Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Don't have a list yet, thought it would be more suspenseful if there was a gathering and anticpating what others have to trade and making deals, rather than to have a predetermined list. Well I will prepare a list just in case there is no gathering.

I'd never be good at a meet n' greet....I can never seem to get rid of any games. I hold on to everything! I always say that I'll go back and finish or play the game again....I feel like more of a collector I guess.

By the way...was in Orlando today and stopped by the Target in Davenport (Claremont exit) and they had about 3 or 4 Zelda Phantom Hourglass clearanced to $17. A bunch of other random games...kinda tempted on the GT racing game w/ wheel for $10 but ended up passing on it. So if anyone is passing through that way this holiday weekend...might want to check it out.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Davenport is a good exit for Target clearance, the ones in Orlando proper are usually more miss than hit[/QUOTE]

yea its true. I have seasonal disney passes...so I end up stopping by a lot and they always seem to have a pretty full endcap of clearance games.

I made a list of my Oringinal Nintendo Games. Will add, Snes, N64, Atari, Sega some time next week. Looking to trade for other games

Adventures of Bayou Billy(w/manual)
Adventures of Tom Sawyer
After Burner
Air Fortress
American Gladiators
Anticipation
Back to the Future
Back to the Future Part II & III
Bad News Baseball
Bad Street Brawler
Balloon Fight
Barbie
Bart vs World
Baseball
Bases Loaded
Bases Loaded 2
Bases Loaded 3
Batman The Video Game
Battle Of Olympus
Battle Tank
Bayou Billy
Beetlejuice
Bible Adventures
Bigfoot
Blades of Steel
Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout
Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle
Bump'n Jump
Caesar's Palace(box)
California Games
Captain Skyhawk
Castlevania
Championship Bowling
City Connection
Classic Concentration
Cobra Triangle
Contra
Cybernoid
Dance Aerobics
Dash Galaxy
Daydreamin'Davey
Days of Thunder
Deadle Towers
Defender II
Defender of the Crown
Dick Tracy
Dig Dug 2
Dodge Ball
Donkey Kong Classics
Double Dare
Double Dragon
Double Dragon 2
Double Dragon 3
Doubke Dribble
Dr. Chaos
Dr. Mario(box-no manual)
Dragon Warrior
Duck Tales
Elevator Action
Eliminator Boat Duel
Excite Bike
Faxanadu
Fester's Quest
Fighting Golf
Fire'N Ice
Flight Intruder
Freedom Force
Friday the 13th
Galaga
Gauntlet II
George Foreman Boxing
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Goal
Godzilla
Golf
Golgo 13
Goonies II
Gremlins 2
Guardian Legend
Gun Smoke(box)
Gyromite
Heavy Barrel
Hogan's Alley
Hollywoods Squares
Hoops
Hunt for Red October
Ice Hockey
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
Ironsword
Jackal
Jack Nicklaus Golf
Jaws
Jeopardy
Jeopardy 25th Anniversity Edition
Jetsons
John Elway's Queartback
Jordan vs Bird
Jungle Book
Jurassic Park
Karate Champ
Karate Kid
Kings of the Beach
Knight Rider
Kung Fu
Legend Of Kane
Legend of Zelda gold
Legend of Zelda II gold
Little League Baseball
Little Mermaid
Little Nemo
Low G Man
Lunar Pool
Mad MAx
Magic Johnson's Fast Break
Maniac Mansion
Mega Man 3
Marble Madness
Metal Gear
Metal Mech
Metroid
Michael Andretti's World Cup
Mickey Mousecapade
Mighty Bomb Jack
Mike Tyson Punchout
Millipede
Milon's secret Castle
Mission Impossible
Muppet Adventure
Narc
Ninja Gaiden
Nightmare on Elm Street
Operation Wolf
Paperboy
Pinball
Pinbot
Play Action Football
P.O.W.
Pro Wrestling
Punch-Out
Racket Attack
Rad Racer
Rad Racer 2
Raid on Bungeling Bay
R.B.I. Baseball
R.B.I. Baseball 2
R.B.I. Baseball 3
RC Pro AM
Remote Control
Rescue Rangers
Roadblasters
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Robocop
Rocketeer
Rocket Ranger
Rock-N-Ball
Roger Clemen's MVP Baseball
Roger Rabbit(w/manual)
Rush'N Attack
Section Z
Seicross
Shreddin
Shingen the Ruler
Shooting Range
Side Pocket
Silent Service
Skate or Die
Sky Shark
Snoopy's Silly Sports
Soccer
Solar Jetman
Solstice
Space Shuttle Project
Spider-Man
Star Force
Star Solider
Stealth
Super Dodge Ball
Super Cars(box-no manual)
Super Glove Ball
Super Jeopardy
Super Mario/Duck Hunt
Super Mario/Duck Hunt/Track Meet
Super Mario
Super Mario 2
Super Mario 3
Super Off Road
Super Spike V'Ball(box)
Super Sprint
Super Team Games
Swamp Thing
Swords and Serpents
Taboo
Tag Team Wrestling
T&C Surf Designs
Tecmo Bowl
Tecmo Super Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
Tennis
Tetris
Thundercade
Tiger-Heli
Tiny Toon Adventures
Top Gun
Top Gun 2
Top Players Tennis
Total Recall
Totally Rad
Track & Field 2
Track Meet
Trick Shooting
Trojan
Ultimate Basketball
Vegas Dream(box)
Videomation
Wayne Gretzky Hockey
Werewolf
Wheel of Fortune
Where's Waldo
Willow
Win Lose or Draw
Winter Games
World Games
World Wrestling(box)
Wrath of the Black Manta
WWf Wrestlemania Challenge
Xenophobe
Xevious the Avenger
Xexyz
Yoshi

If anyone's interested the Super Target off of County Road 581 and Bruce B Downs in Wesley Chapel marked down the Bioshock 2 LE's they have on Clearence. I just picked up one for the PS3 for $17. I looked a little and they had one more PS3 copy left if anyone wants it. I don't think they had any 360 versions.

Nothing really good deal wise to post, sorry. :(

Just wanted to say that the Zephyrhills Kmart is about a gold mine with the gaming deals. They don't advertise them that well (the circular is available at the electronics desk though, under the glass, but they only have about half the stickers up), but everything works. They probably had 20 copies of Kirby's Epic Yarn and another 20 Fallout:NV in the cases. Not to mention those Sesame Street and Zhu Zhu games. They probably had 20 each of those too.

The place was in disarray though. According to Charlene, the cashier, they were backed up because a lot of their employees were sick and one just died. The manager was putting out the deliveries from last MONDAY while I was there Friday morning, because the Friday truck (according to Charlene, it was a 1200 piece delivery) couldn't be emptied until the Mon/Wed deliveries were moved. Even through what sounded like a rough week, Charlene was damn cheerful and almost seemed.... happy... to help me get something from the case and ring me up. When my SYWR card wouldn't scan (I only had the keychain one) I just told her I could enter the receipt online if it wouldn't work but she tried like 50 times and even said if I wanted she could key in the card manually- how often does that happen? Good customer service... from KMART. That's a sign of the apocalypse.

In the end everything worked out but good lord did it look like someone let off a bomb in that store. It was nearly impossible to get to the games cases (which stupidly aren't in the electronics section... nah, they're on the next aisle with the little girls' toys).

I honestly have to say that Kmart still being open surprises me. Friday was the busiest I've ever seen it- and I saw one other person in electronics and maybe a dozen people total.

sup guys it's been a minute. Checking in.. yeah I tried to make it to a meet & greet like two years ago at Gameworks but I was late, got there and saw no one hahah

[quote name='Terlan']If anyone's interested the Super Target off of County Road 581 and Bruce B Downs in Wesley Chapel marked down the Bioshock 2 LE's they have on Clearence. I just picked up one for the PS3 for $17. I looked a little and they had one more PS3 copy left if anyone wants it. I don't think they had any 360 versions.[/QUOTE]

Def good deal. I don't have a ps3 tho...and bioshock 2 blew compared to the first game. ;)

I hate the Target in Oldsmar sometimes, they're the only store that drops to 85% however everything they have is still either full price or $10-$15 more than the supposed most recent drops at the other stores.

I worked at the Oldsmar / Boot Ranch target back in summer '04, there drops have never been like other stores, I've seen random clearance %s that are never the same in other stores and sometimes they dont even mark whats on clearance. Bruce B Downs Target by USF was like that when I was a student there, I used to get some unmarked clearance there all the time.

Can any Tampa CAGs help me? I need to order an item that only ships to Japan. Anyone got family in Japan that could get something to tampa?

It's from Konami Style and it's a figure if anyone must know...

[quote name='Segasonic01']Can any Tampa CAGs help me? I need to order an item that only ships to Japan. Anyone got family in Japan that could get something to tampa?

It's from Konami Style and it's a figure if anyone must know...[/QUOTE]

Did you check any of the other Japanese sites that ship to the US? Sometimes they will get some of the figures from sites like Konami Style. I've used HLJ.com with a lot of luck.

[quote name='Bezerker']The news story had a link to where he could buy it, he just didn't notice.[/QUOTE]
I didnt wanna buy it from someone off blogspot...

No but I'll keep my eyes peeled. Sega if you bring me a McDonald's Value Meal Double Quarter Pounder no pickles, you can have the CE stuff. No Lie.

Hello Tampa CAG! I ended up with 2 Playstation Move controllers, 1 Playstation Eye Camera and the Singstar +Dance game (with 2 mics) from a promotion. Since I don't have a PS3, I was thinking about selling them on eBay. Before I do that, I wanted to make them available to you.

$50 for each Move Controller
$40 for the Eye Camera
$30 for Singstar +Dance

The controllers and Singstar are in 'promotion packaging', and not retail packaging.

PM me if you are interested.

[quote name='frostybroc']No but I'll keep my eyes peeled. Sega if you bring me a McDonald's Value Meal Double Quarter Pounder no pickles, you can have the CE stuff. No Lie.[/QUOTE]

funny. :lol:

Hey guys anyone heading to any radioshacks today I want to look for the clearances but gotta work till 9 pm tonight and 9-5 tomorrow soi won't be able hit any I looking for 3 and would gladly pay $90-$95 each for there troubles thanks

Yeah, none in Tampa have them.

I hit up the Busch Blvd one, since my dad had a dentist's appt today and needed someone to drive him home. The guy working there was rather rude, and treated me like an idiot when I said RadioShack.com's inventory checker said they had one. Calling the Pebble Creek one proved annoying last night- first call no one answered, second call someone answered within about 2 seconds and when I asked he said RadioShack didn't sell any DS Lites. The guy at the Busch Blvd one called there and apparently the manager there said they haven't had any in stock since before the clearance drop, but that a bunch of people are looking for them.

Also, the one Lakeland store that RS.com says would have them is out. Called them and the woman answered saying I called AT&T Mobility and I was really confused until I asked what store I just called and she replied with "Oh, I'm sorry... RadioShack." The Seffner store supposedly had stock of the Silver one (according to the Brooksville store, who had 1 yesterday when I got there- it's not there anymore ;)) but they sold out as well.

Basically, every store I've tried checking either claims they don't sell it, that RadioShack doesn't sell it, or that they don't have it in stock. Whether they do or don't is possibly iffy, but it sounds like if any of them did that they sold out long ago.

TL;DR: It's becoming apparent that RadioShack within at least 1 hour of Tampa does not have the DS Lite in stock. I likely got the last one yesterday, in Brooksville.

So what is everyone doing for the holidays? The week after Christmas I have off so looks like I'll get to finishing reading some books I have been putting off and hopefully finishing Crackdown 2, New Vegas, and more Castlevania Harmony of Despair.

Surprisingly, I tried not to ask for any games for christmas! haha...my backlog is just too huge. Plus I don't think there is really anything coming out soon that I want really bad......I'm trying to save up for the 3DSi. I will be playing wii-endless ocean over the holidays. Got a copy for my sister during the bf amazon week for xmas.

I agree, but I ended up with some anyways. Today I beat Crackdown 2. Still need to run through and attempt to finish the achievements. Now onto New Vegas, CoD BLOPS, and Mass Effect2

EDIT: I also have that Collector Edition up for grabs. Seriously just looking for $5 bucks. (Fallout 3, Gettin Up and Makai Kingdom)

Hey Tampa Bay CAG! Today is the last day for the Buy 1 Get 1 game $14.99 and under @ Blockbuster. Most have been hit pretty hard in the area, but the Westchase Blockbuster on Linebaugh ave has TONS! Here is what I remember. Hopefully this is helpful to everyone.

:360:
Singularity
Lost Planet 2
Dead to Rights Retribution
Dante's Inferno
Crackdown 2
Left 4 Dead (1, not 2)
Guitar Hero 5
NCAA 2011

:ds:
Marvel Superhero Squad
Lego Batman

Hey guys, I was up at the Sweetbay shopping center on Fowler and a new independent games tore just opened about two weeks ago.

Its called R U Game? and I guess this their second location.

They have tons of SNES, N64, NES, Genesis, etc. stuff for fairly inexpensive. They also have a pretty large assortment of imports. All sorts of accessories and stuff. They even have a 2 slot NeoGeo cabinet in the back with Samurai Shodown 2 in it.

http://rugamestore.com/

2708 E. Fowler Ave.
Tampa, FL 33612

More importantly the cabinet has bust a move. I went there the day they opened. They had an ok selection. Prices were kinda hit or miss

Well, unless Google Maps is lying, that place is right across the street from USF. It just so happens that next weekend I'll be at USF hanging out with some friends.

I know where I'll also be going :D.

I checked it out this weekend, It is very much your flea market variety of games. Truthfully prices didn't seem too competitive.

Checked it out earlier today (along with the GS on the other side of USF- they had one copy of Dragon Quest V, complete, for $35. Best use of a GameStop GC for me).

I found a few things that were cheap, but not much. A lot of their accessories were oddly priced. 3-pack DS styli were $4.99, but the 4-pack right next to it was the same price. Then their supply of GameCube controllers were $12, for the ones you get on eBay or from Meritline for a fraction of the price. Heck, I just bought one off Meritline for $4!

I did however snag a complete Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for $14.99 - 5% student discount (almost covered those taxes :'(). I'm sure that you went through everything they had, you'd find what you do in most stores- some things are good prices, some aren't. It looks like, at the very least, they try to compete with and possibly outdo GameStop.

Blockbuster by USF on Fletcher and Bruce B. Downs is closing. Right now 20% Video games. I copped Nier for 13.50 and Bioshock 2 for 8.50. They had quite a few copies of Reach, New Vegas, and Super Street Fighter. I'll be trying to make rounds again hopefully i can grab Batman: AA for 10-12 bucks. Same for Lost Planet 2.

The BBV on Van Dyke/Dale Mabry is closing as well. I havent had the chance to check it out, but i think they're on their 2nd week so its probably 20% as well

According to the store on Anderson/Gunn, their store may be on the chopping block next.

Can't say I am surprised that either of them are closing. What I am really surprised about is that the BBV in Zephyrhills is still open. How they stay open is beyond me. There's always at least 3 people working, but there's never more than 3 people in the store shopping.

Also, if anyone was a fan of the comic book store in the strip mall next to R U Game (between the I want to say Best Buy strip mall and University Mall. I don't really know that area well) it's closed and moved to Waters Ave somewhere.

bread's done
Back