Super Smash Bros

So, I just found out about these limited edition Gamecube controllers : Mario, Peach, and Yoshi, and apparently you can only get them through gamestop for $24.99, has anyone noticed if these have gone up for preorder yet?
http://m.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product/115424#content

Generic page for them.

I will probably be in for the $99 bundle if Best Buy had it (GCU). I already have four Wavebirds though...so I don't really *need* the wired controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:
And now it's revealed that Mii Fighter cannot go online With Anyone, only With Friends.

Also, every character in the game has customizable specials, plus equipment to make them stronger or faster.

It was revealed that there are hundreds of play testers on the team.

http://m.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product/115424#content

Generic page for them.

I will probably be in for the $99 bundle if Best Buy had it (GCU). I already have four Wavebirds though...so I don't really *need* the wired controllers.
Thank you

I was gonna get the peach one for sure because I thought the pink looked nice, not sure if for the second one I want Mario or yoshi. I have two GameCube controllers right now, but one of them is sort of iffy if I remember correctly

Preview of Greninja on the 3DS:

http://youtu.be/uyn6o_5va98

Don't pay attention to the roster, it's just for the demo.

Also, apparently Kirby has a new Final Smash.

Pac-Man's video also showed off several new stages, including the Pac's own stage based off the original arcade game.

If you are attending Smashfest at Best Buy, they give you a coupon sheet where you can get:

- $20 off Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario 3D World, DK Tropical Freeze, or New Super Mario Bros U
- $30 off WiiU, 3DSXL, or 2DS system
- 10% off accessories.

Also, Best Buy GCU is half off at $60.

Got out of Smashfest. MegaMan's Final Smash broke the WiiU for a few minutes.

Kirby does have a new Final Smash. He pulls out the sword from Return to Dream Land, it grows about 50 tines bigger, then he gives off a mighty slash.

They just play 2 2:00 matches. First game I was WiiFit Trainer (Male) and he is definitely a finesse character. I did better my second time as Link, getting 5 kills to come in second.

Watching the live stream, there was a new item that's basically a fire saber. Bunch of fireballs stacked on top of each other. Genesect is also a PokeBall Pokemon. It shoots two small blasts, then one big blast, then repeats one more time.

So, hit up my BB; only made it in by 7pm. No goodies, no coupons :???:

Big ole' line, so skipped the demo. But did go see some other people playing and yup... its Smash Bros. alright.

Plopped down a fiver for the WiiU (since I'll probably never play the 3ds version more than once).

Bit off topic:

-------------> I get it's summer and all but damn, if you're going out in public, get yo shit together. Sorry ass state of the sausages in line makes me ashamed to call myself a gamer. Hell, at least take a bath :lol:

http://youtu.be/_1hkSUGgPC8
I WANT that alternate cover!!! :applause:

He should have it put on his site for anyone to download.

Got dragged into going to the Best Buy Smash event (ok so maybe I wanted to go a little but I didn't want to wait two hours early). It sucked for me because I got the controller that got synced with the analog stick out of position so it was constantly pressing downward, not to mention I felt delirious from waiting in line for so long (my fault not the rep's).

That mis synced controller kind of left me in a grumpy mood afterwards. I wish the rep did something about it, we were like the second or third group too so a lot of people got the same awkward experience.

I preordered the 3DS version and will double dip for the Wii U version when that comes out. I can't wait to start playing with all my CAG friends again. I haven't played in so long I actually had to look down at the controller a couple times to make sure my I was hitting the correct buttons :lol:

Went to yesterday's Smashfest. Got a chance to play the 3DS version and while it felt odd with the circle pad, it was still fun.

Got dragged into going to the Best Buy Smash event (ok so maybe I wanted to go a little but I didn't want to wait two hours early). It sucked for me because I got the controller that got synced with the analog stick out of position so it was constantly pressing downward, not to mention I felt delirious from waiting in line for so long (my fault not the rep's).

That mis synced controller kind of left me in a grumpy mood afterwards. I wish the rep did something about it, we were like the second or third group too so a lot of people got the same awkward experience.

I preordered the 3DS version and will double dip for the Wii U version when that comes out. I can't wait to start playing with all my CAG friends again. I haven't played in so long I actually had to look down at the controller a couple times to make sure my I was hitting the correct buttons :lol:
That's very strange (and disappointing) they didn't resync the controllers to fix that. The rep at our local store had to do that once, and she was completely cool with it.

All the reissue GC controllers & someone mentioning Tatsunoku vs Capcom in another post got me thinking...

would the Tats v. Cap fight sticks work with Smash Bros???

All the reissue GC controllers & someone mentioning Tatsunoku vs Capcom in another post got me thinking...

would the Tats v. Cap fight sticks work with Smash Bros???
I assume it will support Classic Controllers, in which case the TvC stick should work, but that hasnt been clearly announced.

So far the only control methods shown are the Wii U Pro Controller, the GCN controller and you can assume the Gamepad will work just fine too.

Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening has joined the fight, as she shows her opponent her moves. But she's not alone...

http://youtu.be/N9ytrX0wweA

Yea...who said Mii Fighter took up FE:A's character slots?

If I wasn't already going to buy both of the games, I would now. I think I'd rather have Chrom over Robin, even if that means three blue-haired characters, but I won't complain over more Fire Emblem representation.

To anyone who didn't quite understand, Chrom is just a part of Robin's moveset, not a unique character.

To anyone who didn't quite understand, Chrom is just a part of Robin's moveset, not a unique character.
I thought he was an Assist Trophy?

Also, the official site was redesigned and a new picture celebrating the newcomers was added:

illust.jpg

And apparently Pauletena has customizable special moves like the Mii Fighter (not like the other character's)

I believe he's Robin's final smash - that seems to be the general consensus, at least, especially considering Robin calls him out and the attack they showed with both of them seemed to be a specifically created double team.

Damn, not sure what is gonna happen with Best Buy for me.

Preordered both copies to get the coins. Who knows how they'll handle that? I do want the adapter though...

For those who have played both, how does the 3ds version stack up? Also, will each person I VS need a separate cart or can multiple people play on one cartridge?

I only played the 3DS version for less then 5 minutes, but it took some getting used to with the circle pad.

There will probably be a Download Play option, but probably with only a couple characters.

Also, MetaKnight was confirmed to be coming back, though some of his special moves have been changed

A full stage list is starting to be released:

3DS Stages:
3D Land
Tortimer Island
Prism Tower
Rainbow Road
Spirit Train

WiiU Stages:
Pilotwings
Town & City
Mario Galaxy

Shared Stages:
Wily Castle
Battlefield
Boxing Ring

Also, in Classic Mode, you are placed on a map and have to navigate branching paths to various fighters.

Break the Targets kind of returns, but now you have to throw a bomb Angry Birds-style and break as many targets as possible.

For those that haven't heard, there has been some leaks (some speculate it is from a video NoA sent to the ESRB) for the game showing off new characters.

Wario, Ganondorf, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles, Dark Pit, Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, Ness, Falco, Diddy Kong and the Duck Hunt Dog. Lucas, Wolf, the chorus from Rhythm Heaven, Snake, and Ice Climbers are DLC

In official news, Ghiranim was confirmed as an Assist Trophy.

Finally got the chance to play both versions at PAX (and collect a few Super Smash Bros. towels for beating single player mode). Every single thing I hated about Brawl has been addressed, and more. Love it! Little Mac is so fast!

Somebody got a hold of the Japanese 3DS version early and it looks like the big leak from a month ago is in fact accurate.

Duck Hunt Dog and Dark Pit are indeed playable. There is also an old-school F-Zero stage. Basically Mute City except you move with the race and it's 8-bit.

What the hell is the red character, between Yoshi, and peach?  No one has answered this question.  Nevermind, I dunno who I saw in the other images, but it wasn't bowser.

Live Stream of the full Japanese 3DS version here:

Starts at 10am CST.

EDIT: We can post Twitch streams? o_O URL: here.

just got an email giving me some access codes to the demo a week early for the 3ds. it is being sent to those who reached platinum status between 7/1/13 and  6/30/14. I am using one and holding one out for someone else (waiting to hear back). so that leaves two codes I am happy to give away. just send a pm.

Damn, I guess they aren't sending me any codes.  :/

If anybody has one and wants to share (or trade something, I guess) let me know!

Send me a PM with how much Paypal you would want to sell me a code. (The one year I didn't worry about Platinum because I believed the digital prize rumors... which turned out to be true. Ugh!)

bread's done
Back