Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='Bezerker']Sure is, good for re-selling too. Sold the one i got for $14 from Rhino on ebay for $60[/quote]

Rhino has been sold out everytime I called

I lucked out I guess :cool:

Yea, they had only one pre-order copy left, but since the guy who pre-ordered it didnt come within 48 hours or whatever, the clerk said i could have it ^_^.

Merry Christmas everbody, I hope everyone is having a great day.

Finally picked up Panzer Dragoon Saga (Complete and Mint!) so the holiday started on a good note for me. So anyone know where I can get a complete Snatcher?:)

Went to Countryside, Port Richey, Brandon, and Fowler TRU's today... every store was pretty much cleaned out already as soon as I got there (which was close to opening).

Fowler TRU was COMPLETELY empty on any high profile items... that was a huge bust. Brandon TRU also sucked because the employees admitted they had already bought everything decent, though one employee did let me buy his Atelier Iris 2 because he said he'd never play it.

I didn't check Saint Pete TRU because that TRU usually sucks anyways.

I went to Countryside TRU @ 12 where I expected to find Atelier Iris 2 & Advance Wars DS, which were there on the 24th. Instead, they were both gone, and all that was left was Steambot Chronicles, which I bought out of loyalty to Atlus.

I did find a copy of Earthbound out a pawn shop though, that I hope to trade for Lufia 2.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I went to Countryside TRU @ 12 where I expected to find Atelier Iris 2 & Advance Wars DS, which were there on the 24th. Instead, they were both gone, and all that was left was Steambot Chronicles, which I bought out of loyalty to Atlus.
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I snagged both of those... well, my friend snagged Advance Wars DS, I grabbed Atelier Iris 2, noticed it in the case as I was paying. I think I also got a Steambot Chronicles there and I left some behind... they also had some Tales of Legendia there too. Got there at roughly 10 am when they opened.

Other than Countryside, all the other TRU's were a bust... I did find one Monster Rancher Evo at Port Richey, though.

Alot of the stuff didn't even price tags, and I was told by the employees alot of the stuff like Metal Saga and espically Grandia 3 sold a long time ago.

I never checked the Saint Petersburg TRU except just once on like, the 23rd... they might have had some good stuff but IIRC, there are people on the boards that work there so I don't ever bother checking the store.

4 TRU's and it was mostly a giant bust, and just a huge waste of gas. Which is disappointing. I filled the tank once this morning and now I've got to fill it again, without really anything to show for it. I guess I saved some people some drives though.

Well I got my wii of CRAIGSLIST today for $100, it didnt have any cables or controllers, but I called NINTENDO and they sending them to me for free. Aparently the guy selling the wiis is running some kind of scam and having nintendo send him repair systems and not returning the one he claimed is broken. Just ordered rampage for $16 from Tru.com but no one seems to have what I really want which is monkey ball for the wii. Those that do have no coupons, buy.com is out of stock, tru cant order online.

Thank goodness, Tru.com got monkeyball back in stock moments ago, so I was able to scoop it up minus the 15% off coupon and the minus $10 google checkout discount.

Aha! So your the thief Roufuss!:) It was funny because I woke up late and I was debating whether to go or not because I figured you beat me to it since US 19 in Pinellas is your territory. It did lead me to stop and find Cart Only Earthbound (SNES) and Battletoads Double Dragon (NES, R5) at a pawn shop.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Aha! So your the thief Roufuss!:) It was funny because I woke up late and I was debating whether to go or not because I figured you beat me to it since US 19 in Pinellas is your territory. It did lead me to stop and find Cart Only Earthbound (SNES) and Battletoads Double Dragon (NES, R5) at a pawn shop.[/QUOTE]

Haha, then you made out alot better than I did, in the end ;)

You're welcome :)

Did ANYONE check the Saint Pete TRU today? I'm just curious now to see if it's as much of a bust as I thought, I went there Dec 23rd to look around and they literally had nothing worth mentioning.

[quote name='monkeyballer']Well I got my wii of CRAIGSLIST today for $100, it didnt have any cables or controllers, but I called NINTENDO and they sending them to me for free. Aparently the guy selling the wiis is running some kind of scam and having nintendo send him repair systems and not returning the one he claimed is broken. Just ordered rampage for $16 from Tru.com but no one seems to have what I really want which is monkey ball for the wii. Those that do have no coupons, buy.com is out of stock, tru cant order online.[/quote]

Monkeyball is $8 at Rhino if you have a Kmart near ya ;-)

Bezerker I was referring to monkey ball for the wii. I have every other monkey ball for every system, gamecube, xbox, ps2, ngage, gameboy advance, nintendo ds, and since tru got it back in stock before their sale ended, I have it on Wii. Its a rather good game, if you have never played it, $8 for the game is not a bad deal. Its backwards compat on the 360 if you find the xbox version.

Still can not beleive I got a Wii for $100

Well, I got screwed by Tru today, they say MONKEY BALL FOR Wii is on backorder, how did it become not available online all day until 930pm last night, then in stock, and now the next day on back order?? That totally sucks, since I only got a Wii for the Monkey Ball game :(

Otherguy, do you know how much it was ? I really wasnt gonna pay $50 for it, after my tru and google discount and shipping it was $30.

God, its almost like everyone missed all the pages of Rhino discussion...

Though maybe its better that they dont participate in these things. They'd probably end up giving the employees receipts or links to CAG...

Rhino is on the side of town I never go to. I may eventually go over and trade some crap but after finding rarities such as Earthbound, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Streets of Rage 3, Im a little tied up financially and I have every recent release game I want with exception of Dirge of Cerebus. Ill probably go there once I get a Wii and get rid of my extra PS3.

Looks like its shades of last year's TRU -> Gamerush hoarding. (RE4 GC FTW)

Atelier Iris 2 $24
Samurai Champloo $24
Metal Saga $27
Grandia III $12
Gundam Seed: Neverending Tomorrow (PS2) - $16
Monster Rancher EVO - $24
Steambot Chronicles - $24

Though i doubt they have any of these games left. Shame i was just by there yesterday. Guess i can make a trip on Saturday, unless someone can confirm that the Fowler TRU doesnt have any of these.

All this reading up on GR makes me wonder where Elmyra's been.

[quote name='Bezerker']All this reading up on GR makes me wonder where Elmyra's been.[/quote]
I'm still here, but mostly lurking right now. :D I'm going to have to sit out this round of GR flipping; I didn't go to a single TRU for the clearance, and Roufuss said that all the local stores were already cleaned out on the first day.

[quote name='Bezerker']Looks like its shades of last year's TRU -> Gamerush hoarding. (RE4 GC FTW)

Atelier Iris 2 $24
Samurai Champloo $24
Metal Saga $27
Grandia III $12
Gundam Seed: Neverending Tomorrow (PS2) - $16
Monster Rancher EVO - $24
Steambot Chronicles - $24

Though i doubt they have any of these games left. Shame i was just by there yesterday. Guess i can make a trip on Saturday, unless someone can confirm that the Fowler TRU doesnt have any of these.

All this reading up on GR makes me wonder where Elmyra's been.[/QUOTE]

I was at Fowler TRU the very first day of the sale at 1:30 pm and they were COMPLETELY cleaned out... all they had left was nothing but licensed GBA / DS shit.

Employees hoarded the entire Brandon store, this I know for a fact because I heard them talking about it.

Countryside barely had anything and what they did have is long gone... same with Port Richey.

I never bothered with Saint Pete.

Don't waste the time or the gas looking. Half of these games on the list our stores never ever stocked in the first place, like Metal Saga or Grandia 3.

This TRU clearance was one huge disappointment. Like I said earlier, I spent about 5 hours and around $30 in gas hitting up these 4 TRU's, only to find nothing at all. I had to buy almost all of the games I wanted off of people I know on CAG.. I should have just stayed home.

I got that PSP I told u guys about. It was in good condition, the only problems were the missing head phones & USB, but my camera USB fits, so no biggie. I also got GTA: LCS with it.

So I think I traded my extra 20 Gig PS3 for a 4 Slot MVS Neo Geo in Outstanding shape w/ 25 inch monitor and relpacement pieces. Includes Fatal Fury Special, Metal Slug X, and Metal Slug IV. The guy is delivering it for me and it seems the unit sells typically anywhere from $500 to in excess of $900 around the web. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Trade will be done this weekend.

Ugh, I hate you West Coast Tampa CAGs for having Gamerush near you. Sorry that your TRUs weren't well stocked with good stuff. If you don't mind driving two and a half hours, the Daytona Beach TRU is loaded with Wario Ware Twisteds.

Well, here in Lakeland our TRU actually has some good items for once... Picked up in total..

Castlevania DoS
Resident Evil DS
Steambot Chronicles
Rub Rabbits
Gunstar Super Heroes
Trace Memory
Advance Wars DS
Metal Gear Acid 2
Deep Labyrinth

I think that's about all I got between my BF and I, mostly me. Lol. All of those, they at least had plenty of most of the ones I picked up. The employee working picked some up as well I think. For once though I was greatly surprised since previous TRU sales I've been pretty SOL. Finally got to pick up some games I've been wanting though. :) My BF might be going back to pick up a couple more he wants, but yeah, they had plenty.

No the hard part is finding controllers for the Wii, mine is sitting useless until I find wii remote and nunchuk, cant even set the thing up with out a wii remote. Tried to use it as a gamecube until I get wii games and controllers, no dice, it wants a wii remote. Makes nice book end, until I find one.

I was surprised to walk into the Waters Target today & find 2 60 Gig PS3s. Are they getting easier to find?

Finally picked up DOAX2 & Elebits today, both of which are very fun. DOAi just wathed for like 20 mins b4 I started playing. I am going to the Fowler TRU tomorrow to look for Sonic & LOST figures, so should I bother digging through the games? lol

[quote name='monkeyballer']No the hard part is finding controllers for the Wii, mine is sitting useless until I find wii remote and nunchuk, cant even set the thing up with out a wii remote. Tried to use it as a gamecube until I get wii games and controllers, no dice, it wants a wii remote. Makes nice book end, until I find one.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a ton of controllers at K-Mart... try some of the K-Mart's that aren't in highly travelled areas. I know that a day or two ago the K-Mart on 34th Street South had at least 4 remotes.

Segasonic, according to Itrackr 9 out of 13 places have PS3's... they are pretty easy to find ;)

Im holding off for MGS4, Final Fantasy 13, or even the FInal Fantasy 7 remake (yea, like that's gonna happen) before i get my PS3. Seems like most of the games are rehashed platformers, sports, WW2 fighters, and a Gundam game, whoo.

As for the Wii; Shame on you Roufuss for not lining up at launch. The Dale Mabry Target didnt give away their last 10 tickets til 15 minutes before they opened the door. I got there at 5am and was #18 of 60.

[quote name='Bezerker']
As for the Wii; Shame on you Roufuss for not lining up at launch. The Dale Mabry Target didnt give away their last 10 tickets til 15 minutes before they opened the door. I got there at 5am and was #18 of 60.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't getting one for free then either ;)

It's a late Christmas present, I just have to find it.

Ah, makes sense then.

Just got back from the LoL Gamerush, to my suprise they had a 60GB PS3. Made me wish i still had my $500+ of store credit. Maybe we'll get lucky with another run of TRU & Circuit City finds come the new year so i can build some up.

Sorry to double post, but just figured i'd let anyone who cared know. The Citrus Park Best Buy, Gamestop & EB all have PS3's in stock.

Guess the Christmas rush is officially over, or all the scalpers found out they cant make jack on ebay anymore and returned them.

Went into Block Buster for the 1st time in forever, & was pleased to find that their games were 25% off. I walk over there & find MGS3: Subsistence (disc only, Destroy All Humans (complete, & Sid Meier's Pirates (no box). The total for all 3 of these came to $27.00. I am gonna check some other BBs, but idk of any good ones. Any suggestions?

Finally caught up on some trade fodder hunting. Was able to score 2 Wheel of Fortunes, and MTV Music Gen 3 from EB/GS, and an Odama from TRU all for Rhino trading. Nothing good left at the TRU on Brandon, the Fowler location didnt have any clearance games at all.

For anyone who might be looking for Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 XBX, the EB on Fowler (Jamba Juice plaza) has it for $59.99 used (ouch). The girl showed me the disc and it was scratchless.

[quote name='Bezerker']the Fowler location didnt have any clearance games at all.
[/QUOTE]

Told you.

They were cleaned out within the first two hours of when the sale started... probably the employees, they are all douches.

What are you trading all these for, anyways? I'm out of stuff to grab at Rhino :lol: I might use my leftover $20 for a points card or something.

Not much out there right now that i really want. I didnt really care for the Lost Planet demo (another FPS on the 360...) If they have any Zelda TP's for GC i might get those to re-sell on ebay again.

Well, I finally got my wii games, and my sensor bar from nintendo, all I need is controllers which no store has that I have been too, so I ordered from NINTENDO, they should be here tommorrow along with my monkey ball game i ordered from TRU.

Why does nintendo make you need to have a wii controller to set it up for use? I could have at least used it a gamecube game player until all the extra parts got here

[quote name='Otherguy676']So I think I traded my extra 20 Gig PS3 for a 4 Slot MVS Neo Geo in Outstanding shape w/ 25 inch monitor and relpacement pieces. Includes Fatal Fury Special, Metal Slug X, and Metal Slug IV. The guy is delivering it for me and it seems the unit sells typically anywhere from $500 to in excess of $900 around the web. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Trade will be done this weekend.[/quote]

Pretty cool

My BF has a Neo Geo 4 slot and probally would of traded you also for a PS3

He is a nut :cool:

[quote name='Otherguy676']Does he have any games that he wants to get rid of?[/quote]

Most of the games he has are kits

He would sell the following he said

Puzzle bobble kit
king of fighters 94
king of fighters 2001 partial kit
Snk Vs Capcom Chaos kit

I think he has a few more but not willing to sell.

Does anyone here work in retail / know someone who works in retail who might know when Wii's are coming in?

This is fucking ridiculous looking for them... it is so random and time consuming.

I agree, Roufuss. I'm looking for a second one for some friends of mine. Picked up an extra Wiimote today at Best Buy Tyrone, but no Wiis there, CC, TRU, EB, Wal-Mart or Target there this morning. Argh!

Guy at the Fowler TRU said they got Wii's in yesterday, but it would be a week and a half before they get more in. I saw plenty of PS3s stacked up, though.

[quote name='Legolas813']Guy at the Fowler TRU said they got Wii's in yesterday, but it would be a week and a half before they get more in. I saw plenty of PS3s stacked up, though.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the St Pete TRU told me the same thing... that they all came in yesterday. He said they expect them every Tue / Wed.

Lyric, this is the convo I had with the guy at Circuit City:

Me: You don't have any Wii's, right?

Him: No, we don't, but... I'd check back Sunday.

Me: Why Sunday? No shipments usually show up then.

Him: Well... I can't say for sure, you know, we don't know when shipments are coming in, but if I had to bet on a day Wii's would be here, it would be Sunday.

And he's smiling the whole time he's talking, like he knows a secret that he wants to tell me but he can't.

Now, maybe he's full of BS, or maybe CC is still holding for Sunday dates to make it easier, I don't know. I'll be checking Sunday morning but I'm not holding my breath at all.

It's too bad I don't have internet on my cell phone or I'd post as soon as I found a store that is carrying Wii's. Hell, if I had extra money (I don't :( ) I'd pick one up for someone at cost.

This may seem a bit crazy, but if anyone wants to start exchanging numbers so we can better help each other, that would be the way to go I think. I mean, with cell phones and text messaging and stuff we wouldn't even have to actually call one another, if anyone was phone shy ;) Just a quick message like "Wii's at EB in Tyrone" would be enough... because if any of us found them, by the time we get back here and post it they are long gone.

Well here is a heads up, if anyone is gonna buy a wii with no cables or controllers and get them else where, do not do it. The system is completly useless unless you have a wii remote. It will not even let you use it as a gamecube even after you set it up with a wii remote. The remote is needed to select it to even play gamecube games. I have every peice needed now, the nunchuck, the sensor bar, the av cables, the power cord, but the wii remote is on back order direct from nintendo. I have my monkey ball game, and its just sitting there now until I can find a wii remote. It totally sucks butt.

monkeyballer: The Tyrone Best Buy had a few Wiimotes this morning. I also saw them at Target in Pinellas Park a few days ago. And Roufuss: Check your PM. I left you my cell. I will have the funds to pick you up one if I happen to see two.

[quote name='lyric706'] And Roufuss: Check your PM. I left you my cell. I will have the funds to pick you up one if I happen to see two.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks a ton, I wrote you back too.

I think with a big enough net we are bound to catch some fish eventually.

For anyone looking for a decent price on a HDTV. Sams Club on N Dale Mabry has a 60" Sony LCD for $800. It has a broken screen, but the tag says the estimated repair cost is $515.

I believe it was This Model.

a little over $1,400 doesnt seem like that bad of a deal for a Sony 60" LCD (1080p). I'd wonder how long it'll take to get repaired though.

bread's done
Back