Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

The Perfect Host - 3/5 - A man robs a bank and is injured and while the heat is on he goes over to David Hyde Pierce's house (the brother in the show Frasier) to lay low. David Hyde Pierce is having a dinner party and allows this lying guest into his home who claims to know his wife, but the robber picked the wrong house. Pretty interesting movie, David Hyde Pierce does a pretty awesome job. Its not going to win any awards but it is definitely a solid movie which a lot of people will over look. Watch the trailer, if it looks like something you would enjoy or interests you I would check it out.

[quote name='lokizz']watch Winebago Man its on netflix very good movie.[/QUOTE]

I second this. Hilarious but very thought-provoking as to all the Youtube stuff.

High and Low = wow. I don't think any movie these days will ever stand up to this movie. It's just so well done as far as directing by Kurosawa. I mean I like his other movies a lot, but this one stands out for me just so well. Can't believe I didn't see it sooner.

Captain America = I've hated every single comic book superhero movie made so far, but I actually enjoyed this one, mainly because it was constantly moving along and not dwelling on boring bs most of those movies do.

The Rock = Watched it in HD and i've seen this movie a lot. Probably Michael Bay's only "good" movie, but my god, it's so much cornier than I remember seeing it when I was very little. Sean Connery = awesome possum.

Saint (Saint Nick) - 3/5 - Film made in the Netherlands, story about the "truth" behind Santa Claus who ends up being a murderous zombie/ghoul. The movie has a lot of people being stabbed by objects off screen which is fun to watch but the true entertainment comes from the english dubbing. It never gets less funny when a child talks like a 30 year old male who has been smoking since he was 17. The movie seems pretty well written with some funny dialog. The movie moves along well, which is good for a horror movie especially since a majority of them now lag a lot in the middle. This movie kept moving along and really shined due to the entertainment that could be had with the dubbing. If you want to start off the christmas season right I would recommend checking out Saint. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1167675/
trailer:

Horror movie day for me.

Pandorum - Just ok, wasn't too exciting and the mutants were pretty dumb
Mimic - Haven't seen this in a very long time so I pretty much forgot everything about it, but I remember liking it, and I still like it very much
The Lost Boys - Still a classic
Friday the 13th (Original) - Still a classic

[quote name='naiku']The Perfect Host - 3/5 - A man robs a bank and is injured and while the heat is on he goes over to David Hyde Pierce's house (the brother in the show Frasier) to lay low. David Hyde Pierce is having a dinner party and allows this lying guest into his home who claims to know his wife, but the robber picked the wrong house. Pretty interesting movie, David Hyde Pierce does a pretty awesome job. Its not going to win any awards but it is definitely a solid movie which a lot of people will over look. Watch the trailer, if it looks like something you would enjoy or interests you I would check it out.[/QUOTE]

id second this movie watched it today on netflix and its a great flick. not too happy with the very ending of it but fuck i was impressed by davids acting he worked that role.

naiku you may want to spoiler your description some part of the surprise of the film is contained in it. that said great suggestion im glad i took the time to see it.

Captain America.

Kind of underwhelming. The other Avenger lead ins were still solid stand alone films. This one just felt like nothing more than an Avengers set up. I've never been much of a fan of this character though.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Captain America.

Kind of underwhelming. The other Avenger lead ins were still solid stand alone films. This one just felt like nothing more than an Avengers set up. I've never been much of a fan of this character though.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way. The movie was better than I thought it would be, however I didn't think it was great. Captain America just isn't an interesting character IMO. Plus it's nearly impossible for me to take someone wearing that costume seriously.

I'm probably the only person that thinks this, but I wish they would make a Dum Dum Dugan spin off after seeing McDonough play him in the Captain America movie. Hopefully he'll be a significant character in the Nick Fury movie.

Saw the Last Exorcism this weekend and give it a strong recommendation. Its not your typical exorcism movie, instead it follows a pastor who doesn't believe people are actually possessed, he thinks its a symptom of small minds from small towns. He uses some slight of hand to make it look like demons are talking, their kids feet are making water boil etc etc, then does a fake exorcism.

He lets a film crew follow him on one such event, but things get complicated fast. One of the nice things is you can never fully tell whats going on. My wife seems to guess the ending to even the most complicated/twisting movies but she was guessing till the end of the girl was possessed, abused, mental or what.

Saw Brick a few days ago, loved pretty much everything about it. I think I rented it once years ago but returned it without watching it. I blew it! #-o

Saw Attack the Block last night. Didn't go into it expecting tons of laughs but was surprised that there were virtually no laughs. I guess I just expected a lot more comedy from one of Edgar Wright's collaborators. As an action movie though, it works.

Bridesmaids... My girlfriend wanted to see it, and after being subjected to Bride Wars, I figured any movie with Bride in the title would be like death. Surprisingly, it was actually funny.

the captains its a documentary of sorts where willam shatner interviews/ talks with everyone whose played a captain in a star trek series. you learn some interestings things about them though dont expect too much from sysco hes kinda out there but it was cool to see him.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

Better than episode one but not much. Way too lengthy, and Anakin was a annoying emo punk. At least there was less Jar Jar though

8.5/10

Trollhunter: Awesome movie. Pretty abrupt ending, like the Blair Witch Project, but it was a really good movie overall.
Bronson: Wow, I really don't know what to think of the movie. Tremendous acting but the main character clearly has some issues. I mean, the guy has spent 34 years in jail and 30 of them have been in solitary confinement. I wonder how much of the character's life was exaggerated.

[quote name='Oaxan']The Blair Witch Project

Paranormal Activity was scarier than this shit... and PA sucks gorilla nuts.[/QUOTE]

Watch the sequel. Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows -- Not scary, it's f--king disturbing.

it's a more Hollywood style teen thing, much better.

I Saw the Devil

BAhbCFsHOgZmIikyMDExLzA3LzIzLzE5LzUxLzEwLzU5My83MDE0NDU1NC5qcGdbBzoGZToIanBnWwg6BnA6CnRodW1iIg0xMjV4MTg1Iw.jpg

Soo-hyeon is a secret agent who works a lot. He gets a call from his girlfriend telling him she has a flat tire, but not to worry, she has locked the car and is waiting for the tow truck company. A van comes along and a guy offers some help, but she refuses with a smile and then...
----

This is one of the best revenge films I have seen for a little while! Brutal and unrelenting.

*Do not watch the trailer* if you are going to pick this up, just get it and watch it blind, it will be 10 times more exciting.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

Better than episode one but not much. Way too lengthy, and Anakin was a annoying emo punk. At least there was less Jar Jar though

8.5/10[/QUOTE]
Write a negative review.

8.5/10

Also, my last movie was Seven Samurai, which was... way better than I thought it would be. I mean, shit, that was actually pretty fucking good.

Four Lions

Great dark comedy about some wanna-be jihadists in London. Took me a few minutes to understand them due to the British accents but after that I laughed quite a few times. In addition to the comedy it also has some more poignant moments. Don't want to give away too much, so I'll stop there. This is on Netflix streaming for those of you who have that.

Saw Moneyball. Story was good but the movie could have been better. I found the movie a little quiet and lacking in excitement for a story that should have made a classic feel-good, underdog sports movie. I didn't get all they hype for the movie.

A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas- Oddly enough my group of friends picked a 2D version of the film and it hurts on a couple of occasions. The movie does actually hold up well without it and I would say that it was a very nice surprise. The trailers had me worried that it would be all soulless and going through the motions but there were laughs to be had rather often. The little waffle making robot toy that you see in the movie would make an excellent present.

[quote name='iRobotZombie']I Saw the Devil

BAhbCFsHOgZmIikyMDExLzA3LzIzLzE5LzUxLzEwLzU5My83MDE0NDU1NC5qcGdbBzoGZToIanBnWwg6BnA6CnRodW1iIg0xMjV4MTg1Iw.jpg

Soo-hyeon is a secret agent who works a lot. He gets a call from his girlfriend telling him she has a flat tire, but not to worry, she has locked the car and is waiting for the tow truck company. A van comes along and a guy offers some help, but she refuses with a smile and then...
----

This is one of the best revenge films I have seen for a little while! Brutal and unrelenting.

*Do not watch the trailer* if you are going to pick this up, just get it and watch it blind, it will be 10 times more exciting.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully going to rewatch this tonight with a few friends. I love the film but they haven't seen it yet.. should be in for a treat!

Falling Down - 9/10

I'm not really a MD fan so I can't believe I'm saying Micheal Douglas and funny in the same sentence. Anyway, there are some parts I've must have seen since they seem familiar somehow. I must not have seen the whole thing or something. This movie was quite hilarious and actually seens appropriate for the time we are in right now. I think my fav part has to be the fast food joint. LOL.

Tower Heist 7/10

It had some decent laughs and some decent heist action, but the split between them caused the movie to excel in neither. Eddie Murphy FINALLY played a bit raunchier of a character than his lame family movie roles. Glad to see him getting back to his roots. Makes me look forward to the new Beverly Hills Cop. Mathew Broderick sucked in this movie btw. He was neither funny or interesting. Just boring and quite the pussy. Ben Stiller easily kept this movie from falling apart though. He did a very, very good job. If he had better supporting comedians, it could've been one of his best movies.

Overall, I'd say rent it. It was enjoyable for a single viewing, but it's not one of those movies I'd ever watch again by choice.

[quote name='iRobotZombie']I Saw the Devil

----

*Do not watch the trailer* if you are going to pick this up, just get it and watch it blind, it will be 10 times more exciting.[/QUOTE]

awesome movie man watched it on netflix and wow. its a pretty gruesome flick but not as gory as nowhere man or that one where the pimp was looking for the guy killing hookers ( sorry i cant recall the name) that movie was damn disturbing had one of the most depressing endings.

[quote name='lokizz']awesome movie man watched it on netflix and wow. its a pretty gruesome flick but not as gory as nowhere man or that one where the pimp was looking for the guy killing hookers ( sorry i cant recall the name) that movie was damn disturbing had one of the most depressing endings.[/QUOTE]
Man from nowhere? That movie was the shit! Just saw it again over the weekend drunk as hell. That scene where he gets chased and just busts through the second floor window and rolls it off. I had to rewind that twice cuz it was so sweet and it was all in one shot AND no stunt double! But I think I saw the Devil is way more graphic. Just straight disturbing. That evil character is just really fucked up and he portrays it so well. I tried to get my friend to watch and he did not like that shit. I think he's a bit turned off by korean movies since they all seem to be bat shit insane. The movie you're thinking about is Chaser.

Saw:

Bunraku - An undeniably stylish martial arts movie. Sadly, the simple story drags and just isn't told very well. Incredibly anticlimactic final fights hurt the experience even more since I was looking to the fighting to make up for the shortcomings in the story. Still, the fights leading to the final match ups are good fun and the world setting is interesting. This could have been more than a novelty in the right hands - and that's frustrating.

MacGruber - Directed by one of the Lonely Island Boys and has their brand of comedy. Certainly has its moments. Hated by many and I can see why. I don't have very strong feelings about it either way. I laughed a few times but generally I don't like straight up comedies. I also don't like Dramedy. At all. The most hilarious movie I've ever seen was Hot Fuzz and this is no Hot Fuzz. Not even remotely close. I usually go to TV for laughs, not movies. I don't know if anyone else feels that way.

X-Men First Class - I was cautiously optimistic about this movie and it had its weak spots for sure - but the cold war setting is brilliant and McAvoy and Fassbender kill it as Xaiver and Magneto. Will probably buy this on Blu at some point.

After seeing how awesome Fassbender was in X-Men First Class, I'm gonna find some more stuff he's been in.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Fast Five - A movie with a large cast like this could've used a death scene of one of the good guys. The bad guys can't aim for shit!

9/10[/QUOTE]

I watched that the other night as well. I have to say that I feel it was the best most entertaining since the original, as long as you take it with a grain of salt. Technically
Vince did die, as a good guy. Though he hasn't been one of the main cast. I am kind of disappointed that it seems they are undoing Leddy's death.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I watched that the other night as well. I have to say that I feel it was the best most entertaining since the original, as long as you take it with a grain of salt. Technically
Vince did die, as a good guy. Though he hasn't been one of the main cast. I am kind of disappointed that it seems they are undoing Leddy's death.
[/QUOTE]

man shes a lucky bitch man didnt they bring her character in re back from the dead too?

Attack the Block. My 3rd fave released this year after #1 Drive and #2 Hanna. The lead deviant from Attack the Block acts/looks like Denzel Washington minus 30 years. Bright future for this kid.

[quote name='vrblknch']Attack the Block. My 3rd fave released this year after #1 Drive and #2 Hanna. The lead deviant from Attack the Block acts/looks like Denzel Washington minus 30 years. Bright future for this kid.[/QUOTE]

yeah man he stodd out definelty thats what makes the movie so great one minute you hate them and the rest of the film youre rooting for them lol. way better than super 8.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Falling Down - 9/10

I'm not really a MD fan so I can't believe I'm saying Micheal Douglas and funny in the same sentence. Anyway, there are some parts I've must have seen since they seem familiar somehow. I must not have seen the whole thing or something. This movie was quite hilarious and actually seens appropriate for the time we are in right now. I think my fav part has to be the fast food joint. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how the movie is funny.

bread's done
Back