Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site! Discussions Inside. Release Date: December 3, 2007

From Neogaf

[quote name='DefectiveReject']Gamecube without Duct Tape
1348.jpg

smashbrosmelee1.jpg

Gamecubes with Duct Tape
stage01_070522d-l.jpg

stage01_070522a-l.jpg
[/quote]

So if they're using composers from Square-Enix, Konami, Capcom, and Sega, I guess it would be a safe bet they're using characters from those games.

So here's what I'm hoping for.

KONAMI
-Snake (already in it)
-Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
-Alucard (Castlevania)
-Dracula (Castlevania)
-Frogger (Frogger)
-Bayou Billy (The Adventures of Bayou Billy)

SEGA
-Sonic (Sonic)
-Knuckles (Sonic)
-Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
-Max (Shinning Force)
-Ax Battler (Golden Axe)
-Tyris Flare (Golden Axe)
-Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)
-Joe "Shinobi" Musashi (Shinobi)
-Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
-Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)
-Toe Jam & Earl (Toejam & Earl)
-Ulala (Space Channel 5)

CAPCOM
-Mega Man (Mega Man)
-Zero (Mega Man)
-Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
-Super Joe (Bionic Commando)
-Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
-Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
-Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
-Arthur (Ghouls & Ghosts)
-Balanka (Street Fighter 2)
-Mike Haggar (Final Fight)

SQUARE-ENIX
-Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
-Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
-The Master (ActRaiser)
-Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean)
-Crono (Cronotrigger)
-Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
-Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
-A Pack of Moogles (Final Fantasy)
-Edgar Roni Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)
-Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)

NINTENDO (new characters to SSB)
-Mike Jones (StarTropics)
-Lolo & Lala (Adventures of Lolo)
-R.O.B. (Nintendo Entertainment System dohickey)
-Super Macho Man (Punch Out!!)
-A Pack of Pikmin (Pikmin)
-Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
-Ray (Custom Robo)
-Starfy (Legend of Starfy, a japan-only game)
-Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter)
-Your own Mii (Nintendo Wii)

Just because they are using composers that once did something else, you conclude that its a safe bet that characters from the IP that they worked with at some point will be in the game?

I dont think it works like that.

I REALLY hope they don't overload on 3rd party characters. Yes, I love simon belmont, alucard, and so on as much as other people, but they'd just be stupidly out of place in a Smash Bros. game. Now Mega Man (not X, the original blue bomber) would fit right in; "cute", unrealistic style, and started on the NES. I could also concievably see Sonic in there, but his 'tude' would get annoying.

I bet $5: no more than ONE more 3rd party character apart from Snake.

You have to accept the bet to be eligible for $5. You also have to accept it BEFORE the announcement of the characters. (It's not fun to bet on yesterday's news.) If I think you're an asshole, I won't accept the bet out of sheer principle, like if you're that dude who thinks all Nintendo shit is "kiddie" and all Nintendo fans are stupid. Yes, I know you're entitled to your bullshit opinion, but I'm entitled to mine, which mostly revolves around the fact that you are a manberries enthusiast.. The person willing to bet must have PayPal or have means to accept Credit Cards (Visa or Discover) to be eligible to recieve payment on the bet. If you accept, no take-backs are allowed.

I'm quite happy they have an RSS feed. I Google Reader-ed it up, so now I don't even have to wait for it to update, I'll be alerted the moment it is done. I love the internet, because it constantly invents new ways for me to do as little as possible while doing something that is pretty fucking lazy to begin with.

My predictions if we get characters from those companies

Konami - Snake (duh)

Sega - Sonic

Capcom - Megaman

Square-enix - Mog

And that's it, all the rest will be Nintendo characters.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']From Neogaf[/QUOTE]
I don't see much of a difference. I mean, the graphics style looks different, but it isn't a huge step up from Melee.

Still, this game is going to kick ass...or so I hope.

[quote name='Foolman']Survivor Charlie, you are going to be so disappointed.[/quote]

lol, no shit.
That's some list that will never see the light of day.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't see much of a difference. I mean, the graphics style looks different, but it isn't a huge step up from Melee.
[/quote]

My favorite thing about Melee is in its superb animation. The attention to detail and whatnot is staggering. If you don't know what I mean, go to Training, and set the speed to 1/4. Then set the camera style to "Zoom" and then show off some moves. The little distortions that they use (fists become larger while punching, Ness goes all "wavy" during jump, and Pichu/Pikachu/Mewtwo's bad ass Teleportation distortions are all really really bad ass. If Brawl improves the animation even by a small factor (i.e. more frames and more detail), the game will look incredible and spectacular and will feel like a massive step up from Melee. New textures for Mario and Link alone warrant a "w00t."

Since I'm not a huge fan of Virtua Fighter Series, Super Smash Bros. Melee is "the ultimate fighting game" as far as I'm concerned. I've never gotten so much mileage out of any fighting game, and to be honest, not very many games at all. Last I checked my stats, I've put in more than 200 hours into the game on my system. That doesn't count playing it at a friend's house.

Brawl looks like it doesn't fix what ain't broke. All I'm waiting for now is the release date, but a character list is a nice bit of info to know, 'cuz that can get you pumped.

So....... does this mean the game will have original music for stages?
Or are they composing variations on the famous theme music?

[quote name='dallow']So....... does this mean the game will have original music for stages?
Or are they composing variations on the famous theme music?[/quote]i'm thinking it'll be a bit of new and a bit of old

I don't honestly think they will all be in there, just a big list of guys they COULD use.

But yeah, why else would they hire the composers? They're going to use a theme specific to a character for their own level. That means at least one character from each of those companies will be in the game.

You know what would really be funny? If one of the characters was a giant living Super NES and another playable character was a giant, living Genesis? Hell, they could finally settle the whole 16 Bit War thing right there.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']You know what would really be funny? If one of the characters was a giant living Super NES and another playable character was a giant, living Genesis? Hell, they could finally settle the whole 16 Bit War thing right there.[/QUOTE]

You really shouldn't make suggestions like this, because I'm going to be very sad when they don't come true. :(

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']You know what would really be funny? If one of the characters was a giant living Super NES and another playable character was a giant, living Genesis? Hell, they could finally settle the whole 16 Bit War thing right there.[/QUOTE]

They could do the same with the Master System and the NES except no one would have any idea what the Master System was*.

*Somewhere the 7800 is upset that it wasnt used in this poor joke.

[quote name='FallMoon']Sonic won't be in this game.[/quote]

Can you confirm this? Do you work for Nintendo?

Don't be so pessimistic!

[quote name='FallMoon']Sonic won't be in this game.[/quote]Yet Sonic and Mario are in an olympic game together, now unless you show me proof, don't be so pessimistic about it.

From NeoGaf's comparison shots, eh, not a huge difference.
That's ok.

I'd still play it even if it looked like the 64 version.

[quote name='suko_32']Go:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

Nothing super interesting at the moment. It appears like it'll be updated regulary. The only interesting thing I saw was the line-up of musicians who are contributing to Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The main page says it'll have daily weekday updates. It's planned for a 07 release.[/quote]

The reason it drew my attention is because Yuzo Koshiro is involved. I am now more pysced then ever. Melee had an awsome soundtrack. Brawl will surpass it beyond belief.

Edit: It says in the site that they asked all those composers to listen to and rearrange their favorite Nintendo music. Wouldn't it be sweet if a pre-order deal were to be that CD compialation as a bonus for pre-orders. I would even pay extra for a SSB:Brawl Special Edition if it came with such a cd. Hell, let people who register their games through Nintendo.com earn it if they register so many games. It's now in my prayers!

Imho, there's quite a bit of difference in the two versions. Sure, the models look to be similar poly counts, but the textures in Brawl look better.

i am not saying the pics from the two different games are night and day, but melee is def more detailed. it could look like brawl, but as long as it has online play i wouldnt give a flying fuCk

Haha. I wonder how many people would be disappointed if there was no online play or it really sucked?-- a lack of modes for instance. I mean disappointment to the leve that they would not purchase the game.

I've been playing Melee for too long now to the point that I'm almost bored with it. I've been playing Smackdown: HCTP! because the rest of the wwe games suck. Need some new blood...............

[quote name='kmartbum001']Haha. I wonder how many people would be disappointed if there was no online play or it really sucked?-- a lack of modes for instance.[/quote]

Lack of modes?
There's something else other than VS?

And what do you mean how many people would be disappointed if the game really sucked?
I believe, everyone, would be disappointed. That's just logical.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i am not saying the pics from the two different games are night and day, but melee is def more detailed. it could look like brawl, but as long as it has online play i wouldnt give a flying fuCk[/quote]

I see you already don't give a flying shaq-fu, to the extent of mixing up Melee and Brawl, 'cuz you're just punk like that. ;)

I kid, I kid.

[quote name='Strell']You're in Japan. Go punch Sakurai in the face for me.

Doing this kind of crap. C'mon now.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about! We got two whole vague character profiles! We're lucky we didn't just get one!

Doing this kind of crap. C'mon now.[/quote]

Now it's my turn to say "calm the fuck down, man" (see earlier posts for role reversal).

I haven't the slightest idea as to why all the hush hush and embargo stuff. At the end of the day, it's all the same old same old, except I suppose Nintendo wants everyone to write their posts ahead of time, edit them, and get them ready. Friday is going to suck, at the very least for my Google Reader.

I like pages for Mario and Link a lot. They look hots. And the site has RSS, so I'm pretty fuckin' happy.

[quote name='MarioColbert']I haven't the slightest idea as to why all the hush hush and embargo stuff. At the end of the day, it's all the same old same old, except I suppose Nintendo wants everyone to write their posts ahead of time, edit them, and get them ready. Friday is going to suck, at the very least for my Google Reader.[/quote]

Look up the word 'hype'. It had something to do with the Wii as well.

Have they said when they will be adding characters? Once a week..?
If that's true, I don't expect anything NEW and exciting for awhile. We ALL know besides Mario & Link that Samus, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Snake, Wario, AND Metaknight are confirmed.

It'll def be nice to see when they start announcing others..even if they have been in SSBM. (I really hope Peach is in it.. I kicked ASS with her)

Doing this kind of crap. C'mon now.[/QUOTE]

On my way.

*dips fists in glue and crushed glass*

*......*

*ow.*

Hopefully the other link isn't far off. Link's description indicates more than one, so here's continued hoping for cel-shaded link.

It would make sense to have it contain Phantom Hourglass Link since the games will probably come out in the same time frame.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Now it's my turn to say "calm the fuck down, man" (see earlier posts for role reversal).

I haven't the slightest idea as to why all the hush hush and embargo stuff. At the end of the day, it's all the same old same old, except I suppose Nintendo wants everyone to write their posts ahead of time, edit them, and get them ready. Friday is going to suck, at the very least for my Google Reader.

I like pages for Mario and Link a lot. They look hots. And the site has RSS, so I'm pretty fuckin' happy.[/quote]

I've actually heard that no one was shown anything of SBBB at the Nintendo press event. Reggie did state that SBBB and Mario Galaxy were both going to drop in '07 though. I hope that is true.

[quote name='hohez']Hopefully the other link isn't far off. Link's description indicates more than one, so here's continued hoping for cel-shaded link.

It would make sense to have it contain Phantom Hourglass Link since the games will probably come out in the same time frame.[/quote]

I thought WW Link was confirmed to replace Young Link (I don't remember where I read this).

[quote name='Gameboy415']On my way.

*dips fists in glue and crushed glass*

*......*

*ow.*[/QUOTE]

Oh damn we gots some Sasha up ins!

[quote name='willardhaven']I thought WW Link was confirmed to replace Young Link (I don't remember where I read this).[/QUOTE]

Damn, this is just the rumor that won't die. It was "announced" (originally from Gamefaqs) that WW Link, Ridley, and Young Bowser were joining the game, and that Ice Climbers (and maybe G&W) were dropped. This rumor has been around a while and refuses to die. For the last 8 months or so, every other month some website "reports" on it, and says it came from a radio show Sakurai was interviewed in. It's total bunk.

[quote name='MarioColbert']
I haven't the slightest idea as to why all the hush hush and embargo stuff. [/QUOTE]

Then we agree. Don't make me punch you in the head and call you a bitch.

The list of confirmed characters above forgets Pit, and that is a crime.

Strell: keep talking shit, I'll just rember that for another "how did he do this trick" evening featuring Derren Brown. I'll show you so much magic, you're going to beg me to beat your ass with the hammerhead 8 times in a row. Which I will oblige to, you have my word.

I'm just waiting for the announcement of SSBB Play Modes (see the menu option on "da overrated blog."

bread's done
Back