Target 20% off Destiny Trade-In Promotion and $20 Guaranteed for Select Titles

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Not everyone frequents the Target Thread, so I thought I might as well make a separate thread for Target's awesome current trade-in promo! (Mods, feel free to delete if repost.)

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com/ (click on red box labeled "20% Off Credit Towards Destiny!*!" for more information)

Here are the details of the promotion if you're too lazy to check yourself lol:

20% off Destiny Trade-In Promotion
Between 8/31/14 and 9/6/14 trade in eligible video games* and get the trade-in value PLUS 20% off Destiny AND get a guaranteed trade-in value on select hot titles. 20% off coupon will be valid 9/9 - 9/20/2014.

$20 Guaranteed Trade-in Value on the following select titles:

-Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)
-Titanfall (Xbox One & Xbox 360)
-Battlefield 4 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)
-Call of Duty: Ghosts (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)
-NBA 2K14 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)

*To be eligible for the promotion, video game must be in the trade-in catalog. Offer valid in-store only in select Target mobile locations. Search below to find eligible stores.

All in all, if you have any copies of the above titles that you're looking to get rid of (*cough* mainly Call of Duty: Ghosts *cough*), now would be the time to do it if

a) you want Destiny for 20% off (even better with RedCard 5% off/employee discount 10% off)
b) don't like/have GameStop credit
c) don't like/have Best Buy credit / don't have GCU at Best Buy
d) (edited for post #21) don't like Walmart LOL

e) etc...

Thanks for reading and have a fine day :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we still have to do this through the mobile salesperson? Just wondering cause I cant go til after work at about 8 and I dont know if theyll still be there.

Target mobile leaves at 8 in our store..some stay the whole time the store is open. It varies, I'd call electronics (if you get a chance) and ask them to ask the target mobile team member for you

So I called a local Target and the first said they ran out of preorder cards. I called another and they said basically that the other store didn't know what they were talking about, and he would take care of the promo. Now the interesting part is he mentioned there is a cartwheel promo that will combine for another 10% off for the first 20,000 people that add the coupon (when the game launches). He read it from a paper in front of him. Now I can't verify because it was over the phone but the guy sounded confident that he knew what he was talking about. I'm going to breakfast and then hitting up Target with my trade in/preorder and I'll check back in.
Woah, 10% coupon? Now the stacking potential is really tempting me to trade something there today to get the 20% off, even though I have a PS4 LE coming from Best Buy.

So if I were to trade in Ghosts, would that get me a $20 GC to use at Target + that 20% coupon? Or does the Ghosts credit have to go towards purchasing Destiny?

So if I were to trade in Ghosts, would that get me a $20 GC to use at Target + that 20% coupon? Or does the Ghosts credit have to go towards purchasing Destiny?
For any trade, they give you a gift card with the amount on it. They then print out the coupon for you to take to the store afterwards. I'm pumped!

Any trick for the $20 value? Just went to the Target Mobile station and the most I was quoted for COD:Ghosts, AC4, and BF4 (PS3 versions) was about $10 dollars and change credit all in plus the 20% coupon. Does this work only for the PS4/XB1 versions as trade?

Any trick for the $20 value? Just went to the Target Mobile station and the most I was quoted for COD:Ghosts, AC4, and BF4 (PS3 versions) was about $10 dollars and change credit all in plus the 20% coupon. Does this work only for the PS4/XB1 versions as trade?
There should of been 2 options for them to pick from in the beginning of the trade. That should of pulled up the $20 values

I'm sure you could direct them to their own website / promotion, too.

I had to direct the employee that was doing my trade in. I should work there...good deal though. $30 for cod:ghosts for Xbox 360

Went ahead and turned in my :360: ACIV for $20. Bought it for $20 from a PM at BB. Got the 20% coupon. Will wait and see what the next week brings in the way of possible sales or PM opportunities before grabbing Destiny.

so i am considering trading in my cod:ghosts for 360 for destiny at target. i just want to go over what needs to be done, although it sounds like not all employees are knowledgable on what they have to do:

take my trade in to the mobile department, tell them about the rpromo and just make sure they choose the option to give $20 for ghosts and print the coupon for destiny...then go to the game department and get a preorder card?

I've never heard of Astronaut ice cream...besides that deal doesn't go live until 9/14.
Does it matter if you've heard of it? Its frickin ASTRONAUT icecream!

I will say its mediocre. We have a science center here in columbus that used to sell it as a novelty gift. Of course every child wanted it because of it having astronaut in the name.

so i am considering trading in my cod:ghosts for 360 for destiny at target. i just want to go over what needs to be done, although it sounds like not all employees are knowledgable on what they have to do:

take my trade in to the mobile department, tell them about the rpromo and just make sure they choose the option to give $20 for ghosts and print the coupon for destiny...then go to the game department and get a preorder card?
Welp, this is way late, but that's pretty much what you needed to do. YMMV on how knowledgeable the store employees are, on the promo though. The guy who helped me looked at my copy of Ghosts, and immediately asked me about how interested I was, in Destiny. Didn't have to point out anything to him.

Does it matter if you've heard of it? Its frickin ASTRONAUT icecream!

I will say its mediocre. We have a science center here in columbus that used to sell it as a novelty gift. Of course every child wanted it because of it having astronaut in the name.
It's freeze dried, dehydrated sugar and cream that melts in your mouth like ice cream would. There is nothing icy about it.

normally target allow 1 manufacturer coupon and 1 target coupon per item. i wonder if they will let the 10% cartwheel, 20% trade in coupon, and the $5 GC preorder card to stack

normally target allow 1 manufacturer coupon and 1 target coupon per item. i wonder if they will let the 10% cartwheel, 20% trade in coupon, and the $5 GC preorder card to stack
The cartwheel app specifically mentions "Limit no more than one manufacturer coupon, one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer can be combined per item."

Most likely it won't. The 20% and the cartwheel will for sure work. However the pre order card is technically a another TGT coupon. Only way you will get it if an GSTL/LOD subtracts the $5 off your total, of course that will be a YMMV.

10% movers coupon +10% cartwheel coupon +20% coupon +5% off with red card = 33 without tax and free $5 gift card for reserving destiny + free 6-pk 16.9 oz Coke bottles SMH

LOL... Guess I'll be picking up Destiny on Tuesday. Gotta run by the PO and grab a movers pack. I figure the three things, if they combine, plus the $20 GC I got from ACIV last night makes Destiny a day 1 purchase.

so i hadn't heard of cartwheel before today, looked it up and signed up and i see the destiny coupon. so let me get this straight...i can go trade in my 360 copy of cod:ghosts towards Destiny, get $20 gift card and 20% coupon for destiny, and either the 10% cartwheel OR the 10% movers coupon on the purchase. YMMV if somehow all could be applied, but i should really only expect 1 or the other right? but thats still atleast 30% off and $20 for an old game?

oh damnit! i somehow misread the dates and thought it was going on until the release day! bah guess ill get it at best buy then since i just wanted $20 for cod. should have acted sooner.

My thanks as well for the Cartwheel heads up. I check it each day, but I come to CAG first :).

Re: mover's, that'll depend on what included in your mover's pack in your area post office.

Keep in mind the cartwheel coupon is only good for the first 20k purchases.  That'll probably happen in the first few hours on Sept 9th, so I wouldn't plan on getting the deal if you aren't going into the store tuesday morning.

And yeah most mover packets don't have the Target 10% coupon.  However I have read that it is not a unique code, and certain zip codes in florida give you one online (dunno which ones).  I bought the digital Destiny (and ps4 ghost) so not buying at Target but its definitely a good deal if you got the 20% coupon from tradein last week.

Wait, isn't the ten percent movers coupon for best buy? Why are people saying that for Target? Anyway I just got the 10% Destiny Coupon thanks for the heads up.  It'll stack with the 20% off right?

Also, can you still pre-reserve destiny for the 5 dollar gc?

The way the cartwheel coupon reads is for 20k to add it, not use it. If it was first 20k to use it, it'd be an obvious east coast only coupon.

Keep in mind the cartwheel coupon is only good for the first 20k purchases. That'll probably happen in the first few hours on Sept 9th, so I wouldn't plan on getting the deal if you aren't going into the store tuesday morning.

And yeah most mover packets don't have the Target 10% coupon. However I have read that it is not a unique code, and certain zip codes in florida give you one online (dunno which ones). I bought the digital Destiny (and ps4 ghost) so not buying at Target but its definitely a good deal if you got the 20% coupon from tradein last week.

Wait, isn't the ten percent movers coupon for best buy? Why are people saying that for Target? Anyway I just got the 10% Destiny Coupon thanks for the heads up. It'll stack with the 20% off right?

There's a Movers Coupon for Target also. Destiny coupon is 20% off.

Wait, isn't the ten percent movers coupon for best buy? Why are people saying that for Target? Anyway I just got the 10% Destiny Coupon thanks for the heads up. It'll stack with the 20% off right?

The pre-sale cards are YMMV. They're supposed to take them off the shelves a week before the game comes out, but you might get lucky. I couldn't get the card myself since both of the stores near me took it down, though Kurokai-san (post #184) said that stacking all 3 might be YMMV anyways if the pre-sale card and the trade-in coupon both count as Target coupons in the system.

I don't know why you people keep making up rules. The trade-in coupon is a Target coupon. Cartwheel is a Target coupon. The $5 gift card is not a coupon and it is meant to be given to you after you purchase the game.

I don't know why you people keep making up rules. The trade-in coupon is a Target coupon. Cartwheel is a Target coupon. The $5 gift card is not a coupon and it is meant to be given to you after you purchase the game.
Cartwheel coupons are separate than target coupons. They have been stacking with anything (example: preorder %off deals, and other target coupons).

And I'm going to drop a bomb here: Guess what? The 20% off destiny coupon IS NOT unique. They are all the same barcode. I noticed this when I got 3 separate coupons for the madden $10 off trade promo and they were all the same number. I also confirmed my destiny coupon is the same number with another cag. I think it is against the rules to post coupons though, so I will refrain from that.

Cartwheel coupons are separate than target coupons. They have been stacking with anything (example: preorder %off deals, and other target coupons).

And I'm going to drop a bomb here: Guess what? The 20% off destiny coupon IS NOT unique. They are all the same barcode. I noticed this when I got 3 separate coupons for the madden $10 off trade promo and they were all the same number. I also confirmed my destiny coupon is the same number with another cag. I think it is against the rules to post coupons though, so I will refrain from that.
I realized that too haha. There are always scans of GameStop's birthday coupons, so in this case, can it be that bad?

bread's done
Back