Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pentupanger']Not sure if I misread or not, but all CEs from GameStop require $25 down.

This does not mean that only GameStop will get this CE.[/QUOTE]
i just don't have enough credit to pay in full online, so $25 deposit is better option. Well, so far it looks like Gs is the only one, especially considering how niche jrpg in the states. GS might end up the only place. I do not want to miss out.

Not sure if this is going to be limited for the NA release but think I might go ahead and just order it online to be safe atleast until I have the chance to preorder it in-store then I'll cancel online order. Hoping I have enough free time on Tuesday to go but not sure about it.

[quote name='YBX87']i just don't have enough credit to pay in full online, so $25 deposit is better option. Well, so far it looks like Gs is the only one, especially considering how niche jrpg in the states. GS might end up the only place. I do not want to miss out.[/QUOTE]

Thought if you preordered online they don't charge you at all until it actually ships?

[quote name='Sion']Not sure if this is going to be limited for the NA release but think I might go ahead and just order it online to be safe atleast until I have the chance to preorder it in-store then I'll cancel online order. Hoping I have enough free time on Tuesday to go but not sure about it.[/QUOTE]
do you not have gs within walking distance?

[quote name='Sion']Thought if you preordered online they don't charge you at all until it actually ships?[/QUOTE]
i am not sure, lol I rather pay for store credit, than real cash. Low on cash now. I am poor ass gamer. I wasted alot of gs credit, while transfering it to bb

^Yeah same with me, luckily I live in state where you don't pay tax if you pay in full with trade-in credit.

[quote name='Sion']Thought if you preordered online they don't charge you at all until it actually ships?[/QUOTE]
I think they charge the full amount now if you use trade-in credit to buy it.

[quote name='usagi']^Yeah same with me, luckily I live in state where you don't pay tax if you pay in full with trade-in credit.

I think they charge the full amount now if you use trade-in credit to buy it.[/QUOTE]
what state you live in?

[quote name='YBX87']do you not have gs within walking distance?[/QUOTE]

No, I live in a small village and the one close to me is 50 minute drive.

[quote name='Sion']No, I live in a small village and the one close to me is 50 minute drive.[/QUOTE]
what state do you live in? you are probably better off ordering online, and save that gas money

[quote name='YBX87']lol, i found it funny you called it a small village.[/QUOTE]

lol well that is what Thontosassa the area of Florida I live in is pretty much there is like almost no stores in the area besides a feed store and a couple of small businesses.

[quote name='Sion']lol well that is what Thontosassa the area of Florida I live in is pretty much there is like almost no stores in the area besides a feed store and a couple of small businesses.[/QUOTE]
LOl, i thought Thontosassa was a name in one of the world/realm from final fantasy game

[quote name='YBX87']LOl, i thought Thontosassa was a name in one of the world/realm from final fantasy game[/QUOTE]

lol XD well I spelled it wrong when I typed it left out an "o" but Thonotosassa is a rather long and weird name for a place but it was named after some Seminole and Creek words put together lol.

[quote name='Sion']lol XD well I spelled it wrong when I typed it left out an "o" but Thonotosassa is a rather long and weird name for a place but it was named after some Seminole and Creek words put together lol.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i looked it up on wikiapedia. lol it says there is only around 6000 population from the 2000 census.

Correct they only charge you when the order ships for online orders, just like most online merchants. In store you'll have to place $25 down to hold a reserve spot for the game.

Curious question: I see a lot of people choosing to do in store, is there a benefit of doing so? Are you afraid that shipping will ruin the package?

Because I can't see why you would not want to do an online order if free shipping is provided.

Ordered from gamestop. You can say whatever you want about them, but amazon's packaging is horrible these days and they tend to take way too many preorders. I have never had gamestop damage or fail to deliver an online order.

I have learned to pay a bit extra these days or buy off retailers I wouldn't normally go to, after the many cancellation disasters. I don't want to be in a lottery for my preorder.

[quote name='TooPoor']Curious question: I see a lot of people choosing to do in store, is there a benefit of doing so? Are you afraid that shipping will ruin the package?

Because I can't see why you would not want to do an online order if free shipping is provided.[/QUOTE]
my gs is within walking distance, I am planning to pay in full with store credit. i do not yet have the fund to pay in full, so $25 deposit is a good plan for me. In case, there are any swag/ preorder physical items given. I know my main gs store will hold it for me.

[quote name='TooPoor']Curious question: I see a lot of people choosing to do in store, is there a benefit of doing so? Are you afraid that shipping will ruin the package?

Because I can't see why you would not want to do an online order if free shipping is provided.[/QUOTE]I already have the standard edition preordered in-store (paid off entirely with store credit) and I don't want to harm any employee's monthly stats by cancelling the preorder outright (this store tends to have cool employees), so transferring to the LE is preferable for me.

Also, if I can get one of those "15% off a new game" coupons before this releases, I can use it when I go to pick it up and get $15 off. :D

Because I can't see why you would not want to do an online order if free shipping is provided.[/QUOTE]

I have had some items damaged by Gamestop when ordering online, plus if you use their value shipping, it usually takes a few days beyond release day to arrive. So, if you receive a damaged copy, you may not be able to get a replacement at that point. It's just safer to preorder in-store where if there is damage, you can address it immediately.

For me personally I am always worried about damaged CE's with shipping. Most times your product will come scratch free, however, with limited CE's getting a replacement is almost impossible. I like doing multiple store pickups, around 2 to 3 preorders to make sure my packaging is perfect just in case.

[quote name='bojay1997']I have had some items damaged by Gamestop when ordering online, plus if you use their value shipping, it usually takes a few days beyond release day to arrive. So, if you receive a damaged copy, you may not be able to get a replacement at that point. It's just safer to preorder in-store where if there is damage, you can address it immediately.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it!

I never quite understood that either. I've always pre-ordered online and besides Ni No Kuni I have never had any problems. I like the option to back out if it looks like it will end up dropping significantly in price. That's why I just pre-order all CE's online and cancel like 90% of them a week before. :cool:

[quote name='trunks982']how long do they usually hold your preorder in the store?[/QUOTE]Usually 2-3 days, but some Gamestops (at least, the one where I'll have this preordered) hold Limited/Collector's Editions for up to a week due to their higher value.

I prefer to preorder CEs at Gamestop for pretty much the same reason as others have listed. After going through the whole ordeal with the Persona 2 CE box being crushed after 3 times from exchanging them, I had enough with Amazon and CEs. My GameStop has always been cool about making sure I would get the best looking CE every time I would pick one up.

Only $25 down to reserve, and you can use it like layaway to pay off before it comes out.

Thanks for the heads up on GS having it in stock. Went ahead and preordered there. Wanted to get it right away at GS, since my store over sold pre orders on P4G, didnt want the same thing to happen if it really is super limited.

[quote name='YBX87']just got back from preordering from gamestop, it was raining like hell outside.[/QUOTE]
Same here, except the weather part. Nice and sunny outside.

Going to pre-order at Gamestop but hope it doesn't turn out like Zone of the Enders HD CE did, hopefully Amazon will get it.

[quote name='Pend']Going to pre-order at Gamestop but hope it doesn't turn out like Zone of the Enders HD CE did, hopefully Amazon will get it.[/QUOTE]

What happened with the ZOE HD CE? I had no problems when I got mine, I think I was one of 2 ppl at my GS tho that preordered it.

[quote name='Midori Monkey']What happened with the ZOE HD CE? I had no problems when I got mine, I think I was one of 2 ppl at my GS tho that preordered it.[/QUOTE]
About all the Gamestop's within a 50 mile drive the boxes had dents in the corners from shipping. Since they only got one's that were reserved i was out of luck. Was able to order from Amazon and finally got one that wasn't damaged.

[quote name='musha666']Ordered mine. If Amazon sells it I will cancel this and get it from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Same. And thank you to those who posted about Saver for free shipping :)

I went to my GS and pre-ordered it. I love GS and never understand the hate. Their staff is nice to me (they dont haggle me)and if you know how to work the deals, you can make out very well.

[quote name='tukai']I went to my GS and pre-ordered it. I love GS and never understand the hate. Their staff is nice to me (they dont haggle me)and if you know how to work the deals, you can make out very well.[/QUOTE]

Ive never had a problem shopping in the stores. Buying online with Gamestop its like they try to screw you as often and as hard as they can. And then if you complain about it their customer service says "Deal with it". Thats where my hate for them comes from. Amazon has always been good to me (as a buyer) so I would rather them get my money than GS.

[quote name='tukai']I went to my GS and pre-ordered it. I love GS and never understand the hate. Their staff is nice to me (they dont haggle me)and if you know how to work the deals, you can make out very well.[/QUOTE]
Are you telling me you have never been haggled, and never saw others get haggled?

Just last week, I saw the guy in front of me being tricked into buying Black Ops 2 season pass (or some other season pass). He didn't want it at first, since it's so god damn expensive for a few maps, but the employee kept praising the "value" of it, and he just gave in after 5 minutes.

I'm not judging this behavior, since almost all retailers do this, just saying it is odd you never seen it.

My store doesnt really do it either. They actually just try to figure out what the customers like and make suggestions on what they think they would like.

For those that were interested but didn't know...

I was told you could only reserve 2 copies of the CE's, or at the least, that's all they allowed me to do. I'm guessing that other people were coming in for the reserve though, because as soon as I mentioned Tales, they said yes, I could order the CE.

[quote name='tham1988']anyone else worried this will be sold out if they wait til tomorrow to preorder?

I think I am going to go now.[/QUOTE]
i doubt it, but it could end up being rare. or gs is the only other retailer that sells it.

[quote name='tham1988']anyone else worried this will be sold out if they wait til tomorrow to preorder?

I think I am going to go now.[/QUOTE]

I think it being sold out by tomorrow is a little unrealistic, but if you really want it, just go get it now and don't take the risk.

bread's done
Back