Target - $4.99 - Select Nintendo 3DS games

srocky26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
https://www.target.com/c/nintendo-3ds-games-video/-/N-5xfno?sortBy=PriceLow&Nao=0

Includes:
Mario 3D Land
Zelda OoT
Zelda Link Between Worlds
DK Country Returns
Luigi Dark Moon

all titles listed below are 4.99
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds (I bought this one)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Super Mario 3D Land
Nintendo Selects: Ultimate NES Remix - Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing™: New Leaf Nintendo 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Nintendo 3DS (I will be buying this one at my target asap)
Project X Zone 2 Nintendo 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D already removed from the site listing but some people have found it in store.

Other items
Mario Kart 7 $14.99
New Super Mario Bros. 2 $14.99
Detective Pikachu (Nintendo 3DS) $24.99
Minecraft (New Nintendo 3DS) (Nintendo 3DS) $14.99

Games I can't see the price on because it is out of stock and has price only visible when added to cart
Puzzles & Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Edition Nintendo 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest Nintendo 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright Nintendo 3DS

Credit to SD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm to buy Wario Ware Gold and Luigi's Mansion for $25 now or wait if they'll be cheaper? How are the print runs of each?

Zelda:ALBW i in stock for shipping. I swear it wasn't there a little bit ago.
Seems like one of those sales where some people would attempt to stock up majorly, but they might cancel orders like that.

On Luigi's Mansion/WW: seems to me that there are tons of unsold Luigi's Mansion around. Warioware is shorter stock but still available. Tough to say if they'll go down in price, but there's a possibility they will be $4.99 in the future (lol)

Seems like one of those sales where some people would attempt to stock up majorly, but they might cancel orders like that.

On Luigi's Mansion/WW: seems to me that there are tons of unsold Luigi's Mansion around. Warioware is shorter stock but still available. Tough to say if they'll go down in price, but there's a possibility they will be $4.99 in the future (lol)
The only reason that these are $4.99 is because they were Nintendo selects and there was a blanket $15 off games sale. $4.99 for a 1st party Nintendo title is unheard of and unlikely to be seen anytime in the near future.

all titles listed below are 4.99
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds (I bought this one)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon 
Super Mario 3D Land
Nintendo Selects: Ultimate NES Remix - Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing™: New Leaf Nintendo 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Nintendo 3DS (I will be buying this one at my target asap)
Project X Zone 2 Nintendo 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D already removed from the site listing but some people have found it in store. 

Other items 
Mario Kart 7 $14.99
New Super Mario Bros. 2 $14.99
Detective Pikachu (Nintendo 3DS) $24.99
Minecraft (New Nintendo 3DS) (Nintendo 3DS) $14.99

Games I can't see the price on because it is out of stock and has price only visible when added to cart

@gnugget5, I know, I was joking. ;)

I checked the Fire Emblems in store and got $25 pulled up for both of them. My store had Shadows of Valentia in the clearance section for $19.97 but might be ymmv.

Pretty sure they are all $24.99.

Also the 3DS isn't being phased out (well maybe in store to save room) because Nintendo will still be releasing reboots of Wii games for it through 2019.

Parents don't want to buy their 5 year old a $300 Switch, just buy them an $80 2DS.

@gnugget5, I know, I was joking. ;)

I checked the Fire Emblems in store and got $25 pulled up for both of them. My store had Shadows of Valentia in the clearance section for $19.97 but might be ymmv.
In another thread I remember seeing people mention they found valentia for 15$ I think so definitely ymmv. Ah it was 11.98 for echoes and warriors

I believe it was the pokeball plus control and pokemon eevee plus bundle which were 15-35$ for the former and 50$ for the bundle

Is this confirmed at all? If so there better be a Fzero GX port.
It's Nintendo, they confirm nothing. But where is the rush?

F-Zero GX is a GameCube game and not a Wii port. But in March they are porting over Kirby Yarn from the Wii. Next week is a Mario & Luigi port. I think Nintendo will stretch the 3DS life until at least Christmas but that it's time is nearing it's end, but Nintendo won't just kill the 3DS with it's huge fanbase. I'm sure we will see a few leftover 3rd party games until Christmas when the system will most likely be killed.

Or maybe I'm wishful thinking.

Does anyone know the prices for Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright? I can't add them to cart to see it.

edit - I see someone said they are $24.99 a few posts above.

What a great time to wake up at. Would have wanted all those $5 games for my girlfriend since I got her a 3DS and she never plays it

My store had already pulled the stock off the floor, but I was able to have them grab in back for me: NES Remix, Mario 3D Land, LoZ: LBW and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

If anyone else decides to go to their local Best Buy store to pricematch, don't waste your time! The register automatically blocks the request because the price is too low. Wasted an hour and got nothing. I'm sure other retailers have similar blocks in place.

Looks like I waited too long to go to my local target for SMT. Showing up as out of stock now. I don’t really need SMT:A (as I already have SMTIV) but it’s $5.

I’ll try another target tomorrow after work.

I think every game is simply $15 off. I picked up:

Super Mario 3D Land ($5)

LOZ: Ocarina of Time ($5)
LOZ: A Link Between Worlds ($5)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon ($5)

Detective Pikachu ($25)

Kirby Battle Royale with Cheese ($25)

Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World  ($11.98 ... on clearance)

Got my Best Buy (via online chat) to match NES Remix, Was the only $5 game I wanted that my Best Buy actually listed they had. Target online said my store had it too but they couldn't locate it in store.

Picked up Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright for $24.99, Super Smash Bros for $24.99, Ultimate NES Remix for $4.99, and Project X-Zone 2 for $4.99. 

Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters and Metroid: Samus Returns are both $24.99 each but I already had them so I left them on the shelf.

If anyone else decides to go to their local Best Buy store to pricematch, don't waste your time! The register automatically blocks the request because the price is too low. Wasted an hour and got nothing. I'm sure other retailers have similar blocks in place.
How did that work? The manager just overrides it
And types the reason in the narrative box in my store in the past. Did that person at the register ask for one or simply shoot you down on their own.

I wonder if that is new. I got them to price match a copy of Codename Steam from Gamestop that was around $5 with zero issue.

The Target I went to appeared to be picked over except for both Zelda games, but I had them check in the back and ended up getting NES Remix, Luigi’s Mansion DM, and Minecraft (I know it’s the worst version). I was hoping to find more $5 games, but I’m pretty happy.

How did that work? The manager just overrides it
And types the reason in the narrative box in my store in the past. Did that person at the register ask for one or simply shoot you down on their own.
It wouldn't allow the manager to override. She did call over the manager, and the employees nearby were a bit salty about the price being so low, but the manager said "Do it for him, and if anyone else asks for them, don't do it." She did tell me that there was a lowest price listed that the system would allow - I think it was $16 for Zelda: Link Between Two Worlds.

I wonder if that is new. I got them to price match a copy of Codename Steam from Gamestop that was around $5 with zero issue.
I haven't had issues with pricematching either until now. Codename Steam was already an old game when GS had it for $5, right? Do you remember how much BB was selling it for?

Target here seemed to have pulled all the 3DS games from the shelf and shoved them on an endcap, so I assume this is the end of 3DS at Target. I found none of the $5 games, I assume they were already picked over by resellers.

Yeah that how it always was. That lowest price allowed is overridden by a true manager. Based on what you said originally, it sounded like the manager refused you as well as the register. Sounds like that manager wants the register person to BS future customers into thinking it cant be done

Lol they had the games tucked away in some other case. Not sure if they were planning on moving them to the back, or an employee put them there, or they forgot they were there (seems like the least likely of the three since there were pretty much JUST discounted 3ds games)...

Same thing happened to me. Luckily the target next door had the games I wanted.

Picked the wrong day to sleep in past 11. Still managed to get most of what I wanted though.

First tried to get BB chat working and it wouldn't load for some reason. Then went to 2 targets and 2 BBs that happen to both be by each other. Only found 1 copy ALBW at Target. At first BB, I tried to pricematch OoT, NES Remix, and 3d marioland. They said Mario was out of stock so they couldn't do that one even though I see it as in stock on the website at some Targets in the area. The other 2 both came up with the notice that they couldn't be discounted more than 50%. A manager came over and created a $10 GC and marked each game to 9.99. He then used the GC on the purchase so I was able to get each game for $5. At second BB, tried to match Marioland and Luigi's Mansion and they said one was out of stock but didn't mention which one. They got the 50% notice, so they got a manager and the manager said they can't pricematch at all if the game is below $10 because it's below their cost for the game.

Went home and tried chat again. Didn't work in Chrome still, but tried Edge and it worked no problem. The CS agent took awhile, but matched Marioland no problem. I'm still on the fence about Luigi's Mansion so I haven't tried that. I did try Donkey Kong, but the only version BB has is digital and they won't match Target's physical version.

Really hoping this means more clearanced 2DSs. Been thinking of upgrading my OG 3DS but I don't have much of a need to at the moment.

was at target today to get the pokemon let's go eevee pokeball plus for $50 and got home to see this thread!

went on bestbuy.com and got price adjustments for mario land and nes remix. was going to get luigis mansion but it isn't on the target site anymore.

Yeah that how it always was. That lowest price allowed is overridden by a true manager. Based on what you said originally, it sounded like the manager refused you as well as the register. Sounds like that manager wants the register person to BS future customers into thinking it cant be done
I think this is a new thing. Check out nny's post below: the manager created $10 gift cards to knock the prices down since the computer wouldn't let him get past the 50% warning. Have you seen that warning before?

Really hoping this means more clearanced 2DSs. Been thinking of upgrading my OG 3DS but I don't have much of a need to at the moment.
I saw the new 2ds xl for 70$ at my local target. nearly bought one. I think I will go get one tuesday.

Went to another Target, same story, all the 3DS games consolidated to and end cap and no $5 games to be found. I know people are saying this isn’t a glitch, but there is something weird going on. Why are so many people finding that all the $5 games were pulled and sent to the back or some other cabinet locked away? I know it’s a good price but it seems strange that they could have dozens and dozens of some of these games one day and zero the next.

bread's done
Back