TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum @ BB $9.99 YMMV or $20 online

dastly75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum - The game with the drums
marked $19.99 on a monsterous table in the front saying 50% off (each item on table had a red dot sticker to signify 50% off)

snagged 2, took it to register, they had to manually drop it down to 9.99 with manager approval and then fill out some white form .....anyways awesome deal

note: original price is $19.99 at best buy w/o any discounts

YMMV , got this at my St. Pete Best Buy in FL, UPDATE: sold out at St. Pete , FL

$20 online - Sold Out
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6852774&type=product&id=1093469216039

edit: I have 2 sets on backorder at BB.com, I'll take offers via PM for anyone willing to wait for one.

If you do it for in-store pickup, you should be able to get it for $9.99 in-store.

I've done this a few times when something on BB.com is cheaper than in-store, and doing it as an in-store pickup gets it for the cheaper price.

[quote name='nakedsushi']
I never thought my CC was so bad, which was why I went there in the first place, but now I'm ashamed to say, my CC has about the same horror stories as the ones other CAGers have. I got the manager's name and everything and hopefully, I can file some sort of complaint.[/QUOTE]

Never *ever* take something to the customer service desk to price match it, seriously. They usually have all the time in the world to overanalyze everything... you're way better off going to the one cashier they usually have working, who will just let it slide because they do not want to hold up the line for any reason at all.

Unless there were no cashiers working, then what you did is ok. But just going to the customer service counter is like asking for trouble.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Heh, at my CC, all the price matching it done at Customer Service.[/QUOTE]
It's the same at my CC too. I think they have to do all PM'ing at the customer service desk. Unlike bestbuy where they just print your receipt out on a yellow sheet of paper and PM right there at the checkout

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']$15 is tempting... but then again, I have hundreds of games that I haven't beat 100%. Heh.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's ok. What's important is having fun, it's not just all about beating a game...well, I guess with Taiko it is :)

[quote name='takingchase']if you do an instore pickup at BB can you still use the mcdonalds coupon?[/QUOTE]

When I order something and do "in-store pickup" it has a different feel than actually buying the game there. They just take my CC, and have me sign, but I think the time for coupons is during the online part of an in-store pickup setup. I wouldn't chance it.

[quote name='Kerig']Hey, that's ok. What's important is having fun, it's not just all about beating a game...well, I guess with Taiko it is :)

[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, I just meant that I have plenty games to keep me busy....

Just checked BB dot com... none of the stores in the area have it. So even if I did decide to get it, I can't. Heh.

i already own 2 and im thinking about picking up 2 more for the fuck of it...this game kicks ass...it just never gets old...my gf packed it away a while ago because i played it for a whole month straight, every day and wouldn't stop

wow... I can finally get this game :)

my BB is stocked up the arse with this game (they're lying everywhere). If I can make a trip this thurs, that'd be great... I just hope they have the 50% at my kendall miami store.

[quote name='Max Spider X']It says no photocopies allowed on that coupon. Can we still use it?[/QUOTE]

Sure, as long as you don't photocopy the printed out coupon :)

I picked up my Taiko this morning for $15, Thanks OP! It's worth that price just to drum to the Katamari song that's on there. :bouncy:

Bit of a problem, though. The regular BB employee ran over to the register I was buying it at and said "our manager told us not to accept these anymore". So I said "Ok, I'll just use my GGC that I'm buying instead". Turns out the GGC was even more complicated for them to ring up than the McD coupon would have been.

Don't worry kids, this is just at my annoying BB, they also banned the PSP guide coupons that were given out at another BB

I'm kinda bummed, now I can't get Tomb Raider:AoD for free :oldman: Guess I'll have to read the crappy reviews to make myself feel better...

fuck I was just about to order it online and they are SOLD OUT.

I am so depressed right now

EDIT: How accurate is the store locator thing? It says my local Best Buy has it but I don't think that I have never seen it there.

[quote name='whoknows']fuck I was just about to order it online and they are SOLD OUT.

I am so depressed right now

EDIT: How accurate is the store locator thing? It says my local Best Buy has it but I don't think that I have never seen it there.[/QUOTE]
The store locator sucks donkey balls.

From multiple BB reps I've spoken with, if there's less than 3-4 of an item at the store, the website doesn't show it in stock, due to possible inventory discrepancies (theft, returns, damaged merchandise, etc.). I'd recommend calling a store and asking them to see if they have it.

Thanks OP! Surprisingly enough my BB had one left, and I got it for $14.99 with the McD's coupon no problem. I've been waiting for a deal on this one for awhile now.

schnuth

I just picked one up for $15 with the McD coupon just for the extra controller.

I looked for some GGC and all of them have the minimum price of a game to be $29.99. Did they increase the price on the new ones or something or are there still 19.99 ones to be found.

The store locater thing is terrible. I once ordered something when it said it was in-stock, 2 hours laters they send me an e-mail saying they couldnt find it...

Going today to get 2 hopefully, when I called bb, the guy there wasn't very helpful when i asked what the price was....He never told me the price of it, so is it going to be $19.99 at every bb?

does anyone know what the trade in value of this at blockbuster is? I want to preorder my xbox 360 and if i can save some cash by buying a couple of these and trading them into a couple blockbusters for credit I think I will.

[quote name='Prepster']Going today to get 2 hopefully, when I called bb, the guy there wasn't very helpful when i asked what the price was....He never told me the price of it, so is it going to be $19.99 at every bb?[/QUOTE]

yea should be

I was in BB for players guides . . . forgot my coupons! So, I put $15 on a GGC . . . brought my guides to the car and bought the Taiko for $15.

I want it to have a second drum. I wonder if the game itself is PO at EB . . . I could get $10 in credit then on tradein deal (say Zelda).

Got the last one at the Lubbock, TX BB this morning while picking up Lost Season 1. $19.99 in store, though.

Got one for $15 after the MCD coupon. Pretty cool game, even though I had to exchange it. (left rim was busted). The Oxnard,CA location has about 7 or so left as of posting.

Edit: Is it just me or do you have to hit these things with a decent amount of strength? They're a lot more resilient than what I thought, but I dont wanna break mine

Alright, which one of you greedy CAGers got 3 copies from the NYC Long Island City store? I went there to pick up my online order. The lady overlooked my game lying around in the back, and told me to check the shelves if they had more. Then the game dept guy told me someone in the morning grabbed all 3 copies there. We went back to the pickup place, and he found my copy in the back.

I saw TAIKO was sold out online so I used the store locator and went to the Northridge location in Milwaukee, WI which reflected it in stock. I had them scan TAIKO at $49.99 and Donkey Konga 2 (no bongos) at $39.99. They said they weren't aware of any discounts online or in stores or any upcoming sales. All the other stores around the area are sold out of it. Hmm.

I purchased mine a lil bit ago, tried to play it, and I get disc error :( I'm guessing my PS2 doesnt play the blue bottom games, btw this is the first game I have had witha blue bottom and all my other games work fine...damit this blows, I really wanted to play this game!

[quote name='ryanflucas']I saw TAIKO was sold out online so I used the store locator and went to the Northridge location in Milwaukee, WI which reflected it in stock. I had them scan TAIKO at $49.99 and Donkey Konga 2 (no bongos) at $39.99. They said they weren't aware of any discounts online or in stores or any upcoming sales. All the other stores around the area are sold out of it. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Take a print out of their online price in next time you go and have them PM to themselves :)

Thanks, I got a couple for about 32 bucs...after coupons. Hopefully I can get a couple of bucs trade in value at ebgames or gamestop for the extra game.

Thanks OP! I was able to pickup one of these today. I have wanted to try this game for a long time now.

When I left the Tallahassee BB this afternoon they have four (after getting one myself) left. The tag on the shelf still says $49.99, but they ring up $19.99. Good luck!

I called my Gamestop about how much the game trades in for, they told me 11 bucks. I mainly got a second bundle for another drum... so, since my bundle was $16.25 after tax at best buy, I'll get 11 in credit at Gamestop for the game, that means I'll get a second drum for $5.25. The drums are worth it even more if you have the imports.

My best buy (well, one 20 miles away) had a bunch of them for 19.99. I could maybe get an extra or two if someone wanted to trade/buy.

The Best Buy in Kendall (in Miami) had several copies as of last night. They also had one $20 Donkey Konga 2, several $30 Donkey Konga 1 w/ Konga's and several Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with Konga for $40

[quote name='Logain8955']Take a print out of their online price in next time you go and have them PM to themselves :)[/QUOTE]

Actually I've tried that and four Best Buy stores out here refuse to price match themselves. They claim that stock is different online so they blowout items more often and theres no rule that says their retail store needs to reflect the online prices since their stock numbers are different. Sounds kind of hokey to me.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']My best buy (well, one 20 miles away) had a bunch of them for 19.99. I could maybe get an extra or two if someone wanted to trade/buy.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in buying one if you can get an extra (or trade if I can find anything your looking for).

Got mine via instore pickup yesterday. There wasn't a spot/tag for them in the PS2 section of the store so they must have had them in the back. I checked store availability last night and it wasn't available anymore (Onalaska, WI).

got one for 15+tax in MA. They still had a few of them left when I went yesterday. It's probably because they are tagged at $50...
No clearance table though.

The BB near work was sold out of Drum Master and DK1. I've been considering both of these for a while now, but since I already own "real" drums, it seemed like somewhat of a waste. Still, I'll try the BB near home this afternoon and see if I have any better luck.

bread's done
Back