Super Smash Bros

Oh yeah, the first time it booted up post-update I actually had to unplug the AC adapter from the system because it become non-responsive. I let it load for about 5-10 minutes and it stayed on the black screen. It took a couple tries for it to finally get to the title screen and load.

I thought it was the update being a clusterfuck but I had just added an external hard drive and maybe the timing was coincidental. Once i unplugged the drive things seemed to run somewhat normally so I didn't think there was an issue. Again, maybe just coincidence.

But even without the drive plugged in it just seems like loading the game takes an additional few seconds. Maybe not noticeable to most but definitely noticeable to me.

Just finished these up today:

Finished all the Challenges on the 3DS version, without using a single Golden Hammer.  I also didn't grind/setup timed matches to pad the 50 hours; I legit played the hours to get the challenge done.  (Did the same on the Wii version back when.)

I've got just the last five or six "grind-y" Challenges left on the Wii U version.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you know that rumor that Ryu and Roy were the next DLC fighters in Smash?

Not a rumor anymore:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=c6wsQkd6M5s

EDIT: MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OZkzBCbsWrE

Well, I'm hyped for Ryu but not so much for Roy (even though he has my name...). If Roy is $5 I definitely won't buy it, 'cause why buy another Marth?

Direct just finished.

- Roy is stronger than he was in Melee. His reveal trailer was hilarious.

- Ryu plays like a traditional fighting game character. Holding and tapping the buttons changes the attack strength and using the original SF move commands for the specials increases their strength. He also has 2 Final Smashes depending on if you are close or far away from the opponet.

- Suzaku Castle's music changes when near the end of a timed match.

- Dreamland and Miiverse stages are dropping, along with Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle from Smash 64.

- Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, and Mii Brawler will all receive amiibo. G&W's actually comes with swappable cutouts. The first four will release in the September wave.

- Tournament Mode drops in August, with a traditional Tournament when scheduled, and a regular tournament which is point-based.

- Replays will be changed to full-on movies and can be uploaded to YouTube.

I'm sadly getting the costumes. At least I can use the Heihachi costume on my female Brawler.

EDIT: Oh, goodie. I try to add $10 to my balance to afford the bundle and I end up adding $50 because of the connection errors. -_-

EDIT x2: Full Direct for those who missed it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WWM-SCjIuNg

I need to add funds. I'm buying it all, because they have me hooked.

Hopefully the Shop will come up for me *sometime* today.

Is there a bundle for just the 4 DLC fighters? I want Lucas but wouldn't mind trying out Ryu. $3.99 adds up fast for a game I don't play too often.

[quote name="Daisydog" post="12743534" timestamp="1434309899"]Is there a bundle for just the 4 DLC fighters? I want Lucas but wouldn't mind trying out Ryu. $3.99 adds up fast for a game I don't play too often.[/quote]
From what I saw on the eshop, there isn't a 4 character DLC bundle.

BTW, pls nerf Roy daddy sakurai...

If you played Ryu before in any SF game, you already know how to play Ryu in Smash. He is also OP if you know how to play him.

They did a real good job on him because you do a lot of his moves just like in SF.

I really did wish they had a character bundle. I don't want the Mii costumes, I just wanted the three characters. I bought Ryu. Might pick up Roy and Lucas later.

I have a question. Does anyone know how they store the fact that you have paid for Wii U DLC? I do not have a Wii U yet (I will be getting one later this year), but I do have a 3DS. I'd rather pay a discounted rate to get the Wii U DLC now, rather than either waiting to buy the 3DS DLC or buying the 3DS stuff now and waiting til I get the Wii U, then paying for it again at full price. If I buy the 3DS/Wii U combined version, will it just save the Wii U DLC to my account so that when I get a Wii U and sign in with my NNID it just shows up? Or will it be me wasting money since I don't already have a Wii U version of SSB?

Thanks!

If you played Ryu before in any SF game, you already know how to play Ryu in Smash. He is also OP if you know how to play him.

They did a real good job on him because you do a lot of his moves just like in SF.

I really did wish they had a character bundle. I don't want the Mii costumes, I just wanted the three characters. I bought Ryu. Might pick up Roy and Lucas later.
Same here. I could care less about any costume but want to buy all the characters even if I only use them once

I counted it up and I think it was $16 for these characters and stages for Wii U, and the costumes are apparently $6 total, which makes it $22 to get them for 1 game, and $29 for both games.

I'm going to have to think about adding these characters. I know I'll never use them, but I think Ryu would be fun to learn, and I love Fire Emblem and Roy on the GCN was always a character I kind of liked. 

If anyone wants to test out dlc characters or anything against a noob (me), my nnid is GamerSDP.  I have yet to open the game; I haven't even played much against people on 3ds.  I'll need to find a main.

I just want to get "good" enough that I don't feel like a scrub against my friends and people in the local scene

Oh and for future ref:

if a dlc bundle is purchased for both versions, is there one code or separate ones for each dlc?

I counted it up and I think it was $16 for these characters and stages for Wii U, and the costumes are apparently $6 total, which makes it $22 to get them for 1 game, and $29 for both games.

I'm going to have to think about adding these characters. I know I'll never use them, but I think Ryu would be fun to learn, and I love Fire Emblem and Roy on the GCN was always a character I kind of liked.
Try the trading thread https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/332626-nintendo-wiiwii-u3ds-eshop-code-trading-thread/page-31

There's lots of people there willing to split the cost if the other person wants the 3DS version of the character.

I was able to buy the bundles and then trade/sell the 3DS codes to bring my cost down.

--

Gamer SDP, it automatically begins the download for whatever console you're on then gives you a code for the other version.

I'll register you later tonight. My ID is: Jdaisy1

Gamer SDP, it automatically begins the download for whatever console you're on then gives you a code for the other version.
I'll register you later tonight. My ID is: Jdaisy1
I meant is the entire bundle one code or separate codes for Lucas/Ryu/Roy etc?

I will be adding you tonight. If any CAGs want to style on a noob, add me!

Yes, that's a problem. I was hoping that costumes were separate from characters, but it appears the bundle codes are lumped together and only separated by system.

I will likely be online tonight around 6:00 PM central...usually get to play until 9:00 or so. 

Won't be 100% online to play, but, I'll jump on if I know others will be around.

I will likely be online tonight around 6:00 PM central...usually get to play until 9:00 or so.

Won't be 100% online to play, but, I'll jump on if I know others will be around.
I'll be leaving work around then... and eating/watching tv to wind down by the time you finish lol. I'll add you though for next time. 12-2am eastern is when I usually play

dXeEk7c.png

Love the replay news. I'm always annoyed when I scroll back and see how many replays cannot be used after the updates.

might have some time to play tonight around midnight eastern time.  if so I'll be adding some people from the smash nnid thread

is there anyway to add nnids and change your profile/settings online?

Honey Bear, Flying Man, and Lloyd (from Tales of Symphonia) were announced, with a hint that even more costumes will be added to the 7/31 update.

No Golden Hammers used!
I'm more impressed that you had the patience to do this than anything. I used all my hammers on the time consuming challenges. Mii hats, metroid, special moves, etc. I couldn't force myself to put the time in to do them. How long did all of that take you?

Not really sure how long it took. The last three or so Challenges did take about two weeks of playing (though I don't get a lot of play time).

Worst was finishing custom moves, and, getting 50,000 Trophy Rush blocks. I had the 50,000 well before the last custom moves though.

The latest batch of Mii Fighter costumes includes Samus' Power Armor and the Black Knight from Fire Emblem in addition to what we knew already.

Had a go at it. The only option is 4-player Free-For-All, no Omega Mode, and with all items turned on. Matches are 8 minute 3-stock matches.

bread's done
Back