Tales from Good Will / Salvation Army 2008

[quote name='gareman']white tag 50% off day

all pc
stalker 7.xx
spiderman 3 6.xx

passed as I don't want spiderman and already have stalker.[/quote]

I wish my local goodwill would discount white and/or red tags. They never do as white and red tags are the good stuff.

[quote name='mguiddy']I wish my local goodwill would discount white and/or red tags. They never do as white and red tags are the good stuff.[/quote]

My Goodwill (MN) is for the first time doing red tags 50% off for a grand opening sale next week. I'm hoping for some good finds.

FYI, for those who don't know, Red Tags are usually Target items (i.e. Guitar Hero, WiiPlay, etc.)

[quote name='mguiddy']I wish my local goodwill would discount white and/or red tags. They never do as white and red tags are the good stuff.[/quote]

My Salvation Army does white tag 50% off every saturday. They never ever do red tags though.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I hate you.

Na, nice find. If my goodwill had Sonic toys, I'd shit my pants.[/QUOTE]

i might just have to donate some sonic toys to your goodwill just to make you shit your pants. And take pix. I dont want pics of you shitting your pants, i just want you to take pics of people's reactions to you shitting your pants.

went to goodwill recently and found a new Sega Saturn model2 ($20), new sega master system ($20) a excellent condition sega cd (20), and new sega dreamcast mouse ($5)

i picked up everything except the master system, which I already had.

DSC01280.jpg

Found these at the Goodwill today. The employee was placing them on the shelf as I walked up to the cd/vhs section. I left Platoon, Jackal, Tecmo Bowl (already own) and another football game. Other than Mega Man 6 I never heard of the other games but thanks to Digitpress Dragon Spirit sounds interesting.

[quote name='GoAztecs']
DSC01280.jpg
Found these at the Goodwill today. The employee was placing them on the shelf as I walked up to the cd/vhs section. I left Platoon, Jackal, Tecmo Bowl (already own) and another football game. Other than Mega Man 6 I never heard of the other games but thanks to Digitpress Dragon Spirit sounds interesting.[/quote] You never heard of Little Nemo :whistle2:#.

[quote name='GoAztecs']
DSC01280.jpg

Found these at the Goodwill today. The employee was placing them on the shelf as I walked up to the cd/vhs section. I left Platoon, Jackal, Tecmo Bowl (already own) and another football game. Other than Mega Man 6 I never heard of the other games but thanks to Digitpress Dragon Spirit sounds interesting.[/quote]

Gotta love how people put price stickers on the label.

[quote name='GoAztecs']Yup never heard of it.[/quote]

No Lie My Grandma played the heck out of little nemo, I wold go to her house and she would play it, and i'd just have to sit there and watch. She was the coolest grandma ever!

[quote name='Sinnbox']No Lie My Grandma played the heck out of little nemo, I wold go to her house and she would play it, and i'd just have to sit there and watch. She was the coolest grandma ever![/quote]

After I play Dragon Spirit, Dream Master will be next. A couple of you guys seem to like it so it must be a pretty good game.

DSC01281.jpg

Last night's trip to Goodwill. I found a replacement to my disc only copy of Mutant Academy and found an awesome Georgia O'Keeffe coffee table book. Not a bad haul for 5 bucks.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']i found this at my goodwill
sonic-hedgehog-toy.jpg

got it for 50 cents and the eyes aren't of center like it shows there[/quote]

I found something similar at a Salvation Army. I didn't pick it up though cause it was in a bag marked $2.99 with another stuffed toy. I was wishing Segasonic01 would have been there for the entertainment value. :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']I found something similar at a Salvation Army. I didn't pick it up though cause it was in a bag marked $2.99 with another stuffed toy. I was wishing Segasonic01 would have been there for the entertainment value. :lol:[/quote]
You found a Sonic toy to? :bomb:

I don't want to come back to this thread anymore. It makes me mad.

Legend of Dragoon (GH) for 1.99. Not too shabby I suppose.

I've learned that chain pawn shops can go kiss my butt. What's with all the Xbox sports games!?

Well, a couple weeks ago I went to a thrift store, I think it was Good Will, and got:

Pac-Man for Atari 2600 w/ instructions- 1.00
Resident Evil: Code Veronica for Sega Dreamcast complete- 2.00

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Believe me, I think I'm close to taking a job at a Salvation Army, I've been out of work and taking little jobs here or there for the past year or so to make ends meet. What sucks is that I'm a trained medical coder, but without experience/certification, no one will hire me and I keep holding out for the ONE place I think will let me get that experience by hiring me, only to be disappointed.[/quote]

Even working at an Salvation Army is better than no job.

As for calling the local DM for the Gamestops, you must not have ever read my posts.....

I think even an dumb deaf blind person has seen your rants on Gamestop/EB by now. But seriously if you don't like a store then quit going there. Problem solved.

Today I went to my Salvation Army....The lady saw me come in and yelld across the store "We got some playstation 2 games in, they are in the glass case with the jewlery." I thought that they must be something special since they usualy have the games with the cd's for dirt cheap(I got Contral III for .49 last week, and they had an Eyetoy for 3.99 that i didnt get) I lookd in the case thinking i'd see a MvC2 or somethign of that calibur.....I see a copy of ATV:Offroad Fury, ATV:ORF 2, and pac-man. All priced at 16.99. LOL I was trying not to laugh, They will be there untill some poor mom comes in a dosent know that all 3 are in the local gamestores Bargain Bin for $4 apiece....

Wanna get really mad?

I watched a lady walk out with minty copies of Mario & Sonic Olympics and SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL for $20 each. Both were Target items, and the story on them was that they'd had been damaged in transit (it looked like someone at Target opened the box with a blade when they were stocking, stabbing a hole through the cover art and case on both).

I -wish- I'd have gotten there ten minutes earlier.

[quote name='JJSP']Wanna get really mad?

I watched a lady walk out with minty copies of Mario & Sonic Olympics and SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL for $20 each. Both were Target items, and the story on them was that they'd had been damaged in transit (it looked like someone at Target opened the box with a blade when they were stocking, stabbing a hole through the cover art and case on both).

I -wish- I'd have gotten there ten minutes earlier.[/quote]

BRAWL!!! AMAZING!!! Probably the first time Goodwill broke street date!! lol.

[quote name='JJSP']Wanna get really mad?

I -wish- I'd have gotten there ten minutes earlier.[/quote]
I wonder if she knew.

Does Target only donate stuff to Goodwill or do they also donate to Salvation Army stores? I have a Target opening up soon nearby me, would be nice if they donated stuff to the Salvation Army a few minutes away :)

Would be a change of pace for this Salvation Army if they had Wii stuff donated from Target like I always read about people finding in this thread. I've never even seen a crappy PS2 sports game at this Salvation Army and a total of 1 GC game & 1 Xbox game lol

[quote name='FOnewearl']Does Target only donate stuff to Goodwill or do they also donate to Salvation Army stores? I have a Target opening up soon nearby me, would be nice if they donated stuff to the Salvation Army a few minutes away :)

Would be a change of pace for this Salvation Army if they had Wii stuff donated from Target like I always read about people finding in this thread. I've never even seen a crappy PS2 sports game at this Salvation Army and a total of 1 GC game & 1 Xbox game lol[/quote]
I've never seen Target stuff at SA.

I'm starting to wonder if Target dosen't give to GW in my area, There is a GW right across the street from a Target, and I have seen 2 games there in the 2 years i have kept my eyes on it.

I had a good weekend at my GW I got the following items

Street Fighter 2 (complete with the box all the floppies even the original reciept for the game) $3

Demon Attack (game only) $1

Sega Pico System (plastic cracked but plays) $4

7 Sega Pico games $2.50

The local Goodwill has a crapload of complete Saturn games for $5 each. The only one that stood out was Tomb Raider, but nonetheless surprising to see stuff in such great shape at Goodwill.

Nothing worht talking about at my SA today, but someone did pick up the copy of ATV offroad fury for $16...

Bought Mario Kart DS (complete, bar code removed) for $4.99 today. Also picked up 3x "Fly Music Studio" software discs for $0.50 each. They're for the Fly computer pen thing that Target sells, but I bought them for the white DVD cases - wonderful for replacing rental Wii cases or making custom Wii Sports cases. :)

IDIOT ALERT!!! someone just bought all of the PS2 games that were marked at $16 at my local Salvation Army...The videogame store down the road had all of the same titles in the bargian bin for $3-$4 apiece!!!

I went to GW the other day and got:

Sonic 2 (Complete) Genesis- 3.00
Captain America and the Avengers (Complete) Genesis- 3.00
Awesome Possum Kicks Mr. Machinos Butt (Complete) Genesis- 3.00

I then went to another store and bought:

Flash Gordon Atari 2600- 1.00
Venture Atari 2600- 1.00
Some other Atari Game- 1.00
The Wizard VHS- 1.00

I visit Goodwill(s) frequently, at least once a week, but hadn't had any good scores until yesterday:

:ds: Action Replay DS, opened but apparently complete in the blister pack, $1.99

I had a new one that I got for Christmas that I still haven't opened, so I guess the new one will be going to eBay

Well today I picked up
PS1
Darkstone $2 - doesn't have manual though
:pc:
Descent 2 $1
Sonic CD $2 - in a replacement jewel case.
Isle of the Dead $1

DSC01295.jpg

Found it with factory seal last night. I thought I got a good deal on a game I've been wanting to try for 6 bucks and new. They had a lot of different sealed games for 3 bucks but either I wasn't interested or they were for the Mac.

CRAP!!! I knew I forgot to do something this week. I forgot to go back on the ShopGoodwill site and attempt to outbid one of the high bidders for the dutch auction they had up for Resistance for PS3(sealed).

passed up wipeout 3 for ps1 for $2.59, and GT2 for the same price
GT2 had two simulation mode disks (one was colored and one was gray) and one arcade disk when its only suppose to have 1 simulation and one arcade....weird
for some reason i found a Mortal Kombat 3 box for the genesis but it had The Lion King for the genesis in it....

On a whim stopped by the one North of OSU's campus on High. Found Lunar 1 missing the manual and disc one.

For 99 cents though, I couldn't say no.

Stopped by the Salvation Army yesterday and found this

Earthworm Jim (Sega Genesis Complete) - 1.50

Was the only Genesis game I saw so I probably didn't miss much if anything else. I bought this for the Genesis when it came out years ago so it was nice to get a complete copy to replace my cart only copy.

It's been pretty dry at my Goodwill, but today I found Zelda Collectors Edition (4 game promo) for $5. Minus employee discount, $4 total. Missing the manual, but I'm okay with that.

They also have a xbox with two controllers and three games (Fable, Crimson Skies and I forget the other) for $30. I'd consider picking it up to put on ebay, but I don't think I'd get any value.

Well like 2 weeks ago i found a mint cart only copy of Megaman X3 for the SNES for 1 buck :D and since i played the game to death when i was like 8....i sold it for a sexy amount of 47 bucks :D...i was so happy. ;) but lately my GW has been pretty dry...other than the occasional nes game here and ther.e...

My best Goodwill deals are:
a brand new Wii-mote in package for $10, a Tapwave Zodiac 128meg for $5, a Dish Network DVR unit for $25 (didnt work but the 120GB hard drive did), a sealed 50 pack spindle of Sony DVD-R's, an all metal 4" gumball machine for $8 (perfect for storing dog food and makes feeding her easy) and a Linksys WRT54G (Rev 5.0) for $10.

I know we have got more good deals but those are the ones that come to mind.

[quote name='LuisRM']It's been pretty dry at my Goodwill, but today I found Zelda Collectors Edition (4 game promo) for $5. Minus employee discount, $4 total. Missing the manual, but I'm okay with that.

They also have a xbox with two controllers and three games (Fable, Crimson Skies and I forget the other) for $30. I'd consider picking it up to put on ebay, but I don't think I'd get any value.[/quote]

You'd at least double your money on that. Shouldn't be difficult to get $60+ for that.

Today I went to Goodwill and got:

Gears of War Xbox 360 Faceplate- 5.00
Bratz game for PS1- 3.00

I never knew they made a Bratz game for PS1, but I got it because there was no other PlayStation games with the instruction booklet, and because I am a game collector.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Last time I went in they had some complete "Tabula Rasa"s for (probably) $1.99. Could I flip these for a decent price at GS?[/quote]

I have some of those too at mine. I see a good amount of Games for Windows games (Kane and Lynch, etc.), but I pass on them. Try a search on ebay for final values sold if you want to see if their worth it or not.

bread's done
Back