Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Green Zone - 3/5 - It was interesting, then at the end it was pretty lame. Just turn it off after 110 minutes.

Rambo 3 - 3/5 - Decent Rambo movie. I like Rambo 2 more. Stallone at 64 in Expendables is way more bad ass than Rambo 3 Stallone.

I found Rambo 3 to be comical because of the over the top violence. Everybody that got shot lost an arm or a leg. I think one guy even threw a rock at a dude and his arm exploded into gore.

Shoot 'Em Up - 4/10

I probably saw this before but I caught part of it when I got home from work. Pretty horrible movie.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Haha, that movie was awesome. One of those oddball 80s movies that normally would never be greenlighted.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah. Is there any others I should see?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Shoot 'Em Up - 4/10

I probably saw this before but I caught part of it when I got home from work. Pretty horrible movie.[/QUOTE]

That movie is sweet. He kills a guy with a
carrot, a fucking carrot man!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I enjoyed Shoot 'Em Up. By no means a "good" film, but a lot of cheesy, over the top action move fun![/QUOTE]

Exactly! Plus Smith is an analog for Bugs Bunny and Hertz is an analog of Elmer Fudd. He even quotes Fudd in the film "Oh, you're a wascally wabbit!"

The Good The Bad The Weird - 3/5 - First action scene is the best. Good acting and costumes. Kang-ho Song is like the Swiss army knife of Korean actors. He can do anything. TGTBTW is a fun take on a western. I think Survive Style 5+ is a better weird funny asian movie.

[quote name='VipFREAK']
lol, yeah. Is there any others I should see?[/QUOTE]

Bachelor Party. Definitely. If only for the "sunroof scene."

Scott Pilgirm vs. the World - Holy shit that was a great movie. Great. It's obvious that it was created for a target audience (that I just happen to be a part of) but damn it was amazing.

It did make me really want a well done Dragonball movie, though.

piranha 3D - titties and blood! There's a scene where they show a whole frontal on a chick. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was funny and thrilling like final destination 4 but not so pathetic. Nice 3d, too.

date night - I didn't want to see this cuz I felt like it had the same vibe of hangover (good movie but overhyped and alot of hits and misses for me) but it delivered much better. tina fey and steve carell are very good together since they have a similar comedic style.

The Last Exorcism - Not a fantastic horror movie, but a great thriller/suspense movie. It really has you guessing whether or not this girl is just crazy. The scares were minimal though. The set up is near perfect. Too bad the last five minutes or so were pretty different and just plain odd and unexpected.

just saw RepoMen and it didn't suck
also just saw Sands of Time and while the PR kept trying to convince me how it wouldn't be like the gameand it would be different and yada yada yada.. in the end it was what i expected originally so I was pleased.

[quote name='chimpster1313']The Third Man was pretty goddamn awesome.[/QUOTE]

Just put that on my Netflix streaming cue last night. Was going to watch it but decided to just pass out.

Oh i forgot about Grown Ups. It was like the opposite of Date Night. Instead of an all star cast that i expected greatness from and disappointed. I'm presented with an all star cast that i expected to suck and instead was every bit as funny as you could dare to hope.

Darn close to classic status.

[quote name='DrMunkee']The Last Exorcism - Not a fantastic horror movie, but a great thriller/suspense movie. It really has you guessing whether or not this girl is just crazy. The scares were minimal though. The set up is near perfect. Too bad the last five minutes or so were pretty different and just plain odd and unexpected.[/QUOTE]

I saw this as well and was pleasantly surprised with it. I actually really liked the ending, because you think one thing is going to happen and it's something else.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Oh i forgot about Grown Ups. It was like the opposite of Date Night. Instead of an all star cast that i expected greatness from and disappointed. I'm presented with an all star cast that i expected to suck and instead was every bit as funny as you could dare to hope.

Darn close to classic status.[/QUOTE]

I watched that a few weeks ago in the theaters, I myself was quite surprised by it. I was expecting cheap over the top comedy just judging from part of the cast that was in it. But I was pleasantly surprised by the overall seriousness and comedy of the movie.

Since last post:

The Abyss
The Nest
He Was A Quiet Man
Vulgar

Was trying to get through some un-watched DVDs of mine. The Nest was a surprisingly awesome action movie.

Slaughter High - 2/5 - Blah hard one to get into. 80s horror film. Nerd gets picked on by a gang of kids. Gang of kids severely burn the nerd who is carted away. Fast forward 10ish years later, gang of kids reunite at the school and party. Masked man come back to murder them for what they have done. At first the movie felt like a lot of the 80 films like April Fools, Prom Night, Happy Birthday to Me. Slaughter High has a weaker cast of characters, script and charm... so it was harder to enjoy. There are a few enjoyable kills like the lawn mower which is probably the highlight of the movie. The movie is shot in the dark 80% of the time which isn't a great choice. There aren't too many funny moments and the ending is very much a miss. Overall Slaughter High is a crappy 80s movie. If you wanna see a better movie which follows the same formula and is more enjoyable, go watch Prom Night.

The Stranger - 2/5 - Steve Austin forgets who he is and murders a bunch of people on the way to figuring out himself. Erica Cerra is attractive, action is bland and story isn't that great. I guess if you are a huge Steve Austin fan you probably already watched this movie. I don't think The Stranger is a good direct to dvd action movie, im sure Seagal or Dolph has some better ones available atm. The story doesn't carry the movie...which I think they thought it would. The twists and turns in the story aren't that dramatic or surprising. I really wish the action was better since a couple good scenes could have saved the weak story. Do not rent if you are looking for an action movie. The Stranger is more of a Thriller which is not that interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
EXpendables - No real story-line at all, and everyone other than Stallone and Statham don't get much screen time, but it has a ton of explosions!

[quote name='Pavel6969']EXpendables - No real story-line at all, and everyone other than Stallone and Statham don't get much screen time, but it has a ton of explosions![/QUOTE]

Jet Li was in it a bunch too

[quote name='chimpster1313']Re-watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with some friends who have never seen it. Every time I watch that movie, it gets better. I fucking love it.[/QUOTE]
whats it about? i own like all of his movies but that because it just seems... :booty:

watched Kick Ass, was really good

rewatched Dragon Tiger Gate with a friend, was pretty good... just need to fast forward through the flash backs as a kid since its like filler pretty much:bomb:

*Edit* We also watched [REC], it was pretty nice, part 2 sucks though :|

The Expendables was the last thing I saw in the theater. It was pretty neat. Could have been better. I was fine with general cast though they aren't used enough in most cases.

Ive been on a theatre binge recently saw inception, salt, scott pligrim vs the world (2) Expendables, and the last exorcism. I didnt like the expendables much, but loved the last exorcism and scott pilgrim. On a side note ive seen the devil trailer 5 fucking times in theatres!

the part that gets me is how they cash in on M night's name. That name isn't as valuable as after 6th sense. The movie actually looks interesting to me but the m night name shouldn't be used to sell it.

Glory- Really good acting all around, cool action scenes (wish there were more), but the ending is a little predictable. 4/5
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior- What. the. hell? It's like a bad acid trip filled with meth addicts and assless chaps. 2/5

Harry Brown- 4/5
Micheal Caine is awesome in this movie. It was very good and much more graphic than I expected. Not sure if that was a bad thing or good, but it really drove home the point about the bad guys.

The Expendables- 3/5
I enjoyed it for what it was, though I do wish some of the other actors got more screen time. At times it felt like it was only Stallone and Staham in it.

The Other Guys- 4/5
I found this movie absolutely hilarious and have seen it twice now.

Ca$h- 4/5
Sean Bean is great in this movie. I rented just because he was in it and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Operation Endgame- 2/5
It had a few funny spots but overall I couldn't wait for it to end. Maybe watch the first twenty minutes and then turn it off.

I don't know who all has Netflix, but a SHITLOAD of great movies just got put on this month, so if we have time, this thread ought to get ridiculously expansive.

[quote name='chimpster1313']I don't know who all has Netflix, but a SHITLOAD of great movies just got put on this month, so if we have time, this thread ought to get ridiculously expansive.[/QUOTE]

I saw that! All the Godfathers, Iron Man, Star Trek. It was awesome.

But I was also under the impression that the Indiana Jones movies would be available, and I even had them in my DVD queue and they had them labeled as "Watch Instantly - 9/1", but for some reason they never made them available.

Clash of Duh Titans - 5/10

It was pretty bad. Avatar guy killed it from the start being in Avatar and then doing the same things in this movie to Avatar and T4. Gemma Arterton and Alexa Davalos were great to see though.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Pandorum.

I enjoyed it. Decent sci-fi horror/thriller.[/QUOTE]

It's cool that for all the plot holes you can try to find, they are almost all explained. A pretty well thought out script for such an obscure movie.

TiMER - This movie had a fun concept, it was a nice little romantic/sci-fi/comedy concoction. The problem was that I had no really true like or sympathy for any character except the main character's sister, which is NOT good no matter what movie you're watching.

Husbands & Wives
The Lawnmower Man
Point of No Return
Flash Point
Pup Fiction

Somehow the missus had never before seen Pulp Fiction, so that had to be rectified.

bread's done
Back