TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum @ BB $9.99 YMMV or $20 online

dastly75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum - The game with the drums
marked $19.99 on a monsterous table in the front saying 50% off (each item on table had a red dot sticker to signify 50% off)

snagged 2, took it to register, they had to manually drop it down to 9.99 with manager approval and then fill out some white form .....anyways awesome deal

note: original price is $19.99 at best buy w/o any discounts

YMMV , got this at my St. Pete Best Buy in FL, UPDATE: sold out at St. Pete , FL

$20 online - Sold Out
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6852774&type=product&id=1093469216039

edit: I have 2 sets on backorder at BB.com, I'll take offers via PM for anyone willing to wait for one.

Yay got one. From experience the drum that comes with it is sucky but for $16 after tax I will gladly pick it up for myself.

Anywho Madison, WI east side had 3 left after I bought mine around 3ish. A local video game seller (right by BB) said some guy tried to sell one to him and refused an offer of $20. The hell don't buy it to sell you tards leave it for somebody who wants it. Is it worth driving all over town to buy something for $16 that you can get ~$25 for MAX? No so stop it. This isn't something to hoard it's just a good deal. Rant over.

Hey guy with pictures you use the same mouse as me yay. You have a ton more stuff than me though.

[quote name='Zoglog']If you look real close u can see my controller under the desk!...
I think my drum is lonely and needs a partner =([/QUOTE]

a8f5a40b8e1c0113428415154efb7f1e.jpg

Based on that suspicious box of tissues ALSO under your desk, I'd have to say your drum isn't the only thing that's lonely. :lol:

[quote name='Logain8955']That flatscreen TV/Monitor is the hottest thing I've seen ever. How many children do I need to sacrifice to Satan to get one of my own?[/QUOTE]

If you just want a flat screen LCD, the Syntax Olievia's are dropping in price signifigantly (and even more so in the next few months) Personally I feel LCD is better for gaming than Plasma since with my old 42" Plasma I would get Minor burn in effects from health bars and what not. It might ahve just been that plasma but With the lower res (1024x768 rectangular pixels) I felt it was better to shift over to LCD so I could use it as a monitor as well as play games like IIDX and Taiko without getting the bars burned in.

The Syntax 32" has dropped as low as $1,079.00 shipped and at 1366x768 res that aint too bad. U can display 720p beautifully. As for the 37" it's around 500 dollars more.

Mine was a rather good deal in my opinon, it's a 37" Sceptre 1920x1080 LCD TV and has some shortcomings in terms of it's ATSC tuner and other "tv" elements in general. But it sports an HDMI port so i'm PS3 ready and it has good resolution to support any HTPC. It was a special at costco online for I think 1699 after coupon but with tax and shipping it went up a good 250 or so dollars. But if you plan on buying a TV I STRONGLY recommend buying it at costco. They have the best return policy ever. I returned my 42" vizio HDTV plasma after using it for 8 months. I had a legit reason to return it (something like vizio sucks =p) but that's still awfuly lenient of them. And if you order a TV online and dont want it they refund the shipping as well.

But yes, Unforutnetly the best buy near my work and home don't have the Drums so i'm fat out of luck =(.

One complaint I have with the drum is that it is not sensitive enough. Sometimes you really have to pound on it and the sound just overpowers what's coming out of your speakers unless u crank it up. Definetly not a nighttime game =/

Based on that suspicious box of tissues ALSO under your desk, your drum isn't the only thing that's lonely.

lol :D at least u didn't see my plastic dildo and astroglide! D: U'd need some hardcore where's waldo skillz for that one.

[quote name='Zoglog']lol :D at least u didn't see my plastic dildo...[/QUOTE]

Now that we've all picked up Taiko for $15, every CAGer has at least TWO of those!

Finally played mine today, it's well worth the price. I was really impressed by the huge song selection. (except they REALLY should have left Tubthumpin' out...I don't even like the drumming patterns they gave it :oldman:

Yeah why dont u rub that in Kerig =p =~( I want another oneeeeee

But yeah, I don't really like the American song Selection so I just imported the Japanese ones :D there are mixes 3-5 and an animix one that I know of. The Animix is the latest release I think.

After calling my bestbuy and being told that they couldn't find the game in the computer, I decided to drive up there and check for myself. The website said that they had some in stock.

When I got there, I found two of them sitting out on a table marked $49.99. I grabbed both, so Carbondale IL BB has no more now.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Oh and I think I forgot to mention that I had to get a slim ps2 to play taiko since my old one wouldn't read the blue discs. LETS ALL POST PICS OF OUR TAIKOS! TAIKO FTW!

Picture022.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My PS2 wouldn't read the game either, but a simple fix for that is to stand the system in the verticle position. PS2 now reads the disc :)

I have to do the same thing with RAD.

that anime = Azumanga Daioh

I just realized the OP lives in a place called Tyrone, FL?! wtf? there's a City named Tyrone o_O?!!?!?!?!?!?!?! Couldnt find it on google.

A coworker of mine picked up 1 (Forgot to ask her to get me one =(), she said there were 6 or so at the Lakewood, CA Best Buy. I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to drive all the way there. Funny I used to live near there in the Ghettos :D

[quote name='Zoglog']that anime = Azumanga Daioh

I just realized the OP lives in a place called Tyrone, FL?! wtf? there's a City named Tyrone o_O?!!?!?!?!?!?!?! Couldnt find it on google.

A coworker of mine picked up 1 (Forgot to ask her to get me one =(), she said there were 6 or so at the Lakewood, CA Best Buy. I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to drive all the way there. Funny I used to live near there in the Ghettos :D[/QUOTE]

Nah, Tyrone Mall is part of Saint Petersburg, FL.

Not sure why the OP wrote Tyrone, because Best Buy's address is in Saint Petersburg... some people refer to it as the "Tyrone area" however.

That mall is a shitty little place, with an equally shitty EB. The staff is ok, but their selection is horrible.

[quote name='BIG5']I've seen them at my store recently, but they were marked at $59.99. Now to see if they'll sell it to me for $20.[/QUOTE]

They might ring up for $20. The ones I got still had the $49.99 sticker on them and the tag on the shelf was also $49.99. I had it scanned and it was $19.99

[quote name='nakedsushi']They might ring up for $20. The ones I got still had the $49.99 sticker on them and the tag on the shelf was also $49.99. I had it scanned and it was $19.99[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm hoping. I love to pick up one or two with coupons.

[quote name='kimsh0t']where can i get the coupon from? link me the cag one or something.

plus does it still work ?[/QUOTE]

There are links on the page beofre this one. Just use a GGC, thats what I did.

[quote name='RawisJericho']There are links on the page beofre this one. Just use a GGC, thats what I did.[/QUOTE]
No more GGCs at my store.

I'm depressed they sold out online still.

I'm going to go check tomorrow, and if they dont have it I will be more depressed.

I wish I would have gotten it online when I had the chance before they sold out.

I wish I didn't buy this game now. I've never played any of the games like this other than Amplitude. I'm starting to see this is a gateway game... possibly leading to Guitar Hero and even DDR. I never thought I'd ever want DDR, but man these rhythm games are pretty cool. I bet they would be a blast to play with friends.

[quote name='RawisJericho']My PS2 wouldn't read the game either, but a simple fix for that is to stand the system in the verticle position. PS2 now reads the disc :)

I have to do the same thing with RAD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I used to have my ps2 in vertical posistion but then it would just plain freeze all the time, regardless of what type of game it was it would just lock up, so that option wouldn't of worked for me. I gotta say that's a sweet banner in your signature, kasey kahne has been my favorite driver since he first started nextel.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I wish I didn't buy this game now. I've never played any of the games like this other than Amplitude. I'm starting to see this is a gateway game... possibly leading to Guitar Hero and even DDR. I never thought I'd ever want DDR, but man these rhythm games are pretty cool. I bet they would be a blast to play with friends.[/QUOTE]

skip DDR alltogether it's bad news. Just get beatmania IIDX =).
And on another note, taiko is much more friend/multiplayer friendly than IIDX since it is easy to pickup. IIDX is relentless to beginners and it's a bit hard to bring a friend over to play with you unless they are around the same level.

sevdustflyer, thanks for the compliment on my sig. I started watching Nascar this year and Kahne has been my favorite driver.

[quote name='Zoglog']skip DDR alltogether it's bad news. Just get beatmania IIDX =).
And on another note, taiko is much more friend/multiplayer friendly than IIDX since it is easy to pickup. IIDX is relentless to beginners and it's a bit hard to bring a friend over to play with you unless they are around the same level.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/beatmania/index.html?q=beatmania

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257908.asp

Is that what you are talking about? If not, could you link me to it. Do you know about how much the game/controller costs?

Word of Caution: All who buy this game, it's fun as hell, but then you will wake up the next morning with some of the "ear worms" in your head. I'm reminded of Fry from Futurama walking around not quite knowing the lyrics:
"Im walking on sunshine, whoa oh, Im walking on sunshine, whoa oh.............................I'm walking on sunshine whoa oh..."

Louisville, Kentucky's wiped out...I got the last one. Damned thanks OP for the post...I've been eyeballin' this at Target hoping it would clearance *some day*.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Does anyone of a pdf of the site before it was sold out? I would like to PM at CC...[/QUOTE]

how much is this at CC? wonder if I can PM with my receipt..

[quote name='racthamp']how much is this at CC? wonder if I can PM with my receipt..[/QUOTE]

CC has it for 49.99. and I was albe to PM it.

[quote name='0192837465']Word of Caution: All who buy this game, it's fun as hell, but then you will wake up the next morning with some of the "ear worms" in your head. I'm reminded of Fry from Futurama walking around not quite knowing the lyrics:
"Im walking on sunshine, whoa oh, Im walking on sunshine, whoa oh.............................I'm walking on sunshine whoa oh..."[/QUOTE]

I think the Ridge Racer song is stuck in my head this morning, fortunately it doesn't have any lyrics to mangle :)

Can anyone actually play this game well on the Hard or Oni setting? I beat the whole game on easy w/100% perfect (gold crowns) on every song my first night of playing, but I feel like a retarded monkey with sticks on the Oni level.

(I've upgrade to real drumsticks after my dog chewed BOTH ends off one of the plastic drumsdicks, I like it much better now. Thanks, bad dog!)

Sweet, picked up a copy for $15 at BB today at the N. Academy store in CO Springs. There were 3 copies left (1 of which was an open box return marked at $53)...

[quote name='RawisJericho']sevdustflyer, thanks for the compliment on my sig. I started watching Nascar this year and Kahne has been my favorite driver.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/beatmania/index.html?q=beatmania

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257908.asp

Is that what you are talking about? If not, could you link me to it. Do you know about how much the game/controller costs?[/QUOTE]

No idea how much the USA one will cost when it comes out. But when IIDX first came out for PS2 I bought my controller for $110 (frickin expensive -_-). The games in Japan cost like $60 on launch. I managed to find 3rd style used for $30 which was not bad for the time at all. My 2nd controller I recently bought in feb in Shinjuku for around $45. I'm guessing the US controller will be the same and cost around 50? But if you're looking for the creme of the crop for tapping rythm games IIDX is one of the best, but like I said it's really really harsh for beginners. I had played regular beatmania about 1 year before I went to IIDX's 7 key system and it was like starting over.

When I played taiko about a year ago on the ps2 I got headaches for some reason. However recently (with the drum) I have not been getting headaches at all. I used to play with my IIDX controller hah. But yeah I'm not sure if it's the upgraded GUI in animix or what, but taiko 4 gave me mad headaches. i always thought it was the alternating red/blue.

hey if you PM me quick, I may be able to get you a Taiko set if you haven't already gotten one.

Just PM me a fair price shipped and I'll see what I can do

Alright, I got one!!

I also got:

FFX-2: $5 (after McD coupon)
Rise of Kasai: $5 (after McD Coupon)

there were more, but I didnt feel like using more than 2 of the coupons in one day (I used GGC for Taiko, all were paid for in different transactions).

Its definitely worth getting a 2nd set for the drum - i traded in my game only to gamestop along with 3 crap psx games to build up to the 40% - got $15 bucks for the game(3$ for the other 3 games)

[quote name='whoknows']Alright, I got one!!

I also got:

FFX-2: $5 (after McD coupon)
Rise of Kasai: $5 (after McD Coupon)

there were more, but I didnt feel like using more than 2 of the coupons in one day (I used GGC for Taiko, all were paid for in different transactions).[/QUOTE]

How did you get them so cheap? They were both $20 b/c in my store.

[quote name='whitereflection']How did you get them so cheap? They were both $20 b/c in my store.[/QUOTE]

Well, Rise of the Kasai and FFX-2 were in a 50% off thing making each one $10. I honestly didnt think they would accept the McD coupon, but I went and tried anyways and they did, therefore thats how I did it. I went back to try and get Getaway 2 for that much but they wouldnt accept it, so I guess I just got a new employee or someone who just didnt care yesterday.

EDIT: Also there was 1 Taiko Drum left when I went so I suppose if its still there I could get it for someone for cost+shipping. If anyone is interested LMK and I'll go back and check tomorrow.

So is TAIKO a good game? An EB employee told me it was kind of hard because you had to drum in an exact, "sweet spot." If it sucks, why even drop the $20, IMO.

[quote name='wildnuts02']So is TAIKO a good game? An EB employee told me it was kind of hard because you had to drum in an exact, "sweet spot." If it sucks, why even drop the $20, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the employee had it backwards? The drum doesn't exactly have a sweet spot. More like a sour spot: straight down the middle. It's pretty easy to avoid once you get used to it and it doesn't impede gameplay.

As for the game, it's not bad. Some songs are better than others to drum to. There's limited multiplayer gameplay and the mini games get pretty boring. Luckily, most of the songs keep me interested. I like the Japanese mix better, though.

[quote name='nakedsushi']Maybe the employee had it backwards? The drum doesn't exactly have a sweet spot. More like a sour spot: straight down the middle. It's pretty easy to avoid once you get used to it and it doesn't impede gameplay.

As for the game, it's not bad. Some songs are better than others to drum to. There's limited multiplayer gameplay and the mini games get pretty boring. Luckily, most of the songs keep me interested. I like the Japanese mix better, though.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. So if Donkey Konga (1 or 2) vs. TAIKO, who wins???

I don't own DK and I've only played it in the store and once at a friend's house and I didn't really feel any compulsion to play it after those few times. It seemed too easy, but it might have just been the song.

I was really impressed with the game yes its very hard at first especially with the blue dots but after some time it gets easier. It is a lot of fun also

wewt got my 2nd drum today for $15 after GGC although the cashier was an idiot who didnt apply the GGC (despite telling her to apply it at least 3 times) which forced me to return the game, and buy another one. then they had problems applying the GGC and had to get the manager's appoval and whatnot.

finally got it though :) thanxs op!

I bought a couple at CC for $17 each. My BB still has two or three, but the cost of shipping one of these to someone might not be worth it... (I also got DK2 at the same time for $18.49... I only know the R.E.M. songs on it though...:cry: )

bread's done
Back