Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. How did The Wolf of Wall Street do better? Walter Mitty was actually good.

I didn't expect to hear Rogue Wave. I hadn't heard Lake Michigan in years.

It's a shame people write off Cruise's movies before they are released because of their dislike of him. I couldn't care about his private life, he's good at his job, which is making entertaining movies. I've felt he's had a solid track record as far as I'm concerned for the past few films he's made. Looking forward to Edge of Tomorrow, unfortunately not enough time go to the cinema's.
I don't care about his personal life but he's not an actor I'm excited to see. I feel the same way about Tom Hanks. Both these dudes don't do anything that isn't "safe" at this point in their careers.
I don't care about Tom Cruise's personal life. I'm not a fan of his acting. He's way overrated.

Twelve O'Clock High:

Great WWII drama about the daylight bombing runs done from London.The use of real footage was a good touch and Gregory Peck gives a great performance.

Decision Before Dawn:

A great WWII spy film. I liked how it was filmed location and the rubble you saw was real and not a just a set.Gets really tense near the end.

X-Men Days of Future Past: 3.5/5

Personally I liked X2 and First Class better but this was still entertaining and it fixed a lot of what was wrong in the Xmen universe.

Her

To me it seemed like Samantha was just a human troll that was just messing with him. The ending was weak I thought. There should have been a twist where maybe Samantha cheats on him with the male OS and never returns. 3.5/5

I saw How to Train Your Dragon.  I expected it to be awesome, and I was not disappointed. 4.5/5 at least (I would probably give it 5/5 but someone would probably get pissed at me about it)

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) - 4/5
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) - Couldn't keep watching, really disliked it. The beginning was good but once they were in the factory for awhile it just was bad.

Zoolander - 3/5 

1st viewing. 

The Witches (1990) - 3.5/5

2nd viewing.

The Man in the Iron Mask - 4/5

1st viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Edge of Tomorrow on Friday night in Imax 3D.. pretty solid movie, wasn't sure about the plot going into it.  solid 3/5 .. also watched The Art of the Steal with Kurt Russell and Matt Dillon last night, Kurt doesn't do a lot of movies anymore, but this one was good as well -- 3/5

X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Very good, but probably liked First Class and X2 more.

Jobs.

Very solid, Kutcher was very good as Steve Jobs.

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey - 3/5

2nd viewing. This is the one film (maybe the 1st too) that does time travel correctly. When they plan on changing something, it happens instantly.

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey - 3/5
2nd viewing. This is the one film (maybe the 1st too) that does time travel correctly. When they plan on changing something, it happens instantly.
This movie is way better than people remember it being. Just watched it again 2 weeks ago.

It looks low budget though with the way that it's shot, maybe that's on purpose? Cause the budget was double the original film and that movie looks much better.

This movie is way better than people remember it being. Just watched it again 2 weeks ago.

It looks low budget though with the way that it's shot, maybe that's on purpose? Cause the budget was double the original film and that movie looks much better.
The death character is amazing.

The death character is amazing.
Yup. He always stood out, even when initially people didn't really like the movie. It's such a different tone than the first movie, most sequels won't even attempt to do something so different.

I went into it thinking it was going to be like every other comedy sequel and was surprised by how funny and original it was. I guess a lot people didn't like since it's so damn bizarre.

Station!

I loved that movie when I was a kid. That Easter Bunny scene? Terrifying.
God yes. That scene gave me nightmares. Now it's just a bit weird. The granny is worse imo lol.

Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit.

Solid spy thriller.
I agree. I was going in expecting it to be average at best. I'd give it a 7/10.

I saw Bubbleboy a few days ago. Not bad at all. It uses a few stereotypes, but I can live with that... 6.5/10.

Justice League: War - 5/10 - I couldn't get into this movie at all. Darkside was cool looking though. He was enormous. The characters were just to unlikable for my taste. It's not so much that they changed the personalities as it is they did it in a way that rubs the wrong way.

Son of Batman - 7.5/10 - A lot more enjoyable than I expected. Damian was the star of the show. That kid has some scary talent.

Kickassia - Really hilarious, despite almost every scene with Spoony being heavy in Harsher in Hindsight nowadays.
I admire that guy's passion for film-making, but his humor is aimed at a younger audience. After watching his review videos for oh so long, his appeal kinda wears off with the same jokes over and over heh.

Suburban Knights - Not sure if I liked it more than Kickassia or not. The comedy was more refined, but I wasn't a big fan of the darker storyline. I do think it was a quality production overall despite Doug having a mental breakdown over it.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 9/10 - I just loved this movie.  I enjoyed how straight forward each character was.  The humorous moments came naturally and made me laugh more so for it.  Ralph Fiennes was the perfect actor for the role.

To Boldly Flee - Not sure how I feel about it. I've only been following TGWTG for less than a year, and I am not as emotionally invested in the storylines as other fans. It was well put together and all, but I think I preferred Kickassia the most out of the trilogy.

Oh, and for a movie it was way too friggin long.

All 1st viewings:

Rushmore - 3.25/5

The Internship - 3.75/5

People don't seem to like this movie. I thought it was good and much better than the higher rated Dodgeball movie.

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story - 3/5

1408 - 3.75/5

All is Lost. It was ok for what it is.

I canceled my Netflix disc service for now after that one. I've been lucky to watch a movie a month lately so it makes more sense to just use Redbox for a while. Especially since we're really only watching new releases lately.

I thought the best part of the internship is the Will Ferrell cameo. I know people think he can get annoying but the 'make reasonable choices' part made me laugh out loud way more than I needed to.

21 Jump Street - Had some parts that were funny (the Captain, Ice Cube, the final shootout), but I didn't like it overall.

22 Jump Street - A much better outing. Not enough to buy it on Blu-ray and I actually found Channing Tatum funnier than Jonah Hill, but I enjoyed myself.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - Never saw the first one and only seen a few episodes of the TV series, but the movie was actually quite good. Very fluid CG and the dragon animations were excellent.

bread's done
Back