TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum @ BB $9.99 YMMV or $20 online

dastly75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
TAIKO: Drum Master with Drum - The game with the drums
marked $19.99 on a monsterous table in the front saying 50% off (each item on table had a red dot sticker to signify 50% off)

snagged 2, took it to register, they had to manually drop it down to 9.99 with manager approval and then fill out some white form .....anyways awesome deal

note: original price is $19.99 at best buy w/o any discounts

YMMV , got this at my St. Pete Best Buy in FL, UPDATE: sold out at St. Pete , FL

$20 online - Sold Out
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6852774&type=product&id=1093469216039

edit: I have 2 sets on backorder at BB.com, I'll take offers via PM for anyone willing to wait for one.

No go in Montgomery... I checked as soon as I saw the post. The Best Buy here has gotta be one of the lamest in the Southeast that I've ever seen. They won't budge on Donkey Konga II either (still want 49;99 for it). I almost want to drive all the way to Auburn for this...

[quote name='Inferno-X']Don't trust that. My local store had five of them when the website said they were OOS.[/QUOTE]

My store apparently doesn't have them online. And I called, but the guy answered way too quickly that they didn't have any. So I think I'll check by tommorow.

Went by my local BB today and they had 6 remaining at the 19.99 price (Sticker still shows 59.99) Might pick one up using copy of McDonalds $5 off coupon. Congrats on people getting these at 9.99.

When you call in store, do they look it up on the computer, or actually go to down the video game aisle? I noticed at the BB I picked mine up at, the Taiko drums weren't in the video game aisle. They were in an aisle next to CD's, with some electronic toys like those tiger-electronics 20-question toys.

Makes me wonder if the other BB I called, who said they were out, didn't know they were on another shelf in another department.

Mine were stacked up right beside the PSP Accesories area and an employee looked up the price at one of their computer stations next to the game aisles.

Insist that your employee check thoroughly. At my location, I know for a fact that we keep the only two copies of Taiko in the back warehouse in a corner and its been that way for atleast 9 months or whenever we've had them, simply b/c its not a popular game for casual gamers.

I may be able to procure 2 more off of best buy for $42 total(21 for each bundle), I'll do it if anybody wants , PM me initial offers or what not if interested(include shipping)

I see the game by itself trades for 11 at gamestop so at this point I guess I'm gonna have to get another one for a second drum, anyone know the trade value for any other places besides gamestop?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this drum is bigger than I thought![/QUOTE]

That's the first thing I thought when I opened mine, too...well, actually the 2nd thing. The first was "these don't really look like drumsticks, what is this, Rez part 2?" They really should have made the drumsdicks a different color than untanned flesh.

They really should have made the drumsdicks a different color than untanned flesh.

lol...without that Namco and Taiko logo on it, there is really no explaining it lying on your table when someone walks in and says "What the hell is this and what's with all the sweat on it?"

"Ahh thats just my stick for my drum game after a good session of..."

"Sure it is, sure it is" *breaks stick*

"Why did you break it?"

"It made this story more interesting"

"No it didn't"

"..."

[quote name='0192837465']lol...without that Namco and Taiko logo on it, there is really no explaining it lying on your table when someone walks in and says "What the hell is this and what's with all the sweat on it?"

"Ahh thats just my stick for my drum game after a good session of..."

"Sure it is, sure it is" *breaks stick*

"Why did you break it?"

"It made this story more interesting"

"No it didn't"

"..."[/QUOTE]

just pick one up.... is this game good for two people to compete with each other?

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']hmmm, no takers on my extra copy yet.[/QUOTE]

Vulture :p

How much you looking for in a monetary exchange? I'm wavering between no and buying it from an Amazon z-shop (fancy name for selling new stuff in the used section).

My BB didn't have it for 50% off, but I picked it up anyway. twenty bucks is still a a pretty good deal I think.

Ok now that me and my sister are somewhat addicted to this game, where is a good place to buy another controller cheap. Or should I just get another copy. seems kinda of a waste to have an extra game there.

[quote name='dino3333']Ok now that me and my sister are somewhat addicted to this game, where is a good place to buy another controller cheap. Or should I just get another copy. seems kinda of a waste to have an extra game there.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll find bongos for less than $15 (don't forget to use a GGC or McD coupon, guys! either one works with a $19.99 PS2 game!)

Or you can just use a regular PS2 controller for the 2nd player. I'm so used to playing Amplitude & Frequency with a regular controller, that I seriously doubt it would make too much of a difference...but if you're addicted, nothing less will do, so:

A few posts back, someone mentioned you can trade the game-only for $11 at EB. Best bet: buy another set for $15, trade in the game, net cost: $4. Add the cost of gas while driving a Hummer and you're up to $20 :)

Picked up 2 at the Pinole BB. They still had 3 after I left. When I went to checkout the chick asked if I had a friend who just picked up the same thing. She said someone just picked up 2 and also used the $5 off Mcdonald coupons. I used a GGC and she let me get $5 off both. So perhaps another CAG went there today too? I was there at about 1130.

Just got a second set for 15

took the extra game to gamestop and got 11 dollars

got thug2 for 9 dollars

total money out of pocket for two 20 dollar games: 24.99

Oh and another thing, EB doesn't take trades on the game without the drum.

why do people use the mcd coupon over the old $5off PS2/PSP coupon? Don't they work equally the same?

Great deal OP...thanx for posting!

[quote name='menchirox']why do people use the mcd coupon over the old $5off PS2/PSP coupon? Don't they work equally the same?

Great deal OP...thanx for posting![/QUOTE]

In the thread about the coupon, some people have been saying the McD ones are easier to use because you're supposed to print them out of your computer anyway. I did mine with a McD coupon, no problem.

Scored two for $15 each with the MCD coupon.
Dekalb, IL.

Store had 1 more left on shelf.

Rockford, IL has at least one in stock also.

If you don't mind a trip to the boonies that is.
I was there tonight so stopped to check.

[quote name='menchirox']why do people use the mcd coupon over the old $5off PS2/PSP coupon? Don't they work equally the same?[/QUOTE]because the mcdonalds coupon was legitimately distributed online via bestbuy/mcdonalds, whereas the psp coupon was not.

Got two from Circuit City with a price match, no problem. The only BB near me with it in-stock is an hour drive away, too far to drive.

Oh and I think I forgot to mention that I had to get a slim ps2 to play taiko since my old one wouldn't read the blue discs. LETS ALL POST PICS OF OUR TAIKOS! TAIKO FTW!

Picture022.jpg

My 1st gen PS2 wouldn't read them either. So my friend and I traded our PS2s on a temp basis so that I could play this game.

taikos.jpg

[quote name='Max Spider X']My 1st gen PS2 wouldn't read them either.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, is that a Perfect Grade Wing Zero I see? nice.:drool: I just can't make myself part with $100 for a foot-tall model kit. (I'm happy with my Master Grades I bought from Amazon/TRU on clearance for $10-20 each)

I dont understand why so many people say their first gen ps2s dont read the game. I have a first gen ps2 and it plays fine. atleast i think its first gen. i got it a couple weeks after launch.

If you've got disc read errors Sony has to replace it free, plenty of FAQs on where to call and etc. on Gamefaqs.com

Picked up a copy of this at the Coralville, IA BB for $15 after coupon. They had several left. It was not on clearance although there were a few carts with $5-$20 games.

[quote name='Modus Pwnens']If you've got disc read errors Sony has to replace it free, plenty of FAQs on where to call and etc. on Gamefaqs.com [/QUOTE]

I'm almost certain those same FAQs (if updated properly) say they're no longer honoring that.

[quote name='paintballers']Can someone post a link to the coupon[/QUOTE]

The links are on the first post of the forum about the coupon, the same forum you've posted twice on in the last hour :)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45296&page=1&pp=20

I guess I'll answer your question you asked there as well: The original Best Buy $5/$10 games list is the same as it is now, you just have to be lucky enough to find any left. Don't go by the price listed on the shelf. If it's on the list here, it IS $4.99/$9.99. You can always have them price-check just to make sure.

EDIT: the newer coupons are much better, that's a slightly different thread now:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58353

This thread is only 8 pages long, I'd suggest reading through it before going there to see the do's and don'ts of the coupon, otherwise you might come back here tonight rather disappointed (Key point: only use one coupon per "visit")

no dice in montclair and rancho cucamonga, CA.. is this game gonna be on sale from EB sometime? i remember it was on sale for $19.99 or something awhile back ago.

Could someone pick me up a copy of taiko with the drum? I could pay for the game, gas and maybe add a few bucks extra and it would be greatly appreciated as none of the BBs or CCs near me have it and it's backordered online.

got one today for a second drum for $15 after coupon(lol @ the $99.99 price tag on the box) along with a couple of penny guides. I figure it's cheaper to buy the game and trade it in at gamestop for ~$12+ after 10% extra than to hunt down the red octane drum. I actually found the latter at an EB a week or two ago but I came up as $20, I was hoping for $9.99.

in case anyone in the san antonio area is wondering, the best buy by the airport(NE L410, before 281) had around 5 or 6 left, the one by ingram park mall had 4 or so.

[quote name='Zoglog']
IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

If you look real close u can see my controller under the desk!...

I think my drum is lonely and needs a partner =([/QUOTE]

no need for the showoff you rich ass you could buy 100 for full price if you wanted too

[quote name='m0dem']no need for the showoff you rich ass you could buy 100 for full price if you wanted too[/QUOTE]

why the hostility? are you buck nasty from the playa hatas ball?

[quote name='m0dem']no need for the showoff you rich ass you could buy 100 for full price if you wanted too[/QUOTE]

lies, That's offensive =p all my gear is budget and cheapass bought

I was joking chill out but anyway went to the store in Plymouth Meeting, PA today and they had them on the overstock shelf so I picked one up was a couple more there

[quote name='Zoglog']

If you look real close u can see my controller under the desk!...

I think my drum is lonely and needs a partner =([/QUOTE]

That flatscreen TV/Monitor is the hottest thing I've seen ever. How many children do I need to sacrifice to Satan to get one of my own?

bread's done
Back