Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered. Damn Gamestop.

Since I'm not sure it was answered:

"Your credit card will not be billed until your order actually ships. The packing slip included in each shipment also serves as your receipt and makes a great paper airplane."

[quote name='Kaiser499']Something tells me Gamestop is the only one getting the CE.[/QUOTE]

Unlikely. They would be pasting that all over their website if that was the case just like they have done with other Gamestop exclusives.

Anybody else order from GS.com got canceled? Placed 2 orders with mine and wife accounts, received review emails instantly and canceled emails the next day. The same thing happened with my friend. Does this mean that these accounts are banned?

[quote name='georox']Yea, you already have one in front of your desk sitting in a chair.

Anyways, placed my preorder today on the collector's edition. Time to wait.[/QUOTE]

It really is weird how people are getting defensive about this.

It's not rocket science. It's not like it's going to get you laid MORE.

...Or maybe it will. I'm sure this dude is just swimming in lady parts.

bTNKmIr.jpg

Let's just agree to disagree. I don't think you're wrong for wanting the doll, so I don't see why I have to be wrong for having no interest in it.

How does the whole in-store pick up work?

Can I preorder it online then when the time comes pay it off in store right?

Sorry if this is asked a lot.

Gamestop bans multiple orders from the same Credit Card, IP, and Address.

If you want to do a second order, you need to use a new CC(or gift card preferably), IP(via VPN ,tor, 4g, etc) and a new shipping address.

By the way, the vast majority of people don't want the CE because it's a nice doll. They want the CE because it's a CE and other people want it. Simple as that. "Can't Buy Me Love" meets the tulip bubble.

[quote name='diazt350']How does the whole in-store pick up work?

Can I preorder it online then when the time comes pay it off in store right?

Sorry if this is asked a lot.[/QUOTE]

If you preorder online, you will get your copy via mail. You won't be charged until the item ships.

If you go in store and put $25 down (minimum) and then on release day, the item can be picked up and you would pay the difference.

You can't do an in store pick up for an online preorder unfortunately.

[quote name='coopscohen']If you preorder online, you will get your copy via mail. You won't be charged until the item ships.

If you go in store and put $25 down (minimum) and then on release day, the item can be picked up and you would pay the difference.

You can't do an in store pick up for an online preorder unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering,sucks that you can't pre-order online and pick it up.

Well hopefully amazon gets it. Don't really want to deal with gamestop pre-orders.

[quote name='Leggo']
I don't think you're wrong for wanting the doll, so I don't see why I have to be wrong for having no interest in it.[/QUOTE]
So, you came in a thread dedicated to a specific merchandise, just to explicitly express your absolute indifference towards said merchandise, and to say that you think all CEs should go digital ("or go home") when you know that all participants of this thread are avid collectors?

[quote name='Nionel']I can almost guarantee it won't be, Namco mentions in their press release that it's going to be limited, much like the Tales of Vesperia CE and Persona 4 Golden CE, and neither of those we ever made available in store. Sadly, with these larger CEs of niche titles, GS will just keep them online because it's not worth sending them out to stores where there's a chance they'll just sit there and either not get picked up or take up shelf space until it gets marked down to where your average Joe is willing to pick it up and try to flip it on eBay. I'd much rather order through Amazon, but if it's not up in the next few days I'll just get it on GS, I guess.[/QUOTE]
Just wanna confirm that I was able to pre-order in-store. Had to put down $25, but they are indeed doing in-store pre-orders for the Collector's Edition.

I know I will preorder this at some point, but I'm still looking into the Hot Shots games and trying to play my backlog at bit ATM, haha. I still want to give Vesperia one more go and I have yet to play Graces F but oh well.

Some people have said that the statue is lower quality, and I think I read that someone thinks it's not. If it's a higher quality statue I will consider it and if not I will skip it.

[quote name='rockykai']Some people have said that the statue is lower quality, and I think I read that someone thinks it's not. If it's a higher quality statue I will consider it and if not I will skip it.[/QUOTE]

By Japanese standards, it's somewhat low quality. It isn't like a $10 figure or anything, but it's a "prize figure" rather than a "scale figure". So $40 is about what it would retail for in Japan, give or take, compared to the average $80 retail that a scale figure would.

That said, compared to the crappy figures that are often seen in American bonuses, this should be freaking amazing, comparatively speaking.

Personally, I'd rather have the European Day One edition (basically the CE without the figure), since if I'm going to get a Milla figure, I'd rather get the $80 Alter one.

[quote name='johnoralex']I just preordered mine today at my local gamestop. Same one I got Persona 4 solid gold from.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I guess I'll have to check with my local store, was the deposit the standard $25? That's weird about Persona, I checked the store next to where I work for a good solid week after the game was announced and they told me that the game was never even in there system so I missed out on it. That kinda makes me mad if I could have gotten it but missed out because of employee incompetence...

[quote name='TooPoor']So, you came in a thread dedicated to a specific merchandise, just to explicitly express your absolute indifference towards said merchandise, and to say that you think all CEs should go digital ("or go home") when you know that all participants of this thread are avid collectors?[/QUOTE]

Actually, no. I came into this thread hoping it would be a cool collector's edition I could get because this was the first I had heard of it, and I was disappointed it's another over-sized box. Then a few people got personally offended that I didn't like it. (More specifically they got offended that I made a joke about not liking it.)

I'll apologize if voicing my dissatisfaction with the contents of this particular edition rubbed anyone the wrong way, but I was under the impression this was a forum.

I'd like to point out that it is still possible to be an avid game collector and not an avid toy or model collector, though. I should probably be grateful that they bundle these things into collector's editions as often as they do because it ultimately ends up saving me money, both at preorder and then well after the release when the bulky special editions no one buy go on clearance. (e.g., Just got the $150 SWTOR CE for $15 at K-Mart a few months ago and as an owner of a collector's edition, during the move to F2P, ended up getting almost all of the money I spent back in in-game currency, plus a free LE mount and all that.)

Anyway, to each his own.

[quote name='Nionel']Weird. I guess I'll have to check with my local store, was the deposit the standard $25? That's weird about Persona, I checked the store next to where I work for a good solid week after the game was announced and they told me that the game was never even in there system so I missed out on it. That kinda makes me mad if I could have gotten it but missed out because of employee incompetence...[/QUOTE]

They mighta just missed it when it was in the system. The in store orders sold out quickly.

[quote name='Nionel']Weird. I guess I'll have to check with my local store, was the deposit the standard $25? That's weird about Persona, I checked the store next to where I work for a good solid week after the game was announced and they told me that the game was never even in there system so I missed out on it. That kinda makes me mad if I could have gotten it but missed out because of employee incompetence...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the deposit, I already paided off the vanilla version so I just switched my preorder over. I'm fortunate to have a "good" gamestop where I live. Half of the employees love niche titles as do a lot of people in town. I wanna say they had about 50 preorders of fire emblem and we all got art books no problem. I ordered persona 4 solid gold the day it was announced, as far as I remember they only had the preorder available for 2 days.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I have the Alter statue, it's very beautiful. In case more people are interested... here are more information on the one that comes in this CE.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/110622

It retails for about 5000 yen.[/QUOTE]

It technically doesn't "retail" at a set price after release since lottery prize items in Japan don't work that way. Market value is currently, however, 5000円, but that doesn't mean a person can't find a lower costing copy from a proxy site that searches local stores such as a HobbyOff or a BookMarket in Japan.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Can someone update the thread title? It costs $99.99, not $100. A penny in today's economy makes a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

....seriously?

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm that the Tigard, OR store in the WS mall is taking pre-orders. I paid off two copies. It helps that this store is ridiculously awesome to me and I am treated like a veteran shopper (which I am). Say what you will, but some GS stores/staff are amazing!

I really don't want to repeat the journey I took to get the CE of Vesperia :cry:

However, to reiterate, CE's are now a $25 minimum preorder (for most if not all titles), and vanilla still $5.

Hope this helps!

;)

How long do you guys think the in-store preorders will be up? I'm blowing most of my spending money on soul hackers on tuesday and I don't see myself being able to get the $25 for at least a week.

[quote name='Earendil_aod']Hi,

Just wanted to confirm that the Tigard, OR store in the WS mall is taking pre-orders. I paid off two copies. It helps that this store is ridiculously awesome to me and I am treated like a veteran shopper (which I am). Say what you will, but some GS stores/staff are amazing!

I really don't want to repeat the journey I took to get the CE of Vesperia :cry:

However, to reiterate, CE's are now a $25 minimum preorder (for most if not all titles), and vanilla still $5.

Hope this helps!

;)[/QUOTE]

What journey was that?

[quote name='domon']How long do you guys think the in-store preorders will be up? I'm blowing most of my spending money on soul hackers on tuesday and I don't see myself being able to get the $25 for at least a week.[/QUOTE]
i think you should have ample time to preorder, unless this turns out to be gs being the only "select" retailer in NA, who has it.

Yes, I think it would be a very wise investment. I can't see these things not re-selling for a somewhat sizable amount over MSRP.

Of course butthurt idiots will whine about it even though they will have had ample time to place a pre-order to secure their own copy.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Yes, I think it would be a very wise investment. I can't see these things not re-selling for a somewhat sizable amount over MSRP.

Of course butthurt idiots will whine about it even though they will have had ample time to place a pre-order to secure their own copy.[/QUOTE]

There's no need to be a douche bag about it. Those "butthurt idiots" are CAGers just like you. In fact, many CAGs don't like flippers so if someone intends to buy this just to sell it off for profit will be looked down upon on a site like this by most people.

I don't like when people whine about flippers and I like taking little jabs at them. Many a conversation has been ruined by someone crying about a fellow CAG(cheap being the key word in the acronym) trying to make a buck because of childish jealousy.

It's all in fun though :)

i want to preorder this buy i don't even know how to say the game's name, and i know the employee at gamestop will think i'm an idiot trying to order it

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i want to preorder this buy i don't even know how to say the game's name, and i know the employee at gamestop will think i'm an idiot trying to order it[/QUOTE]

Damn, definitely can't have the gamestop kid thinking you aren't a broooooo gamer!

Standard CAG etiquette seems to be that you're allowed to flip enough(usually 1-2) to pay for your original. Humans are a silly creature.

So I went down to GS last night to upgrade my pre-order to the CE. :D

The other guy working there wasn't the one ringing me up, but overheard me mention the game.

"Aw yeah, I can't wait for that!"

Other employee: "Ok, you'll need a higher deposit for the CE then..."

"O_O WHAT??? I didn't know! Aw man, you're going to have to ring me up for that after you finish with his. Sorry man you're not going to get credit for my first preorder now..."

xD Just the look on his face, it was priceless. :p

[quote name='SinnerChrno']So I went down to GS last night to upgrade my pre-order to the CE. :D

The other guy working there wasn't the one ringing me up, but overheard me mention the game.

"Aw yeah, I can't wait for that!"

Other employee: "Ok, you'll need a higher deposit for the CE then..."

"O_O WHAT??? I didn't know! Aw man, you're going to have to ring me up for that after you finish with his. Sorry man you're not going to get credit for my first preorder now..."

xD Just the look on his face, it was priceless. :p[/QUOTE]

I'm confused...don't know the intricacies of GS as I do t usually shop there...care to elaborate?

[quote name='battousai11']I've been pronouncing it as 'Zeel-ya' and my GS person understood me.[/QUOTE]

It's actually "Ex-ill-ia", but unless the person ringing you up has played the Japanese version they won't know either way. Just "pre-order" and "Tales of" should be enough, since it's not like there'd be another in the system.

[quote name='battousai11']I've been pronouncing it as 'Zeel-ya' and my GS person understood me.[/QUOTE]
my local gamestops seemingly dont know what video games are. ive tried to buy or preorder games there maybe 3 times in my life and i usually end up arguing with them about release dates and not buy anything. im very impressed that they knew what this game was when you asked

Zil-Lia is the way I pronounce it and at my GS they knew what I was talking about instantly. The girl working behind the counter swore to me that the game didn't have a collectors edition available but right when they popped it into their system it came right up. She asked the manager if she could change her preorder over after seeing the contents of the collectors edition and called another co-worker lol.

Im so pumped, neat pack ins for a collectors edition. But you know what would of made this CE for me?
Steelcase.

So what gamestop codes still work that apply to this? Everything I've tried has either recently expired or not qualified.

[quote name='SW4J']So what gamestop codes still work that apply to this? Everything I've tried has either recently expired or not qualified.[/QUOTE]

saver?

bread's done
Back