Super Smash Bros

Ended up picking it up. A couple of friends got it too so I spent a good couple hours playing with them. We were out of the smash bros loop so we didn't recognize a lot of the items and supers?. It was pretty damn funny watching all this random bs happen. 

What time do you guys wanna Smash tonight?

I've been opening a lot of cans of whoop-ass lately and wanna boost my ego. B-)

See my Friend Code in the signature.

P.S. Gonna try to unlock two characters tonight for some projectile mayhem. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I tried to play some this afternoon, and ho boy the lag is terrible.

I might could try playing sometime tonight, but I'm not sure when. Probably sometime after 10pm central.

I have only played once Online. Had one but of lag but otherwise good. Been mainly collecting stuff now. Unlocked all characters and stages yesterday and now I am going through Classic with all the characters. I was originally annoyed at how short it is, but I understand since there are a giant amount of characters and likely more to come.

Is the online worse than what Brawl had? I remember it being just unplayable at times, and we could only ever connect with certain people.

I haven't bought it yet and I'm really torn! Loved the demo, but I would definitely break my 3ds because I panic and button mash all the time. Maybe I'll hold off until there's a decent sale. But the WiiU version was preorded a long time ago.

Is the online worse than what Brawl had? I remember it being just unplayable at times, and we could only ever connect with certain people.
I've played about 20 matches or so online with randoms, and it's practically unplayable. It's much much worse than Brawl. I don't know if everyone else is having the same experience, but I'm getting hangups and slowness every single damn match.

Edit: I guess I should add my friend code since I realized I don't have a lot of people here on my 3DS. 0602-6414-8718

Get outta Glory, Blue! 

Edit: I quit a match and Nintendo puts me on temporary ban for 10 min? Wth?! :lol:

Master Hand and Crazy Hand are fuck ing brutal this time around. That stupid green energy ball attack kills me every single fuck ing time.

So seems 1-on-1 lag is a lot better than playing with randoms. Thanks for being a stain on my online record goo. ;-P

Also the duck hunt dog vs. villager match had me cracking up.

So seems 1-on-1 lag is a lot better than playing with randoms. Thanks for being a stain on my online record goo. ;-P

Also the duck hunt dog vs. villager match had me cracking up.
GGs Lobstah. I, too, was laughing hard during our Wii Fit Trainer vs. Duck Hunt Dog battles. :lol:

It was my first time playing Duck Hunt Dog and the Koopa Kids today. I was just mimicking what I've seen on Twitch and some For Glory matches.

R.O.B. and Bowser are my current mains. R.O.B.'s fair has more lag but his fsmash, uair, and laser have improved dramatically. Bowser has too many kill moves, but struggles against spammers.

Totally caved and bought this on Friday. I realize I can't say no to Smash, and for good reason because this game is amazing as it should be.

Is there any easier way to get character moves/clothing besides classic smash?

Working on unlocking everyone at the moment.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12139618" timestamp="1412524610"]Totally caved and bought this on Friday. I realize I can't say no to Smash, and for good reason because this game is amazing as it should be.

Working on unlocking everyone at the moment.[/quote] I really don't know about an "easier" way to unlock those, but there are many ways to unlock them. You can play Target Blast, All star mode, smash run and complete challenges.

And, I agree. Game is amazing. Have you tried online yet?

Smash Run seems to be the quickest if you have friends with the game. Playing with more people increases loot from what I've heard. Just from working on the challenges, you should unlock quite a few customization items. Just a little tip, the hammers only work on the page you unlock them on, so use them all up.

I really don't know about an "easier" way to unlock those, but there are many ways to unlock them. You can play Target Blast, All star mode, smash run and complete challenges. And, I agree. Game is amazing. Have you tried online yet?
No I have not, I been over my GF's this weekend and her connection is spotty. I will try later tonight.

Is there any way to get those Street Pass challenges without bumping into other people in real life? The problem is it's very rare to get any street pass hits for me, but I don't want to waste hammers on those challenges since they are pretty simple.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12140055" timestamp="1412540257"]No I have not, I been over my GF's this weekend and her connection is spotty. I will try later tonight.

Is there any way to get those Street Pass challenges without bumping into other people in real life? The problem is it's very rare to get any street pass hits for me, but I don't want to waste hammers on those challenges since they are pretty simple.[/quote] No, i think you can't unlock them without getting streetpass hits.

No I have not, I been over my GF's this weekend and her connection is spotty. I will try later tonight.

Is there any way to get those Street Pass challenges without bumping into other people in real life? The problem is it's very rare to get any street pass hits for me, but I don't want to waste hammers on those challenges since they are pretty simple.
Just get them at McDonald or Starbuck?

Almost done unlocking characters. Just 50 more smash battles, thank god.

Still love the game, I really enjoy the amount of stuff to unlock.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12141187" timestamp="1412594727"]What happens when you fail the chance to unlock a character. Aka I failed to get Rob, so when will I see the chance to get him again?[/quote]

You just have to win a smash match again and he will show up once more.

Mine is fine still.
Mine is fine too. I think Street Fighter 4 was more rough on the circle pad than Smash Bros. is.

Also I'm starting to add people.

Goo and Blue add me. I don't remember my friends locally giving me any trouble after playing hours with you guys all the time. I'd like to get beaten into that condition again.

3437 3056 4510

Also attached below for my reference and all of yours.

Also adding 62T since I see his code in his signature. Flickr, Fragalot, Roy, etc I'd like to add you all as well if I can get your FCs.

[quote name="Mad D" post="12142431" timestamp="1412633619"]Also adding 62T since I see his code in his signature. Flickr, Fragalot, Roy, etc I'd like to add you all as well if I can get your FCs.[/quote] Just added you. Looking forward to play with you.

Anyone know if there's another way to unlock Jigglypuff? Most places I see the 30 equipment thing, but somewhere I saw something about beating classic on 7.0+, which I did and didn't get her so I'm pretty sure it's wrong. I'm just missing Jiggly and ROB.

[quote name="chickenbutt" post="12143506" timestamp="1412666037"]Anyone know if there's another way to unlock Jigglypuff? Most places I see the 30 equipment thing, but somewhere I saw something about beating classic on 7.0+, which I did and didn't get her so I'm pretty sure it's wrong. I'm just missing Jiggly and ROB.[/quote]

They unlock every 10 Smash matches. Jigglypuff is the last one at 120. ROB is like after 70.

Via Kotaku

Super Smash Bros. Wii U will come out November 21 in North America, Nintendo announced today. It'll launch alongside a wave of Nintendo's amiibo toy figures.

[quote name="Prison Mike" post="12143630" timestamp="1412684838"]Via Kotaku

Super Smash Bros. Wii U will come out November 21 in North America, Nintendo announced today. It'll launch alongside a wave of Nintendo's amiibo toy figures.[/quote]

Can't wait! The 3DS version is great, but I can't wait for the "real deal".

Via Kotaku

Super Smash Bros. Wii U will come out November 21 in North America, Nintendo announced today. It'll launch alongside a wave of Nintendo's amiibo toy figures.
...Smash Bros AND Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire on the same day?

My credit card is going to kill me.

Can anyone provide some clarity on the situation with the controllers?  I currently have the bundle with the Gamecube adapter and controller pre-ordered.  Has there been any word on if these GameCube controllers will work with other Wii U Games?  Will the Wii U Pro Controller work for this game?  Sort of new to the Wii U and still a little confused on which controllers work with what games.

Can anyone provide some clarity on the situation with the controllers? I currently have the bundle with the Gamecube adapter and controller pre-ordered. Has there been any word on if these GameCube controllers will work with other Wii U Games? Will the Wii U Pro Controller work for this game? Sort of new to the Wii U and still a little confused on which controllers work with what games. I don't have any controllers at the moment (just been playing everything with the Wii U gamepad) so I'm just trying to figure out which options are the best. Thanks for any info!

No word on if the GC adapter will work for other titles. Wii U Pro should be compatible. I imagine it's up to personal preference as far as what is best. Cheapest option for most would involve the use of your legacy hardware and the adapter if you don't own any other controllers.

Chuk mode works well for me. Oh and the 3DS is another control option.

Nice playing with you Roy, as you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing with someone using Little Mac. I need more practice with you since a friend of mine says he's been using him! I haven't tried for Glory yet I'll probably have to practice against some there some time.

[quote name="Mad D" post="12145802" timestamp="1412734352"]Nice playing with you Roy, as you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing with someone using Little Mac. I need more practice with you since a friend of mine says he's been using him! I haven't tried for Glory yet I'll probably have to practice against some there some time.[/quote] Great matches. Lol, my "friends" (from another forum) were asking me who was norby.

I pretty much only use Little Mac, Olimar, Dr. Mario, and Capt. falcon. That's why I suck with the other characters. Rarely use them.

For glory mode was basically what we were playing. Omega stages and no items. I play like that since it doesn't lag much.

bread's done
Back