Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Ninja Assassin - 2/5 - went in there expecting a shitty film. It was. The gore was pretty enjoyable even though the amount of bad looking cg blood hurt the film.

The Road - 3/5 - I haven't read the book but this movie definitely plays on a single note. Survival. I love post apocalyptic type stories and films. This film is not a roller coaster. They want to survive at the beginning, they want to survive at the end, and some more surviving inbetween. First 15-20minutes I tried to love this film but it just didn't click. There are moments of greatness in this film where I felt "holy shit this place is fucked" like on the shot of the bridge. This film looks fantastic from the dirty hands to the gray sky it looks great. The child in the film is a little weak...maybe because the writing felt like it was meant for a 5-6year old and the kid is 13-14. the film came off a little awkward during those moments.

Public Enemies - It was good. The action scenes were really well done. I didn't like Depp walking through the entire police department without anyone asking who he was or recognizing him. He's the most wanted man in America and not even the police knows what he looks like?

[quote name='tcrash247']Public Enemies - It was good. The action scenes were really well done. I didn't like Depp walking through the entire police department without anyone asking who he was or recognizing him. He's the most wanted man in America and not even the police knows what he looks like?[/QUOTE]

That scene is supposedly somewhat based on reality. Dillinger used to get his picture taken with uniformed cops all the time while he was on the run, or so rumor has it.

Transsiberian - This is a bad movie for a few reasons.
  1. It is very predictable. It is one of those movies you can call out the scenes three scenes before they happen.
  2. Bad acting by Emily Mortimer. Sure she is cute but she couldn't carry the lead female role.
  3. I hate movies that explain every little detail. I'm not stupid. I know what happened and why it happened the first time you showed it, I don't need a flashback to see it again. Stop wasting my time and insulting my intelligence in the process.
  4. It ripped off damn near every thriller in the last 65 years.

The Dead Zone - It shows it's age but still a good sci-fi thriller.

National Lampoons Senior Trip - Tommy Chong and Kevin Mcdonald FTW!

12 Rounds - Not bad for a movie with John Cena. It kept me entertained seemed like Die Hard with a Vengeance on roids.

Drag Me To Hell - Drag Me To Hell - I liked it nice to see Raimi do something other than ruin Spiderman.

Assassination of a High School President - Pretty good played out like a "who done it" mystery set in a private school.

Get Smart - It was what I thought it would be kept me entertained.

Punisher Warzone - Over the top and extremely violent this is how the Punisher is done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Leatherheads - Kind of boring. The focus is also scatter-shot - in the finale of the movie, the final football game, the new football commissioner is going to crack down on George Clooney's wild ways. But there hadn't actually been enough football in the movie to that point to know what his ways were... we've seen him off the field, but the first mention of the team's tricky plays is in the last 30 minutes. Pretty sloppy.

The Wicker Man (1973) - Fantastic. It's not a dark film for the most part, but it still made me think a lot about Silent Hill. The sound track is great.

Teen Wolf - Kind of good - and surprising - for the first half. Then it gets stale, and ends with a generic basketball game.

Missing in Action - Forgettable. Norris is not Stallone or Schwarzenegger. What's the point if he's not kicking people in the head?

The Black Hole - Terrible. The idiotic robots try to destroy the movie for the entire run-time, but it's the ridiculous ending that really kills the movie. The special effects were great (exterior shots, not the robots), but this is a post- Star Wars movie.

The Wizard - Awesome, actually. The plot is passable, and is just interesting enough to get you to the Nintendo scenes, which are euphoria. I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

Crimson Tide - Great, and so cohesively directed directed I can't believe it was made by Tony Scott. I guess the sub didn't give enough room to shake the camera around.

The Thing (1982) - Fantastic. I've heard good things, but I was really surprised by how good this was. One of the best modern monster movies, just behind Alien and maybe Terminator, if you count that in the genre.

The 400 Blows - Eh. It's a good story, but I did not find it to be as emotionally involving as it's supposed to be.

In the Heat of the Night - Great. It's a little tiring for every white guy to be a racist hick, but I guess the Sheriff's there to redeem us. A little. Sidney Poitier is great, and it's very easy to see why lines from the movie are classics.

Fantastic Mr. Fox - I'm a fan of Wes Anderson movies, and I thought this was great. If you're not a fan, I don't know why you would like it, but my friend seemed to. Basically, it is a Wes Anderson movie through and through.

In the Valley of Elah - I liked it. I thought the last scene, with the flag, was a bit much.

Zardoz - What the hell. I really don't know what to think. It's kind of good, kind of terrible, and kind of awesome (flying head that vomits guns).

Doomsday - Terrible. Even if it wasn't a ripoff of the Road Warrior, the plot holes are enough to condemn it to hell.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Clue[/QUOTE]

That's one of my favorite comedies of all time.

Night at the Museum 2 - Eh. Watched it with my entire extended family, so it was what it was. At least Amy Adams is nice to look at.

Silent Night Deadly Night 2 - 3/5 - First 40 is a complete recap of the first film...which wasn't that fun to sit through all over again, since I just seen SNDN 2 weeks ago. Later half is hysterical w/ the infamous 'Garbage Day' clip. Its not as good as the first SNDN but part 2 has its magical moments at the end with its horrible dialog and acting.

Marcus - 3/5 - Not much of a Christmas themed horror film. Man hosts a party for a family and acts as the sisters bf. Sister is missing and something is funny about Marcus. Again dialog is funny to laugh at...not intentionally funny how many names they can use. There is a certain creepy aspect to the film with this stranger playing the guests. The guests are a little stupid and didn't seem too concerned about the missing sister who they came to see. Besides that it doesn't have too much gore but definitely a decent way to kill time. Again its set in xmas but no santa running around slaughtering people like SNDN, To all a good night, Black Santas Revenge, Santa Claws, Dont open till xmas, etc. More xmas themed horror films to come!

Halloween 2 - This movie joins the very elite company of being turned off halfway through. I can sit through pretty much anything, but this was just plain dreck.

State Of Play - Decent enough of a movie, even with Ben Affleck in it.

[quote name='naiku']Silent Night Deadly Night 2 - 3/5 - First 40 is a complete recap of the first film...which wasn't that fun to sit through all over again, since I just seen SNDN 2 weeks ago. Later half is hysterical w/ the infamous 'Garbage Day' clip. Its not as good as the first SNDN but part 2 has its magical moments at the end with its horrible dialog and acting.

Marcus - 3/5 - Not much of a Christmas themed horror film. Man hosts a party for a family and acts as the sisters bf. Sister is missing and something is funny about Marcus. Again dialog is funny to laugh at...not intentionally funny how many names they can use. There is a certain creepy aspect to the film with this stranger playing the guests. The guests are a little stupid and didn't seem too concerned about the missing sister who they came to see. Besides that it doesn't have too much gore but definitely a decent way to kill time. Again its set in xmas but no santa running around slaughtering people like SNDN, To all a good night, Black Santas Revenge, Santa Claws, Dont open till xmas, etc. More xmas themed horror films to come![/QUOTE]

Are you going to watch Black Christmas the original?

Trick R Treat - Loved it! There was so much going on I think I will have to re-watch. I think this will be a regular Halloween viewing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Are you going to watch Black Christmas the original?
[/QUOTE]

Dont have much plans tbh, just whenever my friend and i are free we watch 2 films(mostly bad horror films). ill see if i can fit that in with the other xmas horror flicks that we currently have still to watch before the 25th.

Elves - 2/5 - This movie has the most convoluted plot for a B movie. Why can't the Elf (yes there is one Elf in the movie 'elves') just go around killing people. why does the crazy grandpa need to be a nazi and explain the 4th reich backstory to create a super race of nazi assassins. Its hysterical how bad this movie is. This is my 2nd time viewing it...ending is a little painful the second time around but some fantastic moments to laugh at with friends. The whole car bomb scene is $$$. I love how Dan Haggerty has no clue what he is doing but yet some how saves the day.

Jack Frost - 3/5 - This is film is so much better than Jack Frost 2. Its been awhile since i seen Jack Frost. Jack Frost is way better quality then other comedy horror films like Gingerdead man. Some decent kills with the classic 'shower scene' and some other deaths that I forgot about. Bad dialog which is worth some laughs with friends. And dont forget Shannon Elizabeth. :drool:

[quote name='naiku']Dont have much plans tbh, just whenever my friend and i are free we watch 2 films(mostly bad horror films). ill see if i can fit that in with the other xmas horror flicks that we currently have still to watch before the 25th.

Elves - 2/5 - This movie has the most convoluted plot for a B movie. Why can't the Elf (yes there is one Elf in the movie 'elves') just go around killing people. why does the crazy grandpa need to be a nazi and explain the 4th reich backstory to create a super race of nazi assassins. Its hysterical how bad this movie is. This is my 2nd time viewing it...ending is a little painful the second time around but some fantastic moments to laugh at with friends. The whole car bomb scene is $$$. I love how Dan Haggerty has no clue what he is doing but yet some how saves the day.

Jack Frost - 3/5 - This is film is so much better than Jack Frost 2. Its been awhile since i seen Jack Frost. Jack Frost is way better quality then other comedy horror films like Gingerdead man. Some decent kills with the classic 'shower scene' and some other deaths that I forgot about. Bad dialog which is worth some laughs with friends. And dont forget Shannon Elizabeth. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Black Xmas(1974) is actually one of the films that started the slasher genre(it might have been the first one actually). It's a classic in my opinion highly recommended if you have not seen it before.
Jack Frost was a riot and I'll never forget the "shower scene". lol

Invention of Lying was brilliant. There was another recent movie that came out, an action, methinks, that was actually really good... I think I'm thinking of GI Joe. It wasn't half-bad.

Gamer - mindless entertainment

Knowing - actually pretty good....wasnt expecting the movie to be in the genre it ended up being in and a LOT of the ending could have been cut out but still good

The Spirit - made it 22 minutes and had to cut the shit off......really crappy movie

The Hurt Locker - AWESOME...pure fucking awesome....see this movie, now

Avatar 3D - I went in expecting some interesting CG, campy natives, and mindless military-industrial complex bashing. What I got was all of that plus Cameron's knack for making diamonds out of shit, making the film not only very watchable, but worth the $25 I shelled to see it with my friend.

I just finished American Psycho. Great movie, but the last part of the movie/ending confused me. What happened to all the dead bodies in the apartment? Did he fantasies about all the killings or did they really happen?

The Killing Fields - Here's the problem. The film more or less blames the United States for all of Cambodia's problems, including the creation of the Khmer Rouge and their subsequent slaughter of two million people. Given that France initiated what can be termed Western involvement in Southeast Asia, if you're going to relieve the actual killers of blame, and pay it backwards so to speak, wouldn't the guilt more appropriately fall on France? Furthermore, if we're pardoning murderous regimes, shouldn't there be a movie blaming the allies of the first World War for the holocaust?

Whatever, I'm expecting too much of "documentary" filmmakers.

Avatar. I liked it and for me that is all I care about. If you read the Avatar thread you will see that some hate it and others like it. I don't care if the story has been told in the past. Hell Cameron wrote the damn thing before he directed Titanic.

Aliens. I just started watching it again. I didn't get half way through it but plan on watching the rest of it later in the weekend. Sucks the guys that wrote the third one killed everyone that lived off. The movies have went down hill after that one. I'm wondering if Predators, made plural because Cameron did it with Aliens, will be as good or like AVP and the other Alien movies.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']city of god - 10/10 - friggin awesome!!! drugs and war pretty much sum it up[/QUOTE]
That is a great movie. Really intense.

The Box -

I thought it was going to be some shitty boring thriller with Cameron Diaz (which in a way, it was) but, it was some crazy shit I did not expect.

Watchmen

I enjoyed it a lot more the second time around. I think being a huge fan of the graphic novel made me have ridiculous expectations for the film, which led me to disappointment. But when I watched it a second time I wasn't so hyped up and I think that made me enjoy it more. Also the Blu-Ray transfer was really good.

American Pie Book of Love - 2/5 - Pretty terrible film but expected that going in. There are a few parts u will smirk at but definitely nothing worth laughing at. 'Book of Love' does have a decent lead character played by Bug Hall...who was pretty good throughout the film. I can't say there is much reason to watch this. The story come second to showing attractive girls run around. When there are story elements you are able to see what is going to happen from a mile away. 'Book of Love' fits the mold that American Pie has made. The only other saving grace of this film is Jennifer Holland who I would love to see in more films. Holland isn't the greatest actress (a lot of successful hollywood stars aren't either) but she was good in Zombie Strippers and pretty good throughout this film.
If you want to waste 90 minutes of your time for a comedy that is unable to produce any laughs and have a story that is genuinely uninteresting..this is the movie for you.

[quote name='naiku']American Pie Book of Love - 2/5 - Pretty terrible film but expected that going in. There are a few parts u will smirk at but definitely nothing worth laughing at. 'Book of Love' does have a decent lead character played by Bug Hall...who was pretty good throughout the film. I can't say there is much reason to watch this. The story come second to showing attractive girls run around. When there are story elements you are able to see what is going to happen from a mile away. 'Book of Love' fits the mold that American Pie has made. The only other saving grace of this film is Jennifer Holland who I would love to see in more films. Holland isn't the greatest actress (a lot of successful hollywood stars aren't either) but she was good in Zombie Strippers and pretty good throughout this film.
If you want to waste 90 minutes of your time for a comedy that is unable to produce any laughs and have a story that is genuinely uninteresting..this is the movie for you.[/QUOTE]

zombie strippers was so fun

[quote name='mr_burnzz']zombie strippers was so fun[/QUOTE]
LMAO, I just saw Zombie Strippers not too long ago and when people say anything good about movies like that, I just don't understand it at all.

A couple days ago I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. They are really getting to a point where the only way to enjoy the movies is to have already read the books. I was okay with the movie because I've read the series but my fiancee hasn't and had no clue why certain things were happening. I'll be happy when the movie series ends.

I'm in the middle of both "Lust, Caution" and Das Boot. Both are really long and thus far, pretty good.

Up next is Star Trek.

[quote name='sonicsam']LMAO, I just saw Zombie Strippers not too long ago and when people say anything good about movies like that, I just don't understand it at all.[/QUOTE]

dude, it had tits and zombies..what isnt there to understand and like?;)

Land of the Lost - probably one of the worst will ferrell movies I've seen so far

The Hurt Locker - pretty good flick, depressing as hell in some parts

bread's done
Back