Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Right but even a preauthorization charge still temporarily puts the funds on hold. And best buy for example will continue to ping your account for a preauthorization charge every few weeks until the item ships. For example I bought one of the Dead Island riptide steelbooks from best buy.com and have had them deduct the cost as a preauth charge every few weeks for the last several month.

I know that is how it is supposed to work with them but people ask because if that is how Gamestop works you will constantly need to make sure your balance is above the preorder amount or most likely your preorder will be cancelled

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Right but even a preauthorization charge still temporarily puts the funds on hold. And best buy for example will continue to ping your account for a preauthorization charge every few weeks until the item ships. For example I bought one of the Dead Island riptide steelbooks from best buy.com and have had them deduct the cost as a preauth charge every few weeks for the last several month.

I know that is how it is supposed to work with them but people ask because if that is how Gamestop works you will constantly need to make sure your balance is above the preorder amount or most likely your preorder will be cancelled[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I'll just do instore then. Best Buy nearly screwed me over with Fire Emblem when it double pinged me for the same item. And took out 85$ instead of just the 42$ for a period of like 3 days

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah, I think I'll just do instore then. Best Buy nearly screwed me over with Fire Emblem when it double pinged me for the same item. And took out 85$ instead of just the 42$ for a period of like 3 days[/QUOTE]

To be clear I'm NOT saying that is how gamestop.com works (I have no idea) but that I understand why people are asking/concerned.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I understood, I'd just rather be safe than sorry lol[/QUOTE]
Just FYI, if you have been using your CC frequently, it's pretty easy to get a credit line increase, might help with your woes.

Question: I notice its up on Gamestop now. Is the Gamestop version the same one as ordering direct through namco's store? I want to make sure i get the same thing

Also not sure if Namco charges shipping or what.

People are going to bitch about the Namco site but to be fair a lot of the complaints that use Ni No Kuni WE are nothing more then smoke and mirrors.

Yes orders were cancelled but those were all orders placed when they relisted the item. I didn't hear, from a single reputable poster, that their early preorder was cancelled.

[quote name='TooPoor']Just FYI, if you have been using your CC frequently, it's pretty easy to get a credit line increase, might help with your woes.[/QUOTE]

No CC at the moment, still a fairly broke college student. Planning to open one later this summer though since I'll be in a much better place financially.

I saw a few reputable people say their CC was declined and they got order errors.

But people still have a right to be pissed. Sure, they deserve some blame for waiting, but if they placed their orders they should get a copy. Namco should have foresaw the problem and planned for it better. They didn't. When you successfully place an order you think you are getting an item. It's only natural.

Then the backdoor order link made it even worse.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Question: I notice its up on Gamestop now. Is the Gamestop version the same one as ordering direct through namco's store? I want to make sure i get the same thing

Also not sure if Namco charges shipping or what.[/QUOTE]

it is, unless Namco throws in an extra bonus if you order through them.

[quote name='dgwillia006']No CC at the moment, still a fairly broke college student. Planning to open one later this summer though since I'll be in a much better place financially.[/QUOTE]

you can open a credit line with virtually no-credit, if you never started a credit you should start now. in fact, college-time is a little bit late in my opinion. Just make sure you don't spend more than what you earn / can spend in a month....self control. In regards of customer service, I personally recommend Discover IT card, but that one might need some credit to start and not everywhere takes Discover (all major places do though). Capitol One is pretty good for college students / starting to build new credit

[quote name='dgwillia006']So does GS charge right when you place the order? Or is there a pending charge

Trying to decide whether to place an instore order (And pray I still live here upon release), hope for Amazon, or just place a GS.com order[/QUOTE]

No pre authorization charge for me. they charge you when it ships

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Right but even a preauthorization charge still temporarily puts the funds on hold. And best buy for example will continue to ping your account for a preauthorization charge every few weeks until the item ships. For example I bought one of the Dead Island riptide steelbooks from best buy.com and have had them deduct the cost as a preauth charge every few weeks for the last several month.

I know that is how it is supposed to work with them but people ask because if that is how Gamestop works you will constantly need to make sure your balance is above the preorder amount or most likely your preorder will be cancelled[/QUOTE]

Lol thanks for mentioning that though, I'm also a pup when it comes to how CC work. I didn't even realize Best Buy pinged your CC to make sure you still had funds in your account. I only have 1 CC that I finally got after the whole NNK disaster and have The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition pre-ordered. But my CC has a limit of $500 and I'm already at $450 (with the whole Revengeance, Raiden figure, etc on it).

Haven't noticed any kind of activity on my CC even though I pre-ordered the PPE in Feb, but I think I'll make sure to clean that CC now just in case shit hits the fan and Gamestop does something similar.

[quote name='eXiON']Lol thanks for mentioning that though, I'm also a pup when it comes to how CC work. I didn't even realize Best Buy pinged your CC to make sure you still had funds in your account. I only have 1 CC that I finally got after the whole NNK disaster and have The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition pre-ordered. But my CC has a limit of $500 and I'm already at $450 (with the whole Revengeance, Raiden figure, etc on it).

Haven't noticed any kind of activity on my CC even though I pre-ordered the PPE in Feb, but I think I'll make sure to clean that CC now just in case shit hits the fan and Gamestop does something similar.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, the game is different if you use a true credit card. If you use a Debit Card (tied to a bank) and process it as credit things will works as a I described.

I don't use actual credit only credit cards for these type of transactions so I unfortunately can't speak to it.

Debit Card's Visa and MasterCard are Offline Debit, so yeah, it's different than Credit Card, but not in regards of authorizations.

the major different is (for card holder's side, not merchant side) that credit card = works on your credit and credit card limit. Offline Debit (debit cards though Visa / MasterCard) is a pinless Debit, but using credit card rules. Meaning, money is tied to the bank account it's tied too instead of a credit / card limit, but follows a credit card rules other wise (for most part)

Pre-ordered from GameStop's site just in case it ends up selling out completely like Persona 4 Golden's Solid Gold Edition did. Gonna see if the actual stores are taking pre-orders. If so, I'll cancel the online one after I pre-order in-store so as to avoid having to wait for the game to ship out.

[quote name='djricekcn']it is, unless Namco throws in an extra bonus if you order through them.

[/QUOTE]

Well thats cool if theyre the exact same thing. Id love to verify that though. Anyone know if Namcos giving any extra?

hmm strangethough. i actually cant seem to pick US from the link to the namco tales store. Are you guys viewing it from the UK site or something? Theres no US link that i can find at all

*edit* through the uk site at least, it shows a couple costume pre order bonus DLC sets....

[quote name='Mance227']Not sure what this is.... Preordered 3 just in case....[/QUOTE]

A true fan.

Ugh. Why Gamestop? Well, I guess I'll order through the site. Maybe the clown level will be lower not having to set foot in that place.

[quote name='Tsukento']Gonna see if the actual stores are taking pre-orders. If so, I'll cancel the online one after I pre-order in-store so as to avoid having to wait for the game to ship out.[/QUOTE]

I can almost guarantee it won't be, Namco mentions in their press release that it's going to be limited, much like the Tales of Vesperia CE and Persona 4 Golden CE, and neither of those we ever made available in store. Sadly, with these larger CEs of niche titles, GS will just keep them online because it's not worth sending them out to stores where there's a chance they'll just sit there and either not get picked up or take up shelf space until it gets marked down to where your average Joe is willing to pick it up and try to flip it on eBay. I'd much rather order through Amazon, but if it's not up in the next few days I'll just get it on GS, I guess.

[quote name='Nionel']I can almost guarantee it won't be, Namco mentions in their press release that it's going to be limited, much like the Tales of Vesperia CE and Persona 4 Golden CE, and neither of those we ever made available in store. Sadly, with these larger CEs of niche titles, GS will just keep them online because it's not worth sending them out to stores where there's a chance they'll just sit there and either not get picked up or take up shelf space until it gets marked down to where your average Joe is willing to pick it up and try to flip it on eBay. I'd much rather order through Amazon, but if it's not up in the next few days I'll just get it on GS, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I just preordered mine today at my local gamestop. Same one I got Persona 4 solid gold from.

I placed an online GS order yesterday,but I don't see it in my order history yet. Does it usually take this long to show up or did it just not go through?

I'll preorder the regular version because the game looks pretty great (Famitsu score of 39/40? That's astonishing), but I already own enough crap. I don't need to pay extra for a talisman on my desk to ward off vaginas.

Special editions need to go digital or go home. Making Of documentaries, commentary tracks, digital artbooks, soundtracks, character viewers, alternate costumes, etc.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Well thats cool if theyre the exact same thing. Id love to verify that though. Anyone know if Namcos giving any extra?

hmm strangethough. i actually cant seem to pick US from the link to the namco tales store. Are you guys viewing it from the UK site or something? Theres no US link that i can find at all

*edit* through the uk site at least, it shows a couple costume pre order bonus DLC sets....[/QUOTE]

First post already states for NA you can only get them through select retailers.

[quote name='Leggo']

Special editions need to go digital or go home. Making Of documentaries, commentary tracks, digital artbooks, soundtracks, character viewers, alternate costumes, etc.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree; I love getting physical items the most :bouncy:

[quote name='Setherial']also does gamestop.com require a pre-auth hold for the full amount of the order? or do they charge once it's ready to ship?[/QUOTE]

its been answered so so many times if you tried to look at this thread... it charges when shipped.

[quote name='Leggo']I'll preorder the regular version because the game looks pretty great (Famitsu score of 39/40? That's astonishing), but I already own enough crap. I don't need to pay extra for a talisman on my desk to ward off vaginas.

Special editions need to go digital or go home. Making Of documentaries, commentary tracks, digital artbooks, soundtracks, character viewers, alternate costumes, etc.[/QUOTE]
I don't even how I could disagree more with you.

If you want stuff in digital, then you don't need a collector's edition. I do not want digital copies unless if it comes with my physical copy. more sentimental value that way

and if it helps, Xilia storyline is some what similar to Tales of Eternia / Star Ocean 3.

[quote name='Leggo'] I don't need to pay extra for a talisman on my desk to ward off vaginas.[/QUOTE]

If you honestly think this, you're probably a pretty weak alpha male. If you want to go on that train of thought, than video games in general are a pretty strong barrier too and you should just give that up.

I dunno why people think like this sometimes, true alpha males can get virtually any woman they want regardless of their hobbies.

[quote name='djricekcn']can't really say, but it looks like rubber / plastic based. most video game LE statues suck. Uncharted / Assassin's Creed all had pretty average quality (meaning not bad, but not good either) then you get crappy ones like infamous one and the legendary Moccos quality
[/QUOTE]

Oh god D: Guess I'll hold off on pre-ordering CE...

[quote name='djricekcn']If you want stuff in digital, then you don't need a collector's edition. I do not want digital copies unless if it comes with my physical copy. more sentimental value that way

and if it helps, Xilia storyline is some what similar to Tales of Eternia / Star Ocean 3.[/QUOTE]

But DEFINITELY getting the game after reading this, I love both of those games to death

The best Collector Edition Statues/Figures I've gotten were actually from two $30 Collector Editions, Batman Arkham City and Star Wars: The Old Republic. Both were very good quality and showed a lot of detail, however, Collector Editions like God of War Ascension, Uncharted 3, and Max Payne 3 were the opposite. Looking at the statue here, it seems it's going to be relatively lower quality. Worth a pickup at $80, but not $100.

[quote name='djricekcn']If you want stuff in digital, then you don't need a collector's edition. I do not want digital copies unless if it comes with my physical copy. more sentimental value that way

and if it helps, Xilia storyline is some what similar to Tales of Eternia / Star Ocean 3.[/QUOTE]

Ooooo.....star ocean.....

[quote name='Siefer']I dunno why people think like this sometimes, true alpha males can get virtually any woman they want regardless of their hobbies.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but then you have to deal with those pesky police.

Pre-ordered the CE from my local GameStop. I've loved the tales series going back to Phantasia, and i feel like its one of the few series that I still really follow. Might be time to finnaly hang up that ToX signed poster I got from Hideo Baba at NYCC^^

Just ordered in-store today. Kind of a stupid question to ask since I know the order numbers are completely different, but just wondering if I cancel my online order right now that I made yesterday will my in-store order still be safe?

[quote name='Sion']Just ordered in-store today. Kind of a stupid question to ask since I know the order numbers are completely different, but just wondering if I cancel my online order right now that I made yesterday will my in-store order still be safe?[/QUOTE]
yes, it is safe. Make sure you cancel your online order, before the release date. OTherwise, you might not be in time to cancel the online order.

[quote name='YBX87']yes, it is safe. Make sure you cancel your online order, before the release date. OTherwise, you might not be in time to cancel the online order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response. Canceling the online order when I get home. Apparently the mobile site does not allow you to cancel orders.

[quote name='Sion']Thanks for the quick response. Canceling the online order when I get home. Apparently the mobile site does not allow you to cancel orders.[/QUOTE]
another note, make sure you pick it up on release date, if you can, because some gs has a tendency to sell copies, if it is not picked up on the first two days. lol

[quote name='YBX87']another note, make sure you pick it up on release date, if you can, because some gs has a tendency to sell copies, if it is not picked up on the first two days. lol[/QUOTE]

Ya, I usually do with CE's and with most games in general lol. I'm one of those people who has to play the game on release day XD.

[quote name='Sion']Ya, I usually do with CE's and with most games in general lol. I'm one of those people who has to play the game on release day XD.[/QUOTE]
i wish i had the time to play on release day, i usually just picked up my game on release day, and play it over the weekend. Since video games are usually release during weekdays.

[quote name='Siefer']If you honestly think this, you're probably a pretty weak alpha male. If you want to go on that train of thought, than video games in general are a pretty strong barrier too and you should just give that up.

I dunno why people think like this sometimes, true alpha males can get virtually any woman they want regardless of their hobbies.[/QUOTE]

Every man plays video games. Hobbies aren't going to keep you from twat. When it becomes a problem is when you're silly enough to marry one. That's when they let you know how they dislike them.

[quote name='Siefer']If you honestly think this, you're probably a pretty weak alpha male. If you want to go on that train of thought, than video games in general are a pretty strong barrier too and you should just give that up.

I dunno why people think like this sometimes, true alpha males can get virtually any woman they want regardless of their hobbies.[/QUOTE]
Calm down, I think you've been watching a little too much of The Pickup Artist. I just don't want the model. I'd probably pay more to get a version without it. Absolutely not my style. Feel free to think whatever you'd like about my "alpha male" status.

[quote name='aeonus']Every man plays video games. Hobbies aren't going to keep you from twat. When it becomes a problem is when you're silly enough to marry one. That's when they let you know how they dislike them.[/QUOTE]

I never said I was ashamed of gaming (I could actually stand to be a little more ashamed of it, I could stock a small Gamestop at this point). I just have no use for a little plastic anime girl doll on my desk, especially if I have no idea if I'll even like the game.

By this logic, I probably wouldn't be well served by a full body pillow with an anime girl on it. Or most things sold in stores that sell both of those items in Akihabara. (Although I did try out the Kasumi booby mousepad. That was kind of tempting, but I decided against it since I've gotten used to mousing without a pad.)

Bulky special editions just take up room.

[quote name='Leggo']I'll preorder the regular version because the game looks pretty great (Famitsu score of 39/40? That's astonishing), but I already own enough crap. I don't need to pay extra for a talisman on my desk to ward off vaginas.

Famitsu are paid shills. Ignore.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, you already have one in front of your desk sitting in a chair.

Anyways, placed my preorder today on the collector's edition. Time to wait.

I agree with a lot of people that a high Famitsu score honestly doesn't mean much anymore, that said I'm still real excited for this game. I wish you could get a version with just the artbook/soundtrack for like 80 though, I really don't need another statue/figure and don't have room for stuff like that, but I'd like to support games like this coming over to the states, I'll probably just stick to my standard edition on Amazon though.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I agree with a lot of people that a high Famitsu score honestly doesn't mean much anymore, that said I'm still real excited for this game. I wish you could get a version with just the artbook/soundtrack for like 80 though, I really don't need another statue/figure and don't have room for stuff like that, but I'd like to support games like this coming over to the states, I'll probably just stick to my standard edition on Amazon though.[/QUOTE]

That's funny because I only care about the statue and not care about the artbook and soundtrack

bread's done
Back