Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

[quote name='camoor']The new Silent Hill movie trailer actaully looks pretty good. Looks like they're going with a loose adaptation of the first game combined with elements from the third game.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually really looking forward to that. I enjoyed the first one a lot.

[quote name='whoknows']Sinister - Very unsettling and creepy movie. Actually scary unlike a lot of horror movies. I was really looking forward to it and it delivered unlike the last horror movie I was excited for that turned out to be a huge letdown (Silent House).[/QUOTE]

Weren't you so depressed the whole time watching it though?

just rewatched Green Lantern.. :shake: it's such a bloody shame. Green Lantern is a good character but they just ruined it. Way too much CGI and I double checked the plot literally doesn't make sense. Contemplating putting up a blog about it but I kinda want more. I like Green Lantern just not this movie.

[quote name='Wolfkin']just rewatched Green Lantern.. :shake: it's such a bloody shame. Green Lantern is a good character but they just ruined it. Way too much CGI and I double checked the plot literally doesn't make sense. Contemplating putting up a blog about it but I kinda want more. I like Green Lantern just not this movie.[/QUOTE]
They'd be better off doing it as an animated movie, actually a lot of these superhero movies would do better in animated form. The DCAU movies are usually pretty good, better than these mufti-million dollar live action films.

[quote name='Wolfkin']just rewatched Green Lantern.. :shake: it's such a bloody shame. Green Lantern is a good character but they just ruined it. Way too much CGI and I double checked the plot literally doesn't make sense. Contemplating putting up a blog about it but I kinda want more. I like Green Lantern just not this movie.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was a fun movie that had a lot of promise, but they kept waffling everything and dumbing it down. Personally, I still think John Stewart would've been a better choice than Hal Jordan. Knowing Hollywood, they probably would've casted Will Smith...lulz

[quote name='JJSP']Lawn Party.[/QUOTE]

That scene was pretty hardcore and they didn't even show any blood/gore. I think Sinister is on the list of my favorite horror movies now and possibly favorite movies in general.

[quote name='VenomA7X']The last movie I saw in theater that I thought was gunna completely suck but ended up being awesome was Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That movie was a lot better than expected. I really enjoyed it.

Just saw a movie in the theater for the first time since Pometheus. Watched 7 Psychopaths with my friend.

It was all over the place, but in the end I think I'm glad I watched it. Definitely not cliche! I don't know if I can recommend it to the general public - only to people that I personally know would like that kind of movie. Overall, In Bruges (by same writer) was better, IMO.

The Avengers .... Hate to say it but I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, I love superhero movies and this one was ok, I just felt it could have been better.

The buildup in the first half of the movie was pretty disappointing to me.

Maybe my opinion was skewed because I hold all superheros now to the standard of Iron Man. I thought Iron Man 1 was exceptionally well done.

[quote name='Steggy']The Avengers .... Hate to say it but I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, I love superhero movies and this one was ok, I just felt it could have been better.

The buildup in the first half of the movie was pretty disappointing to me.

Maybe my opinion was skewed because I hold all superheros now to the standard of Iron Man. I thought Iron Man 1 was exceptionally well done.[/QUOTE]
I thought I was the only one that wasn't that amazed either.

I enjoyed The Avengers, but just as a good popcorn movie. Some good action, good one liners etc. Overall an entertaining experience. But nothing mind blowing or anything I'd watch over and over. I'll probably buy it on Blu at some point, but not for more than $10.

I'm the complete opposite when it comes to The Avengers. And maybe it's because I'm enamored with the universe, as well as used to Joss Whedon. I thought the movie did most of the things (action, witty banter, emotional motifs, among others) pretty well, and juggles the star-studded, ensemble cast without particularly leaving anybody out.

And yeah, you could make the argument that Hawkeye needed more time, but he's just a dude with a bow and arrow. Albeit, a cool ass dude. Sure it had it's problems, but what movie doesn't? But each person has their own likes and dislikes, and I get that, while others don't.

Watched Men in Black 3 last night and it was actually pretty good. Better than the second. Josh Brolin did an awesome job as K. I didn't expect much, but it pulled through, so I'd suggest watching it if you're a fan of the series.

The Mist:

-Not really a monster movie, but more of a movie on how to deal with people. Enjoyed it and then the ending happened, it was depressing.

Contraband:

-Not sure what the idea was behind this movie, but it needed more JK Simmons screen time.

The Avengers was a fun popcorn movie, not stupid but not too smart or deep either. The other marvel movies felt like smaller scale previews, so when I saw avengers it didn't feel new or impressive. The characters weren't that great either(Ironman was cool), so that didn't help me like it more.

i finally saw the avengers and i was bored through most of it. alot of the banter felt forced and the humor was lacking so much so i started t not like certain heroes. the only hero who stood out and remained interesting was iron man everyone else felt replaceable and interchangeable.

the robert downey junior Sherlock Holmes films kick ass the second one took a bit to get interesting but once things picked up it was even better than the first film

[quote name='Clak']They'd be better off doing it as an animated movie, actually a lot of these superhero movies would do better in animated form. The DCAU movies are usually pretty good, better than these mufti-million dollar live action films.[/QUOTE]I love the DCAU movies. They're fantastic. Green Lantern: First Flight included. I just get jealous that Marvel is getting popular with their live action films and all we have with DC is a Batman that can't be spun off and smoked too much as a teenager. I really really really want it to happen but sometimes I get worried about Justice League Live Action.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I enjoyed The Avengers, but just as a good popcorn movie. Some good action, good one liners etc. Overall an entertaining experience. But nothing mind blowing or anything I'd watch over and over. I'll probably buy it on Blu at some point, but not for more than $10.[/QUOTE]If you're not gonna watch it over and over why buy it on BD? Evn at $10? Why not just skip buying it or buy a DVD or something? I'm just curious. I support buying discs and all but that just seems ... off.

[quote name='lokizz']the robert downey junior Sherlock Holmes films kick ass the second one took a bit to get interesting but once things picked up it was even better than the first film[/QUOTE]that's awesome because sometimes I'm worried I'm the only one who liked the Sherlock movies almost as much as the BBC show. I too thought the second one was great.

[quote name='Wolfkin']
If you're not gonna watch it over and over why buy it on BD? Evn at $10? Why not just skip buying it or buy a DVD or something? I'm just curious. I support buying discs and all but that just seems ... off.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I may not buy it at all. I mean I could see myself watching it once every few years (before a sequel etc.), but that's about it.

And I already own 300 some movies and hardly ever watch any of them as I struggle to even watch at least 1 Netflix disc rental a week these days, so I really should stop buying things other than absolute favorites.

DVDs are out of the question. I won't buy any DVDs unless its something that wasn't filmed in HD (old TV shows etc.).

Indie Game The Movie

It's pretty interesting seeing people just stopping everything in their lives just for making an indie game. Like some people literally had no money to do anything for a few years, besides eat, sleep and make this game. I felt good to actually see them succeed.

Then again the games featured were Braid, Meat Boy and Fez so it's not like they followed three no name indie games, so I don't know how much was made for dramatic purposes and how much was for real.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Indie Game The Movie

It's pretty interesting seeing people just stopping everything in their lives just for making an indie game. Like some people literally had no money to do anything for a few years, besides eat, sleep and make this game. I felt good to actually see them succeed.

Then again the games featured were Braid, Meat Boy and Fez so it's not like they followed three no name indie games, so I don't know how much was made for dramatic purposes and how much was for real.[/QUOTE]

This movie actually turned me off all three of those games, except maybe Meat Boy. Maybe.

Three different games, but the developers all came off as self-righteous dicks. With the exception of the one seemingly decent guy working on Super Meat Boy.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I love the DCAU movies. They're fantastic. Green Lantern: First Flight included. I just get jealous that Marvel is getting popular with their live action films and all we have with DC is a Batman that can't be spun off and smoked too much as a teenager. I really really really want it to happen but sometimes I get worried about Justice League Live Action.

If you're not gonna watch it over and over why buy it on BD? Evn at $10? Why not just skip buying it or buy a DVD or something? I'm just curious. I support buying discs and all but that just seems ... off.

that's awesome because sometimes I'm worried I'm the only one who liked the Sherlock movies almost as much as the BBC show. I too thought the second one was great.[/QUOTE]
I don't get it, Marvel does good live action movies, but crappy animated ones, DC does good animated movies but besides Batman hasn't done much as far as live action goes lately.

I wouldn't call all of Marvel's Animated movies crappy. Sure some are like Iron Man and Hulk VS, but both Doctor Strange and Planet Hulk are as good as any DCAU movie. But DC does have the wider variety to choose from.

[quote name='jaso']This movie actually turned me off all three of those games, except maybe Meat Boy. Maybe.

Three different games, but the developers all came off as self-righteous dicks. With the exception of the one seemingly decent guy working on Super Meat Boy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I felt that too, but then again I also work in software development so I can see why they feel that way partially. I mean yeah they are still smug assholes but I understand their point of wanting to make a game they want to play without limits from some company.

I also watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi

So it's a documentary about Jiro who is a 85 year old man who charges over $300 to eat at his restaurant. It's an interesting watch because it shows how passionate he is about sushi and how he runs his restaurant. I think CheapyD recommended it at some point.

[quote name='GhostShark']I wouldn't call all of Marvel's Animated movies crappy. Sure some are like Iron Man and Hulk VS, but both Doctor Strange and Planet Hulk are as good as any DCAU movie. But DC does have the wider variety to choose from.[/QUOTE]
Taken as a whole. the DCAU is vastly better, and this si coming from someone who loved Marvel animation back in the 90s. If I'm honest though, BTAS was vastly better than X-Men. From then until now, DC has just had a better quality of animated shows/movies. Granted some were cheap cash-ins, like that Brainiac movie, but those are the exception. Marvel did that stupid teenage Avengers movie which was awful. I actually liked the Ultimate Avengers movies they did, and then they quit. Planet Hulk was good, but it seems to me that good Marvel animation is more the exception than the rule.

[quote name='GhostShark']I wouldn't call all of Marvel's Animated movies crappy. Sure some are like Iron Man and Hulk VS, but both Doctor Strange and Planet Hulk are as good as any DCAU movie. But DC does have the wider variety to choose from.[/QUOTE]I haven't seen all the Marvel stuff but I can co-sign on Planet Hulk (which isn't as good as the comic but honestly.. how could it be) and Hulk Vs (which was half and half. Thor thumbs down; Wolverine thumbs up)

[quote name='Clak']Taken as a whole. the DCAU is vastly better, and this si coming from someone who loved Marvel animation back in the 90s. If I'm honest though, BTAS was vastly better than X-Men. From then until now, DC has just had a better quality of animated shows/movies. Granted some were cheap cash-ins, like that Brainiac movie, but those are the exception. Marvel did that stupid teenage Avengers movie which was awful. I actually liked the Ultimate Avengers movies they did, and then they quit. Planet Hulk was good, but it seems to me that good Marvel animation is more the exception than the rule.[/QUOTE]

The DCAU movies are great even though there are a few stinkers (namely Doomsday).

I remember not watching X-Men as a kid because the animation was so ugly. Just couldn't do it when Batman looked so much nicer. Spider-Man also looked pretty decent, but X-Men looked gross :p

I just wished DC did all their animated shows in the style of Batman/Justice League/Young Justice instead of some of the other junk they're doing (like Green Lantern).

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']So I'm guessing by the lack of the name being mentioned in this thread that Here Comes The Boom did, in fact, suck?[/QUOTE] I've heard some decent things about it

[quote name='whoknows']The DCAU movies are great even though there are a few stinkers (namely Doomsday).

I remember not watching X-Men as a kid because the animation was so ugly. Just couldn't do it when Batman looked so much nicer. Spider-Man also looked pretty decent, but X-Men looked gross :p

I just wished DC did all their animated shows in the style of Batman/Justice League/Young Justice instead of some of the other junk they're doing (like Green Lantern).[/QUOTE]
Beware the batman is gonna be another cg show by them.

Just saw Looper. I have to say I liked it till the end. It could have been so much better if the ending wasn't what was.

[quote name='sendme']Just saw Looper. I have to say I liked it till the end. It could have been so much better if the ending wasn't what was.[/QUOTE]

Care to spoiler it? Dissapointment is easier to take in advance.

[quote name='moon_knight']I've heard some decent things about it

Beware the batman is gonna be another cg show by them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it seems like Timm has been regulated to solely doing movies now, no more traditional DCAU shows. That Batman show looks pretty bad.

Saw Paranormal Hilarity 4 tonight. Truly hilarious. I haven't seen the first three but so much of just jack shit happening. Basically a 90 minute Xbox Kinect ad riddled with a lazy ass demon that takes way too long to get shit done.

Prometheus.

Liked it a lot more the 2nd time around. Shame Scott didn't do a directors cut as adding in some of the deleted scenes that are on the Blu-ray as extras would have improved the movie some IMO.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Prometheus.

Liked it a lot more the 2nd time around. Shame Scott didn't do a directors cut as adding in some of the deleted scenes that are on the Blu-ray as extras would have improved the movie some IMO.[/QUOTE]

Totally with you on your entire statement.

Liked it a lot more the 2nd time around. Shame Scott didn't do a directors cut as adding in some of the deleted scenes that are on the Blu-ray as extras would have improved the movie some IMO.[/QUOTE]
Is there a planned Director's Cut? I would very much like to see that. I enjoyed the movie in theaters but as soon as I was done I was like "this movie had to be pretty cut up. I need a DC version".

Yeah...integrating some of the deleted scenes would've smoothed out the movie a bit. Although, I'm still on the side of "It was one big troll.":lol:

Still a fun movie though.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Is there a planned Director's Cut? I would very much like to see that. I enjoyed the movie in theaters but as soon as I was done I was like "this movie had to be pretty cut up. I need a DC version".[/QUOTE]
There aren't any plans made public anyways, but it wouldn't surprise me to have a super duper collectors edition directors cut with 5 other cuts ala BladeRunner.

Ridley Scott said he decided not to do one, and that the theatrical cut is his director's cut.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he went back on that and did one sometime down the road. Maybe after the sequel.

Doubt I'd double dip unless it was a lot more than just the deleted scenes already on the disc getting added back. As dohdough notes, they would smooth things out some and make it flow better, but not a big enough difference for me to buy again.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Care to spoiler it? Dissapointment is easier to take in advance.[/QUOTE]

You asked for it. If you have not seen Looper yet then do not read the spoiler unless you don't care or have no plans to see it. If you do plan on seeing it I suggest you walk at the last 20 or 30 minutes and make your own ending up.

The movie was great till 2044 Joe realized it all came full circle. Future Joe talks about how in his time this person called the Rain Maker is ending the Looper contracts by sending them back to be killed by themselves. He said that he ended his contract went to China, got into crime then later met this woman. He said she cleaned him up and the got married.

They show more parts as to how things happened at different points in the movie. You later find out that it wasn't to stay alive as to why he went back. It was to keep his wife from being killed. Future Joe felt that if he could kill the Rain Maker that the guys that came for him would never come and kill his wife.

When 2044 Joe hears of this and realizes that all the ones future Joe came to kill were kids. 2044 Joe ends up on a farm protecting some kid. That kid is a powerful TK and doesn't know it. We find out later that this kid is the one that later on grows up to be the Rain Maker. After his mother finds out what he becomes she says she can raise him to be good and to use his power for good.

I had no issue with any of that. What I had an issue with is that 2044 Joe realizes that he is seeing the creation of the Rain Maker. The man from the future kills the kids mother and shoots the kid in the jaw is what 2044 how sees. He realizes that he is to far away to stop his self from the future so he kills himself. No current Joe, no future Joe is that thought. So he stops the kid's mother from being killed.

I could get into how none of it now makes any sense however that can be an issue with time travel movies. The issue that all that causes is how the hell was the Rain Maker made. They made it seem like he had some grudge against Loopers and wanted them all dead. However if future Joe is the one that creates him then how did he get created in the first place when future Joe ended his contract. By ending his contract none of that ever happened. Future Joe's future Joe was dead so he didn't create the Rain Maker so how did he get created in the first place. That is what bothers me about the movie.

It was great till future Joe is about to shoot the kid.

They could have saved this movie by making 2044 Joe's vision become true.

Sinister- fucking amazing imo. Most people haven't mentioned the music, which I thought was fantastic.
Seven Psychopaths
Argo
Thankskilling- So bad its good
Poultrygeist- Same as above

I think I'm going to see Sinister some time in the next few days. I am glad that a "R" rated horror movie has come out this year.

bread's done
Back