Target AD 4-6 to 4-12 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video games)

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Wii U yesterday and used the $50 gift card to PM and buy 3 games for the B2G1 (All from Amazon.com): DK ($39.99; free game), Super Mario 3D World ($50.49) and Zelda ($41.41).  Used my red card for everything and ended up spending $42 for the games after GC.

Like mentioned above in some posts, I assume the B2G1 gets triggered automatically for the cheapest game or when the third game is rung in a transaction with the consideration that we need to confirm that the game qualifies for the B2G1 on Target's website.

Also assuming this behaves the same way for price matched games too where we do not have to specifically ask for B2G1 offer to be combined.

Can someone confirm if the B2G1 works for the cheapest game free or the third game free? If the latter one, then I was planning to get some game which I might keep for myself like Infamous which does not have any deal right now.

Looked at my receipt today and it shows I paid for one @ 39.99, and one @ 29.99. After that it shows that my other 39.99 was the free one! At rhe rregister I thought it was odd that I was only charged 70+tx. Pay attention to how they ring you up!
Somebody just reported over on slickdeals that it is taking off the most expensive game, like the B2G1 coupon did back at the end of last year.

I'm gonna try PM NFS Most Wanted to TRU (both systems), and  get Titanfall for free. 

Will report back.

If this is the case, I'm going over there right now. lol
I just read through and it look like only one person said that on slickdeals and that person also keep referencing how much he made out during the coupon last time while others on slickdeals said it not work even cheapest gamer who was banned from here said he tried and it didn't work right now it sound like a troll on slickdeals so I would wait for more confirmation cause some people on here tried last night and also said it didn't work

I just read through and it look like only one person said that on slickdeals and that person also keep referencing how much he made out during the coupon last time while others on slickdeals said it not work even cheapest gamer who was banned from here said he tried and it didn't work right now it sound like a troll on slickdeals so I would wait for more confirmation cause some people on here tried last night and also said it didn't work
lol I was kidding, partially because I'm stuck in class, but thanks for the warning.

Got Last of Us PM, Luigi's Mansion PM and got Wonderful 101 for free for total ~$68.

LOL worthy moment was when different Target girl said they wouldn't PM LM with Amazon because I had to buy Prime membership. She doesn't know how Prime worked but knew it cost $79/year...WTF. And it wasn't like some old lady who probably never used Amazon before but a late 20's girl...

If there really is a glitch involving the third game, I might give this a shot with DW8 :)ps4:) as the third game...Any additional confirmations would be greatly appreciated.

Since quite a number of people were saying that the highest cost game is sometimes coming as free, went ahead and tried some combinations with the following possibilities:

- The third game that is rang comes as free provided the price of the 3rd game is same or lesser than the MSRP of rest two games.

eg: For Titanfall ($45 PM BB orig $59.99), Titanfall ($45 PM BB orig $59.99) and Infamous (@MSRP $59.99), Infamous would be the third one rung and becomes free since MSRP of all games at Target is $59.99

- Since some mentioned the third game combination like last time was not working, tried another combination

eg: Titanfall, Infamous and Titanfall

In both cases, the cheapest game (After PM i.e. Titanfall) came as free irrespective of the order. FYI, the counter guy did not have to manually add anything for B2G1 as free and this got combined with PM.

I initially mentioned by mistake to the guy that I wanted to do PM and B2G1 which he was not ready to accept, but when the system allowed PM and then B2G1 automatically, he was okay.

So people wanting to go for B2G1, just go ahead with scanning the 3 games and only commenting if the B2G1 does not automatically come up.

If there really is a glitch involving the third game, I might give this a shot with DW8 ( :ps4:) as the third game...Any additional confirmations would be greatly appreciated.
Check my post above, I tried two combinations, you might want to check few more sources before trying this or be prepared to return in case this doesn't work.

I did not see your post. I will have to go with your word, and try it out.
Just get the three games and tell them youd like to check out at guest services for a price match. You dont have to mention the b2g1 as it is already in the system. they have an ipad mini they will use to check the zon prices. easy peasy.

Since quite a number of people were saying that the highest cost game is sometimes coming as free, went ahead and tried some combinations with the following possibilities:

- The third game that is rang comes as free provided the price of the 3rd game is same or lesser than the MSRP of rest two games.

eg: For Titanfall ($45 PM BB orig $59.99), Titanfall ($45 PM BB orig $59.99) and Infamous (@MSRP $59.99), Infamous would be the third one rung and becomes free since MSRP of all games at Target is $59.99

- Since some mentioned the third game combination like last time was not working, tried another combination

eg: Titanfall, Infamous and Titanfall

In both cases, the cheapest game came as free irrespective of the order. FYI, the counter guy did not have to manually add anything for B2G1 as free and this got combined with PM.

I initially mentioned by mistake to the guy that I wanted to do PM and B2G1 which he was not ready to accept, but when the system allowed PM and then B2G1 automatically, he was okay.

So people wanting to go for B2G1, just go ahead with scanning the 3 games and only commenting if the B2G1 does not automatically come up.
So wait, Infamous became the free one when you tried this? Making your total ~$90?

Completely livid with my local target and seriously contemplating calling corporate to file a complaint, since the manager I know wasn't on shift today. There are a handful of Vita games I was looking to pick up, I found one on the shelf I wanted, from a total of six Vita games visible. I knew they had three others I wanted based on the stock checker online yet they were nowhere to be found. The rep told me they were all in the back as there was no designated shelf space. Well how does a customer shop/buy a product if you don't have it anywhere out?! I asked the rep to please let me know what Vita games they have available, besides the three I know I definitely wanted to purchase 'in the back', to just look when he gets the three I wanted while back there. His reply was "I can't do that". I told him don't even bother to get the games 'in the back', and left.

Hmmm, I read back through the thread over there. Maybe the difference is doing a PM versus not doing a PM. People report it not working when they get a pricematch on one or more of the games in the bundle, but the one on slickdeals said he just used clearance games and the expensive game.

Hmmm, I read back through the thread over there. Maybe the difference is doing a PM versus not doing a PM. People report it not working when they get a pricematch on one or more of the games in the bundle, but the one on slickdeals said he just used clearance games and the expensive game.
he also said this: "During the coupon I was using clearance copies of some sort of Cooking Mama game, can't remember which one it was, but they were like $3.48, $4.96, $5.98 etc. on clearance and they had piles and piles of them, also $5 and $6 PC value game bundles. " If you talking about that snatch_catcher person this is part a post he posted and read the first sentence it says "COUPON" he referring to the last time target had buy two get one free

he also said this: "During the coupon I was using clearance copies of some sort of Cooking Mama game, can't remember which one it was, but they were like $3.48, $4.96, $5.98 etc. on clearance and they had piles and piles of them, also $5 and $6 PC value game bundles. " If you talking about that snatch_catcher person this is part a post he posted and read the first sentence it says "COUPON" he referring to the last time target had buy two get one free
This guy is saying people here on CAG reported the glitch working:

Quote from nthydro :
Some people on CAG are reporting that the glitch does work.

And then yeah that other one said it worked in the system but he was denied. And with CoD Ghosts. That wasn't out when the coupon was around, so it has to be this week with the B2G1 promo:

Quote from snatch_catcher :
Worked with CoD Ghosts Prestige Edition ($179.99) and two clearance games $8.98 a piece, made Ghosts Prestige Edition free but the clerk wouldn't complete the transaction and give it to me. It was $18 something total. The Prestige was scanned last. Also at another store they didn't have Prestige but they had the Hardened Edition $79.99, this one was scanned in the middle and worked as well but again was denied when the total was entered, the clerk called the manager over who said she wasn't going to give me the most expensive game free even if it rang up. Will try again all week.

If you have the credit right now and

get lucky with price matching Amazon and Best Buy

$45 titanfall

$45 Forza 

$46.51 AC4 XBONE (VERY YMMV) because of 3rd Party Seller with Prime

$91 With Target B2G1

Trade-In at Best Buy

$42 Titanfall

$40 Forza

$40.5 AC4

$122.5 without GCU 

Targets website has been hit hard with not much left to get, and my local stores barely carry any games. Shame, I've been waiting on a deal for FFX HD vita.

This guy is saying people here on CAG reported the glitch working:

Quote from nthydro :
Some people on CAG are reporting that the glitch does work.

And then yeah that other one said it worked in the system but he was denied. And with CoD Ghosts. That wasn't out when the coupon was around, so it has to be this week with the B2G1 promo:

Quote from snatch_catcher :
Worked with CoD Ghosts Prestige Edition ($179.99) and two clearance games $8.98 a piece, made Ghosts Prestige Edition free but the clerk wouldn't complete the transaction and give it to me. It was $18 something total. The Prestige was scanned last. Also at another store they didn't have Prestige but they had the Hardened Edition $79.99, this one was scanned in the middle and worked as well but again was denied when the total was entered, the clerk called the manager over who said she wasn't going to give me the most expensive game free even if it rang up. Will try again all week.
yet only he been able to do that and I actually had my brother try that 20 minutes since he lived close to a target that has that call of duty just to see what happen and did the same scenario and it didn't work. There is a glitch yes I believe that explains two of the posts here in thread on this forum. But it a minor Glitch let say you get 3 games regular $60 each and you price match two at $45 then scan the third at the normal $60 that $60 game is coming up as free since all had the same normal msrp same with the person earlier last night in this thread who bought 3 3ds games that are usually $40 a piece and they price matched two of them yet the third one scanned at regular price came up free since all three had the same normal $40 msrp price before price match. There is a glitch but not like the kind that guy is talking about he sounds more like a troll since only he has said he done it yet no one can replicate it.

eg: For Titanfall ($45 PM BB orig $59.99), Titanfall ($45 PM BB orig $59.99) and Infamous (@MSRP $59.99), Infamous would be the third one rung and becomes free since MSRP of all games at Target is $59.99

eg: Titanfall, Infamous and Titanfall

In both cases, the cheapest game (After PM i.e. Titanfall) came as free irrespective of the order. FYI, the counter guy did not have to manually add anything for B2G1 as free and this got combined with PM.

so all three you tried were regularly $59.99 before price match right?

Thanks!

I PM Luigi's Mansion for 33, Mario & Luigi Dreamteam for 29 and got for free Yoshi's Island (all for 3DS), I thought the system was going to give for free the cheapest but I got the $40 for free being the 3rd game registered!
so all three you tried were regularly $39.99 before price match though right?

And then I'll be stuck with $65 in Target credit that I will probably try to do another B2G1 with for more hassles because I used a BBY Visa GC for my purchases..
You didn`t keep the gc ouch

At that point I went back in and just said I'd like to price match the games. The register automatically applied the free game after she priced match everything. I think the trick is to just pick out 3 games and ask for a price match. Don't mention anything about the free game. The register does it for you.
Yep, most things the pc does itself just let it same goes for the $20 off + pms

Yeah I think you're right dreamer.  I'm still trying to figure out what else to get, but I think I might be done unless some new info comes up to make the deal even better.  With the PM glitch being still uncertain (as that one person who reported getting 2 different Titanfalls PM'd then trying to get Infamous SS full price for free but the glitch didn't work), I'll just wait.

Lol, went to pricematch Amazon and the Target manager said they pricematch Amazon but not Prime prices. What in the actual fuck? I couldnt reason with him and explain that there isnt a price thru Amazon that doesnt have the Prime symbol beside it. Huge wtf moment for me.

Yesterday I got it pricematched no problem.

My two local targets were pretty cleared out (central NJ)... settled for PS4 Rayman Legends, DK Tropical Freeze (PM to Amazon for $40), and D3 RoS (for the GF). Really wanted DW8 for the PS4!

B2G1

Super Mario 3D Land 

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Pokemon Y

Also grabbed 3 Swap Force Skylanders  (Shadow Trap, Stink Bomb, and Rubble Rouser) after picking up PS4 Swap Force at TRU with the $10 off coupon.

Roughly paid around $140 or so for $230 worth of games. Can't go wrong there.

Target Site does not show many Wii U games eligible under B2G1 offer. The store just has a default board mentioning B2G1 offer without mentioning any specific. Even in the AD, Target mentions offer for select games.

Do all games fall under B2G1 category? Did someone try buying a game which is not under the B2G1 eligibility on Target's site?

Target Site does not show many Wii U games eligible under B2G1 offer. The store just has a default board mentioning B2G1 offer without mentioning any specific. Even in the AD, Target mentions offer for select games.

Do all games fall under B2G1 category? Did someone try buying a game which is not under the B2G1 eligibility on Target's site?
This is how targets b2g1 video game sales have always worked. The web site is only select titles. In store it is ALL titles. I always go in store for these sales for that reason (plus I can easily stack price matches, preorder cards, and coupons in store as well for great deals). The website is of no use to me unless I want to include some of those stray preorders in the deal which the website sometimes has included.

You didn't keep the visa card?
Yeah I didn't understand why he didn't just get the visa gift card credited either. Why is he getting back target credit unless...he threw away the visa gift card when it was zeroed. If so that wasn't too bright but I guess just another lesson learned.

B2G1

Super Mario 3D Land

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Pokemon Y

Also grabbed 3 Swap Force Skylanders (Shadow Trap, Stink Bomb, and Rubble Rouser) after picking up PS4 Swap Force at TRU with the $10 off coupon.

Roughly paid around $140 or so for $230 worth of games. Can't go wrong there.
It's Trap Shadow. Do you even Skylander, bruh? ;)

I'm seeing mixed results here, but it looks like in at least some situations, Target are price-matching other retailers (including Amazon) and THEN price-matching from there? If so, then I may look to take advantage of this deal. Not sure it's worth it at three full price games when I could go used or wait for a price drop.

I'm seeing mixed results here, but it looks like in at least some situations, Target are price-matching other retailers (including Amazon) and THEN price-matching from there? If so, then I may look to take advantage of this deal. Not sure it's worth it at three full price games when I could go used or wait for a price drop.
Pick up three games, ask to PM the ones with lower prices elsewhere, DON'T mention the B2G1 AT ALL, and the register should handle it automatically.

Ended up picking up
2 Diablo III (360) pm 29.99
2 Need for Speed Rivals(ps3)pm 29.99/free
Tales of Xillia pm Bby 31.99
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix (free)

After bby trade in on those NFS and d3 have 121 credit and some free RPGs :)
Where did you PM need for speed?

Edit: nvm found the answer: TRU

bread's done
Back