Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tham1988']anyone else worried this will be sold out if they wait til tomorrow to preorder?

I think I am going to go now.[/QUOTE]

lol... no. It'll take months to sell out. Tales games are a niche title anyway.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']lol... no. It'll take months to sell out. Tales games are a niche title anyway.[/QUOTE]

im not worried about the demand...im worried about the supply man

[quote name='tham1988']im not worried about the demand...im worried about the supply man[/QUOTE]

Gamestop rarely cuts off pre-orders for games early. It usually only happens with games that are announced with limited quantity like Post Pandemic and such. It will say "Limited quantity! While supplies last!"

It's a CE not an LE. I mean, pre-order it as soon as you can just in case, but I think this will be something that you'll have no trouble pre-ordering, but once it sells out then it'll be hard to find after release.

[quote name='lachrymoses']The art book would be nice but I am not sure what I'd do with the creepy little plastic doll.[/QUOTE]

That creepy plastic doll is the main character of the game. Maybe this game just isn't for you? *shrug*

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Gamestop rarely cuts off pre-orders for games early. It usually only happens with games that are announced with limited quantity like Post Pandemic and such. It will say "Limited quantity! While supplies last!"

It's a CE not an LE. I mean, pre-order it as soon as you can just in case, but I think this will be something that you'll have no trouble pre-ordering, but once it sells out then it'll be hard to find after release.[/QUOTE] I thought it was limited, only 10,000 copies

39/40 rated titles aren't really considered niche. When you get scores that good, people bleed over from other genres. Proof is NNK. I absolutely hate JRPG and i loved NNK

The P4G Solid Gold Edition was limited to 10,000, split between Amazon and Gamestop (plus a small number that went to Canada), and GS sold out in-store in about 4 days but continued to take online orders for about a week longer. I imagine this taps into much of the same audience but on a broader scale considering this is new entry vs port and the number of PS3 owners vs Vita.

Namco hasn't confirmed any quantities yet for North America but there are a lot of Tales fans that have been looking for anything to get excited about surrounding this series.

Regardless of actual quantity, it doesn't change that if you want to get this, there's little harm in reserving sooner rather than later.

Personally, I don't think a lot of these will exist because of the figure...but that's just my speculation.

[quote name='Xellos2099']If i want to use the 15% off coupon, do I use it right now or when i pic up the order?[/QUOTE]

that coupon doesn't work on this

[quote name='Xellos2099']If i want to use the 15% off coupon, do I use it right now or when i pic up the order?[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming you got the 15% off new games coupon that expires in Sept. If so, you can pre-order the game in-store now for $25 and use the 15% off coupon when you pickup the game in August.

"Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store."
^This is for NA or worldwide anybody know? I assume "online store" is all retailers and not a specific online store.

Bleh, got a email back saying that my order is currently under review after ordering. Wonder what went wrong lol.

[quote name='blakesgameroom']put $25 dollars down at my GS today, I can't wait for this. I need to beat Abyss and Graces F before it comes out though.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you :lol:

Preordered 2 today. The manager said 3 people rushed into to his store as soon as they found out to preorder. I hope it's limited :X Gonna open one and the other one keep sealed and put it in my glass case of games.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']i'm worried if I wait around too long for an Amazon link I will miss out on this. Is it up on Namco's US shop?[/QUOTE]
It's not up yet, but just know Digital River seems to be handle the orders again.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']i'm worried if I wait around too long for an Amazon link I will miss out on this. Is it up on Namco's US shop?[/QUOTE]
If it is on US Namco shop, you want to risk it on digital rivers?

[quote name='Sion']Bleh, got a email back saying that my order is currently under review after ordering. Wonder what went wrong lol.[/QUOTE]

I got the same email immediately after placing my order. Hopefully it's nothing to be worried about....

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I'm in the same boat as you :lol:[/QUOTE]

as am i....but im proud i got through one marathon RPG last year(xenoblade)

[quote name='Disposed Hero']I got the same email immediately after placing my order. Hopefully it's nothing to be worried about....[/QUOTE]

same here. ill just probably go preorder at the store tommorrow.

I think I'll pass. I'd prefer a bigger hardcover artbook and a full soundtrack to a figure, myself. I might bite though if it goes up on Amazon.

[quote name='Deader2818']I asked when I pre-ordered mine and the store manager said that the pre-orders will be cut in a week.[/QUOTE]

I love when employees make stuff up because they don't know the answer.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I love when employees make stuff up because they don't know the answer.[/QUOTE]

I know its cool to hate on gamestop but this one isnt one of those "lets blow smoke up the customer's asses" type stores.

If Gamestop is taking preorder at the end of this month I might jump on this. If not I'll just get the regular copy.

[quote name='Disposed Hero']I got the same email immediately after placing my order. Hopefully it's nothing to be worried about....[/QUOTE]

Ya I hope not as well but I'll be switching my order to in-store when I get the chance to drop by Gamestop. Just ordered online for now to be on the safe side if this is a really limited CE.

[quote name='LD_Helix']If it is on US Namco shop, you want to risk it on digital rivers?[/QUOTE]
if it's Gamestop exclusive otherwise.....then yeah i'd be OKAY with that actually lol.

[quote name='blazers29']If Gamestop is taking preorder at the end of this month I might jump on this. If not I'll just get the regular copy.[/QUOTE]

?? gamestop already has it up...or did you mean if it is still up at the end of the month

Are the extras worth the $40?? The artbook and the soundtrack are pushing me to get the CE. I'm no figurine expert, but is it worth getting based on its quality?

[quote name='Trogdor469']I tried going though the store and can only select UK.....I do not see a USA option.[/QUOTE]

The store is only selling the UK version. For US so far only Gamestop has it.

[quote name='Totafan888']Are the extras worth the $40?? The artbook and the soundtrack are pushing me to get the CE. I'm no figurine expert, but is it worth getting based on its quality?[/QUOTE]

can't really say, but it looks like rubber / plastic based. most video game LE statues suck. Uncharted / Assassin's Creed all had pretty average quality (meaning not bad, but not good either) then you get crappy ones like infamous one and the legendary Moccos quality
e5a4cc21.jpg

[quote name='Midori Monkey']The store is only selling the UK version. For US so far only Gamestop has it.[/QUOTE]

Meh....anyone but gamestop. I got TRU gift cards to burn. Anyone disappointed with the voice acting in the traier? It felt like they were just reading off a script instead of feeling any emotion out of their voices (particularly the blonde chick (yes I have never played a tales game))

none of the tales are really connected so that blonde chick is new for Xilia line. Her name is Milia. Bandai and Square English v.a. usually sucks so nothing new.

[quote name='djricekcn']by the way, i don't recommend Xilia 2, it was horrible (personally)[/QUOTE]

what didn't you like? gameplay? story?

So does GS charge right when you place the order? Or is there a pending charge

Trying to decide whether to place an instore order (And pray I still live here upon release), hope for Amazon, or just place a GS.com order

these are all my personal opinion

the gameplay is same as Xilia (pretty much 1:1) so it's both good and bad, depending on how you look at it (for me it's good).

the level up system was suppose to be a better version of the "sphere system" from part 1, but they kind of made it needesly complicated / stressful

the main character does not talk at all, and almost every stupid conversation has a left or right selection to the point where it's too many. it has nothing to do with freedom, it's more annoying than anything.

There's this one thing you have repay and it makes you think it's part of the main story, but it's not and rather just a time-consuming thing. not that farming and stuff is bad, since that's like 1/4 of JRPG, but the way they did it was stupid. However, you have to do that stupid thing to get to the "next stage" so it's another stupid way of time-consume.

the story kind of sucks, one of the worst in Tales of... series for me.

I don't know, it's pretty up there with Legendia for me and that was probably the worst Tales of... ever.

for reference, Rebirth was probably my favorite one in regards of story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ih1SBW6-s

[quote name='dgwillia006']So does GS charge right when you place the order? Or is there a pending charge

Trying to decide whether to place an instore order (And pray I still live here upon release), hope for Amazon, or just place a GS.com order[/QUOTE]

they don't charge right away. Best Buy doesn't either, they just preauth. Technically, credit card companies don't like it when companies charge for preorder because it causes lots of "chargebacks"

bread's done
Back