Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, now we're talking!! Time to see if GS takes pre-orders for this!!! I have some credit to burn and this game is high on my list!

I will NOT order this if it goes through DR. I will get this through Gamestop or Amazon if they carry it...

I hate to sound like that, especially for a ridiculous Tales fan like myself.... but I have such a sour taste in my mouth after NNK.

[quote name='TooPoor']I hope they would have a steelbook at GS, but sadly no news of it now.[/QUOTE]Well, to be fair, they haven't announced anything regarding a preorder bonus for GS, so there's still hope...right?

But realistically, I expect something like the costume DLC you got for preordering Tales of Graces f.

[quote name='Vigilante']Well, to be fair, they haven't announced anything regarding a preorder bonus for GS, so there's still hope...right?

But realistically, I expect something like the costume DLC you got for preordering Tales of Graces f.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...the infamous "Preorder at GS and get a digital costume/skin/weapon (that's about ~two hundred lines of code)! Hooray!" trick.

[quote name='ck76']I'd like to know the quality of the figurine before paying the extra money.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fishphoenix']Looks cool, would like to know the quality of the figure before dropping the cash though.[/QUOTE]

Quality is equivalent to Banpresto prize figures given out at the UFO machines or B-grade lottery prizes in Japan. Should be roughly $10-$25 market value as all other figures of its type on amazon.jp (most tend to retail at 1240円). Non-scaled would imply that it's made with a lesser grade PVC (probably ASB, arylonitrile butyl styrene?) as compared to the more costly scaled versions.

The plus side is that the listing for the item has increased on amazon.jp due to the fact that the lottery for this figure is months old and that the figure hasn't been on the market for a while. It's also part of the "Ichiban Kuji" (not premium) line of Banpresto figures, meaning that its quality is slightly higher than the average prize figure, albeit still significantly lower than scaled figures:

"Ichiban Kuji and Ichiban Kuji Premium are usually the best quality Banpresto offers and can only be won in Japan through lotteries. The premium figures can go for a lot on the secondary market, but they tend to be quite large, about 1/7-1/6 scale. A prizes are often the most sought after, though it varies between sets. The Double Chance prizes you may see sometimes are extremely expensive. The chance of winning an A prize is something like 2-4%. A prize ticket holders are allowed to draw again. From there, it’s another 2-4% chance of hitting the jackpot and winning the Double Chance prizes"

More info

Funny thing is, it's not the figure with the original color palette that is rare but the double chance jackpot prize, which has a palette swap from red to blue.

2 questions

1) this is only gonna be avalible through Namco right? Not something you can get at GS, or Amazon or anything that will drop in price, right? Sorta like the Ni no Kuni Wizard edition, correct?

2) Im actually curious, how rare is the Wizard edition these days? I have a mint sealed one and a regular copy of the game. I was gonna open the wizard edition because i want the DLC characters, and the book in it, but i heard its really valuable now. Would it be better to open my regular copy to play?

I'm in for one as long as it's not Namco Store exclusive. Even though I did get the Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition, I don't want to support what happened to fellow gamers.

Hoping to pick it up at Best Buy. (Since Amazon now charges tax in AZ). Want to get the reward zone points.

[quote name='shivan128']Will order 1 in-store for pickup, thanks! I hate relying on mail delivery on CE's.[/QUOTE]

well it didnt show up as in store pick up with an option for me?

that said thanks to the other guy for that post. i went ahead and placed an order just in case this sells out before i can get to it in store(whenever stores allow it)

[quote name='lachrymoses']The art book would be nice but I am not sure what I'd do with the creepy little plastic doll.[/QUOTE]
Put it on display along with the other figurines you get from CE's?

[quote name='kayne2000']well it didnt show up as in store pick up with an option for me?

that said thanks to the other guy for that post. i went ahead and placed an order just in case this sells out before i can get to it in store(whenever stores allow it)[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the confusion, what I meant was that I will go to a B&M to order and pick up. I do not believe GS allows pre-orders online to be picked up in store.

[quote name='ApolloSol']i'M TIRED with the tales series never coming on the xbox.... except for vesperia[/QUOTE]

If the xbox 360 had more units sold in Japan I'm sure it would be a multiplatform release. That's why the xbox had vesperia in the first place as well as blue dragon, eternal sonata, enchanted arms and lost odyssey, to get a better following in the Japanese market. But it didn't do much to get them to buy the console so some of those games were then ported over to the ps3 with some added content. Thus Jrpgs mostly on the PS3 exclusively now

[quote name='malethief']If the xbox 360 had more units sold in Japan I'm sure it would be a multiplatform release. That's why the xbox had vesperia in the first place as well as blue dragon, eternal sonata, enchanted arms and lost odyssey, to get a better following in the Japanese market. But it didn't do much to get them to buy the console so some of those games were then ported over to the ps3 with some added content. Thus Jrpgs mostly on the PS3 exclusively now[/QUOTE]

Yep :( I originally bought a PS3 just so I could continue playing the Tales series after Vesperia. I have a little hope for next-gen, but it'll probably be the same thing. If Microsoft goes with always-online, it'll just make the PS4 decision easier :p

Almost ~115 with shipping and tax. If there will be some good deal for a normal edition pre-order I might cancel this.

[quote name='AwRy108']Um, where's the deal? Did I miss something here?[/QUOTE]

The deal is getting it now for $100 vs getting it later for 150 or more.

thanks i pre order with gamestop but i want amazon as i have prime an they don't charge me tax an $$$ for 2 day or even release day shipping :cry:

[quote name='AwRy108']Um, where's the deal? Did I miss something here?[/QUOTE]

Click the arrow on your browser that points left and you wont have to view this deal :D

Gamestop has had some pretty decent bonuses for a lot of more niche titles (Ni No Steelbook, artbooks for Fire Emblem Awakening and Xenoblade) so hopefully they throw in some physical bonus item here.

[quote name='gldoorii']Anyone know if this is going to have a decent artbook or one of those 10 page ones?[/QUOTE]

Namco's press release said the CE art book is 100 pages.

I'll just use Gamestop as a n order place holder until Amazon gets the Collector's Edition listed, hopefully. I rather give my money to them personally.

[quote name='Havokt']Anyone have a guess when Gamestop will take in store preorders for the CE?[/QUOTE]

I just did this an hour ago! so you can go preorder in store right now, also because it is a CE the minimum is $25 down

[quote name='Havokt']Anyone have a guess when Gamestop will take in store preorders for the CE?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same also, hoping that they have them up for preorder in-store by Tuesday so I can do it when picking up Pandora's Tower.

[quote name='RPGamer246']I just did this an hour ago! so you can go preorder in store right now, also because it is a CE the minimum is $25 down[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Off to do an in store preorder.

i might do it in store, then since it only require $25 min, i have a feeling this might be avail at gs only, outside of namco

[quote name='YBX87']i might do it in store, then since it only require $25 min, i have a feeling this might be avail at gs only, outside of namco[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I misread or not, but all CEs from GameStop require $25 down.

This does not mean that only GameStop will get this CE.

bread's done
Back