TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum @ BB $9.99 YMMV or $20 online

dastly75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum - The game with the drums
marked $19.99 on a monsterous table in the front saying 50% off (each item on table had a red dot sticker to signify 50% off)

snagged 2, took it to register, they had to manually drop it down to 9.99 with manager approval and then fill out some white form .....anyways awesome deal

note: original price is $19.99 at best buy w/o any discounts

YMMV , got this at my St. Pete Best Buy in FL, UPDATE: sold out at St. Pete , FL

$20 online - Sold Out
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6852774&type=product&id=1093469216039

edit: I have 2 sets on backorder at BB.com, I'll take offers via PM for anyone willing to wait for one.

UPC 7 22674 10023 6

Just picked a set up at BB Pentagon City (~5 more left). Store was a complete zoo. Marked $59.99, but $19.99 at checkout. W/McD's coupon and tax, total was $15.74.

Not sure if this was posted and I don't care to read through all the spam :\

GameCrazy is still offering $18 trade-in credit for Taiko, so if you get it for $15 and decide the game sucks/isn't your thing, I suggest you get $18 credit and avoid paying $8 to ship it in a trade (not to mention trying to find a box for the damn thing).

[quote name='LaseK']EBgames Canada offers $10 tradein for it. : ([/QUOTE]

Well, we all hate people that have gamecrazy here in the US when we dont, so join the club!

[quote name='freshzen']Not sure if this was posted and I don't care to read through all the spam :\

GameCrazy is still offering $18 trade-in credit for Taiko, so if you get it for $15 and decide the game sucks/isn't your thing, I suggest you get $18 credit and avoid paying $8 to ship it in a trade (not to mention trying to find a box for the damn thing).[/QUOTE]

And FYE gives 17.50.

I'm not going to read back, but in general, has the 9.99 price point been found in MOST stores or only a few?

Regarding trade-in values... Is that for the game only? Could I keep the drum peripheral and sell the game?

I doubt you'll say yes of course -- I can't see why the game by itself would be of value to a store. But I don't claim to always understand retailer motivations.

[quote name='geepgal']Regarding trade-in values... Is that for the game only? Could I keep the drum peripheral and sell the game?

I doubt you'll say yes of course -- I can't see why the game by itself would be of value to a store. But I don't claim to always understand retailer motivations.[/QUOTE]

I traded in the game only to gamestop for $15(11 + 40%)

Strange, online it says my store(Ann Arbor, Mi) has them but when I went in they werent there and the employee told me they were not stocking them anymore.

GameStop offers $11 and the WILL NOT accept the drums (strange).

You can try taking just the game into the GameCrazy store, but I doubt they will accept it w/o drums, or they'll just give you like $8.

Only a few stores seem to have it for $10. Most are selling it for $20 and people are using coupon to get it at $15.

[quote name='freshzen']Only a few stores seem to have it for $10. Most are selling it for $20 and people are using coupon to get it at $15.[/QUOTE]

I KNOW! It's so annoying. They rang up as $20 this weekend. I swear back during the big BB clearance (when I had other things on my mind), I saw ones marked down to $10, but perhaps I was confused.

I doubt you'll say yes of course -- I can't see why the game by itself would be of value to a store. But I don't claim to always understand retailer motivations.

It's not like you can't play the game without the drum, it's just not nearly as fun.

[quote name='geepgal']Regarding trade-in values... Is that for the game only? Could I keep the drum peripheral and sell the game?

I doubt you'll say yes of course -- I can't see why the game by itself would be of value to a store. But I don't claim to always understand retailer motivations.[/QUOTE]

I know ebgames doesn't take just the game by itself, it has to come with the drum. So I might go try selling it over at gamestop or gamecrazy.

bread's done
Back