Tales from Good Will / Salvation Army 2008

I pay tax on my purchases at the SA and at pretty much every thrift store here, and I am in NY and tax where I am is 8.75%. The only place I don't pay tax is the fleamarket. Next time I go to the flea they will be getting more of my business if possible.

I picked up the following at a local SA yesterday afternoon.

For Genesis:

Technoclash(cart only)$1.99
King's Bounty: A Conquerors Quest(cart only$1.99
The Lost Vikings(case, case artwork and cart)$2.99

All totalled I paid like $7.39 including tax. Not the best haul I've ever had, but one of better ones recently. Although, TLV is in the wrong type of case. It's in the type of case typically used for those square EA games.

Oh and at another local SA, I passed on 3-5 combo packs of comics(3 comics in each) for $.99 each pack recently, each of them had one of the trade paperback editions of the Death Of Superman story arc, which I already own in near mint condition.

[quote name='Tsukento']NES - Little Nemo: The Dream Master (cart only)[/quote]

Have fun!! That was one of the best ones to come out for the NES - classic gameplay with a stellar soundtrack.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Have fun!! That was one of the best ones to come out for the NES - classic gameplay with a stellar soundtrack.[/quote]
Hell yeah. I had been looking for the actual game for a good while now after having played it via ROM. Moment I saw it, I snatched it up immediately. :D

[quote name='punkmaggit']Have fun!! That was one of the best ones to come out for the NES - classic gameplay with a stellar soundtrack.[/quote]

The words NES, and Killer soundtrack in the same sentence dosent compute!! lol.

That is a killer game though.

Found this today:

DSCF0005.jpg

Don't know if it's any fun or not yet.

I found a complete
PS1
Mega Man X4 $5 (passed, I already have Mega Man X Collection)

N64 with video cable and the 4 meg expansion pack $5 (Passed, but plan on stopping back tomorrow to pick it up. The expansion pack alone is worth $5)

[quote name='mguiddy']I found a complete
PS1
Mega Man X4 $5 (passed, I already have Mega Man X Collection)

N64 with video cable and the 4 meg expansion pack $5 (Passed, but plan on stopping back tomorrow to pick it up. The expansion pack alone is worth $5)[/quote]

I remember when a used Expansion Pack was $20 at EB and they were selling used N64's with the expansion in them for $20....ya that's EB for ya. They still go for $15 at the local places here.

[quote name='schuerm26']Found this today:

DSCF0005.jpg

Don't know if it's any fun or not yet.[/quote]

That game was in the toy bin in my 2nd grade class. Marbles end up going everywhere if you bump the game. Have no idea if it was fun or not, that was 21 years ago.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I remember when a used Expansion Pack was $20 at EB and they were selling used N64's with the expansion in them for $20....ya that's EB for ya. They still go for $15 at the local places here.[/quote]

I should've picked up all of those expansion packs they had at the local GS dump store before they completely destroyed all of the older gen stuff just recently.

They had about 4-6 of them, each marked $5 or so, with the 75% off it would've come out to $1.25 each.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I should've picked up all of those expansion packs they had at the local GS dump store before they completely destroyed all of the older gen stuff just recently.

They had about 4-6 of them, each marked $5 or so, with the 75% off it would've come out to $1.25 each.[/quote]

I wish they had a dump store here, There was a GS that had a real nice selection of classics up untll about 1.5 years ago then a new manager moved in and shipped them out.

JACKPOT ON GENESIS GAMES!
you know how is its bad if a woman smells like fish?
well the cashier smell't like fish food.... XP
Goodwill001.jpg

Shining in Darkness(cart only) & Rocket Knight (complete)was $2.59
Outlander (complete) was the only Genesis game marked $1
I tried to talk them down but they replied with the usuall "The sticker is LAW"
Passed up Sonic 1-3, Soinc Spinballx2 (cart only and complete), Pirates GOLD (is this fun/rare?) and a bunch of sports titles

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']JACKPOT ON GENESIS GAMES!
you know how is its bad if a woman smells like fish?
well the cashier smell't like fish food.... XP
Goodwill001.jpg

Shining in Darkness(cart only) & Rocket Knight (complete)was $2.59
Outlander (complete) was the only Genesis game marked $1
I tried to talk them down but they replied with the usuall "The sticker is LAW"
Passed up Sonic 1-3, Soinc Spinballx2 (cart only and complete), Pirates GOLD (is this fun/rare?) and a bunch of sports titles[/quote]

You passed up Pirates? Shouldn't have passed on that one.

[quote name='Sinnbox']The words NES, and Killer soundtrack in the same sentence dosent compute!! lol.[/quote]
Never played the old Mega Man games?

[quote name='schuerm26']You passed up Pirates? Shouldn't have passed on that one.[/quote]i never seen/heard of it before so i got what i could with the money i had
i'll go pick it up later; i dont think its going anywhere

[quote name='Tsukento']Never played the old Mega Man games?[/quote]

I meant that as a joke. The NES had so many games with catchy tunes, but when i think killer, I think more than mono....lol.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']i never seen/heard of it before so i got what i could with the money i had
i'll go pick it up later; i dont think its going anywhere[/quote]

Pirates Gold is awesome. I don't think it's particularly rare, but it was one of my favorite genesis games (it was originally on the PC, but it was ported to the genny, thus "Gold").

[quote name='Sinnbox']I wish they had a dump store here, There was a GS that had a real nice selection of classics up untll about 1.5 years ago then a new manager moved in and shipped them out.[/quote]

The thing is though, now NO ONE has a dump store, since I believe it was a companywide mandate to destroy all of the older gen stuff.

So.....does anyone know if either King's Bounty or Might & Magic for Genny are 'rare' or at least good? I ask because I already have KB and I may pick up M&M this coming Friday from the one shop, but I don't wanna pick it up unless it's a decent game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The thing is though, now NO ONE has a dump store, since I believe it was a companywide mandate to destroy all of the older gen stuff.

So.....does anyone know if either King's Bounty or Might & Magic for Genny are 'rare' or at least good? I ask because I already have KB and I may pick up M&M this coming Friday from the one shop, but I don't wanna pick it up unless it's a decent game.[/quote] I want to know about M&M too.
There's one sitting at a used store for $2.

I always felt that Double Dragon 2 had the best soundtrack on the NES.

Headin over to the thrift store today at lunch, I'm hoping for some goodies....but one of the workers is a gamer and takes pretty much everything that comes in with his 1/2 off discount.

They had a ton of games, NES, Genesis, and PS1 but the NES and Genny games were $5 a piece and the PS1 games were $3 each.

Only ones that really stood out to me were Ecco the Dolphin (genny complete) and Blaster Master (NES, cart). Most everything else was either sports titles or games I've never seen before.

I did grab Jurrasic Park: The Lost World on VHS for .50 though.

[quote name='schuerm26']You passed up Pirates? Shouldn't have passed on that one.[/quote]
I played a game by the name of "Pirates" on the NES.

It was utterly boring and put me to sleep three damn times in the middle of gameplay.

[quote name='Tsukento']I played a game by the name of "Pirates" on the NES.

It was utterly boring and put me to sleep three damn times in the middle of gameplay.[/quote]

And yet, Pirates Gold for the Genesis was one of the most entertaining games you can play on the 16-Bit consoles. Weird, huh?

LOL, my SA smeels like mothball covered shit. you can add BO to that mix when standing near a worker.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL Do you live near Eynon in Pennsylvania, TiKi? I ask because the one SA up there smelled like that the other day I was there.[/QUOTE]

LOL , nah I live in south florida. I've been to the SA before but this is the first time it smelled that bad.

[quote name='Sinnbox']LOL, my SA smeels like mothball covered shit. you can add BO to that mix when standing near a worker.[/quote]

LOL What do you expect, they only get minimum wage, so deodorant isn't top on their list of priorities.

The one older lady at the one I went to the other day gives me a weird look every time I go in there because I said how they get the shit for free, there's no guarantee the stuff works and they want as much as if not more than a retail store for some stuff where I CAN get a guarantee.

I mean, I'm all for helping out a charity, but pricing shit stained furniture for $100 for a couch is ridiculous and incomplete Genesis and PS1 systems at $20 a pop and games at $6-7 each sometimes is just ludicrous.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL What do you expect, they only get minimum wage, so deodorant isn't top on their list of priorities.

The one older lady at the one I went to the other day gives me a weird look every time I go in there because I said how they get the shit for free, there's no guarantee the stuff works and they want as much as if not more than a retail store for some stuff where I CAN get a guarantee.

I mean, I'm all for helping out a charity, but pricing shit stained furniture for $100 for a couch is ridiculous and incomplete Genesis and PS1 systems at $20 a pop and games at $6-7 each sometimes is just ludicrous.[/QUOTE]

u gotta be talking about the Eynon SA...the old ladies who run that place must be crazy. VHS tapes for $3.99,lol..???

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL What do you expect, they only get minimum wage, so deodorant isn't top on their list of priorities.

I mean, I'm all for helping out a charity, but pricing shit stained furniture for $100 for a couch is ridiculous and incomplete Genesis and PS1 systems at $20 a pop and games at $6-7 each sometimes is just ludicrous.[/quote]

They should use one of the half used tubes they sell...

Tell me are there any cheapass used underware wearers here? WHO THE Efuck BUYS USED UNDERWARE?? if you need some my SA has tons in stock, and they love hanging huge pairs of whitie tighties on teh endcaps of all the clothing asiles!!

[quote name='lude21']u gotta be talking about the Eynon SA...the old ladies who run that place must be crazy. VHS tapes for $3.99,lol..???[/quote]

That I am, that I am. I had to laugh at how offended the one old lady got when I said that the one game was incomplete and scratched to hell and only worth about $1 IF that and I commented on the huge 'as-is' sticker on the Playstation they had for sale, which was missing the AV wire and had a frayed power wire for ONLY $19.99. I also commented on the 'near retail' prices on furniture, which was what truly set her off. She still gives me the 'evil eye' whenever I go there now.

To them, video games=GOLD obviously.

Oh and Sinnbox, there was only one community thrift store around here which sold used undies and said undies had deep enough shit stains in them that ya saw them from the outside of the pair of underwear. But hey, that's a bonus for the TRUE underachiever who doesn't even wanna work enough to stain their own underwear, I suppose. :whistle2:# BLEH!!!

I remember going to this one thrift store in Springfield, MO and they had a used toilet seat. Yah, and included in the package was shit stains and a little bit of shit caked on. Seriously, who the hell would buy a used toilet seat? Aren't they cheap enough brand new? Well, what was funny was when I went back in a month later, it was gone. So, I wonder if somebody bought it, or if the workers got their heads on straight and threw it away. The world may never know.

[quote name='videogamemaster']I remember going to this one thrift store in Springfield, MO and they had a used toilet seat. Yah, and included in the package was shit stains and a little bit of shit caked on. Seriously, who the hell would buy a used toilet seat? Aren't they cheap enough brand new? Well, what was funny was when I went back in a month later, it was gone. So, I wonder if somebody bought it, or if the workers got their heads on straight and threw it away. The world may never know.[/quote]

LOL, or they put it on the store toilet, with the size of most of the women SA workers I'm sure it puts a strain on the old Porcalin throne.....wait how did this thread get so off topic? lol.

[quote name='videogamemaster']I remember going to this one thrift store in Springfield, MO and they had a used toilet seat. Yah, and included in the package was shit stains and a little bit of shit caked on. Seriously, who the hell would buy a used toilet seat? Aren't they cheap enough brand new? Well, what was funny was when I went back in a month later, it was gone. So, I wonder if somebody bought it, or if the workers got their heads on straight and threw it away. The world may never know.[/quote]

A used toilet seat? Seriously? Man, I thought the used undies were bad, but a used shit stained toilet seat is like 100x worse.

I do have one cool thrift store here, it is a non chain store and it actualy buys the stuff it sells, they reposess Storage units plus buy stuff off the street kinda like a Pawn. They get some sweet games out of the Storage units sometimes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']She still gives me the 'evil eye' whenever I go there now.[/quote]

:lol:

Now all you need to do is glitter and knock something over resembling an magazine rack. ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']:lol:

Now all you need to do is glitter and knock something over resembling an magazine rack. ;)[/quote]

They have a big rotating peghook stand up by the register. :D:lol:

My SA actualy had some good stuff today!! and it was priced right!! buti had all of it.
The only thing that I about got was a CIB genesis 1 system for 12.99, but when i opened it there was a genesis 2 in the box. They also had a saturn for 9.99 but the only game was Daytona. I was hoping for some good saturn games. Oh well I got some saturn stuff for the first time ever at garagesales today.

:cool:

Man, I LOVE hitting up the local Goodwill stores on mondays. They seem to be my best days! Case in point:

All $1.99, all COMPLETE

Genesis/Megadrive
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star III
Lost Vikings
Miracle Warriors (? - Never heard of this one)

PSX
Aerial Combat

IBM/386
Simcity (practically the same one that was on the SNES, came with every last insert and registration card and the 3-1/4" floppy!) - anyone have any idea what this one would be worth? ....prolly not much...

I'm at work so I'll post pics later. I was thrilled to say the least!

5/4 Goodwill Stop

I stopped in here to kill some time before my shift at work. Saw the same old CIB Genesis sports titles mixed in with the dvds. They happen to get in a Nintendo 64 without the hookups for $10 but i passed as i already have 2. Did happen to discover a factory sealed Wild Guns for SNES which i snapped up really quickly as i happened to remember it is quite rare. Scored that for $2.00.

5/6 Goodwill

Stopped in again hoping to find more goodies and i did. Hiding behind some DVDs was a copy of Spartan: Total Warrior for PS2. Disc had some scratches but i said what the hell, total = $3.26.

This is over the course of 3 or 4 trips to different goodwill stores:

1. Gabriel Knight Sins of The Fathers (disc only)
2. Fallout (disc only)
3. Fallout 2 (disc only)
4. The Great Escape PS2 (complete)
5. Star Wars X-Wing Collector Series (complete)
6. Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb PC
7. Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic x2
8. Star Wars Galaxies An Empire Divided
9. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
10. Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon
11. Lords of Magic Special Edition
12. Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3d
13. Europa III

DSCF0142.jpg

Tonight I picked up
DSC01730.jpg

Both complete and earlier this week I bought
DSC01725.jpg

The two Playstation games were picked up at a used cd store for $3.00 each and I picked up Apex at a GameStop. I never heard of the game but it sounded interesting and so far it isn't a bad game.

They had a ton of new and sealed NCAA Football 08 for PS3 for $5. Picked up six. Traded in two to GS and got the extra $10 + EDGE card bonus.. Going to other stores later.

bread's done
Back