Target - $4.99 - Select Nintendo 3DS games

srocky26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
https://www.target.com/c/nintendo-3ds-games-video/-/N-5xfno?sortBy=PriceLow&Nao=0

Includes:
Mario 3D Land
Zelda OoT
Zelda Link Between Worlds
DK Country Returns
Luigi Dark Moon

all titles listed below are 4.99
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds (I bought this one)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Super Mario 3D Land
Nintendo Selects: Ultimate NES Remix - Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing™: New Leaf Nintendo 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Nintendo 3DS (I will be buying this one at my target asap)
Project X Zone 2 Nintendo 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D already removed from the site listing but some people have found it in store.

Other items
Mario Kart 7 $14.99
New Super Mario Bros. 2 $14.99
Detective Pikachu (Nintendo 3DS) $24.99
Minecraft (New Nintendo 3DS) (Nintendo 3DS) $14.99

Games I can't see the price on because it is out of stock and has price only visible when added to cart
Puzzles & Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Edition Nintendo 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest Nintendo 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright Nintendo 3DS

Credit to SD

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont bother price matching anything more than half off at best buy anymore. They need to amend their price match policy to reflect that then

Went to a Best Buy to try to price match Ultimate NES Remix.  Their system wouldn't let me price match that low.  Just called up their customer service, and they were able to price match an in-store pickup order over the phone.  Had to place an order online for full price, and was told I would receive a refund within a day or so to my card.

Weird thing was the support couldn't locate the game online on Target's website.  Would have been easier to use chat to share a direct link, but the chat link isn't working for me at the moment.  Glad they were willing to price matched anyway.

If something goes wrong with the refund I'll deal with it at that point...

Actually glad this game is on sale.  I almost used a 30% off My Nintendo coupon for a digital copy a few days ago, but this is a much better deal!

Went to another Target, same story, all the 3DS games consolidated to and end cap and no $5 games to be found. I know people are saying this isn’t a glitch, but there is something weird going on. Why are so many people finding that all the $5 games were pulled and sent to the back or some other cabinet locked away? I know it’s a good price but it seems strange that they could have dozens and dozens of some of these games one day and zero the next.
Because they sold out this morning. My local Targets had numerous of all of them, and there were still plenty left after I picked mine up around 9:00 am. By 11:00 am, EVERYTHING in my area was OOS.

Got the in store pickup notification

It feels good getting on this deal the day after discovering that my physical copy of Fire Emblem Awakenings was corrupted. Had to spend $40 to get a replacement copy. Balancing out a 3DS loss with a cheapy $5 win 😊

Now this is what I call a deal.

Picked up one of each 5 dollar game except Mario and Luigi dream team.

I would highly recommend everyone get ocarina of time. I could see that one getting pricey once 3ds stuff is OOP.

Is Nintendo about to announce a new system, or is Target just making more space for the main 3 systems? Hmm.

Anyway, I went to two Targets, picked up Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Nintendo 3DS for 4.99. Was looking for the Link to the Past sequel or Luigi's mansions, but shrug.

Is Nintendo about to announce a new system, or is Target just making more space for the main 3 systems? Hmm.

Anyway, I went to two Targets, picked up Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Nintendo 3DS for 4.99. Was looking for the Link to the Past sequel or Luigi's mansions, but shrug.
I think that Nintendo feels that given that the Switch is portable and with competition from mobile gaming, the days for a separate dedicated portable platform are numbered. Unless there's new advancements in technology that would lend itself to one, I don't think we'll see another separate portable, at least not for a while. Target probably got notice from Nintendo that new 3DS releases going forward are only going to trickle out at a very slow pace of maybe 1 or 2 per quarter, and just made the business decision to remove them from stores altogether given how valuable retail space can be.

Wouldn’t be surprised if more streamlined versions of the 3DS systems were announced sometime this year. Maybe thinner design, better battery life, etc. Nothing major, just design tweaks. Nintendo already announced a remake of the Wii’s Yawn Kirby game and another Mario & Luigi remake for 3DS, so all signs point to them keeping the 3DS products in production for the time being.

Maybe my viewpoint is in the minority, but I don't get the appeal of the Switch.  For portable usage it's too large to carry around  - much prefer the 3DS or Vita form factor for gaming on the go.  For home usage the Switch is based on a mobile tech so it offers a compromised experience compared to the PS4/Xbox.  For instance the Switch versions of AAA games like Skyrim, Doom & Wolfenstein are impressive, BUT there is no doubt their performance is compromised compared to the other versions.

The Switch exclusives (specially those made by Nintendo) on the other hand are amazing, but between:

1. The great collection of games on the 3DS (and other older Nintendo systems)
  2. The NES/SNES Classics making Nintendo's greats easier than ever to access
  3. The fact that most of the standout indie games on Switch are available on other consoles
... I don't feel like I'm missing out not having a Switch... yet.

I'd probably bite if Nintendo released a smaller 5-inch screen sized Switch for portable usage only (near the dimensions of the Vita/3DS).  I'd even be interested in a Switch designed solely for TV usage.  I just don't want to pay extra for a converting system when I don't need that feature.

Though admittedly I live on my own, so I could see the appeal of Switch if I needed to share my TV access with multiple people.  I also think it would have been great when I lived in a dorm.  Loved gaming on portable systems during those years.

Now this is what I call a deal.

Picked up one of each 5 dollar game except Mario and Luigi dream team.

I would highly recommend everyone get ocarina of time. I could see that one getting pricey once 3ds stuff is OOP.
I'd Dream Team $5? Or any of the Mario RPGs like Paper Jam? I imagine any of them besides Superstar Saga are only available very ymmv.

Lol they had the games tucked away in some other case. Not sure if they were planning on moving them to the back, or an employee put them there...
My store had already pulled the stock off the floor, but I was able to have them grab in back for me: NES Remix, Mario 3D Land, LoZ: LBW and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
Thanks, was able to snag the last copy of SMTIV at a local store. Had to get an employee to grab it from the back because they had already pulled it from the shelves
It's not a glitch, just came from Target where they actually had signage up on the games. Also two of the games that were on the website weren't out on the shelves had to ask the guy who seemed kind of irritated that he had to go back and get them for me since I already had a stack full of games in my hand. I'm so glad I woke up and checked the forum and saw this.
...And my hate for target intensifies. Smfh

I think this is the only Target video games deal I have gotten in the last 10 years to be very honest. The games were thrown in a case in an endcap on the bottom. You couldn't even see them. They were unmarked and there were no signs. The employee was very nice and I looked through them. I got 4 games. There were enough copies to go around, oddly enough. Its clear Target isn't putting much effort at least into my area into after-Xmas clearance as there are a ton of unmarked items around the store. I also got many after Xmas items since the 26th.

We had a stack of Hey Pikmin at 11.98. A big stack. Lots of Zelda. I didn't see any other Zelda games there. Lots of Mario 3d.

Normally I hate Target, they pull clearance before it actually gets cheap enough to buy and deny me all coupons at the register and always make up some kind of excuse why I can't use the coupon that isn't even relevant in most cases, so for me to get this deal was absolutely insane.

Picked up the last copies of Donkey Kong Country Returns, LOZ: Link Between Worlds, and Lego Force Awakens at my nearby store.  Thanks OP!

The store inventory on the website isn't accurate at the two targets that I went to. There were no cheap games left but I ended up picking up Detective Pikachu and Luigi's Mansion. Seemed fair for $25 a pop. Might go back for Warioware.

Target is just clearing the space it would seem. Both Targets in my area moved the 3DS stuff out of the normal Nintendo section and have them on two endcaps now (one dedicated to 3DS, one mixed with games from other systems). They will still likely stock the big titles, and Pokemon titles, at least through the end of the year though.

Yeah, all my Targets around here suck for clearance and deals like this. We're lucky if they have 2 of anything when these come up and they're gone before we get up. : \

Thanks to yall, I was able to cop:

Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Monster hunter stories (so happy I was able to find this for 12 bucks)

Would love to get SMT Apocalypse for $5, but pretty sure my Target is OOS. The only game I don't already own for the $5 is DKC Returns, going to stop in on my way home from work and try to nab one of those. 

My brother was able to find a lone DKC at another Target this morning hidden behind some stuff. The clerk was surprised any were still in store, and she mentioned they expect a restock of the $5 games on 1/11. Whether this is true, or if the games will still be $5 by then, we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, my online order is backordered.  Estimated shipping is between the 9th and the 21st. 

Ugh, it's gonna get cancelled, isn't it?

Yeah, my online order is backordered. Estimated shipping is between the 9th and the 21st.

Ugh, it's gonna get cancelled, isn't it?
It doesn't look good. FWIW, both of my online orders (placed before 7 am on Sunday) shipped out by mid-day Sunday.

When I "pre-ordered" the X1X pubg bundle during their last snafu, it ended up as backordered, but eventually they sent it.

You must have faith in the glitch.
The glitch will set you free!!! (+$5)

Target is not discontinuing the 3DS.

Target is not clearing out 3DS stock.

Nintendo is not doing any of the above as well.

Target is offering $15 off 3DS video games store wide.

Which means any game that was $20 is now priced at $5.

Please do not spread misinformation. 

Edit to correct $15 off 3DS

Target is offering $15 off video games store wide.

Really, wow. That’s solid deal too

Target is offering $15 off video games store wide.

So this is just in stores then since not every game online is reflecting $15 off?

Target is offering $15 off 3DS video games store wide.

Edit to correct $15 off 3DS
Yeah, that was the lie a BB manager tried to sell me as an excuse for them not overriding a PM. They could have through some trickery, but she was just being her usual bitchy self.

Since my Target was sold out of all of these titles, I tried price matching one of them at Best buy.  Even though Target had the title I wanted in stock online, the manager at Best Buy would not do the price match.  They refused and said that their register wouldn't let them mark the game down from $19.99 to $4.99.  Best they could do was $9.99.  Needless to say I walked lol

Since my Target was sold out of all of these titles, I tried price matching one of them at Best buy. Even though Target had the title I wanted in stock online, the manager at Best Buy would not do the price match. They refused and said that their register wouldn't let them mark the game down from $19.99 to $4.99. Best they could do was $9.99. Needless to say I walked lol
There is a workaround reported: they can sell it for $9.99 and adjust to $4.99 post-sale. GL convincing them to though, as it would take a pretty chill manager or employee to do it. Or you can just chat online and get John Wick to price match it. :rofl:

I had success price matching through best buy chat for the 3ds NES Remix. Thanks for the suggestion. One target near me had it listed in stock and a local best buy still had it on the shelf. The price match went very smoothly to my surprise. 

I have this for the Wii U but had difficulty finding time to sit down and play it. 

Brickseek says my target has SMT4A, but the target site wont let me order for store pickup. I'll try after work. Wish I checked this board yesterday!

BB online / phone CSR are able to match the $4.99 price.

BB Store not able to match as the system does not allow it. Workaround:

1) Price Adjust in store to the max allowed which is $10

2) Complete Sale/Transaction at $10

3) Have agent then do a Price Adjustment the additional $5 after Sale is complete

It was suggested earlier that a $15 discount applies to any game this week at Target. Is this just for 3DS games, or will it work on games for other systems? And if so, can anyone confirm that this is the case based on a purchase that they made? If this isn't the case, I apologize in advance.

It was suggested earlier that a $15 discount applies to any game this week at Target. Is this just for 3DS games, or will it work on games for other systems? And if so, can anyone confirm that this is the case based on a purchase that they made? If this isn't the case, I apologize in advance.
It's on select 3DS games, full list is available on Target.com through the weekly ad.

Picked up Yoshi Wooly World, Hey Pikmin for $11.98 on clearance and LA Noire PS4 $8.98

Not a bad haul. Plus two Bluetooth headphones for $5 each

BAH! Both my stores are picked clean. Wish I would have seen this yesterday.
I had to run by mine this morning to get some household items on the way to work and it was 100% devoid of anything related to the sale. Less than 24-hours before when I picked up my own in-store order of $5 games, it was well stocked...so yeah, I'd say word has gotten around.

Although another poster indicated that their worker(s) gave information about a possible restock on Jan. 11, I'd be very surprised to see these items just be added to the show floor (presuming they arrive at all). In my experience, when Target runs OOS on a weekly ad item, they tend to sit on additional inventory that might arrive, 'magically' making them appear on the show floor the following Sunday morning. As a pragmatist, Target cannot be making much (if any?) profit on the $5 games, and it's more likely that they're selling at a loss. Consequently, there is little incentive for them to replace stock mid-week.

Given how rapidly the online inventory disappeared, I find it much more likely that any restocks are likely to be found online (and will still be gone in a matter of minutes with the army of Alt-F5ers out there).

YMMV on price matching at beat buy. cashier gave me the same thing about the system not letting her go that low. i politely asked her if she could check with a manager to see if there was anything they could do. manager came over and was super cool. he told her to run it as apartial cash payment for the difference (or something like that, i didnt fully understand) but in the end i got the games for $5 each.

Looks like the $5 games aren't coming up on the site anymore. Managed to get one of each at least. Except Animal Crossing. If anyone wants to trade for LoZ Link Between Worlds, I'd rather have Animal Crossing.

bread's done
Back