Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, they stopped taking preorders in-store? Damn, I was going to get one when I went in later this week to do a trade-in. I'm fairly sure some other chain will have it available, and if not, I'll live with the normal.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Ah, shit. I should have known this fucker would be a pain in the ass to get. I didn't keep up with this thread at all.

Is this for sure going to be available on Amazon.com? 'Cause I'd prefer to order it from them over Gamestop. I don't want to be charged right now.[/QUOTE]

You won't get charged until it ships.

[quote name='diazt350']Exactly what do I have to do? Keep checking out back and forth until it lets me choose free shipping?[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize code did work I cancelled and re-ordered for nothing haha.

I'd rsther keep my preorder with GS in this instance. Amazon doesn't have a good track record with these things(In my own experience)

[quote name='Ray5555']I'd rsther keep my preorder with GS in this instance. Amazon doesn't have a good track record with these things(In my own experience)[/QUOTE]Agreed. While I would totally understand people cancelling GS.com orders to go with Amazon, I'm going to stick with my in-store GS preorder just because I have a feeling that AMZ wouldn't package the CE very well, and it's possible (not likely, just possible) that they could oversell preorders for the CE, but we'll see.

Amazon used to be my go to place for pre-orders, but now that they charge tax where I live I might as well go to GS and pick up it right when I get out of work instead of waiting for UPS to arrive.

Got a pre-order in at my local GS last week. Looks like this one might be uncommon. Was the Tales of Vesperia CE GS/Amazon?

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm curious: Did all of you planning to cancel your GS preorder to preorder at Amazon instead preorder initially via GS.com?[/QUOTE]

I know I might. Gamestop was just the place holder for me until Amazon got it in stock. I prefer to give my business to Amazon or Bestbuy then Gamestop. Plus I am a prime member with Amazon so I'll get my game on release day or a day after. And I might need to change my shipping address so it's just easier to switch with Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baring the extras why are you guys getting this? Is the game itself good? Never played any tales games and the extras are cool just don't know if i should invest lol.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm curious: Did all of you planning to cancel your GS preorder to preorder at Amazon instead preorder initially via GS.com?[/QUOTE]

Yea. I would rather get it at GS than have to try to find it on eBay from some flipper. Amazon Prime will get me the game quicker than GS will get it to me. Plus the no tax is great. The main reason though is because of the shady business GS does, especially when buying online. Amazon is my first choice, Bestbuy is number two.

As for people saying Amazon doesnt package their CE properly, I have yet to experience that. Ive never had a problem with poor packaging from anything Shipped by Amazon.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Amazon used to be my go to place for pre-orders, but now that they charge tax where I live I might as well go to GS and pick up it right when I get out of work instead of waiting for UPS to arrive.

Got a pre-order in at my local GS last week. Looks like this one might be uncommon. Was the Tales of Vesperia CE GS/Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing the vesperia CE at a Gamecrazy long ago for about $30, but since I didn't have a 360 at the time, I didn't pick it up. Man, I miss that store. Miles better than GameStop.

Just canceled GS preorder for Amazon's.

Cancelled Gamestop and pre-ordered via Amazon with prime. My gamestop has been screwing up without care a lot lately so glad I don't have to worry about them screwing this up.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Amazon used to be my go to place for pre-orders, but now that they charge tax where I live I might as well go to GS and pick up it right when I get out of work instead of waiting for UPS to arrive.

Got a pre-order in at my local GS last week. Looks like this one might be uncommon. Was the Tales of Vesperia CE GS/Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Tales of Vesperia CE was actually Game Crazy/Amazon only.

[quote name='salty tbone']Too many folks jumping to conclusions these days, it seems.[/QUOTE]

Whatever. Tales of Vesperia CE was only 1 retail chain plus Amazon and look at it. If Europe is only getting 10k then we're getting about that much so it look like only 20k copies are being put out in the West.

I'd say that the price of it opened but complete will stay around its original MSRP while sealed will go for more. How much more depends on its reception (Vesperia is considered one of the best Tales games.)

Cause Gamestop sucks dude.

Amazon has consistently shown me through there positive Customer Service and discounts that they value their customer base.

Gamestop has not.

I agree that Amazon has been nothing but GREAT with me when it comes to customer service. If I ever have ANY problems they go out of their way to make it right for me.

My state will start getting charged tax next year. I still see me using Amazon for my purchases because they take care of their customers. Best Buy has been one of the worst (in store). I tried to return a game (unopened) the other day and they wouldn't even take it back because they said it was a 3rd party purchase (it wasn't). Such as waste of my time.

[quote name='TooPoor']Where is oasis boy among this Amazon love?[/QUOTE]

He's obviously slipping because he's way late on the "msrp is not a deal" stamp for this thread.

My Gamestop said they aren't taking pre-orders on the collector's edition anymore. Guess I'll try Amazon, thanks for posting that piece of information.

canceled an order I had at gs.com.

just FYI, if you don't get taxed at Amazon go with them. despite the hate GS gets, the packages are usually in much better condition than Amazon.

[quote name='TooPoor']Ah, didn't know he got banned.

Has anybody tried the locker pick up yet?[/QUOTE]

I've done many locker orders. For the most part it's a good feature. I do it for convenience or as a backup (return is free and you don't have to do a thing just don't pickup). Also free super saving shipping (non 2day prime) seems to be a bit faster than to my home (locker in same zip code).

The few issues I have are the amount of days you have to pickup. It is suppose to be within 3 days of delivery but sometimes it is 2-7 days (had times when it was picked up for return an hour or so before I went to pickup on last day and others it's been sitting day while I waited for a refund). Also some of packages were damaged.
On a few occasions the box was torn and almost open. I attribute this to poor carrier service and bad decision as to which locker to use (multiple sized lockers so a bigger package might get crammed into a smaller one). I am unsure if the carriers themselves put them in the lockers or there is someone at the store that houses the lockers that sets it up.

I pre-ordered through Amazon now too. Right now I have a CE pre-ordered with both Amazon and Gamestop, as well as the standard ed. with amazon (I had it pre-ordered before the CE announcement). I'll keep both CE pre-orders until shortly before release in-case either of them gets cancelled.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']canceled an order I had at gs.com.

just FYI, if you don't get taxed at Amazon go with them. despite the hate GS gets, the packages are usually in much better condition than Amazon.

I've done many locker orders. For the most part it's a good feature. I do it for convenience or as a backup (return is free and you don't have to do a thing just don't pickup). Also free super saving shipping (non 2day prime) seems to be a bit faster than to my home (locker in same zip code).

The few issues I have are the amount of days you have to pickup. It is suppose to be within 3 days of delivery but sometimes it is 2-7 days (had times when it was picked up for return an hour or so before I went to pickup on last day and others it's been sitting day while I waited for a refund). Also some of packages were damaged.
On a few occasions the box was torn and almost open. I attribute this to poor carrier service and bad decision as to which locker to use (multiple sized lockers so a bigger package might get crammed into a smaller one). I am unsure if the carriers themselves put them in the lockers or there is someone at the store that houses the lockers that sets it up.[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

I guess I'll ask a follow-up question: Are any of you who preordered the CE in-store at GS cancelling your preorder and moving it to Amazon? It seems that the majority of people transferring their preorders ordered it online and therefore don't trust GS.com's packaging.

I'm mainly asking these questions because I already have the CE preordered at a local GS, but there are several factors to consider in terms of my local GS vs. Amazon:

1. I already have $63.59 of the CE paid off at GS, and I had planned on using a $20 off coupon on the day I picked it up to make it $79.99+tax.

2. In the next few days, I'll have enough Amazon credit to cover the cost of the CE, but I'm worried the packaging job will be less than satisfactory--while I can't remember an instance where I received a CE in damaged condition, I've heard enough horror stories to know that "accidents" happen.

3. I trust the employees at my local GS to hold the CE for me and I think there's a greater chance of it arriving relatively unharmed.

4. I wouldn't pay tax if I went the Amazon route.

What do you guys think?

[quote name='Vigilante']I guess I'll ask a follow-up question: Are any of you who preordered the CE in-store at GS cancelling your preorder and moving it to Amazon? It seems that the majority of people transferring their preorders ordered it online and therefore don't trust GS.com's packaging.

I'm mainly asking these questions because I already have the CE preordered at a local GS, but there are several factors to consider in terms of my local GS vs. Amazon:

1. I already have $63.59 of the CE paid off at GS, and I had planned on using a $20 off coupon on the day I picked it up to make it $79.99+tax.

2. In the next few days, I'll have enough Amazon credit to cover the cost of the CE, but I'm worried the packaging job will be less than satisfactory--while I can't remember an instance where I received a CE in damaged condition, I've heard enough horror stories to know that "accidents" happen.

3. I trust the employees at my local GS to hold the CE for me and I think there's a greater chance of it arriving relatively unharmed.

4. I wouldn't pay tax if I went the Amazon route.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
Can you afford to keep your Gamestop pre-order? Buy the Amazon copy and just return if it's in bad condition. This way your Gamestop copy can be used as a backup option.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Can you apply promo codes to amazon orders after you make an order?

Or do you have to cancel and re-order?[/QUOTE]You can apply Amazon gift card credit to an order after you make it, but I don't know about promo codes. In fact, other than the code given for buying AC3 last fall, I can't remember the last time I used a promo code at Amazon.

[quote name='Vigilante']You can apply Amazon gift card credit to an order after you make it, but I don't know about promo codes. In fact, other than the code given for buying AC3 last fall, I can't remember the last time I used a promo code at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I meant Amazon credit.

I tried doing it before, but all I saw was change CC info or shipping address. Where do you do it?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I meant Amazon credit.

I tried doing it before, but all I saw was change CC info or shipping address. Where do you do it?[/QUOTE]Click to the order details and right away you should see a box that says how much gift card credit you have available (if any), and there should be a button that says "Apply Credit" which will then apply as much credit as possible towards the total.

bread's done
Back