Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site! Discussions Inside. Release Date: December 3, 2007

[quote name='SMMM']new trailer leaked. im speechless..

[/QUOTE]

I hate you so very much right now.

[quote name='FallMoon']What is one day in Japanese time?[/QUOTE]

according to a friend, they have 32 hour days.

Only a couple hours :3

52awtw4vf2.jpg

My friend lives in Japan, and I believe he is some 14 hours ahead of me. That means right now it's midnight or later for him.

If that is the case, then there's a chance that the actual information won't appear until Tuesday in Japan, meaning we might not get it until much later today (at night).

I hope that isn't the case. In fact I hope after I post this that the site updates 10 minutes later.

[quote name='Strell']My friend lives in Japan, and I believe he is some 14 hours ahead of me. That means right now it's midnight or later for him.

If that is the case, then there's a chance that the actual information won't appear until Tuesday in Japan, meaning we might not get it until much later today (at night).

I hope that isn't the case. In fact I hope after I post this that the site updates 10 minutes later.[/quote]
Nintendo states on their official site that the news won't be released til afternoon May 22nd, japan time. Right now its 4 o clock AM.

[quote name='MarioColbert']It's official. STARTING TODAY.... MarioColbert is pissed off.[/quote] Relax. It will update soon.

...and by soon I mean anytime from now until 7 or so hours from now.

[quote name='suko_32']So it starts at 4 PM EST? Also, I love Super Punch-Out![/quote]
No.

Since there is a Nintendo event tomorrow (22nd) Id expect some media in the next 24 hours, if not on the Smash site it will be appearing at other sites (IGN, 1up, etc.)

[quote name='Foolman']Since there is a Nintendo event tomorrow (22nd) Id expect some media in the next 24 hours, if not on the Smash site it will be appearing at other sites (IGN, 1up, etc.)[/quote]
I wouldn't be surprised to see some Brawl media tomorrow, but I would think Nintendo will keep most of the good stuff for E3 this July. I'm guessing we'll get a lot of media on Battalion Wars 2, Mario Strikers, and Metroid Prime 3 tomorrow.

Tuesday in Japan started at roughly 10 AM for us Americans (at least those in central time, give or take an hour). That means it is basically almost 1 PM right now in Japan.

Joystiq is full of fucking idiots to act like nothing is going to happen. The day isn't even fucking half over.

Have some patience, people. Damn.

Well, I do think it's quite silly for them not to have it updated yet, but to be honest, it's not even Tuesday here. East coast CAGers might bitch, btu for about 45 more minutes I'll be patient as hell.

If we're going to talk about what needs to be in this game, the only thing I really want at this point is for the EBA/Ouendan Squad to be in the game. I don't care how they're in as long as they're in. An item summoning them to make everyone else dance would be good. A level with them dancing/cheering in the background would also be great. The best would be as a playable character, but then how would they choose which ones? Being able to fight as Commander Khan would be pure awesomeness, but I think they'd go with Captain Kai & Agent Chieftan.

I bet their tryin to quickly ship out the games.

Lol, the faces of all the hardcore fans looking at the updated site...

THE GAME IS OUT!!! GET YOURS NOW!!!

and everyone will rush to the stores in a crazy angry mob. That'll be funny.

[quote name='AmigoOne']I bet their tryin to quickly ship out the games.

Lol, the faces of all the hardcore fans looking at the updated site...

THE GAME IS OUT!!! GET YOURS NOW!!!

and everyone will rush to the stores in a crazy angry mob. That'll be funny.[/quote]

I would rush out right now and call in sick at work the rest of the week and not go to school :applause:

[quote name='chodax']I would rush out right now and call in sick at work the rest of the week and not go to school :applause:[/quote]You forgot the no sleeping part of it. I would not sleep just sit there and play smash bros brawl trying to unlock the various crap.

About time...I was just on my way to bed!

EDIT: The Wii remote icon is sideways on the "How to Play" section. Maybe we won't be using GC controllers...

Unfortunately, looks like it'll be updated regularly so there's nothing interesting up at the moment. Though, the list of people contributing to the game and their past (music) works is kinda interesting.

Well nothing earth shattering, but non the less the new site layout is nice and that music list is just godly.

Anyone catch the line "Smash Bros. DOJO Launches with Daily Weekday Updates!"

Could it be that every day they release more info before the release date? Could it be right now this is just a teaser and then tomorrow they release more info and so on every day until release?

[quote name='The Crotch']I knew playing on more game of SC would be worth it.[/QUOTE]Hah, ditto. Except I was redoing the campaign.

Okay, not much up, but it's a start. I hope their daily updates are really daily.

Edit: Hey, do you guys think the musician list hints at what characters will be in game?

That music list is godly.

Take a look at the list there and then see the comment "This is dangerous. It's a little risky."

I really really hope that means that there's more crossover characters...

Dante and Gene in Brawl would be godly.

Sheesh, they can't even commit to an MSRP yet? :rofl:

I would HOPE this is $50 and they aren't considering bumping hotter releases like this to $60. (And no way is this coming out at $40 or less). I'll just assume they just haven't gotten around to that yet, or, more likely, don't want to put a price out there until they have a release date. Still, would have been better to leave it off than say "TBD".

Last I heard from Iwata and Reggie, and that was back in the day before Wii landed (heh), yet I recall both of them making strong points that their new games will have the old price tag. This isn't really much of an argument, and even less of a convincing post, but I'm a man of few faiths, yet Nintendo's where I make an exception..

[quote name='io']Sheesh, they can't even commit to an MSRP yet? :rofl:

I would HOPE this is $50 and they aren't considering bumping hotter releases like this to $60. (And no way is this coming out at $40 or less). I'll just assume they just haven't gotten around to that yet, or, more likely, don't want to put a price out there until they have a release date. Still, would have been better to leave it off than say "TBD".[/quote]

[quote name='pop311']Wait, so is the music orquestral? or is it the fake kind (like in Zelda TP)?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a real one complete with chorus if the song featured in the first trailer is a proper indication. Also, there is a new song at the bottom on the music page, listen for yourself.

Jesus fucking christ. Motoi Sakuraba, Noriyuki Iwadare, Yoko Shimomura, Yasunori Mitsuda, on the SAME team? I just pissed my pants. The music will be godly. And Nobuo Uematsu DID do the main theme.... Ohh man.

Just looking at the list of musicians, Nintendo is definitely doing right by Super Smash Bros. Brawl and if they're loading the music as much as the rest of the game, Brawl is going to be fantastic.

Calling it.

Best Soundtrack of all time.

Heard it here first, folks.

bread's done
Back