee plays, and Brawl isn't going to be very different. I would rather have the developers focusing on finishing the game then putting together a playable demo.

[quote name='supershammy']Is SHFFL any different than 236K in terms of elitist terminology?[/QUOTE]
I was trying to get at the idea that smash is both easy to pick up and that there is another level of expertise to get into. SHFFL is definitely "elitism" but a two input combination versus a 236p would definitely seem more appealing to a new player.

Assist Trophy update. I hope they don't show too much of them, its the kind of thing that you want to be surprised of when you're playing.

Actually, that makes me feel a lot better about the game. If someone totally random like Dr.Wright from the SNES Sim City is in, then most if not all the characters I'm hoping for should be in some form. I'm thinking anyone from Punch-Out, anyone from Ouendan/EBA, Mike Jones from StarTropics, random bosses from any Zelda game, etc.

This IS exciting. That specific assist trophy is a good idea, and I'm liking that ANYONE may just pop out!

I have a feeling that nearly anyone/everyone will appear in this game..even if it's just a cameo appearance.

Question: Would you guys like there to be more assist trophy characters, then playable?

I'm sure there's going to be a few assist trophies that are gonna break some hearts...we'd much rather have THAT person as a playable, then as an assit. But overall, I wouldn't mind having more assist trophies then playable characters. Def would add much to the chaos :)

Kinda with Courageous - I want these to be surprising. Besides, they could endlessly update us with them. Ehh.

I'm the mayor now, bitch!

I do hope they keep some secrets.

Part of the fun of Melee and the first one were the surprises in the Pokeballs.
And which characters you unlocked.
I never read previews for those games.

The images were slow to load, so at first, all I saw was the headline that said, Dr Wright, and I thought to myself:
lightpn4.gif
?

They'll keep plenty of secrets though. It is my understanding that they did a similar thing with Melee. Didnt even hit all the characters

Holy crud, scared me for a second. I didn't read the update that closely and thought that they were announcing the Mayor as a playable character.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Holy crud, scared me for a second. I didn't read the update that closely and thought that they were announcing the Mayor as a playable character.[/quote]

So did I...

That would be funny if they did.

I want there to be less character announcements. Surprises are fun

I am loving the assist tropheys. I just hope that have like 8,000 of them with every Nintendo character not playable in brawl (that is not a pokemon). Although I do agree about the surprise factor, I myself want to be surprised at what is in the game but I do want to know if sonic/megaman is or isn't in the game, so I can start drooling right now, lol.

The skyscraper attack is fresh. Mega fresh. If there was a shadow of a doubt about assist trophies, the skyscrapers bled sunshine upon it. (There never was, though.)

I hope there'll be a decision that I dislike. It's unnatural otherwise.

Dr Wright's skyscraper attack looks awesome. I can't wait to see even more of the assist trophies, and I really hope we get a ton of them, both first and third party characters.

Oh man.

If we get this guy, we need King Hippo and Bald Bull.

I will Bald Bull your fucking ass into oblivion.

Just like your mom.

O crap, a Bull Charge, The BEST move in all of video games, it that returns, forget online play or tons of characters, thats the selling point.

What level of controller customization will we have? I mean, is it just your simple "what button does what" or something a bit more complicated? I mean, the Wii Remote's default mode has a smash attack at 1+2, so you think there would be a way to change that?

Looking at the screenshots for the assist trophy attacks it seems like your character changes into the character rather than just summoning them. Is this just my own perspective or did anyone else notice/think this?

I agree. Definitely looks like your player disappears temporarily during the use of the assistant. The hammer bro is in the same location Kirby was when he was holding the trophy in the introduction update and only three actual players at most have been shown on screen with the assistant. Plus, it would also make a lot of sense for the Nintendog assist since it wouldn't hinder your character if you're not there.

If that's the case, I really like the idea since it helps to differentiate the item from the pokeballs.

But if you're playing a one-on-one match and you transform into a nintendog than what is the point? It's not like it would bother the character since s/he is the only one on the stage. I'm confused.

Sonic will be a playable character, if he isn't I'll eat my underwear, and post the video on YouTube for all of your enjoyment.

(Although I'd rather see Mega Man as a playable character myself.)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']still waiting for a assist character named Dirty Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

i would think a DK donkey punch would be enough for you

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i would think a DK donkey punch would be enough for you[/QUOTE]
only if it worked on Zelda.

I think the Nintendog assist character might be the equivalent of the Goldeen pokeball. Just kind of useless and piss people off that they didn't get something sweet.

Other option could be the Nintendog hurts everybody on the screen or just blocks your view so that you might die from some unseen attack or enviromental effect.

[quote name='prisonerac']Other option could be the Nintendog hurts everybody on the screen or just blocks your view so that you might die from some unseen attack or enviromental effect.[/quote]

I declare you the winner.

Expecting really good update tomorrow with Nintendo's E3 conference today.

And yay for bumpers. So annoying in SSB, but missed them in Melee.

I stand corrected. I really saw this coming out next year but Nintendo surprised me by going with an additional AAA title this holiday season. Although it is July and thats a long way from December so I'll believe this when I have it in my hands on the 3rd. But I am more confident that an actual date has been named.

[quote name='Rig']An all-star cast of the biggest names in the video game world are coming to Wii, to duke it out in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. December 3, 2007 has been announced as the official launch date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl in North America.

http://e3.nintendo.com/wii_supersmashbros.html[/QUOTE]

omfg, goes on OP. I'll have a great winter holiday!

DK has been announced on the official site as well as putting up the official date and showing the new E3 video.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']
dkre9.png

Donkey Kong for a split second in the E3 clips.[/quote]

bread's done
Back